MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 minutes ago, Procrastinathan said:

Does anyone know why we got images of Grievous' Starfighter so early, but none of the others for that wave (AAT etc)? Seems rather odd to just get leaks for the one. Has this happened before? 

Pretty sure the Soulless One was in the retailer catalogue, that's rather uncommon for licensed sets nowadays

Is my boy Cody 100% deconfirmed, I know that it’s a non-shiny phase 2 clone, and it was falsely said to be a named clone due to a mistranslation or something, but does that mean that it definitely isn’t him? I just really think it’d make sense and just because we don’t know that it named doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t a named one right? Maybe ?

2 minutes ago, Kenobi-X-Grievous-Shipper said:

Is my boy Cody 100% deconfirmed, I know that it’s a non-shiny phase 2 clone, and it was falsely said to be a named clone due to a mistranslation or something, but does that mean that it definitely isn’t him? I just really think it’d make sense and just because we don’t know that it named doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t a named one right? Maybe ?

No, its not 100% deconfirmed since we have yet to see a hq leak. Reliable leakers have stated it isn't him, but those same leakers were wrong about the 501st battlepack by stating it wasn't a 501st battlepack, so there is still hope. We really won't know until hq leaks though.

I believe Cody’s coming.  It just wouldn’t make sense otherwise.  The minifig selection, setting, timing, heightened price and recent trend of rare figs being thrown in with ships to help sell them (like the 20th anniversary slave 1) makes this too likely in my opinion.

The set probably was realistically worth just over $60 all things considered, but instead of rounding it up to $70 for the normal profit, they created a new mold for Cody’s helmet and used that to justify bumping the price to $80.

All speculation.  But history repeats itself and the trends are there.

Edited by Skyhammer

What are the rules here? I'm new here

43 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

I believe Cody’s coming.  It just wouldn’t make sense otherwise.  The minifig selection, setting, timing, heightened price and recent trend of rare figs being thrown in with ships to help sell them (like the 20th anniversary slave 1) makes this too likely in my opinion.

The set probably was realistically worth just over $60 all things considered, but instead of rounding it up to $70 for the normal profit, they created a new mold for Cody’s helmet and used that to justify bumping the price to $80.

All speculation.  But history repeats itself and the trends are there.

I'll have to agree with you, or else the price doesn't make sense. The Sith TIE was 80 dollars because there was a knight of ren that was exclusive, although I don't like the rise of skywalker. But 80 dollars for no exclusive minifigure does not make any sense.

Does anyone know what the odds are that the new 775 piece set is an AT-TE?

Or more importantly should I ask is there any credible info that is actually clone wars? I hope were not in the dark too much longer on all of this.

1 hour ago, Jedi Master said:

Or more importantly should I ask is there any credible info that is actually clone wars? I hope were not in the dark too much longer on all of this.

We have no clue as to what movie/show it's for. Others were merely speculating that the set would be an at-te because the previous one had a similar piece count (794 pieces). 

1 hour ago, SuperSith said:

We have no clue as to what movie/show it's for. Others were merely speculating that the set would be an at-te because the previous one had a similar piece count (794 pieces). 

Yeah I think that if they were to make a store exclusive set, the bad batch shuttle and the at-te are the highest possibilities

9 hours ago, Skyhammer said:

Using just 1 new mold to justify a 10 to 20 dollar price increase, while utterly ridiculous, does sound like something they'd do with this theme

14 hours ago, waz said:

What are the rules here? I'm new here

If you read the first post on this thread you'll see the specific rules for the Star Wars discussion and rumors threads. A few of the highlights are:
1) Don't post leaked photos or links to them. You can talk about them and reference where you saw them though.
2) Don't share a wishlist or unsubstantiated list as a leak or rumor.
3) Some speculation is warranted. But stay on target with your discussion and don't let it devolve into wishlisting.

Soulless One is $80 because it's $80. No other reason. Lego sat there and said "Grievous Starfighter will sell for $80 USD because we want it to."

No, we are NOT getting CC-2224 AKA "CODY" in General Grievous Starfighter. We've been told this by several leakers, so unless someone changes their tune, or Lego decides to produce him at the last minute, consider him nixed from the playing field. I want Cody as much as the next guy, but for now, we know it's Obi-Wan, Grievous, and an orange clone trooper that is NOT Cody, likely a new 212th or Airborne Trooper.

Maybe we'll get Cody next year, maybe Lego will read this forum and haul bricks to make one, but it's a long shot. Would Cody make the set more desirable? Yes, but barely. Let's face it, who here's buying an $80 set for one minifigure? (Two if you want Grievous). To that end, the set should've had a Magna Guard too, which is long overdue for an update. Unfortunately, neither is the case.

As for the exclusive: No one knows anything about it besides price and piece count. It could be any starfighter, any walker, any location, and from any media. At this time, we just have to wait and see.

On 5/24/2020 at 3:56 AM, Jedi Master said:

The dice has already been rolled, so the odds are either 100 % or 0 % :) Unfortunately, we can't have a look under the dice cup.

1 hour ago, Brickadeer said:

The dice has already been rolled, so the odds are either 100 % or 0 % :) Unfortunately, we can't have a look under the dice cup.

Schrodinger’s AT-TE perhaps.

Surely it’s unlikely for two large walkers to be released at the same time though.

8 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Soulless One is $80 because it's $80. No other reason. Lego sat there and said "Grievous Starfighter will sell for $80 USD because we want it to."

No, we are NOT getting CC-2224 AKA "CODY" in General Grievous Starfighter. We've been told this by several leakers, so unless someone changes their tune, or Lego decides to produce him at the last minute, consider him nixed from the playing field. I want Cody as much as the next guy, but for now, we know it's Obi-Wan, Grievous, and an orange clone trooper that is NOT Cody, likely a new 212th or Airborne Trooper.

Maybe we'll get Cody next year, maybe Lego will read this forum and haul bricks to make one, but it's a long shot. Would Cody make the set more desirable? Yes, but barely. Let's face it, who here's buying an $80 set for one minifigure? (Two if you want Grievous). To that end, the set should've had a Magna Guard too, which is long overdue for an update. Unfortunately, neither is the case.

As for the exclusive: No one knows anything about it besides price and piece count. It could be any starfighter, any walker, any location, and from any media. At this time, we just have to wait and see.

I don't want to let all the hope be gone, but sadly this is probably the case and we do not get Cody. However, I have to counter-argue that especially among the afols there are quite a few of us, who buy large sets only or mostly for the minifigures.. ;D Consider e.g. the Solo sets with Mimban stormtrooper and the range troopers, for example. (It is not that expensive either if you sell most of the parts on Bricklink afterwards).

- Samppu

9 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

You're probably right but (I don't mean this as an insult) leakers are fallible, I mean placeholder minifigs exist, leakers told us we'd get a a red Nightwing in the mobile bat base set, luckily they were wrong and it comes with a blue Nightwing, perhaps the red Nightwing was a placeholder for the blue one. So I'm not going to give up hope, after all rebellions are built on hope. I won't get my hopes up, but I'm not gonna put them down either.

10 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Yessir. 

3 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Surely it’s unlikely for two large walkers to be released at the same time though.

Yeah, I think we unfortunately aren’t getting an AT-TE. My hope is just that maul and Ahsoka are in either the AAT or something January 2021.

22 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

If you read the first post on this thread you'll see the specific rules for the Star Wars discussion and rumors threads. A few of the highlights are:
1) Don't post leaked photos or links to them. You can talk about them and reference where you saw them though.
3) Some speculation is warranted. But stay on target with your discussion and don't let it devolve into wishlisting.

Okay thank you, but we can talk about rumors still right? Like the recent rumor about 75290 being the next UCS set?

3 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

I think it's unlikely that they would release an AT-TE without an AT-OT and dropship alongside it, or else it would be a waste of playability. The AT-TE and AT-OT and dropship should be from the same wave because that way the dropship can lift both the AT-TE and the AT-OT which would also encourage customers to buy both sets. The 2009 dropship could lift the 2010 turbo tank, 2008 AT-TE, and the AT-OT from 2009. But it just seems more likely to release an AT-TE also with an AT-OT and dropship set in the same wave. My educated guess would be a bad batch shuttle.

I predict it won't be a tie bomber for 40 years of empire strikes back because we already have the AT-AT for 40 years of empire strikes back. If you look at other years like 2012, none of the sets were related to 10 years of attack of the clones. :pir-bawling:... there was basically nothing for 20 years of the phantom menace either, except for the pod racer, which didn't even say 20 years of the phantom menace. And none of the 20 years minifigures were related to the phantom menace. :pir-bawling:... So my guess is that it's most likely a bad batch shuttle.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

You're probably right but (I don't mean this as an insult) leakers are fallible, I mean placeholder minifigs exist, leakers told us we'd get a a red Nightwing in the mobile bat base set, luckily they were wrong and it comes with a blue Nightwing, perhaps the red Nightwing was a placeholder for the blue one. So I'm not going to give up hope, after all rebellions are built on hope. I won't get my hopes up, but I'm not gonna put them down either.

True. Some leakers said there would not be 501st troopers in the AT-RT and speeder set, while others said that there would be 501st troopers. In the end there were 501st troopers.

(Also, does anyone know how lego leakers actually work and how they actually "get" their information?!)

22 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I read the rules sir, thank you!

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, I think we unfortunately aren’t getting an AT-TE. My hope is just that maul and Ahsoka are in either the AAT or something January 2021.

I heard falcon fan did talk about an ahsoka vs maul duel set coming in 2021

(I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post 2021 rumors here, but this is reliable as it comes from falcon fan. Discussion page 176.)

25 minutes ago, waz said:

I think it's unlikely that they would release an AT-TE without an AT-OT and dropship alongside it, or else it would be a waste of playability. The AT-TE and AT-OT and dropship should be from the same wave because that way the dropship can lift both the AT-TE and the AT-OT which would also encourage customers to buy both sets. The 2009 dropship could lift the 2010 turbo tank, 2008 AT-TE, and the AT-OT from 2009. But it just seems more likely to release an AT-TE also with an AT-OT and dropship set in the same wave. My educated guess would be a bad batch shuttle.

That doesn't really make sense. In it's 20+ years LEGO Star Wars has given us 4 (minifigure scale) AT-TE's and only 1 AT-OT and Dropship and they weren't even released in the same year. Just thinking it would logically make sense isn't really enough for this theme, it would make sense to give us the main villain of a movie too but figures like Reborn Palps and Dryden Vos are still nowhere to be seen. 

8 minutes ago, waz said:

I heard falcon fan did talk about an ahsoka vs maul duel set coming in 2021

(I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post 2021 rumors here, but this is reliable as it comes from falcon fan. Discussion page 176.)

I said it back when it was first mentioned and I'll say it again: not everything Falconfan posts on his story has to be a hint or leak. Sure it could be a hint at a future set but that duel was really relevant for SW fans at the time so it wouldn't surprise me if he just posted it because it's a cool shot. 

Edited by Guyon2002

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I said it back when it was first mentioned and I'll say it again: not everything Falconfan posts on his story has to be a hint or leak. Sure it could be a hint at a future set but that duel was really relevant for SW fans at the time so it wouldn't surprise me if he just posted it because it's a cool shot. 

Just hope it's the duel set in 2021 :wink:

3 hours ago, Samppu said:

I don't want to let all the hope be gone, but sadly this is probably the case and we do not get Cody. However, I have to counter-argue that especially among the afols there are quite a few of us, who buy large sets only or mostly for the minifigures.. ;D Consider e.g. the Solo sets with Mimban stormtrooper and the range troopers, for example. (It is not that expensive either if you sell most of the parts on Bricklink afterwards).

- Samppu

I'll admit, I bought the Endor Action Battle set for the Scout Trooper and Wicket. And for the Solo sets you referenced, at least the TIE Fighter was worth it. I personally buy larger sets for figures only if it's (1) a decent selection, (2) an original theme (City, Ninjago), or (3) the build is at least considerable if not preferable. Now, some will probably want Grievous' fighter for the set + figures, to which I say Cody is only a cherry not the sundae :wink:.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

You're correct. I didn't follow the DC leaks too closely, but even still, that's at least Nightwing. At we knew Nightwing was coming. Clone Troopers are a different animal. It could be Cody, but I'd hazard a guess that someone saw the unblurred image and it's not him. If Lego decides to move in and whip one up last minute (fingers crossed), then we can all go out for champagne. :laugh: It's certainly not impossible, but at this stage highly unlikely, and I've been predicting Cody for years.

51 minutes ago, waz said:

I predict it won't be a tie bomber for 40 years of empire strikes back because we already have the AT-AT for 40 years of empire strikes back. If you look at other years like 2012, none of the sets were related to 10 years of attack of the clones. :pir-bawling:... there was basically nothing for 20 years of the phantom menace either, except for the pod racer, which didn't even say 20 years of the phantom menace. And none of the 20 years minifigures were related to the phantom menace. :pir-bawling:... So my guess is that it's most likely a bad batch shuttle.

True. Some leakers said there would not be 501st troopers in the AT-RT and speeder set, while others said that there would be 501st troopers. In the end there were 501st troopers.

(Also, does anyone know how lego leakers actually work and how they actually "get" their information?!)

@Guyon2002 basically covered this but to reiterate: it's downright absurd to assume Lego has to make an AT-OT plus a DROPSHIP to make an AT-TE. They aren't going to put 2 CW-era walkers in the same wave. They don't even do it for the AT-AT/AT-ST combo.

A TIE Bomber is the most likely OT candidate, and part of me hopes for it. The other part of me hopes for something Mandalore related, but I digress. The Havoc Marauder would be nice, but we already have a set with a similar purpose in the Night Buzzard. No two shuttles in the same wave. It's most likely a fighter of some kind. I could be wrong, but my guess would be

Spoiler

Y-Wing Bomber as a counter to the Soulless One. Maybe an ARC-170 or a Z-95 but less likely

Lego doesn't really respect anniversaries anymore (MCU's 10th, TPM's 20th), they barely did Batman's 75th and 80th Anniversaries, and they did commemorate ESB's 30th Anniversary. But, it's not impossible, we do have the helmets (:hmpf_bad:) for what those are worth. And of course the AT-AT. But, we'll see.

Now, the point about the 501st Troopers: If I recall correctly, there was some doubt due to the fact that Ryan from MandRProductions broke the news first. He started the hashtag about the battle pack, so some people were suspicious of his source. Turns out the source was right. :shrug_oh_well:

(Lego leakers are the 007s of the AFOL community. They infiltrate Lego's HQ in Denmark and steal their top secret plans. They're chased by sharks, robots, and robot-sharks. It's a dangerous job, with few rewards, but we the community appreciate their work.)

In all seriousness, most leakers either work at Lego stores or know someone who does. :classic:

At this point I'm going to assume the supposed Ahsoka vs. Maul set isn't coming. It's been too long since the image has been posted with nothing suggesting it will actually be a set.

1 hour ago, waz said:

Okay thank you, but we can talk about rumors still right? Like the recent rumor about 75290 being the next UCS set?

You can talk about rumors, as long as they have some substantiation to them. This is a very gray area with lots of room for interpretation. If you guys get off track I'll be sure to remind you to stay on target.  Please also be careful to read previous pages. There's no point having 5 pages of the same opinion re-posted by 20 different members all because they didn't want to read what others have written.

1 hour ago, waz said:

This is a good example of not staying on target. We have no substantiated rumor confirming the AT-TE, just wild guesses. To take that wild guess/wishlist item and add to it your strong opinion that it will include a dropship is moving off target.

5 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

I got a good laugh at Schrodinger's AT TE. Unfortunately many probably wont understand that. Well done. Good analogy.