MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

If the social media managers already have images ready to go would that bode well for the rest of the augest sets being revealed alongside the AT-AT?

Maybe, but the AT-AT doesn't really relate to the other sets in the wave, and as the flagship set (and an ESB 40th anniversary tie-in) it could easily stand alone as its own announcement. There is also still a long time between now and August during which the other sets could be revealed. But, who knows.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I just did a few google searches and it appears that the rate changed from a dollar being worth .73ish euros to .93, but that would make them closer in price, right? It could also be part of the reason for prices increasing in sweden.

However the exchange rates work out, I still feel the AT-AT is overpriced compared to other SW sets around the same cost. 

Lego doesn't really use exchange rates. A $100 set in the US for example should cost 92,79 euro here but they sell it for 110-120 euro

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Lego doesn't really use exchange rates. A $100 set in the US for example should cost 92,79 euro here but they sell it for 110-120 euro

Your EU prices include VAT, which can be as much as 20% of the listed price. US prices do not include sale tax, so a $100 US set typically costs consumers closer to $110. It's still not entirely equitable, but it's not as bad as it often seems to people in the EU. (And some themes are priced lower in the EU than the US, like many of the creator expert sets).

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I doubt that. I can't remember the last time we didn't have the fall UCS set.

But yeah, my maul/ahsoka brickheadz comment was meant as if it was instead of a set with their figures, as you suspected. I wouldn't hate the brickheadz set if a set with them as figures came alongside it, especially since it'd be cool to see Ahsoka's head-tails (is that just for twilecks? If so, what are those things togrutas have on their head called?) made on a brickheadz figure.

The head-tails on both togrutas and twi'leks are called lekku. I really hope we don't get BrickHeadz of Ahsoka and Maul without at least getting an Ahsoka minifig, it's been so long since we've seen her... Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me, it wouldn't be the first time we got BrickHeadz either way before a minifig (Jack and Sally, Frozone), or long after that character had left shelves (Simpsons/Back to the Future).

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I doubt that. I can't remember the last time we didn't have the fall UCS set.

But yeah, my maul/ahsoka brickheadz comment was meant as if it was instead of a set with their figures, as you suspected. I wouldn't hate the brickheadz set if a set with them as figures came alongside it, especially since it'd be cool to see Ahsoka's head-tails (is that just for twilecks? If so, what are those things togrutas have on their head called?) made on a brickheadz figure.

8 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

The head-tails on both togrutas and twi'leks are called lekku. I really hope we don't get BrickHeadz of Ahsoka and Maul without at least getting an Ahsoka minifig, it's been so long since we've seen her... Unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me, it wouldn't be the first time we got BrickHeadz either way before a minifig (Jack and Sally, Frozone), or long after that character had left shelves (Simpsons/Back to the Future).

Yes, seeing her lekku and montrals (the horns) would be really interesting in Brickheadz. I have seen a couple fan attempts, but they were only ok-ish.

And yes, in case I wasn't clear enough, I would prefer a minifig if it's either or. But I'd love both, since she might be my favorite Jedi at this point.

Smyth's in the UK also have the AT-AT listed for £140 as a pre-order. No exact date other than "between 1st and 7th August"

Evening everyone, it's genuinely been 2 years since I logged in on here, its some miracle I actually remembered my username and password, though surprisingly I do recognise a lot of familiar names here. I'm a little out of the loop, and I don't hugely fancy reading (or having the time to read) 179 pages haha. From what I gather from a very brisk skim read of the last 10 pages, our Summer wave currently consists of the AT-AT and the 501st pack at the moment (confirmed), right? 

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

Evening everyone, it's genuinely been 2 years since I logged in on here, its some miracle I actually remembered my username and password, though surprisingly I do recognise a lot of familiar names here. I'm a little out of the loop, and I don't hugely fancy reading (or having the time to read) 179 pages haha. From what I gather from a very brisk skim read of the last 10 pages, our Summer wave currently consists of the AT-AT and the 501st pack at the moment (confirmed), right? 

Yes, those are the two officially confirmed by Lego so far, and I believe the Razorcrest and Mandalorian/Child BrickHeadz are also part of the summer wave. There's also Anakin's starfighter (unknown model) and a Separatist AAT, along with two potential mystery sets.

1 minute ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Hi, welcome back! Here's a full list of everything we know is coming out this year.

Confirmed:

AT-AT, Razor Crest, Mandalorian Brickheadz and 501st pack

Rumored: 

- Advent Calendar - $40 - 311 pcs - Ugly sweater Vader, Snowman GONK, Poe, Rey, Luke, Sith Trooper, Stormtrooper, B1 battledroid, Porg, D-0

- Anakin's Jedi Interceptor - $30 - 248 pcs - minifigures unknown (most likely Anakin and R2)

- AAT - $40 - 286 pcs - minifigures unknown

- Night Buzzard - $70 - 595 pcs - Rey, Cardo, Kuruk

- Soulless One - $80 - 487 pcs - Obi-Wan, Grievous and an unkown figure (most likely a generic 212th trooper)

Edited by Guyon2002

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Your EU prices include VAT, which can be as much as 20% of the listed price. US prices do not include sale tax, so a $100 US set typically costs consumers closer to $110. It's still not entirely equitable, but it's not as bad as it often seems to people in the EU. (And some themes are priced lower in the EU than the US, like many of the creator expert sets).

Yes, VAT in the EU varies mostly from 17% to 27% with many countries at 21% or around it, that's one of the reasons the same set is priced so differently in EU countries.

But VAT prices doesn't explain all the differences. For instance, in Germany VAT is 19% and in Spain is 21% but many sets in the range of 50-100€ are priced consistently 5-10€ more. Never understood the logic behind... a mystery box :sceptic:.

OTOH, we get interesting discounts at specific times in the range of 20-40% in big mall chains though.

Edited by dvogon

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Hi, welcome back! Here's a full list of everything we know is coming out this year.

Confirmed:

AT-AT, Razor Crest, Mandalorian Brickheadz and 501st pack

Rumored: 

- Advent Calendar - $40 - 311 pcs - Ugly sweater Vader, Snowman GONK, Poe, Rey, Luke, Sith Trooper, Stormtrooper, B1 battledroid, Porg, D-0

- Anakin's Jedi Interceptor - $30 - 248 pcs - minifigures unknown (most likely Anakin and R2)

- AAT - $40 - 286 pcs - minifigures unknown

- Night Buzzard - $70 - 595 pcs - Rey, Cardo, Kuruk

- Soulless One - $80 - 487 pcs - Obi-Wan, Grievous and an unkown figure (most likely a generic 212th trooper)

Massive dub, and thanks :). One would assume Anakin's Starfighter will probably be a new variant of his Eta-2 from 2014, it's been a while since that one. Its been a while since our last AAT too, again, I believe 2014 or 15, so its neat we could see another. Hopefully it'll be a Seppie version as BigGuy4U states. Am I right in saying the Buzzard is the Knights of Ren's ship? If so that's awesome, if I buy that it'll look pog next to my TIE Silencer. Soulless One is even more intriguing, I don't even think we had one last decade, let alone recently. $80 for less than 500pcs is extortionate though, they can get in the bin with that one. The previously mentioned 2 mystery sets, well, are intriguing. Hopefully it'll be something more to do with ESB considering it's its 40yr anniversary, though we did have Cloud City not too long ago and a Battle of Hoth set already, as well as the AT-AT already announced, so that might be our lot. I'd really like to see an Exegol set almost solely for the fact we could get a Reborn Palpatine figure, but there's little room for possibility for that one. I think there's more of a genuinely possibility of a Mandalore set to release to coincide with the 501st set, they'd compliment each other well and certainly sell well.

37 minutes ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Massive dub, and thanks :). One would assume Anakin's Starfighter will probably be a new variant of his Eta-2 from 2014, it's been a while since that one. Its been a while since our last AAT too, again, I believe 2014 or 15, so its neat we could see another. Hopefully it'll be a Seppie version as BigGuy4U states. Am I right in saying the Buzzard is the Knights of Ren's ship? If so that's awesome, if I buy that it'll look pog next to my TIE Silencer. 

Anakin's Interceptor is confirmed to be the yellow RotS version, the AAT is blue and the Night Buzzard is indeed the KoR's ship

Just to add, we've also had two credible rumors for additional sets, of which we have very little information.

One is supposed to be a retailer exclusive with approximately 700 pieces, supposedly priced between $90-100.  Beyond that we've had no info.

A reliable leaker also just the other day came out and said he believes there could be one additional set coming, but he's unsure on details beyond that.  He did mention that he would guess it could be priced between $50-90 if it were to be released, but gave no other information and emphasized that's a guess, not fact. 

So essentially, we've got a mostly confirmed wave of six sets this August (two of which have been fully revealed, the others being Grievous' fighter, Night Buzzard, Anakin's Starfighter, and the AAT), plus the Mandalorian + Child brickhead, and then the Razor Crest which has been confirmed for September 1st.  We may or may not see an additional two sets, from what I understand, though it seems like one of these is much more "confirmed" than the other.

Edited by Kit Figsto

37 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

So essentially, we've got a mostly confirmed wave of six sets this August (two of which have been fully revealed, the others being Grievous' fighter, Night Buzzard, Anakin's Starfighter, and the AAT), plus the Mandalorian + Child brickhead, and then the Razor Crest which has been confirmed for September 1st.  We may or may not see an additional two sets, from what I understand, though it seems like one of these is much more "confirmed" than the other.

Don’t forget the Advent Calendar. Other than that, you got everything. 

Finally a release date for the game, unfortunately it's still 5 and a half month worth of waiting. It's gonna be worth the wait I hope :pir-huzzah1:

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Yeah, whenever I order on lego.com US the total is 10% more than the sets' retail price. Doesn't sound that bad until suddenly you have to pay $220 for the A-wing instead of $200.

6 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Yeah, they really need to do an ahsoka this wave, or at least in january 2021. We haven't had a clone wars ahsoka in 7 years, and the rebels ahsoka only came in an expensive set that's been retired for years. There's clearly demand, looking at bricklink the only ahsoka figure that's not really expensive for a figure is her s1/s2 costume, the worst of her costumes and the one with only one facial expression. The s3-s5 costume only has one seller in north america ($42), and the rebels one is $130, the same cost as the set she came in originally came out.

54 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Yes, from what I gather the $100 set is almost certainly coming but we don't know what it is, and the other set is just a possibility, not even confirmed that it'll release at all.

12 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

So the rumor is that the AT-TE is the $100 set?

No, we have no idea what the $100 set could be. The AT-TE was speculation based on price, piece count, and hope that it'll be clone wars based.

Supreme leader Mandrproductions made a rumor video about one of the 2 sets we don't know anything about. His Intel said it's the child from mandalorian. (buildable figure) 

5 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Supreme leader Mandrproductions made a rumor video about one of the 2 sets we don't know anything about. His Intel said it's the child from mandalorian. (buildable figure) 

Well if that true, I wont have to worry about it, but I know I will have to get one for my girls! :classic:

37 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Could be cool but it depends on how they're going at it, if it's as creepy as Yoda it will be an easy skip for me.

In other Mandalorian news (it's not a big spoiler as it's literally everywhere but after the Ahsoka discussion I'll put it in a tag anyway):

Spoiler

Boba Fett is coming back in season 2 so maybe we'll get a new variant after his surival

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Could be cool but it depends on how they're going at it, if it's as creepy as Yoda it will be an easy skip for me.

Reveal hidden contents

Boba Fett is coming back in season 2 so maybe we'll get a new variant after his surival

Yeah i am scared how they will do his eyes,but still gonna buy it if its under 100 $ .

Oh damn, didnt know that. Cant wait for next season

32 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Well if that true, I wont have to worry about it, but I know I will have to get one for my girls! :classic:

If i cant wait to get it i can only imagine how badly younger kids will want it,especially if it comes with "the child" minifigure like other buildable sets.

51 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

In other Mandalorian news (it's not a big spoiler as it's literally everywhere but after the Ahsoka discussion I'll put it in a tag anyway):

Reveal hidden contents

I really hope so. I hope we get new figures of all the important characters