MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

25 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

This, Death Star II or Imperial shuttle remakes I predict.

@UberCorp’s Sail barge is a good shout, Tie Interceptor is too small for that second UCS slot going off of past years I think.

Good predictions. It'll probably be something minifigure scale-ish since we typically get one that is and one that isn't (i.e. Tantive IV and ISB). Maybe we could get the Death Star II with a little throne room inside.

5 minutes ago, clonewarsfan1 said:

Dear MKJoshA,

I'm not sure what you meant. Set 75290 is going to be the second UCS set this isn't a false rumor, it was said by stonewars.de, which is also a very trusted source.

Except this number is not listed on their website, nor anywhere else. 

You're wasting everyone's time. 

Edit: https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/

Their search engine is trash, sorry. 

Edited by RetroInferno

6 minutes ago, clonewarsfan1 said:

I think it could be the UCS gunship?

The winner announcement mentioned they'd have more info next year.

"Thank you all once again for voting. We will be revealing more information next year onwards, so stick around! "

Edited by UberCorp

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Except this number is not listed on their website, nor anywhere else. 

You're wasting everyone's time. 

Edit: https://www.stonewars.de/lego-2020/

Their search engine is trash, sorry. 

I still trust Landino's info over theirs.  No disrespect to stonewars, but he's been first on more leaks than them so far this year and his info so far has been entirely reliable.  I think it's very easy to make a conjecture that it'll be a UCS set just based on history, but given that we have conflicting info right now about whether it's officially a UCS or just a DTC (which might be something more like the Tantive I guess?) I think we'll just have to wait and see.

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I appreciate your care and concern, I really do. Just please be careful not to mini-mod :yoda:

Yup, sorry about that. 

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I assume you’re referring to the Grievous ship. That new Grievous figure and the ship better be good!  

Also ladies and gents, I don’t know about you, but I’m dying to see these new sets particularly with everything going on. Surely the Interceptor, AAT, Night Buzzard, Greivous ship, unknown exclusive are being leaked/announced sometime within the next week or two? @Childish_Landino 

I've given up on that grievous set.

Yeah, there's not much else going on to look forwards too anyway. I think besides High Republic, which is currently irrelevant to this thread as it's just books/comics so far, the only thing that is coming out anytime soon is Mando S2.

6 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I still trust Landino's info over theirs.  No disrespect to stonewars, but he's been first on more leaks than them so far this year and his info so far has been entirely reliable.  I think it's very easy to make a conjecture that it'll be a UCS set just based on history, but given that we have conflicting info right now about whether it's officially a UCS or just a DTC (which might be something more like the Tantive I guess?) I think we'll just have to wait and see.

The UCS label has pretty much lost all meaning for me. They created the MBS label to differentiate between the more high-end accurate ship models and the giant playsets, but then scrapped it. And then the Tantive IV isn't UCS. 

Personally I think at this point UCS should just be for the 18+ sets. IMO the busts could have been UCS.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Do we know the pricepoint of the 2HY D2C?

Not yet.

They usually cost more than 1HY D2C tho.

Yeah they usually do but LEGO could surprise us. This D2C could be anything, UCS set, massive playset, could even follow in the footsteps of the Tantive and be a capital ship playset. So many possibilities.

Edited by Brikkyy13

I’m hoping for a large play set similar to Ewok Village, Assault on Hoth, Cloud City, etc. Hoping for the Petranaki Arena of course but Lego just doesn’t seem to want to do it.

13 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m hoping for a large play set similar to Ewok Village, Assault on Hoth, Cloud City, etc. Hoping for the Petranaki Arena of course but Lego just doesn’t seem to want to do it.

^ This ?

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I could see Pentaki, but not for a few years. I think if the gunship sells well, large prequel sets are more likely.

You might be on to something though, a new large playset would make sense especially with the death star retiring. I'm hoping it's not just another DS1 remake, but something like a big endor bunker with an AT-ST and ewok stuff could be cool.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You might be on to something though, a new large playset would make sense especially with the death star retiring. I'm hoping it's not just another DS1 remake, but something like a big endor bunker with an AT-ST and ewok stuff could be cool.

Since lego loves the OT so much when it comes to UCS sets I think the Great Temple on Yavin IV would make sense as a large playset.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Since lego loves the OT so much when it comes to UCS sets I think the Great Temple on Yavin IV would make sense as a large playset.

Even better. That would sell pretty well IMO. It could have a hanger with x and y wings in the scale of slave one from bespin, as well as all the rooms from the movies. Surely the throne room is more iconic than "random bespin hallway where c-3po is shot"

Ironically, both that and Pentaki had prototypes created at some point.

But opposed to Hoth, Bespin and Endor, Yavin saw no direct Rebs vs. Imps action in the movies. It all happened in space around the DS. A new DS with upgraded techniques and new pieces is still what i'd put my money on.

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

But opposed to Hoth, Bespin and Endor, Yavin saw no direct Rebs vs. Imps action in the movies. It all happened in space around the DS. A new DS with upgraded techniques and new pieces is still what i'd put my money on.

Unfortunately, I agree.  I think prequels are probably off the table for a UCS/D2C model until after the gunship, if it sells well (a big if in my opinion, since I think people are expecting minifig scale and it probably won't be), so if it was a playset, it'd be probably be OT based.

We saw what a Hoth UCS playset was, Cloud City just came out, and the only other major locations from the OT are the Death Star(s), Tatooine, Endor, and Yavin.  It's only been seven years since the Ewok Village came out, so I don't see that getting a remake yet, and a set based more on the actual Battle of Endor would be too similar to the Hoth one, which, well, we saw what the response to that one was.  Yavin would be cool but has the problem that you mentioned, and Tatooine would just be too large for a UCS unless somehow we got either the Cantina or Jabba's Palace/Sail Barge (and the Palace probably is never happening again sadly).

My heart wants to say Jabba's Sail Barge or the Cantina, my gut tells me it'll be another DS.

40 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

and a set based more on the actual Battle of Endor would be too similar to the Hoth one

The thing that the Battle for Endor has over Hoth is there is one key building that they could focus on, the bunker. A beefed up 8038 would make a much better display piece than the Hoth since its not spread out over a bunch of unconnected terrain parts.

2 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

The Deathstar is still in lego store, no way they just retire it and relaunch a new model in a few months, there is no money in that, doesn't make in sense. Cloud city was just retired, so its way too soon and since Hoth didn't sell too well, it most likely out of the picture, although not completely out of the quesiton. I would wishfor Yavin as well, but unfortunately like you guys discussed, no action = not to likely (although Home One didn't have any action either, and that set was made). Next playset for OT, I put my money on either Endor bunker, Mos Eisley or something Jabba de Hutt related. TLG knows the second hand value of especially the latest Jabba sets are pretty high and I still wonder why they haven't exploited that yet. Maybe they wait for the 40th anniversary of ROTJ as well here.

Crossing my fingers for a large playset-style set as well! I'd probably kill over if Lego ever released the Jedi Temple or Geonosis Arena. *huh*

Edited by The_Chosen_1

4 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Hoth only had 2 Snowtroopers, surely they can throw some Stormies in a Yavin IV set and say it's ''slighty based on Battlefront II''

5 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I agree, unfortunately this is the most likely outcome. 

42 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hoth only had 2 Snowtroopers, surely they can throw some Stormies in a Yavin IV set and say it's ''slighty based on Battlefront II''

except this time, given battlefront 2's OT supremacy balancing (or lack thereof), the 2 stormies would have a fighting chance :laugh:. 2 stormtroopers, a TIE pilot and a midi-scale tie, and it "recreates the action of RO, ANH, AND battlefront 2". You could even give the pilot Iden's face, since canonically she's the only regular TIE pilot to survive.

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

TLG knows the second hand value of especially the latest Jabba sets are pretty high and I still wonder why they haven't exploited that yet. Maybe they wait for the 40th anniversary of ROTJ as well here.

Given the strange controversies over some people who probably wouldn't buy the set anyway deciding that A: slave leia bad and B: something about jabba's palace being derogatory, I forget what exactly, lego may unfortunately have shelved jabba sets for awhile.

2 hours ago, UberCorp said:

The thing that the Battle for Endor has over Hoth is there is one key building that they could focus on, the bunker. A beefed up 8038 would make a much better display piece than the Hoth since its not spread out over a bunch of unconnected terrain parts.

Yes, this would be amazing! You could do the whole main endor crew, some ewoks, Rex, another commando or two, and then all the different imperial soldiers there. Add in another AT-ST, speeders, maybe some trees, and you've got a pretty solid MBS.

35 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Given the strange controversies over some people who probably wouldn't buy the set anyway deciding that A: slave leia bad and B: something about jabba's palace being derogatory, I forget what exactly, lego may unfortunately have shelved jabba sets for awhile.

Well, they did manage to solve the Leia problem with the 2013 Jabba's Palace by giving us Boushh instead, but there were other issues that I didn't fully understand either.  I think something with the design of Jabba or the Palace itself, which seem like gripes that should be had with Lucasfilm, not LEGO.  The Leia thing, look, I can understand that.  It's a pretty derogatory connotation going with the slave thing and that's probably not an ideology that toymakers want to be associated with, even if they're clearly not supporting it, but I don't see how Jabba's Palace resembling real-world buildings is offensive.  

Unfortunately, I agree that another palace set seems unlikely, which really stinks because the secondary market price for the original is pretty high.

Does anyone think that if other clones such as Rex or Cody are included in the wave at the end of this year, that they'll use the style seen on the new 501st troopers instead of the episode 3 style?

50 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

lego may unfortunately have shelved jabba sets for awhile.

I feel like the Jabba’s palace “controversy” wasn’t actually big enough to impact Lego’s decision making. I hadn’t even heard of it being a thing until super recently when people here referenced it after the fact.

Slave Leia, ya that’s something but I could still see them eventually bringing back the fig under the new Huttslayer branding. Especially in a large set aimed at adult collectors, not children.

26 minutes ago, TeeNuggetTa said:

Does anyone think that if other clones such as Rex or Cody are included in the wave at the end of this year, that they'll use the style seen on the new 501st troopers instead of the episode 3 style?

If the AAT is based on TCW and includes a clone, he'll probably be the same style as the 501st troopers.

Grievous' starfighter seems to be based on episode 3 though, in that case I hope they'll continue to use the 2014-2019 style or at least keep it similar. In my opinion giving clones in TCW sets a separate style of prints is stupid enough - the type of armor is supposed to be the same as in the movies, it's just that everything looks a bit distorted in the animated show. Making the AotC/RotS minifigures less accurate than before by giving them the TCW prints too would be even more stupid.

Is it in the realm of possibility that set 75291 could be an at-te walker? We received one in 2013 so it is a good time to release another. The price tag on the  2013 one was 89.99 adjusted to inflation as 99.71 which is not far of from 79291. Also here are the piece counts: 2013: 794 2020: 775.