MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

41 minutes ago, autolycus said:

stupid dead sheep shoes. Why do people do that?

More clicks = more people watching the videos = more money

We aren't supposed to discuss this in this thread so I'll end it here, just wanted to warn you guys as I'm sure most of the people in this thread (including me) are really looking forward to the finale. Sadly I've already seen a big spoiler but hopefully you guys won't 

I for one really like the AT-AT from the pictures, although I agree that the legs -or pylons- look rather skinny, as they did in the 2014 one. Also the lack of printed dishes on the joints is sad, but I noticed the same trend on the AT-TE. If the price goes down from the awful 160€ I presume it will have I might think about it.

Also

1 hour ago, autolycus said:

stupid dead sheep shoes

I motion to make this the to-go insult for spoilers and fake leaks spreaders. :D

Not sure if anyone has addressed this yet or not...

Has Lego ever released pictures of summer SW sets on May 4th? Wondering about this year.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

More clicks = more people watching the videos = more money

We aren't supposed to discuss this in this thread so I'll end it here, just wanted to warn you guys as I'm sure most of the people in this thread (including me) are really looking forward to the finale. Sadly I've already seen a big spoiler but hopefully you guys won't 

I'm actually pleasantly surprised there's anything to spoil, given we know how the clone war itself ends from ROTS and the fates of rex and ahsoka from Rebels. Sorry to hear you saw a spoiler, though.

1 hour ago, CNF said:

Not sure if anyone has addressed this yet or not...

Has Lego ever released pictures of summer SW sets on May 4th? Wondering about this year.

I don't remember what's happened in the past for them, but seems a bit far off for an official reveal (January 1st sets usually leak in late november.)

That said, the 501st battle pack was revealed, what, april 2nd? and doesn't release until august, though it was a bit of a special case.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't remember what's happened in the past for them, but seems a bit far off for an official reveal (January 1st sets usually leak in late november.)

You don‘t remember because you can‘t remember, this is uncharted territory :wink: It‘s been a long time since we last got an August wave, and back then, (almost) everything was revealed at NYTF, so the official reveal always was in February. 

Leaks could happen earlier, but I assume the official reveal will be in late June.

Leaks have shown the poster of the Skywalker Saga game. There could be a hint of something from the picture from the summer sets though. Of course AT-AT is present so that's no surprise but other hints like Rey and her lightsaber. Could it possibly be that she is carrying it from the set Night Buzzard?

Edited by AMD

I wonder if we'll get an official release date for the game today, that's a perfect opportunity to finally announce that (not sure if it's the right topic or not, we could use a little discussion on that tho).

I absolutely adore the cover art for this game! Fingers crossed we'll get the releasedate and a new trailer (preferably with actual gameplay) today as well, just releasing a poster would be kinda weird

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

You don‘t remember because you can‘t remember, this is uncharted territory :wink: It‘s been a long time since we last got an August wave, and back then, (almost) everything was revealed at NYTF, so the official reveal always was in February. 

Not really. We got an August wave in 2018 (second wave of Solo sets, Snoke’s Throneroom, X-Wing). The sets were revealed in a private viewing event in June if I recall correctly. 

Some people on Instagram already speculating whether the DS on the cover would be an actual set. I'm looking forward to how some of the locations and ships are built in this game as much as the gameplay itself.

Just now, jdubbs said:

Not really. We got an August wave in 2018 (second wave of Solo sets, Snoke’s Throneroom, X-Wing). The sets were revealed in a private viewing event in June if I recall correctly. 

Hm, you‘re right. I was convinced this wave was released in June, but it definitely wasn‘t :blush: The event was on May 17th, so maybe we‘ll see official pictures in about two weeks?

24 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Some people on Instagram already speculating whether the DS on the cover would be an actual set. I'm looking forward to how some of the locations and ships are built in this game as much as the gameplay itself.

They're probably looking into it too much, the lego games have featured many characters, variants, locations, vehicles and animals we've never gotten over the years. I too am very much looking forward to the designs, this game is going to be epic!

5 hours ago, AMD said:

Leaks have shown the poster of the Skywalker Saga game. There could be a hint of something from the picture from the summer sets though. Of course AT-AT is present so that's no surprise but other hints like Rey and her lightsaber. Could it possibly be that she is carrying it from the set Night Buzzard?

It wouldn't make sense for that set, but that's never stopped lego before! Would add some more desirability to the rey in the set too, yellow lightsaber blades aren't super rare but they are harder to find.

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They're probably looking into it too much, the lego games have featured many characters, variants, locations, vehicles and animals we've never gotten over the years. I too am very much looking forward to the designs, this game is going to be epic!

I still remember the old "lego star wars complete saga" game and all the stuff it had. I do hope we get a "rebel friend" promo someday, it would only require one new print.

Just now, jpipes7261 said:

I'm like 95% sure Childish Landino said the Death Star will not be the fall UCS set.

I think he said specifically the second death star, but I'm not sure. It's unlikely the game cover is hinting at a new one anyway, though.

56 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

So June seems likely, or late may.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I still remember the old "lego star wars complete saga" game and all the stuff it had. I do hope we get a "rebel friend" promo someday, it would only require one new print.

They could give us Rebel Friend as the deluxe editions exclusive figure but I'd rather get something else

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

They could give us Rebel Friend as the deluxe editions exclusive figure but I'd rather get something else

Companies releasing something just because people make memes about it is one of the quickest pathways to the dark side (case in point: Bubsy’s return in 2017) :tongue:

59 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Man I really hope we get more sets from this season of TCW 

Maybe a blue TCW-era Y-wing with two, certain figures?:wink:

7 minutes ago, Daimar said:

Maybe a blue TCW-era Y-wing with two, certain figures?:wink:

Careful, is that a spoiler?  I haven't watched the episode yet, and I have no idea what you're talking about

8 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Careful, is that a spoiler?  I haven't watched the episode yet, and I have no idea what you're talking about

Sorry I was told a spoiler doesn’t exist on this forum so it’s futile to complain unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Man I really hope we get more sets from this season of TCW 

Agreed. Would have made a lot of money if we had a Clone Wars wave in September for example but it is understandable why this didn’t occur. 

I can think of atleast 15 sets they could release based off of Season 7.  

Edited by ArrowBricks

Does LEGO still do the pre-order minifigs for games? Haven’t bought one since Beyond Gotham so I dont know.

If there is one, I’m guessing it’d probably be related to Ep. 9. Maybe dark side vision Rey since it’d be hard to fit her in a regular set?

1 hour ago, UberCorp said:

Does LEGO still do the pre-order minifigs for games? Haven’t bought one since Beyond Gotham so I dont know.

Not for pre-orders but they do include an exclusive figure in the Deluxe Edition of the game (which is the base game + season pass). The FO Stormtrooper variant of Finn for example came from the Deluxe Edition for the TFA game

19 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not for pre-orders but they do include an exclusive figure in the Deluxe Edition of the game (which is the base game + season pass). The FO Stormtrooper variant of Finn for example came from the Deluxe Edition for the TFA game

Hoping for that AOTC C-3PO

What are the chances that the $100 retailer exclusive is an AT-TE? I seem to recall hearing somewhere that it's supposed to have over 700 peices (which would be in-line with the 2013 one), though I could just be misremembering things. 

Edited by Willsy

Just now, Willsy said:

What are the chances that the $100 retailer exclusive is an AT-TE? I seem to recall hearing somewhere that it's supposed to have over 700 peices (which would be in-line with the 2013 one), though I could just be misremembering things. 

At this point, we have no idea.  Falcon Fan (a very reliable leaker/EB user) hinted about a week ago that we may be getting something involving Ahsoka and Darth Maul, but we've had no information about what that specifically pertains to (it could just mean that Ahsoka is coming in a set we already know about, and we got Maul in a book), but it definitely could suggest that the exclusive has something to do with episodes 9-12 of TCW.  

I believe that there were AT-TEs in episode 10 during the battle scene when Maul and Ahsoka were dueling, which could work well, but who knows?