MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Still can't believe 40 years has passed since my heart was ripped out in the cinema when I found out who Luke's dad was...

I like the new ATAT (especially the cockpit that can fit two pilots and Veers), but already having the 2010 version that's not really enough to get me to upgrade.

I like skinny legs on people, but not on AT-ATs!

But I do like that the dual-molded rebel pilot helmet really seems to be dead now.

Edited by Graupensuppe

I admit I’m skeptical of that leak. I know there’s an official image of an ATAT with a speeder bike garage, but we never saw that in any of the movies or series. And it makes even less sense in an ESB 40th Anniversary set because we didn’t see a speeder bike like that until ROTJ.

50 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

Some of the insta posts are saying we might get more leaks from the wave in the next few days. I'm hoping that's true; I'd love to see pictures of the AAT finally.

Who said that?

Just now, autolycus said:

I admit I’m skeptical of that leak. I know there’s an official image of an ATAT with a speeder bike garage, but we never saw that in any of the movies or series. And it makes even less sense in an ESB 40th Anniversary set because we didn’t see a speeder bike like that until ROTJ.

The 2003 AT-AT included a white speeder bike akin to that in 75288. Don't look too far into it. The set that has leaked is real. 

The 2010 at-at was the last one I got. This is a very decent upgrade, worthy of getting for an update. 

You can't want for more with the minifigs, what they've included is the pure essence of this walker. The only thing this set could require, is a probe droid. That might slightly soften the high price, which is the only real negative. 

For trueness to the walker, the legs could be further inboard, something else does look slightly off... But to be honest, it's minor and no big deal. This is a set for kids at the end of the day

37 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Why did Lego think it was a good idea to retire the snowspeeder when there is a AT-AT on the way?

I never thought I'd see the day when someone asks why we AREN'T getting a Snowspeeder :tongue:

17 minutes ago, autolycus said:

It's legitimate.  Landino is right on everything and posted very high quality pics that clearly are the type of photos that would appear in a catalog/LEGO.com advert for the set.  We've also had Hoth speeder bikes before, in a previous AT-AT as another comment mentioned, and in the Hoth battle pack from 2011.  

Edited by Kit Figsto

I hadn’t seen Landino on this leak. I only saw it from someone else. So, I guess it’s real. Still think the speeder bike is odd, but I’ll snap up the set for sure. Don’t have any ATATs.

50 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Why did Lego think it was a good idea to retire the snowspeeder when there is a AT-AT on the way?

They still have the 4+ one in stock. :laugh:

1 hour ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You must be new to this game. So they can put out another, slightly upgraded version next year, of course. 

Just now, jdubbs said:

You must be new to this game. So they can put out another, slightly upgraded version next year, of course. 

Beat me to it! 

The thing I hate most about the AT-AT is the continuation of those 4+ snowtroopers. It appears they still have no brick-built backpack on them, no kama and for some reason their hands are dark tan when it should be either white or light bluish grey. ? I'm gonna have to bricklink a few of the older versions from the previous AT-AT

Wow, the AT-AT looks excellent, proportions look a bit off but still looks really solid. I have the AT-M6 but still don't have an AT-AT. With everything else coming out and I don't think I'll be able to swing it sadly. Maybe if I'm lucky.

3 hours ago, LurkingEhlek said:

The AT-AT looks pretty good. I have always skipped out on them before so I may pick it up. I think Veers is using the Helmet with the goggles molded on that came from Solo, which is a nice variety and fits him well. And Luke looks to have the old pilot helmet, which just makes it more likely they abandoned the dual molded one asap.

I don't have one yet either. It looks great and I want to get it, but it doesn't look that much bigger than the 2014 one and is somehow $50 more expensive. i might wait to see it compared to the other at-at sets.

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

The figures look great, but can't say the same for the build... It looks more like the Rebels animation AT-AT, but I guess the features on it are pretty nice. Overall, a decent set and good parts donor haha.

The head does look a bit weird. Fun fact though, the rebels AT-ATs are much larger than the normal ones, for some reason.

1 hour ago, TeufelHund said:

Still can't believe 40 years has passed since my heart was ripped out in the cinema when I found out who Luke's dad was...

I like the new ATAT (especially the cockpit that can fit two pilots and Veers), but already having the 2010 version that's not really enough to get me to upgrade.

Hey, spoilers! :laugh:  I think I grew up (along with most of my generation) just knowing about that twist for forever, and I was about 4 when I first saw ESB so I can't imagine I was particulary shocked. It must have been so cool (and heart-wrenching) to see that in a theatre, just completely not expecting that.

I mean I guess i've got the next clone wars episode to look forwards to in the "heart-wrenching" department.

@azzer86 Nice! I did a similar thing with that TIE dagger and sold finn off (I had the one from the falcon already) taking the price down $15.

@Brickwraith 

Spoiler

We all thought it would be. (technically it was, but we didn't see anything but a light. Definately not enough for lego to make a set off, though)

But something with Maul and Ahsoka is apparently coming. Maybe an AT-TE? LAATs are too big to be only $100

Edited by Mandalorianknight

This is easily the best AT-AT since the original. The bulkier body proportions look a lot better on this one compared to the skinny 2014 version and its great to see they've brought back a lot of the interior space and detail instead of it being mostly taken up by a technic frame. The builds for the Speeder Bike and turret are nicely done and I like that the cockpit can finally fit three figures inside it.

Hey and we'll have a white speeder for the scout trooper in the razor crest.

Nice set, will definitly pick this up. 

I'm almost (almost) upset that I bought RichBoyJhae's instructions a few weeks ago, because this new walker looks beautiful, and the updated Veers is definitely the star of the crowd in the minifig selection. An odd choice to me is that they seem to have "updated" the AT-AT drivers to have black imperial cogs on their helmets, even though in the movie they're clearly red. 

I feel like some of these minifigures in the last few waves have really been a step backwards for detail and accuracy. As said above the snow trooper has lost his backpack in 4 sets now which looks weird.

Apparently many years of a nice minor distinction between the X-Wing Pilot uniform and the Snowspeeder Pilot uniform has been discarded. While this did give me a chance to snag an "X-Wing" Wedge in the 4+ set, I miss the attention to detail.

I also felt this way about last years Hoth troopers, they weren't bad, but I felt they were a step down.

I can't remember another instance where clearly the detail and quality regressed on figs like this, barring details like arm printing that are exclusive to UCS and larger Sets.

51 minutes ago, Archer said:

I feel like some of these minifigures in the last few waves have really been a step backwards for detail and accuracy. As said above the snow trooper has lost his backpack in 4 sets now which looks weird.

General Veers is way better now than the 2014 version; the snowtroopers are not straight downgrades IMO, they have printed legs now and their color is a bit more accurate with the tan hands, even though they lost the kama and backpack, which is a shame but gets in the way of them sitting without having to remove the backpack and skirt without it creasing. Maybe they could had them stand up in this case. 

Also someone mentionned it earlier but weird choice of putting black instead of red for the imperial logo on the AT-AT crewmen; I don't mind variety but kinda weird. 

Edited by RetroInferno

I only see improvements with this new version compared to the previous ones. I’m sure that once you put the 2020 and 2014 versions side by side the differences will become even more apparent. The overall head design is clearly the most improved area. Everything seems very accurate to the movie. One note: the AT-AT appearing in Rebels was different as supposed to be a developmental model (design inspired by McQuarrie’s illustrations).

By the way, pre-order of the Razor Crest does not entitle to the GWP as I suspected.

iAT - AT my only issue is that is not motorized, but other than that looks nice

12 minutes ago, storskogen said:

….By the way, pre-order of the Razor Crest does not entitle to the GWP as I suspected.

That is weird.  GWP does appear in bag with Razor Crest pre-order here in US.