MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I remember something about the figures being the last two knights, the ship’s pilot and Rey but I can’t remember if it was confirmed or if it was just wild speculation

There was some speculation it would only have the last 2 knights and rey, but that was never confirmed by anyone as far as I remember. 

7 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The original AAT, back in 2000, had the torpedo launchers printed onto the curved pieces rather than using a sticker (like 2009) or omitting them completely (like 2015). If they went back to using large printed pieces, that might justify the price hike.

I would hope so. They've got to do something to justify a $15 increase with only a few more parts.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There was some speculation it would only have the last 2 knights and rey, but that was never confirmed by anyone as far as I remember. 

People that were at Toy Fair confirmed that, but looking at Ninjago sets (how different the minfigure selection seen at Toy Fair and then on official pictures were) it could still change. 

7 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I remember something about the figures being the last two knights, the ship’s pilot and Rey but I can’t remember if it was confirmed or if it was just wild speculation

One of the two missing knights, Kuruk, IS the ship‘s pilot :wink: The figure selection has been confirmed by the leakers

The Night Buzzard is honestly one of the sets I'm looking forward to the most. I really like the design, I like the Knights of Ren and it's something completely new. It'll be nice to complete the group with the remaining 2 Knights. The random Rey thrown in I found to be annoying especially when we could've gotten Albrekh however since the cover of LEGO Star Wars the Skywalker Saga was released, I've been thinking what if the Rey figure in this set includes her yellow lightsaber? That would certainly improve the set's desirability and could perhaps explain why Rey was randomly thrown in. 

5 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The Night Buzzard is honestly one of the sets I'm looking forward to the most. I really like the design, I like the Knights of Ren and it's something completely new. It'll be nice to complete the group with the remaining 2 Knights. The random Rey thrown in I found to be annoying especially when we could've gotten Albrekh however since the cover of LEGO Star Wars the Skywalker Saga was released, I've been thinking what if the Rey figure in this set includes her yellow lightsaber? That would certainly improve the set's desirability and could perhaps explain why Rey was randomly thrown in. 

Rey's yellow lightsaber could also be in the Advent Calendar, assuming they'll put Ep9 Rey in there

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Rey's yellow lightsaber could also be in the Advent Calendar, assuming they'll put Ep9 Rey in there

I think Ep9 Rey is pretty likely for the AC. My guess is she’ll have a blue saber though. Here’s hoping for yellow

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think Ep9 Rey is pretty likely for the AC. My guess is she’ll have a blue saber though. Here’s hoping for yellow

I hope so, if that variant of Rey and the Y-Wing variant of Poe are included in the AC I would love that. Only 2 Ep9 figures I really want but I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in the sets they're currently in 

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People that were at Toy Fair confirmed that, but looking at Ninjago sets (how different the minfigure selection seen at Toy Fair and then on official pictures were) it could still change. 

Ah. So it could be true, but might not. Hoping for the space chimp, but that's a long shot.

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

You can get a yellow lightsaber blade for just a few cents on bricklink, if you really want yellow saber rey. 

Although it has been awhile since we got the yellow saber, so I guess it would increase desireability.

8 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Rey is only in one TROS set for the moment, compared to 3 for Poe, and 2 each for Kylo, Finn, and Zori. If anything one reason for the Night Buzzard set is to include another Rey if she’s meant to be the main character of the trilogy. I’m somewhat hoping for a red sabre though.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You can get a yellow lightsaber blade for just a few cents on bricklink, if you really want yellow saber rey. 

Although it has been awhile since we got the yellow saber, so I guess it would increase desireability.

When was a yellow light saber released?  Wouldn’t this be a first?

53 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

The yellow light saber blade was used in a few sets, but not for SW. That's probably what they are referring to.

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

Rey is only in one TROS set for the moment, compared to 3 for Poe, and 2 each for Kylo, Finn, and Zori. If anything one reason for the Night Buzzard set is to include another Rey if she’s meant to be the main character of the trilogy. I’m somewhat hoping for a red sabre though.

Poe is in just two TROS sets: Y-Wing and X-Wing. 

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ah. So it could be true, but might not. Hoping for the space chimp, but that's a long shot.

I'm aware and I plan to give her one regardless, it'd just be nice to have it in an official set, especially for kids and casual fans who don't know about bricklink.

2 hours ago, Skyhammer said:

It's in a DC set from a few years back. I only found them when I was looking at all the saber colors to make a custom Cal Kestis.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I'm aware and I plan to give her one regardless, it'd just be nice to have it in an official set, especially for kids and casual fans who don't know about bricklink.

Good point.

They've really captured BB-8 well here, I do wish that the first order stormtrooper had a little more detail and less studs showing, could be a promising theme as long as they're cheap.

They'll probably be $10. I didn't really like them at first but I actually think they're very well designed and have a lot of potential

Those actually don't look that bad at all and they seem pretty collectible if its at that price. I wonder how more complex faces like Maul's would be done on a small grid like that. Now I wanna see some prequel and original trilogy brick sketches!

Brickset reviewed the Joker set and stated they'll probably be $20. If that's the real price it's a skip for me, that's just too much

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

New theme: 

P1038645.JPG

These look surprisingly good. I'll probably get the Stormtrooper. Hopefully we get some more based on the PT and OT.

Edited by Gjm-greeny

It's amazing to see an AFOL-turned-designer's MOCs become their own theme :classic: And it's funny how there wasn't even a single rumour about it prior to its unveiling, quite a rare thing to happen these days. Being an exclusive theme surely did help, but still :tongue:

3 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

Those actually don't look that bad at all and they seem pretty collectible if its at that price. I wonder how more complex faces like Maul's would be done on a small grid like that. Now I wanna see some prequel and original trilogy brick sketches!

These look pretty cool, though I prefer the helmets, these are certainly cheaper. Yeah, a maul and ahsoka pairing or r2 and vader or something could be cool.

It's just a matter of time before they do ones for Mandalorian and Baby Yoda :laugh_hard:

But for real they look really nice, BB-8 is my second favourite after the Joker and Stormtrooper is good but definitely my least favourite out of those. If they continue I hope for Kylo Ren or Grievous, those would be really cool to see.

I really hope they are $10, $15 at max. For $20 I could buy (for example) Room of Requirement or Wu's Dragon, which are much more worth the price. 

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope they are $10, $15 at max. For $20 I could buy (for example) Room of Requirement or Wu's Dragon, which are much more worth the price. 

That's what I'm hoping for as well, they're really good but no way am I paying $20 for that. There are no exclusive printed pieces, no figures and most pieces are small so LEGO would be really stupid to charge us $20 for this, might as well just build it from your own collection if that were the case :def_shrug: