MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

At this point, we have no idea.  Falcon Fan (a very reliable leaker/EB user) hinted about a week ago that we may be getting something involving Ahsoka and Darth Maul, but we've had no information about what that specifically pertains to (it could just mean that Ahsoka is coming in a set we already know about, and we got Maul in a book), but it definitely could suggest that the exclusive has something to do with episodes 9-12 of TCW.  

Hide contents

I believe that there were AT-TEs in episode 10 during the battle scene when Maul and Ahsoka were dueling, which could work well, but who knows?

Keep in mind not everything Falconfan posts on his story is a tease, could just be him deciding to post a cool picture

I have seen the new AT-AT high quality images in a youtube video.

Now I have to say that this version is an interesting improvement over the 2014 version I have. The head has two pilots + General Veers, which is very good. The shape of the head is also more accurate than the 2014 version.

The main body is about 4-5 studs larger, so it could somehow compensate the bigger head proportions. Better photos would tell us if that's the case. The main body interior structure is way better developed as it has now more space for snow troopers and a snow speeder bike.

It also has a string wheel device to move up and down Luke.

All of those features make the set a very playable one. So to me, this set could be the best SW set of the year. Let's see if it's priced reasonably.

Edited by dvogon
typo

18 minutes ago, dvogon said:

All of those features makes the set a very playable one. So to me, this set could be the best SW set of the year. Let's see if it's priced reasonably.

It's up for Pre-order in the UK from Zavvi for £139.99 which isn't too bad IMO

20 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

It's up for Pre-order in the UK from Zavvi for £139.99 which isn't too bad IMO

Ooo hadn’t seen this. £140 is a respectable price. 

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

It also has a string wheel device to move up and down Luke.

All of those features makes the set a very playable one. So to me, this set could be the best SW set of the year. Let's see if it's priced reasonably.

26 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Ooo hadn’t seen this. £140 is a respectable price. 

I personally think the price of $160 in the US is quite steep, and I'm sure the price is bad in other territories, too.  But...I've grown immune to "Star Wars tax," and I'll definitely buy one if I can afford it!  :laugh:
EDIT: I'm sure it will be listed as "Coming Soon" tomorrow...too bad it can't be a pre-order included in the May the Fourth promotion.  That would have been a nice gesture from LEGO and Disney toward the fans.

Edited by RogueTwo

Just now, RogueTwo said:

I personally think the price of $160 in the US is quite steep, and I'm sure the price is bad in other territories, too.  

I would not treat that price as fact.

8 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Companies releasing something just because people make memes about it is one of the quickest pathways to the dark side (case in point: Bubsy’s return in 2017) :tongue:

It's not really memes as much as nostalgia, although rebel friend specifically is pretty memed. people like me grew up with those old lego star wars games. I think it'd be fine to have it as a promo with the skywalker saga game like @Guyon2002 said.

2 hours ago, Willsy said:

What are the chances that the $100 retailer exclusive is an AT-TE? I seem to recall hearing somewhere that it's supposed to have over 700 peices (which would be in-line with the 2013 one), though I could just be misremembering things. 

Fits all criteria. Price, piece count, relevence.

Spoiler

appears in the new season, is easily tied to the ahsoka/maul duel someone teased 

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

this is very good to hear, hoping it's $140. Seems reasonable without being too overpriced.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Keep in mind not everything Falconfan posts on his story is a tease, could just be him deciding to post a cool picture

That's very true.  As we've seen with previous retail exclusives, they may or may not have anything at all to do with what movies/shows are relevant right now.  

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Aww, sweet, thank you! (unless, of course, I'm completely misunderstanding you and it's actually higher :laugh:).

12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Man I really hope we get more sets from this season of TCW 

I for one, think it’s long overdue for a remake of the Clone Wars era Y-Wing.  Perhaps in a new color scheme, say like red, or even blue maybe?  Think I saw one in that opening battle to the episode with Obi-Wan and Anakin on the bridge.

Maybe this could even be our retailer exclusive this year?  Who knows what figures they could possibly put with it though...

5 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Aww, sweet, thank you! (unless, of course, I'm completely misunderstanding you and it's actually higher :laugh:).

@jdubbs logs on in a panic "guys you misunderstood it's actually $190!" :laugh:

$160 seems unrealistically high to me, I'm hoping it's $140.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

That's very true.  As we've seen with previous retail exclusives, they may or may not have anything at all to do with what movies/shows are relevant right now.  

could be that coveted GONK droid statue.

Still hoping it's an AT-TE though.

Just now, Skyhammer said:

I for one, think it’s long overdue for a remake of the Clone Wars era Y-Wing.  Perhaps in a new color scheme, say like red, or even blue maybe?  Think I saw one in that opening battle to the episode with Obi-Wan and Anakin on the bridge.

Maybe this could even be our retailer exclusive this year?  Who knows what figures they could possibly put with it though...

Spoiler

It would be a nice way to guarantee ahsoka and rex, as well as increase our chances of getting jesse.

I hope not, just because it would mean they made a $100 y-wing when the last republic one was $60. With inflation it'd be a little over $70 today. That's insanely overpriced.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

could be that coveted GONK droid statue.

Still hoping it's an AT-TE though.

I hope not, just because it would mean they made a $100 y-wing when the last republic one was $60. With inflation it'd be a little over $70 today. That's insanely overpriced.

Ah, of course, I forgot the UCS Gonk :tongue: (In all honesty, I would probably consider buying that if it was in the size of the Porg or D-O).  I never really considered an AT-TE but size-wise it would work, the only question is that they typically don't seem to put "flagship"-like vehicles as an exclusives?  Not sure if that makes sense, and as I've said multiple times, exclusives truly are a crapshoot, but I guess we don't usually see some of the major vehicles of the Separatist/Republic/Rebel/Empire fleet put out in a limited capacity with the exception of UCS models.  Now, it is late and brickset doesn't seem to classify sets as retail exclusives (unless it was a LEGO direct product) so I may be forgetting some sets, but I'm wondering if a vehicle that's got a really major presence in the prequels and The Clone Wars would show up as a limited release product.

And yeah, as much as I'd love a Republic Y-Wing, it really doesn't show up that much in the show to where I'm unsure if they'd give us another set.  Obviously we've gotten way more obscure stuff (Jakku Quadjumper anyone?) but given how sparse TCW stuff is in general, it seems unlikely.  Plus, a $90-100 Y-Wing would probably not sell very well at all, which would further give LEGO justification that TCW stuff doesn't sell.  

The AT-AT's design has honestly grown on me quite a bit, still hate the price though. Regardless of the license and amount of pieces I would pay 120 max for this thing

Could the mystery set be a Nu class shuttle? Last time we got one was along side a blue AAT, it could be bigger than the last one to make up for the increased price (or maybe a higher price for the same size cause that happens :cry_sad:).

Spoiler

I mean there was the one Maul escaped in and they're a common sight in the clone wars and it would make sense for a clone wars set as it's not seen in the movies only the cartoons. And with there being some in the recent episodes we could have some relevant minifigs to go with it, say Maul, Ahsoka, Rex, R7-A7 and some clones (probably not Jesse though, as cool as that would be )

If the mystery set is clone wars related it'd be nice to get some phase 2 shinies. I do hope the mystery set is the clone wars related though as the clone wars probably won't be this relevant for a long time but it could very well be from something else, TRoS still needs a set with Palps and I'd like an episode 3 Padme. Is it possible that in addition to the mystery set, there are also some retailer exclusives?

I've been wondering whether the mystery retailer exclusive could be a TIE Bomber for the 40th Anniversary of ESB.  It was the anniversary label on the AT-AT box that gave me the idea.  The part count seems borderline-low for a TIE Bomber, but the price is right on point.

22 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I've been wondering whether the mystery retailer exclusive could be a TIE Bomber for the 40th Anniversary of ESB.  It was the anniversary label on the AT-AT box that gave me the idea.  The part count seems borderline-low for a TIE Bomber, but the price is right on point.

I would be surprised if after many years of not re-releasing this set they would have it a store exclusive for the 40th year celebration. I think it’s equally as an unlikely as the AT TE. You’d expect these sets to be in the main wave as a type of ‘flagship’ set. Again I could be chatting nonsense here (as usual probably). 

The Skywalker Saga game has a Lego version of the Naboo Royal Starship from Ep 1 on the official box art of the game so that could perhaps be an inclination of what’s to come. 

Then again I would be shocked if Lego doesn’t release a Clone Wars set with Maul in within this wave (this is based on the assumption Rex and Ahsoka are in this wave even though unlikely).

Edited by ArrowBricks

Tbh, I think it’s pretty pointless to speculate about the retail exclusive at this point. We know precisely 0 about it in terms of content, so I don’t know why everyone has started to think it’s a TCW set all of a sudden :wacko: Not that I would mind that, but you’re only setting yourself up for disappointment if it turns out to be something else, just saying

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Tbh, I think it’s pretty pointless to speculate about the retail exclusive at this point.

I’d even go further and say it’s extremely pointless. Ah well, passes the time in lockdown. :wink:

10 hours ago, Skyhammer said:

I think a lot of Clone Wars sets are long overdue for remakes. ARC-170, Headhunter, V-19 Torrent, Y-Wing, other Jedi Starfighters besides Anakin’s, Coruscant Police Gunship, and many others. I’m ready for some more Prequel love, as in a wave or two completely dedicated to Prequel era sets. We’ll see what happens. Ok rant over, I’m done wishlisting, sorry for the rabbit trail. Moving on

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

The Skywalker Saga game has a Lego version of the Naboo Royal Starship from Ep 1 on the official box art of the game so that could perhaps be an inclination of what’s to come. 

It probably doesn't mean anything but I would definetely buy that

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It probably doesn't mean anything but I would definetely buy that

There will probably be a lot of builds and minifigures in this game that haven’t been made yet that we’ll all want very badly

7 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Ah, of course, I forgot the UCS Gonk :tongue: (In all honesty, I would probably consider buying that if it was in the size of the Porg or D-O).  I never really considered an AT-TE but size-wise it would work, the only question is that they typically don't seem to put "flagship"-like vehicles as an exclusives?  Not sure if that makes sense, and as I've said multiple times, exclusives truly are a crapshoot, but I guess we don't usually see some of the major vehicles of the Separatist/Republic/Rebel/Empire fleet put out in a limited capacity with the exception of UCS models.  Now, it is late and brickset doesn't seem to classify sets as retail exclusives (unless it was a LEGO direct product) so I may be forgetting some sets, but I'm wondering if a vehicle that's got a really major presence in the prequels and The Clone Wars would show up as a limited release product.

And yeah, as much as I'd love a Republic Y-Wing, it really doesn't show up that much in the show to where I'm unsure if they'd give us another set.  Obviously we've gotten way more obscure stuff (Jakku Quadjumper anyone?) but given how sparse TCW stuff is in general, it seems unlikely.  Plus, a $90-100 Y-Wing would probably not sell very well at all, which would further give LEGO justification that TCW stuff doesn't sell.  

Yeah, we don't have much to go off of, but falconfan did tease the ahsoka/maul duel, right? Other than that all we really know is it's 775 parts and $100, which does rule out a fair bit. I think it's possible it could be a major vehicle, isn't the Razor Crest limited to lego and amazon? It might just be pre-orders are only for those, I'm not sure.

And like you say, a Y-wing for $100 would not sell. I'm just worried the set will be a resistance b-wing.

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Could the mystery set be a Nu class shuttle? Last time we got one was along side a blue AAT, it could be bigger than the last one to make up for the increased price (or maybe a higher price for the same size cause that happens :cry_sad:).

Hide contents

I mean there was the one Maul escaped in and they're a common sight in the clone wars and it would make sense for a clone wars set as it's not seen in the movies only the cartoons. And with there being some in the recent episodes we could have some relevant minifigs to go with it, say Maul, Ahsoka, Rex, R7-A7 and some clones (probably not Jesse though, as cool as that would be )

If the mystery set is clone wars related it'd be nice to get some phase 2 shinies. I do hope the mystery set is the clone wars related though as the clone wars probably won't be this relevant for a long time but it could very well be from something else, TRoS still needs a set with Palps and I'd like an episode 3 Padme. Is it possible that in addition to the mystery set, there are also some retailer exclusives?

The mystery set is our retailer exclusive, I think. Though a nu class shuttle would be pretty good

Spoiler

Especially since it could very easily have maul, ahsoka, bo-katan, AND shock troopers. It also has the container mentioned below.

In addition, in the later seasons of the show the shuttle has this big container thing on the bottom, in episode 6x01 for example. This could be part of it to bring the price up to $100.

I agree that we need more p2 shinies, the only times we've ever had the p2 shiny with the 2013-present helmet design were a microfighter and an advent calendar, both in 2014.