MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Jedi Master said:

I got a good laugh at Schrodinger's AT TE. Unfortunately many probably wont understand that. Well done. Good analogy.

I think the point here is that Lego knows perfectly well if there is an AT-TE on its way to the shelves or not. So the state of 75291 is already fully determined. It's set in stone bricks.

15 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

No, we are NOT getting CC-2224 AKA "CODY" in General Grievous Starfighter. We've been told this by several leakers, so unless someone changes their tune, or Lego decides to produce him at the last minute, consider him nixed from the playing field. I want Cody as much as the next guy, but for now, we know it's Obi-Wan, Grievous, and an orange clone trooper that is NOT Cody, likely a new 212th or Airborne Trooper.

Has anyone besides stonewars 100% reported that it's even a clone?  I mean, I'm not saying they're wrong, but it seemed like the information may have started on here as speculation that it was a clone, which other sources picked up as fact once the leakers on here said "It's not Cody" but never officially said "It's a clone."  I know that the box art is placeholder stuff usually, but there was a guy on here a while back that analyzed the image and thought that the other figure looked like it may have had a purple accessory.

I'm not saying "The leakers are wrong" or whatever, but I'm just wondering if there was ever a factual report that we're getting a clone or if speculation on here turned into a fact in other places.  I'm guilty of speculating for sure at times (sorry mods) but this seems like a time where the speculation could've became a gray area and then the various news outlets parroted each other.  Again, I have no idea, I'm just wondering if the clone thing is actually for sure true.  It just seems odd to only have a single clone, especially if it was a new one.  

Edited by Kit Figsto

13 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Has anyone besides stonewars 100% reported that it's even a clone?  I mean, I'm not saying they're wrong, but it seemed like the information may have started on here as speculation that it was a clone, which other sources picked up as fact once the leakers on here said "It's not Cody" but never officially said "It's a clone."  I know that the box art is placeholder stuff usually, but there was a guy on here a while back that analyzed the image and thought that the other figure looked like it may have had a purple accessory.

I'm not saying "The leakers are wrong" or whatever, but I'm just wondering if there was ever a factual report that we're getting a clone or if speculation on here turned into a fact in other places.  I'm guilty of speculating for sure at times (sorry mods) but this seems like a time where the speculation could've became a gray area and then the various news outlets parroted each other.  Again, I have no idea, I'm just wondering if the clone thing is actually for sure true.  It just seems odd to only have a single clone, especially if it was a new one.  

Yeah when I looked at that image I also saw that purple thing. I personally think the figure looks more like a clone because the purple thing doesn't look like its being held by that figure, the purple thing could just be a magnaguard staff accessory that Grevious is holding and the other figure is just a clone.

39 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

I think the point here is that Lego knows perfectly well if there is an AT-TE on its way to the shelves or not. So the state of 75291 is already fully determined. It's set in stone  bricks

True. It makes no sense though because they know exactly what we want, I just don't understand how their marketing team doesnt listen.

Having said that, the AAT and other clone wars sets this wave sound like they're just from the Season 7 being released.

9 minutes ago, Jedi Master said:

True. It makes no sense though because they know exactly what we want, I just don't understand how their marketing team doesnt listen.

Having said that, the AAT and other clone wars sets this wave sound like they're just from the Season 7 being released.

Their team does listen, we're just not the main audience. Never forget these sets are made for children first and foremost

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Their team does listen, we're just not the main audience. Never forget these sets are made for children first and foremost

It is my personal belief that there is room for pareto improvements: The selection and design of sets can be more to my liking without the children being made worse off :)

Seriously. The complaints I have regarding e. g. the design of the 501st troopers cannot be countered with, "But they are for the children!" Nor do I see that this "argument" counts for any choice regarding selection and design of any set or minifigure.

Edited by Brickadeer

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I work at an affiliated Lego store and you'd be surprised on how many kids ask for clones or clone wars sets. Clones and battle droids are the things I get asked about the most.

1 minute ago, jpipes7261 said:

I work at an affiliated Lego store and you'd be surprised on how many kids ask for clones or clone wars sets. Clones and battle droids are the things I get asked about the most.

Write that down Lego!

27 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

But LEGO can't just do whatever they want, they gotta get through Disney first. If Disney doesn't want them to create a whole wave of Clone Wars sets they can't. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

But LEGO can't just do whatever they want, they gotta get through Disney first. If Disney doesn't want them to create a whole wave of Clone Wars sets they can't. 

Yes I know that, I was just saying that in all my years working here, I have never once had a kid ask, or gotten upset because there wasn't a Lukes Land speeder or stuff that gets recycled constantly. It just always confuses me when we hear the list of new sets and I think to myself, "The marking department must have a weird group of kids they product test with"

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Why are we even discussing this? No one has said anything about it not being a clone, but that it's not Cody. Despite me also wanting a Magna Guard, let's not get ahead of ourselves by disputing known and trusted information. This will devolve into that "what counts as confirmed" discussion several pages ago. Stonewars obviously saw enough to identify a clone, and they later added (alongside Hoth Rebel) that due a translation error, they simply meant a "colored clone" or essentially a non-plain white clone, and not a "Named clone" as in Cody. Only clones that would make sense are 212th members (standard or Airborne).

Questioning the info we currently have gets us nowhere. I know it's hard waiting for the sets to be revealed, but ultimately, we just have to wait and see. And since when does "only one" stop Lego? For years we haven't gotten more than one trooper in a set barring battle droids and battle packs. One clone is perfectly on par for Lego sadly.

7 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'll admit, I bought the Endor Action Battle set for the Scout Trooper and Wicket. And for the Solo sets you referenced, at least the TIE Fighter was worth it.

A TIE Bomber is the most likely OT candidate, and part of me hopes for it.  ESB's 30th Anniversary.

(Lego leakers are the 007s of the AFOL community. They infiltrate Lego's HQ in Denmark and steal their top secret plans. They're chased by sharks, robots, and robot-sharks. It's a dangerous job, with few rewards, but we the community appreciate their work.)

In all seriousness, most leakers either work at Lego stores or know someone who does. :classic:

1.Did the same thing for the action battle set.

2. I agree, though that may be my ESB bias and hope to complete the TIE fleet

3. Bond 26 starring childish landino when? 

3 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

Yeah when I looked at that image I also saw that purple thing. I personally think the figure looks more like a clone because the purple thing doesn't look like its being held by that figure, the purple thing could just be a magnaguard staff accessory that Grevious is holding and the other figure is just a clone.

I think it’s obi was holding a magnaguard staff

I apologize if I hit a nerve with anyone in my prior post, I was just trying to ask a question that I truly did not know the answer to.

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Why are we even discussing this? No one has said anything about it not being a clone, but that it's not Cody. Despite me also wanting a Magna Guard, let's not get ahead of ourselves by disputing known and trusted information. This will devolve into that "what counts as confirmed" discussion several pages ago. Stonewars obviously saw enough to identify a clone, and they later added (alongside Hoth Rebel) that due a translation error, they simply meant a "colored clone" or essentially a non-plain white clone, and not a "Named clone" as in Cody. Only clones that would make sense are 212th members (standard or Airborne).

Questioning the info we currently have gets us nowhere. I know it's hard waiting for the sets to be revealed, but ultimately, we just have to wait and see. And since when does "only one" stop Lego? For years we haven't gotten more than one trooper in a set barring battle droids and battle packs. One clone is perfectly on par for Lego sadly.

At the end of the day, I don't care who it is, I'm not buying the set and it's a toy, not something worth me getting upset over.  I'm more just curious because I legitimately was unsure if leakers have said "it's not Cody" which people assumed to mean "It's a clone" or if it meant "It's not Cody, which has no indication that it's a related character."  I wasn't aware that I was disputing trusted information, because to my knowledge at the moment, I hadn't seen anything other than one web site which I was relatively unfamiliar with.  

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think it’s obi was holding a magnaguard staff

Yeah my bad its Obi Wan who uses it in the scene. In the incredibly blurry picture it looked more like Grevious was holding it, though then I guess it wouldn't be as accurate to the scene.

20 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I apologize if I hit a nerve with anyone in my prior post, I was just trying to ask a question that I truly did not know the answer to.

At the end of the day, I don't care who it is, I'm not buying the set and it's a toy, not something worth me getting upset over.  I'm more just curious because I legitimately was unsure if leakers have said "it's not Cody" which people assumed to mean "It's a clone" or if it meant "It's not Cody, which has no indication that it's a related character."  I wasn't aware that I was disputing trusted information, because to my knowledge at the moment, I hadn't seen anything other than one web site which I was relatively unfamiliar with.  

Sorry if I came off harsh, there's just been a lot of debate and speculation recently, that's all. So to answer your question, it is definitively known that it's not Cody but it is a clone (marked specifically).

Again, apologies for sounding off.

8 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'll admit, I bought the Endor Action Battle set for the Scout Trooper and Wicket. And for the Solo sets you referenced, at least the TIE Fighter was worth it. I personally buy larger sets for figures only if it's (1) a decent selection, (2) an original theme (City, Ninjago), or (3) the build is at least considerable if not preferable. Now, some will probably want Grievous' fighter for the set + figures, to which I say Cody is only a cherry not the sundae :wink:.

You're correct. I didn't follow the DC leaks too closely, but even still, that's at least Nightwing. At we knew Nightwing was coming. Clone Troopers are a different animal. It could be Cody, but I'd hazard a guess that someone saw the unblurred image and it's not him. If Lego decides to move in and whip one up last minute (fingers crossed), then we can all go out for champagne. :laugh: It's certainly not impossible, but at this stage highly unlikely, and I've been predicting Cody for years.

@Guyon2002 basically covered this but to reiterate: it's downright absurd to assume Lego has to make an AT-OT plus a DROPSHIP to make an AT-TE. They aren't going to put 2 CW-era walkers in the same wave. They don't even do it for the AT-AT/AT-ST combo.

A TIE Bomber is the most likely OT candidate, and part of me hopes for it. The other part of me hopes for something Mandalore related, but I digress. The Havoc Marauder would be nice, but we already have a set with a similar purpose in the Night Buzzard. No two shuttles in the same wave. It's most likely a fighter of some kind. I could be wrong, but my guess would be

Reveal hidden contents

Y-Wing Bomber as a counter to the Soulless One. Maybe an ARC-170 or a Z-95 but less likely

Lego doesn't really respect anniversaries anymore (MCU's 10th, TPM's 20th), they barely did Batman's 75th and 80th Anniversaries, and they did commemorate ESB's 30th Anniversary. But, it's not impossible, we do have the helmets (:hmpf_bad:) for what those are worth. And of course the AT-AT. But, we'll see.

Now, the point about the 501st Troopers: If I recall correctly, there was some doubt due to the fact that Ryan from MandRProductions broke the news first. He started the hashtag about the battle pack, so some people were suspicious of his source. Turns out the source was right. :shrug_oh_well:

(Lego leakers are the 007s of the AFOL community. They infiltrate Lego's HQ in Denmark and steal their top secret plans. They're chased by sharks, robots, and robot-sharks. It's a dangerous job, with few rewards, but we the community appreciate their work.)

In all seriousness, most leakers either work at Lego stores or know someone who does. :classic:

Well that's nice, it seems like leaking is "illegal"? Anyways, rumors can be very inaccurate sometimes. Like the V19 in 2018, or Coleman Trebor in the jedi and clone battlepack. Fingers crossed we get a Cody. Because it DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. Why would they price the set at 80 dollars when we can buy a bigger ship the night buzzard for 70? Also if you look at the preliminary image, the middle minifigure which is the unknown one is also at the top right corner of the box being the sort of highlight minifigure of the set. Top 3 choices that rumors are saying are a 212th trooper, a magna guard, or Cody. Obviously to justify the price they would need a minifigure to draw the attention. Look at the overpriced A-Wing vs TIE advanced, there's an exclusive rebels vader and Tarkin. Grievous's speeder is overpriced but has an exclusive Mace Windu. The first order AT-ST has captain phasma. So obviously the set MUST have an exclusive minifigure to justify its rather super overpriced price.

30 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Sorry if I came off harsh, there's just been a lot of debate and speculation recently, that's all. So to answer your question, it is definitively known that it's not Cody but it is a clone (marked specifically).

Again, apologies for sounding off.

Well if the hints are:

- Not Cody

- Specific markings

Then looking from these clues from what leakers say, then it means that leakers are telling us that it's just a normal 212th trooper. Because no one else fits in that scene. Only Cody, 212th trooper, or 212th airborne trooper. But if it's not Cody, then it has to be a normal 212th airborne trooper or a normal 212th trooper. If that is so then this set is blatantly another overpriced set.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Sequel sets aren't bad (tie silencer, star destroyer, AT-M6, kylo ren shuttle), we've just had too much of them. Plus, the sequel trilogy was really fan hated, while the clone wars is loved by almost all fans. The lego group definitely isn't listening to us. Anywhere you go you're gonna hear fans like the clone wars the most. Plus, the clone wars has the best draw of minifigures. They could easily throw in an exclusive minifigure like vaughn or a jedi like shaak ti, etc, and then raise the price by 10 dollars.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I agree, though that may be my ESB bias and hope to complete the TIE fleet

As much as I want a TIE Bomber, I kinda hope 75291 isn't one. $100 for it feels quite steep IMO (though probably what I should realistic expect it to be at).

52 minutes ago, waz said:

Coleman Trebor in the jedi and clone battlepack.

To be fair there's a preliminary image of him in the Battle Pack. It's not like someone made it up. Not sure about the aforementioned V-19 still. 

1 hour ago, waz said:

Fingers crossed we get a Cody. Because it DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. Why would they price the set at 80 dollars when we can buy a bigger ship the night buzzard for 70? Also if you look at the preliminary image, the middle minifigure which is the unknown one is also at the top right corner of the box being the sort of highlight minifigure of the set. Top 3 choices that rumors are saying are a 212th trooper, a magna guard, or Cody. Obviously to justify the price they would need a minifigure to draw the attention. Look at the overpriced A-Wing vs TIE advanced, there's an exclusive rebels vader and Tarkin. Grievous's speeder is overpriced but has an exclusive Mace Windu. The first order AT-ST has captain phasma. So obviously the set MUST have an exclusive minifigure to justify its rather super overpriced price.

Well if the hints are:

- Not Cody

- Specific markings

Then looking from these clues from what leakers say, then it means that leakers are telling us that it's just a normal 212th trooper. Because no one else fits in that scene. Only Cody, 212th trooper, or 212th airborne trooper. But if it's not Cody, then it has to be a normal 212th airborne trooper or a normal 212th trooper. If that is so then this set is blatantly another overpriced set.

:facepalm: I understand why some argue that Cody has to be included, but let's face it: A-Wing vs TIE Advanced was overpriced and no one really cared about Rebels Vader/Tarkin. Tarkin himself might've been nice, maybe the pilot, but Vader is Vader and Sabine's in other sets (albeit different outfit). Grievous Speeder had Grievous and Windu, both figures that are desirable/hard to find. No one bought the FO AT-ST because of how trash it was (no head, are you kidding me?). Undercover Finn and Rose be damned. Which sucks because imo the AT-ST had nice figures.

Long story short: Lego's done idiotic things that make little sense to us. They've done it before, and they'll do it again. Cody will not make or break the set. The set is overpriced. Period. No reason why, it just is. It's surprising that so many of us still try to justify Lego's extortion tactics (I kid, but still). Again, if we do get a Cody, fine. I'll be first in line, but the odds are not good. At all.

And the conclusion you made about the 212th clone has been assumed long before this post. It's really that simple, it's another blatantly overpriced set, with no good reason for it being so. We're getting another Obi-Wan, another Grievous, and another nameless Trooper.

Also, just for discussion's sake, it can't be a Magna Guard since the middle figure is clearly white. Magna Guard's would have at least a little further contrast with the dark grey.

I really can't wait for images to drop so we can get 100% definitive answers...

38 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

As much as I want a TIE Bomber, I kinda hope 75291 isn't one. $100 for it feels quite steep IMO (though probably what I should realistic expect it to be at).

Ideally a TIE Bomber would be in the $70-$80 range, given the last normal TIE was about $70 (Solo).

EDIT: Also, who's paying an extra $20 just for one figure? I understand if it's Bricklink, but not a regular store-bought set. At that rate, there should be a crab droid or something. Add that to the list of sets we need.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

4 minutes ago, MandRproductions said:

Not sure about the aforementioned V-19 still. 

It was never real. Everything about the initial set description screamed "fake", and yet it lived on in the imaginations of this forum for months and months.

8 minutes ago, MandRproductions said:

To be fair there's a preliminary image of him in the Battle Pack. It's not like someone made it up. Not sure about the aforementioned V-19 still. 

I think that v-19 rumor from 2018 was garbage to begin with. That Rebelscum post only seemed to have gotten Snoke's throne room correct, but the details were waaaay off from what we got. I'm guessing it was a coincidence and that they guessed that one right.

1 minute ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Ideally a TIE Bomber would be in the $70-$80 range, given the last normal TIE was about $70 (Solo).

That is a pleasant fantasy, but it's completely, utterly unrealistic, at least at a scale anyone would be happy with.

Just now, jdubbs said:

That is a pleasant fantasy, but it's completely, utterly unrealistic, at least at a scale anyone would be happy with.

Does it need to be huge, though? Maybe $90? I'd say $90 is the most realistic base price, but any fighter/bomber/etc should not cross the $100 line. Our first $100 X-Wing and I'm out.

Not really :grin:

50 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Really? The Solo TIE is already pretty large scaled next to minifigures, I'm looking at the 2008 Vader's TIE and the original TIE Bomber right now and I don't see how a new one in that TIE shape could end up larger than the latest TIE Fighter. The $70-80 price point for ships these days tends to be with a lower piece count much closer to 500. We can debate pricing to be much higher but I don't see how scaling to meet a larger price makes any sense because at a $90-100 range, you're going to be a lot closer to a UCS model. (meaning UCS detailing on a system-scale model, rather than UCS sizing). This is really just splitting hairs over sets that don't actually exist (I'm aware that I'm quickly going off-topic), but it just seems a bit insane to call it "completely, utterly, unrealistic" unless you either know what's coming, or meant it'd come cheaper than that. 

Edited by CasperTheGhost

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

EDIT: Also, who's paying an extra $20 just for one figure? I understand if it's Bricklink, but not a regular store-bought set. At that rate, there should be a crab droid or something. Add that to the list of sets we need.

Realistically a tie Bomber would be around $90 now.

Also, $20 for one figure like Cody is very valid. Rare clones go for more than that on other websites all the time. I sold a phase 1 captain rex for $40, and a phase 2 Wolfpack for $36 the other day. It makes 20 seem like not that much for an exclusive figure

1 hour ago, MandRproductions said:

So what you're saying Is there is a chance for Cody? ;)