MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

42 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

The WALKING PYLONS (geez, don't call the legs ^^) don't differ that much from the previous version. Same width and thinkness, the thighs grew 1 stud in length, the lower legs have the same length, the feet became 1 plate thinner. The feet seem to be 2 studs wider, because the toes grew from 1 stud to 2 studs. The "skinny legs" some of you see might be more of an illusion. The body got at least 2 studs longer (and much better proportioned), maybe that adds to the impression. Stonewars has a before/after slide, so see yourself. I love the minifigs, the whole set is cool.

You wouldn't happen to know if anyone has a size comparison of the previoust AT-AT with the current AT-STs from Rogue One onward? I wanted to see if their upscale would have anything to do with why the legs are longer with the AT-AT.

Just now, HutchProDucktions said:

You wouldn't happen to know if anyone has a size comparison of the previoust AT-AT with the current AT-STs from Rogue One onward? I wanted to see if their upscale would have anything to do with why the legs are longer with the AT-AT.

Sorry, i don't.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Question: will this work if I was to cancel and re-pre-order the razorcrest using that trick?

I did it this morning and the cart says I qualified for the promo. But I don't know if it'll ship.

Looking at the comparison, I'm personally feeling like replacing my 2014 version for the new one. It's just far more accurate 

I'm now 100% convinced the speeder in the AT-AT set and the speeder in the 2020 Clone Trooper battle pack are using a new pieces: a 2x2 curved sloped with angles.

1 hour ago, bountybossk said:

I'm now 100% convinced the speeder in the AT-AT set and the speeder in the 2020 Clone Trooper battle pack are using a new pieces: a 2x2 curved sloped with angles.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-29119

e.: oh, no, I guess you're right after all

Edited by AndrewShun

2 hours ago, bountybossk said:

No new part here.

29120+29119.

15 minutes ago, Anio said:

No new part here.

29120+29119.

Seems odd that LEGO would omit the seam between the same two parts in 5+ product renders, across two sets and two part colors. 

11 hours ago, Anak said:

For the May the 4th event: I wonder tomorrow's offers will be the same as today's or something different, 'cause our hungarian website states them as daily offers.

Ok, nothing new offer for today, and the Pasanaa chase is sold out already.

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Seems odd that LEGO would omit the seam between the same two parts in 5+ product renders, across two sets and two part colors. 

You are right indeed.

Interesting 40th anniversary AT-AT. I wonder how much the body structure differs from the 2014 one.

If the head now holds two drivers plus General Veers that would be a good improvement but I fear the head will be too bulky overall for the set.

I actually think this is the best version they have done so far.  I really wasn’t exited to get yet another AT-AT  as I would much prefer a Venator-Class Star Destroryer or something similar, but I have to say they have done a great job on this imo and I will actually consider getting it.  For me the Star Wars summer wave is very boring , I just hope they second UCS set is a play set of some kind. 

This might be my first-ever AT-AT.  I like the plethora of printed pieces from the original 2003 edition, but this one appears to be structurally superior.  I'm impressed!

13 hours ago, dvogon said:

If the head now holds two drivers plus General Veers that would be a good improvement but I fear the head will be too bulky overall for the set.

Some of the pictures show that it does hold three figures and the size doesn't look too much larger than previous AT-AT models from what I can tell.

Since the set images for the AT-AT reportedly came from Amazon Japan, does that mean this set could be an amazon exclusive like vaders castle?

Just now, King Katuunko said:

Since the set images for the AT-AT reportedly came from Amazon Japan, does that mean this set could be an amazon exclusive like vaders castle?

I doubt it, exclusives are usually kept under wraps pretty well, and we've known about this set for a while. Also, none of the leakers ever suggested it would be exclusive.

1 hour ago, King Katuunko said:

It is not.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:12 PM, Makin Bacon said:

I'm almost (almost) upset that I bought RichBoyJhae's instructions a few weeks ago, because this new walker looks beautiful, and the updated Veers is definitely the star of the crowd in the minifig selection. An odd choice to me is that they seem to have "updated" the AT-AT drivers to have black imperial cogs on their helmets, even though in the movie they're clearly red. 

Don't be Richboys AT AT is a Cadillac while the lego version is a Ford Pinto. 

Edited by KevinYoung

The AT-AT is pretty nice. I'm not really excited for it, I've got Raskolnikov's Plus-Size, but I would probably pick it up if I didn't.

If you're planning to watch it I'd highly recommend staying off YouTube untill you've seen the series finale of The Clone Wars, some accounts are posting clips of the episode with huge spoilers in the thumbnails and titles!

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you're planning to watch it I'd highly recommend staying off YouTube untill you've seen the series finale of The Clone Wars, some accounts are posting clips of the episode with huge spoilers in the thumbnails and titles!

stupid dead sheep shoes. Why do people do that?

EDIT: LOL. I have no idea how "stupid dead sheep shoes." ended up in this message.

Edited by autolycus

On 5/1/2020 at 4:18 PM, MKJoshA said:

I did it this morning and the cart says I qualified for the promo. But I don't know if it'll ship.

Thanks. I just remembered a similar thing happening when I purchased a set on backorder in 2015 along with a small set and got a box of all the promos and the small set and then weeks later the backorder set.

34 minutes ago, autolycus said:

stupid dead sheep shoes. Why do people do that?

Same reason people post fake lego leaks, or IGN posted that fake mandalorian trailer. Momentary popularity, clicks, views, possibly ad money if youtube lets them monetize the clips.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

Same reason people post fake lego leaks, or IGN posted that fake mandalorian trailer. Momentary popularity, clicks, views, possibly ad money if youtube lets them monetize the clips.

Absolutely true.