MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

32 minutes ago, Jedi Master said:

Also, $20 for one figure like Cody is very valid. Rare clones go for more than that on other websites all the time. I sold a phase 1 captain rex for $40, and a phase 2 Wolfpack for $36 the other day. It makes 20 seem like not that much for an exclusive figure

I agree, if only on the secondary market (I.E. Bricklink/eBay). I'd happily pay $20 for Cody on Bricklink, but Lego can not seriously justify a $20 hike just off one clone.

2 hours ago, MandRproductions said:

To be fair there's a preliminary image of him in the Battle Pack. It's not like someone made it up. Not sure about the aforementioned V-19 still. 

Hi mandrproductions!!

1 hour ago, jpipes7261 said:

I think that v-19 rumor from 2018 was garbage to begin with. That Rebelscum post only seemed to have gotten Snoke's throne room correct, but the details were waaaay off from what we got. I'm guessing it was a coincidence and that they guessed that one right.

The canto bight was also fake rumor

Also the UCS super star destroyer in 2018 was fake. Venator rumor in 2019 by meylos studs was fake, and duel on exogal was fake although i think it was an educated guess by my idol mandr? Also guys check out 

was posted 11 hours ago on 2021 rumors. Whoa! 

17 minutes ago, waz said:

Hi mandrproductions!!

Also the UCS super star destroyer in 2018 was fake. Venator rumor in 2019 by meylos studs was fake, and duel on exogal was fake although i think it was an educated guess by my idol mandr? Also guys check out 

Wasn't this list said to be fake because its waaaay to far out and "wish listy" for it to be real?

2 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

Wasn't this list said to be fake because its waaaay to far out and "wish listy" for it to be real?

No way is Lego making another AT-OT and dropship, that part turned the list from somewhat believable to downright fake.

And i just noticed it, but every set their is Clone wars Related, Lego is in no way making just Clone wars sets without a single Original or Sequel trilogy Set.

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

1 minute ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

No way is Lego making another AT-OT and dropship, that part turned the list from somewhat believable to downright fake.

No it wasn't 100% confirmed AT-OT and dropship. Could also be an AT-TE or the codename for the UCS gunship

Can we focus on 2020 leaks? We will most likely get MTT in 2021 ,rest of it is his wishlisting. Would be a great move from LEGO to finally make new droids (that didnt change from 1999) and then release droid battle pack and MTT. But again we dont even have AAT pictures or info that is coming out in 2 months and we are talking about year ahead.

Edited by PreVizsla

1 minute ago, waz said:

No it wasn't 100% confirmed AT-OT and dropship. Could also be an AT-TE or the codename for the UCS gunship

Well, a gunship makes more sense then that. 

Just now, PreVizsla said:

Can we focus on 2020 leaks? We will most likely get MTT in 2021 ,rest of it is his wishlisting. Would be a great move from LEGO to finally make new droids (that didnt change from 1999) and then release droid battle pack and MTT. But again we dont even have ATT pictures or info that is coming out in 2 months and we are talking about year ahead.

Is there a 2021 rumors chat? I mean, it could be real, we'll have to wait. Also he said it wasn't his own rumors it was from a sourcee?

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Well, a gunship makes more sense then that. 

It could be the codename for the UCS gunship or it could be an AT-TE

2 minutes ago, waz said:

Is there a 2021 rumors chat? I mean, it could be real, we'll have to wait. Also he said it wasn't his own rumors it was from a sourcee?

It could be the codename for the UCS gunship or it could be an AT-TE

The UCS gunship is probably going to be release for the May the 4th and not January 

4 minutes ago, waz said:

I mean, it could be real, we'll have to wait. Also he said it wasn't his own rumors it was from a sourcee?

His source is a troll who got banned from eurobricks forums week ago if i remember correctly for spamming his wish list and pretending its real, its as reliable as failed Solid Brix Studios wish list for clone wars sets from january.

1 minute ago, PreVizsla said:

His source is a troll who got banned from eurobricks forums week ago if i remember correctly for spamming his wish list and pretending its real, its as reliable as failed Solid Brix Studios wish list for clone wars sets from january.

solid brix studios!? he actually did fake rumors!?

this was also a troll wave ?

3 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

38 minutes ago, waz said:

Hi mandrproductions!!

Hello everyone, I am actually Jared from Jrod productionstudios who made this video, my username is not the same here.

I'm relatively new to eurobricks, so had no idea those were not official rumors. Thanks everyone for tipping me off.

Just now, Jedi Master said:

Hello everyone, I am actually Jared from Jrod productionstudios who made this video, my username is not the same here.

I'm relatively new to eurobricks, so had no idea those were not official rumors. Thanks everyone for tipping me off.

idk i believe they have a like 70% chance for being real because they are quite POPULAR rumors. the ahsoka vs maul, the mtt, the clone battlepack are all very popular rumors.

Just now, waz said:

idk i believe they have a like 70% chance for being real because they are quite POPULAR rumors. the ahsoka vs maul, the mtt, the clone battlepack are all very popular rumors.

For sure. As of now I will stick that they are rumors, I've heard it more than just one place, but will be sure to update and correct myself for the video I posted today. 

Also, does anyone know if I can change my username to match my youtube account?

1 minute ago, PreVizsla said:

Yep that one was a straight-away fake rumor list, although the 2021 rumors list sounds super real. the clone battlepack, the mtt, the ahsoka vs maul as the 2021 duel set. and the mandalorian set seems totally real with the new mandalorian season coming in october. and the big clone wars set could be a codename for the ucs gunship or an at-te?

solid brix was speaking like his video was a rumors video, although it might have been his wishlist?

3 minutes ago, Jedi Master said:

Also, does anyone know if I can change my username to match my youtube account?

I don't think you can change it?

Why are we discussing 2021 sets that aren't actual rumors? I understand excitement over potential 2020 set figures, or even guesses over the TBA exclusive, but come on guys, there's no way we'll get any kind of trustworthy 2021 rumor list until late August at least, if not later.

Also, parroting common wishlist items doesn't constitute a "popular rumor", it's just tickling the ear so to speak. Telling people what they want to hear. Not dissing anyone who posts these rumors, but take them with a whole carton of salt.

Just now, waz said:

Yep that one was a straight-away fake rumor list, although the 2021 rumors list sounds super real. the clone battlepack, the mtt, the ahsoka vs maul as the 2021 duel set. and the mandalorian set seems totally real with the new mandalorian season coming in october. and the big clone wars set could be a codename for the ucs gunship or an at-te?

Sounds super real because its all fans want. Ahsoka trooper battle pack ,maul vs ahsoka duel etc. Mtt is 99% sure cause we get one every 7 years. It sounds unreal that we would have Ucs Republic Gunship,501st XL battle pack,At-te and ahsoka clone battle pack on the shelfs all at the same time,with possible clones in AAT and with clone/cody in Grievous starfighter. My mind just cant process that after 10 years of weekly disappointment on the LEGO eisle with shelfs full of mostly original trilogy and sequel sets.

3 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Why are we discussing 2021 sets that aren't actual rumors? I understand excitement over potential 2020 set figures, or even guesses over the TBA exclusive, but come on guys, there's no way we'll get any kind of trustworthy 2021 rumor list until late August at least, if not later.

Also, parroting common wishlist items doesn't constitute a "popular rumor", it's just tickling the ear so to speak. Telling people what they want to hear. Not dissing anyone who posts these rumors, but take them with a whole carton of salt.

I understand. Not sure how or why my video got brought into this. 

21 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Guys guys guys chill. 7 months away is totally realistic. How can it not be!? January 2020 rumors came in february 11 months before the release date. April 2020 rumors came in august 2019 8 months before the release date. october 2019 rumors came in march, 7 months before the release date. And summer 2020 rumors came in februayr 2020, 6 monnths before the release date. Right now is totally realistic. Your point of the list revealing august or later seems a bit too late, cus august is 5 months away, which is a bit too late? As I said, for now I consider this rumor to be a 50/50 chance of being real. The leaker does sound VERY formal and they claim the information to come from their friends from the lego company. I'll probably give a 50/50 chance that this could be real. I mean the timing is totally accurate. 7 months away from the official release date seems reasonable since we've had times when rumors came out way earlier than the release dates. And the wave does seem quite mild so it could be true. Clone battlepack is totally possible, I mean how could it not be? Ahsoka vs maul is a duh for the duel set, although he did not say that it was 100% ahsoka vs maul. And the MTT was a recent rumor in the last weeks, which were also covered by quite a lot of youtubers. I say there's a high chance for this to be real because of one thing. That the person who wrote this mentioned the fact about lego's stock decreases and listening to fan-demanded sets more. That's the main reason why I sort of believe this. Anyways we shouldn't blindly say this is "fake" because of the mild sets, the timing 7 months away, and also because he did mention inner details about the lego company that any fake liar wouldn't be able to say. And yeah we should trust this for now, cus who knows maybe in the next few weeks everyone's gonna see this as a real list and regret what they all said? :grin:

I mean, the V19 rumor turned out fake, the venator in 2019 by meylos studs was fake, the ucs super star destroyer in 2018 was fake, the canto bight police speeder in 2018 was also fake, the snoke's throme room description was fake since there was no cloth, and the 501st troopers also seemed fake and all leakers said that it was not true but turned out real. Also I did not believe in the april 2020 wave and thought that there would be like 3 more playsets. Let's for now "believe" in it, and in the next few weeks if there's more information that's compeltely opposite of it, then it's fake. If the new rumors aree similar ex: phase 1 clone battlepack, rebel troopers battlepack, at-te microfighter, ahsoka vs maul duel set, then we could believe in it. As of now it's the only source that seems trustworthy, so let's try to believe that it's real and then when more rumors drop we will be able to determine whether it's fake or real.

Cus a I mean a cloen troopers battlepack isn't so crazy that it seems fake does it? It's totally normal. Cus the last COMPLETELY clones battlepack that was also CANON was from 2014. And it'll be a 7 years gap. 7 YEARS!

Also, just to change the topic sort of for now, I heard people say that there will be phase 2 Cody in Grievous's Starfighter because of the new Skywalker Saga videogame coming soon and that they needed phase 2 Cody on Utapau. I'm not sure if they'll just change phase 2 Cody to phase 1 Cody tho, but I'm leaning more towards no phase 2 Cody in Grievous's Starfighter. :pir-bawling:

18 minutes ago, waz said:

Guys guys guys chill. 7 months away is totally realistic. How can it not be!? January 2020 rumors came in february 11 months before the release date. April 2020 rumors came in august 2019 8 months before the release date. october 2019 rumors came in march, 7 months before the release date. And summer 2020 rumors came in februayr 2020, 6 monnths before the release date. Right now is totally realistic. Your point of the list revealing august or later seems a bit too late, cus august is 5 months away, which is a bit too late?

Its not about time its about mods who said not to discuss 2021 leaks cause they will make a separate thread for it when we get first true piece of information.
And the guy who made video used troll on forum for his source and not a reliable leaker,we shouldnt make 100 pages of speculation based on  a trolls information from unknown youtuber whose reputation isnt on the line.

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Sorry if I came off harsh, there's just been a lot of debate and speculation recently, that's all. So to answer your question, it is definitively known that it's not Cody but it is a clone (marked specifically).

Again, apologies for sounding off.

No worries at all, I'm glad to have that cleared up!  

On the topic of the TIE Bomber being possible, I think a $90-100 price point could be doable, I'm going to do some not-very-accurate estimations that can show why it maybe is plausible. 

The last TIE Bomber was 230 pieces (amazing how few parts some of these old ships had!) released back in 2003.  Now, the following year, we had two different TIE sets, one with a TIE Advanced and a Y-Wing (412 pieces) and one with a TIE Advanced, 2 regular TIEs, and a TIE Interceptor (682 pieces).   (No other TIES came out in 2003, so I'm just going to use the closest ones, which came out in 2004, going forward in time since the designs typically get more complex).

Let's just assume that this 2004 version of the TIE Advanced takes up about 180 pieces, since it's a smaller version of the Bomber, and looking at the box, it's clearly smaller than the Y-Wing with fewer greebles and other details than the Y-Wing, so about 40% of the set's total parts seems fair.  I believe that this exact same model was used in the TIE Collection.  That means that the other ~500 pieces of the TIE collection are for three ships, all of which are approximately the same size, with the Interceptor possibly taking up a few more parts since the wings look a bit more complex.  So let's say the regular TIE is about 165.  An earlier version was 171 (with minifigures) and a later version was 159, so that seems like a decent estimate.  That estimate, however rough, tells us that at the time, the piece ratio of a TIE Bomber to a TIE Fighter was roughly 1.4 (meaning that the Bomber had 1.4x the pieces of the Fighter).

The most recent normal TIE Fighter we had was the Solo one in 2018, which contained 519 pieces and retailed for $70 USD.  That piece ratio multiplied by 1.4 gives us 726 parts.  Now, keep in mind, this makes a lot of assumptions, namely that the size ratio would be kept relatively similar and/or that they wouldn't mold new parts to keep the piece count lower, but, I do believe that the reported piece count for the set is somewhere in the 700s.  So, assuming that they scale it proportionally with the TIE Fighter, it could be done within the 700-800 piece range given the sizing of our current TIE Fighters.

Edited by Kit Figsto

7 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

No worries at all, I'm glad to have that cleared up!  

On the topic of the TIE Bomber being possible, I think a $90-100 price point could be doable, I'm going to do some not-very-accurate estimations that can show why it maybe is plausible. 

The last TIE Bomber was 230 pieces (amazing how few parts some of these old ships had!) released back in 2003.  Now, the following year, we had two different TIE sets, one with a TIE Advanced and a Y-Wing (412 pieces) and one with a TIE Advanced, 2 regular TIEs, and a TIE Interceptor (682 pieces).   (No other TIES came out in 2003, so I'm just going to use the closest ones, which came out in 2004, going forward in time since the designs typically get more complex).

Let's just assume that this 2004 version of the TIE Advanced takes up about 180 pieces, since it's a smaller version of the Bomber, and looking at the box, it's clearly smaller than the Y-Wing with fewer greebles and other details than the Y-Wing, so about 40% of the set's total parts seems fair.  I believe that this exact same model was used in the TIE Collection.  That means that the other ~500 pieces of the TIE collection are for three ships, all of which are approximately the same size, with the Interceptor possibly taking up a few more parts since the wings look a bit more complex.  So let's say the regular TIE is about 165.  An earlier version was 171 (with minifigures) and a later version was 159, so that seems like a decent estimate.  That estimate, however rough, tells us that at the time, the piece ratio of a TIE Bomber to a TIE Fighter was roughly 1.4 (meaning that the Bomber had 1.4x the pieces of the Fighter).

The most recent normal TIE Fighter we had was the Solo one in 2018, which contained 519 pieces and retailed for $70 USD.  That piece ratio multiplied by 1.4 gives us 726 parts.  Now, keep in mind, this makes a lot of assumptions, namely that the size ratio would be kept relatively similar and/or that they wouldn't mold new parts to keep the piece count lower, but, I do believe that the reported piece count for the set is somewhere in the 700s.  So, assuming that they scale it proportionally with the TIE Fighter, it could be done within the 700-800 piece range given the sizing of our current TIE Fighters.

Well if they had bombs included they could include like 30 small bombs made by studs and have like 50 or 60 pieces for the bombs? Lol I don't think they'd do that but it's just a way to make the piece counts go up. It's just like how the geonosis troopers had like over 20 pieces of extra bullets, and they use stud shooters which take up 3 pieces each and some have handles on the back

10 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Its not about time its about mods who said not to discuss 2021 leaks cause they will make a separate thread for it when we get first true piece of information.
And the guy who made video used troll on forum for his source and not a reliable leaker,we shouldnt make 100 pages of speculation based on  a trolls information from unknown youtuber whose reputation isnt on the line.

Like I said let's take it with a piece of salt, and see in the end whether it's actually true or not. Cus sometimes falsely accusing someone can be very unfair

Edited by waz

Has anyone ever seem MeyloStudS? He always makes speculations and calls them rumors lol

Wth a wookie battlepack!? An ewok battlepack!? A venator?! Does he even have "sources"? And the home one?! Wth! He doesn't even talk about the set number!