MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

The AT-AT has been officially announced, here’s hoping the others swiftly follow... 

(I’m sure the AT-AT leaked via Amazon Japan?)

I wonder what's up with this slow trickle. Sure, the 501st set was the result of a fan campaign, but the AT-AT has significantly less going for it. Did they reveal it earlier because it's for the empire strikes back anniversary, I guess?

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Or maybe it’s just another BrickHeadz set :tongue:

Ahsoka and Maul brickheadz. That way Lego's technically given us a set of the ahsoka/maul duel, except everyone is still disappointed. 

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Did they reveal it earlier because it's for the empire strikes back anniversary, I guess?

Makes sense to me :shrug_oh_well: Though you could argue it would have made sense to reveal all of the upcoming sets on May 4th. Not only was it Star Wars Day, it also marked the release of the final TCW episode AND the release of TROS on D+, so it would’ve been the perfect opportunity to reveal the rest of the wave too. But alas...

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Makes sense to me :shrug_oh_well: Though you could argue it would have made sense to reveal all of the upcoming sets on May 4th. Not only was it Star Wars Day, it also marked the release of the final TCW episode AND the release of TROS on D+, so it would’ve been the perfect opportunity to reveal the rest of the wave too. But alas...

It would've been the perfect time to release another LEGO SW:TSS trailer too but all we got was boxart..... I mean, it looks great but at least give us a freaking releasedate! :ugh:

I just don't know what to do about the AT-AT.  $160 is pretty terrible, but still a better deal than trying to buy a used, less well-designed version on eBay.  

Ah, well...first I need to track down the 20th Anniversary Slave I, because it's on its way out the revolving door, and I waited too long on May the Fourth...

I'm very curious about the retailer exclusive, which of course means it will be a massive disappointment!  :grin:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I mean, it looks great but at least give us a freaking releasedate! :ugh:

I don’t think they’re trying to tease us here, they probably simply don’t have one yet thanks to the human malware :shrug_oh_well:

28 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm very curious about the retailer exclusive, which of course means it will be a massive disappointment!  :grin:

The magic word is ‘expectations’. Don’t expect anything, and you won’t be disappointed :wink: Just pretend the set doesn’t exist, makes it a lot easier :head_back:

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, I felt like the first 8 were just your average TCW episodes, not stellar but not that bad either, and then the last four episodes made the best arc in the show. But how could you not want the mandalorians? :laugh:

I feel like this would have been the ideal time to get another AT-TE and LAAT.

If I understood Landino correctly, he has reason to believe 75318 exists and could be coming, but has no other information he can share. @Childish_Landino please correct me if I'm wrong.

If it is coming, I think just from logic it probably won't be that expensive, seeing as we have the $80 grievous starfighter, $100 retailer exclusive, and $130 razor crest all within a month. 

Yeah, I agree about your TCW analysis, but slight less than average, especially the first four, I hoped that the last clone vs battledroid showdown could have been delivered in a better plot. And yes, now when you mentioned it, some Death Watch with actual horns on the helmet would have been a nice addition. 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It would make sense, but lego doesn't like to make sense when it comes to revealed/leaked sets. Like that one time a set (I think it was for the new wonder woman film?) leaked, and they ordered a takedown of the images despite the fact that people were finding it on-shelf in stores already.

35 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Yeah, I agree about your TCW analysis, but slight less than average, especially the first four, I hoped that the last clone vs battledroid showdown could have been delivered in a better plot. And yes, now when you mentioned it, some Death Watch with actual horns on the helmet would have been a nice addition. 

Yeah, we need some more mauldalorians.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

I just don't know what to do about the AT-AT.  $160 is pretty terrible, but still a better deal than trying to buy a used, less well-designed version on eBay. 

I have the same conundrum. It's a great set, but $160 is such an outlandish price I wouldn't have believed it if Landino didn't confirm it. Like, this isn't the normal "legos are expensive" stuff, this is more overpriced than most other sets. But on the other hand, it'll still be the cheapest way to get a system-scale AT-AT, and I don't have one yet. I wonder if it would be cheaper to bricklink the parts? Aside from the sand blue chairs and a few other pieces, it shouldn't be difficult, and I already have the older version of almost all the figures.

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

If I recall well, the 2014 AT-AT version was about 120€ for 1137 pieces.

Promobrics german site (see this link) says the new AT-AT it will be 150€ for 1267 pieces. As the comparison is for two versions of the same build, we could assume that the pieces count is roughly comparable. 

This one has one additional minifig, a snow speeder bike, and the thing is a bit bigger overall: it has a bigger head, the main body it is longer by 4-5 studs and wider by at least 2 studs. That allows to have complete feet unlike the 2014 version.

If that's the case, I would say that for that price it wouldn't be overpriced adjusting the inflation since 2014. It also has a better, more playable design, which is perfect for children.

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It would've been the perfect time to release another LEGO SW:TSS trailer too but all we got was boxart..... I mean, it looks great but at least give us a freaking releasedate! :ugh:

Maybe they were planning to announce it on May The 4th, but because of COVID-19 they decided to not do it and wait till it's over, it's better to not give a release date than to change it multiple times.

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wonder what's up with this slow trickle. Sure, the 501st set was the result of a fan campaign, but the AT-AT has significantly less going for it. Did they reveal it earlier because it's for the empire strikes back anniversary, I guess?

Seems to coincide with a new strategy by Lego to encourage pre-ordering of sets albeit the AT-AT isn’t available to do so via Lego.com. 

24 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Seems to coincide with a new strategy by Lego to encourage pre-ordering of sets albeit the AT-AT isn’t available to do so via Lego.com. 

It hasn't been officially announced yet; otherwise it would appear on LEGO's website. But even if it were, there's no reason to think it would be available for preorder on LEGO's website. The helmets and D-0 weren't when they were added to the site, nor is the $30 not-a-501st-battle-pack, which is part of the same wave as the AT-AT.

42 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

It hasn't been officially announced yet; otherwise it would appear on LEGO's website. But even if it were, there's no reason to think it would be available for preorder on LEGO's website. The helmets and D-0 weren't when they were added to the site, nor is the $30 not-a-501st-battle-pack, which is part of the same wave as the AT-AT.

Sorry yes you’re right about the pre-ordering! 

The AT-AT was unveiled on the Offical Star Wars Facebook today I believe. 

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

The AT-AT was unveiled on the Offical Star Wars Facebook today I believe. 

Not seeing it, if so. If it were officially announced, I would expect to see a press release, or at least a tweet from LEGO, and the product would show up on the LEGO website within a few hours... a day at most.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Ahsoka and Maul brickheadz

That would be such a LEGO thing to do

4 hours ago, dvogon said:

If I recall well, the 2014 AT-AT version was about 120€ for 1137 pieces.

Promobrics german site (see this link) says the new AT-AT it will be 150€ for 1267 pieces. As the comparison is for two versions of the same build, we could assume that the pieces count is roughly comparable. 

This one has one additional minifig, a snow speeder bike, and the thing is a bit bigger overall: it has a bigger head, the main body it is longer by 4-5 studs and wider by at least 2 studs. That allows to have complete feet unlike the 2014 version.

If that's the case, I would say that for that price it wouldn't be overpriced adjusting the inflation since 2014. It also has a better, more playable design, which is perfect for children.

It's only 30 euros more, but in america it's $50 more. Given that I believe the euro and dollar are pretty close, it might not be that bad in europe, but it is a bad price in america.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

I wish they put that pack on pre-order, I'll never be able to get hold of any copies save getting up at 3am on august first.

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

That would be such a LEGO thing to do

yup. "you wanted ahsoka and maul? Here's brickheadz of them instead of minifigures"

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 5/6/2020 at 2:09 AM, Sneakguest said:

Just so the whole clone wars season 7 today, the first 8 episodes I could really have been without, the last four was pretty nice though. In terms of lego, I wouldn't really care that much if they make anything from the season into lego sets or not 

I agree. The first 8 episodes were just a money spinner with no substance.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:42 PM, Guyon2002 said:

I think @legolandia was more referring to how they spread out certain characters over sets. Like how old Lando, who is arguably (one of) the most wanted Ep9 figures, only comes in the most expensive Ep9 set

Yes, exactly. Lego is well aware of the fact that minifigures do sell the sets quite often so it has a strategy in place using minifigures to maximise sales.

I would be extremely happy if they made a good Ahsoka vs Maul Brickheadz set! ... in addition to minifigs of both! I have both recent Mauls, so I really only need Ahsoka, but their duel would be a nice addition to the current duel line.

So... the mystery set may or may not exist. That’s exciting. But do we still have nothing at all on a possible fall UCS/MBS/whatever large set? Or is the AT-AT possibly going to be it this year? (Aside from the A-Wing as the May 4 UCS set, obviously)

12 minutes ago, autolycus said:

I would be extremely happy if they made a good Ahsoka vs Maul Brickheadz set! ... in addition to minifigs of both! I have both recent Mauls, so I really only need Ahsoka, but their duel would be a nice addition to the current duel line.

So... the mystery set may or may not exist. That’s exciting. But do we still have nothing at all on a possible fall UCS/MBS/whatever large set? Or is the AT-AT possibly going to be it this year? (Aside from the A-Wing as the May 4 UCS set, obviously)

I doubt that. I can't remember the last time we didn't have the fall UCS set.

But yeah, my maul/ahsoka brickheadz comment was meant as if it was instead of a set with their figures, as you suspected. I wouldn't hate the brickheadz set if a set with them as figures came alongside it, especially since it'd be cool to see Ahsoka's head-tails (is that just for twilecks? If so, what are those things togrutas have on their head called?) made on a brickheadz figure.

19 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Not seeing it, if so. If it were officially announced, I would expect to see a press release, or at least a tweet from LEGO, and the product would show up on the LEGO website within a few hours... a day at most.

“Imperial Walkers on the North Ridge! Check out the new announced LEGO Star Wars AT-AT set!” on the official Star Wars FACEBOOK page seems like an official announcement to me. 

Edited by HothFan1987
Point of clarity to those who won’t accept it was officially revealed on Facebook.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's only 30 euros more, but in america it's $50 more. Given that I believe the euro and dollar are pretty close, it might not be that bad in europe, but it is a bad price in america.

Isnt that that the relative value of a dollar to an euro has changed last six year? At least that has been romoured as a reason to the increase of legoprices in Sweden recently.

7 hours ago, autolycus said:

Well it was that wookiee rumor from even last year spring if I remember right, but since it has been quiet since, nobody has put any credibility in that one

9 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Admittedly there is no press release but it’s definitely there as HothFan1987 details too. Strange in all honesty that nothing has come out of Lego.

1 hour ago, HothFan1987 said:

“Imperial Walkers on the North Ridge! Check out the new announced LEGO Star Wars AT-AT set!” on the official Star Wars page seems like an official announcement to me. 

It's on the UK Star Wars twitter feed, not their Facebook page. Hence the confusion.

If I had to guess, this was probably meant to all go live at a future date, and images and tweets and such were queued up for publication whenever LEGO made the official announcement (e.g., via the Star Wars Show, or at least their own twitter feed). Then Amazon Japan accidentally posted the images early, and the UK social media managers followed suit. Again, just a guess, but would explain why it's not been fully promoted yet.

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Isnt that that the relative value of a dollar to an euro has changed last six year? At least that has been romoured as a reason to the increase of legoprices in Sweden recently.

I just did a few google searches and it appears that the rate changed from a dollar being worth .73ish euros to .93, but that would make them closer in price, right? It could also be part of the reason for prices increasing in sweden.

However the exchange rates work out, I still feel the AT-AT is overpriced compared to other SW sets around the same cost. 

23 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

It's on the UK Star Wars twitter feed, not their Facebook page. Hence the confusion.

If I had to guess, this was probably meant to all go live at a future date, and images and tweets and such were queued up for publication whenever LEGO made the official announcement (e.g., via the Star Wars Show, or at least their own twitter feed). Then Amazon Japan accidentally posted the images early, and the UK social media managers followed suit. Again, just a guess, but would explain why it's not been fully promoted yet.

If the social media managers already have images ready to go would that bode well for the rest of the augest sets being revealed alongside the AT-AT?

Edited by Mandalorianknight