MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, LegoFjotten said:

What a surprise... S@H immediately breaks down once the offers go live...

Nothing to see here, just move on... 
Edited by Chilis
typo

5 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

What a surprise... S@H immediately breaks down once the offers go live...

The one time I managed to load the Deals page I got a rather uninteresting list including Droid Commander, Pasaana Speeder, Black Ace and all the Battle Attack sets. The sets were listed under the Deals page, but still no discounts were applied. It seems very messy, that explain the maintenance status...

The AT-AT looks pretty good. I have always skipped out on them before so I may pick it up. I think Veers is using the Helmet with the goggles molded on that came from Solo, which is a nice variety and fits him well. And Luke looks to have the old pilot helmet, which just makes it more likely they abandoned the dual molded one asap.

AT-AT walker can finally fit two pilots in cockpit with general veers :) day 1 purchase for me

I'm not sure how I feel about the AT-AT. The detail on the main body is a huge improvement from 75054, but to me the head itself seems more square than previous versions which I don't like. Nice to see that Veer's is getting a recolour of the helmet from 75211 and the AT-AT driver has new leg prints which is nice as well. The interior looks so much better than any versions so I'm pleased about that. I'll probably pick it up, but probably not when it first releases.

AT AT looks great. I really like the way the speeder fits into the back of the AT AT and the seats are a nice addition. I'm happy they put in 2 AT AT drivers as they usually only include 1. Happy that they chose not to use the dual molded pilot helmet. I'll probably get this.

Am I the only one who thinks this AT-AT skipped leg day? Body looks great, head looks neat, but the legs look lanky.

50/50 on this one, but it's always nice to see OT sets.

The figures look great, but can't say the same for the build... It looks more like the Rebels animation AT-AT, but I guess the features on it are pretty nice. Overall, a decent set and good parts donor haha.

Edited by Evergreen

Just now, Terrasher said:

Am I the only one who thinks this AT-AT skipped leg day? Body looks great, head looks neat, but the legs look lanky.

Agreed with the legs, a bit skimpy 

Just now, Terrasher said:

Upon a second look I think the upper legs could be 1-2 studs shorter and the ankles could have been bulked at tad as well. It is not a deal breaker, but like you said it is the only thing I a tad lackluster.

Some of the insta posts are saying we might get more leaks from the wave in the next few days. I'm hoping that's true; I'd love to see pictures of the AAT finally.

I like the AT-AT, it’s nice. This is probably an unpopular opinion but I really don’t like that they abandoned the new dual molded rebel pilot helmet mold after the X-wing set, I really liked that helmet. And now we have that inconsistency 

I have mixed feelings with the AT-AT.

On one hand, I love how they incorporate the turret and the speeder bike to fit inside the walker as it reminds me back on the 2003 one. The pilots not only fit one but two seats at the front and veers at the back. That's a level of detail right there in the movie.

The other. the build of the body is too blocky, the build of the legs are a lackluster and its $160? I don't see this for $160. I would prefer this to be $110.

Overall, not bad but needs improvement with the look of the walker.

Edited by AMD

Not a big fan of this AT-AT to be honest. First of all the figures aren't anything special and while the main body, interior and head look good enough I really can't stand the legs. They are both too long and too skinny and don't work with the rest of the walker. What I dislike most about this set is the price, no way in hell will I ever pay $160 for this. A pass for me!

It looks nice!  At $160, not sure I'll get it at retail (not because I think the price is unfair, I just typically don't buy stuff over $100ish unless it's a "must have" for me).  I wasn't planning on even considering it before, but these pics may have changed my mind.  I don't have any AT-ATs but it seems like this one has the most interior functions we've ever had?

I like this set. Minfigures and side builds are a great. AT-AT itself has a great head and body, what I don't like are legs. They are either too sleek or too long, they feel off when compared to the rest of the build.

I love all the play functions tho. Place for 3 minfigs in cockpit and 6 minfigs in body, rope function and that there's even storage for the speeder.

It's overpriced tho, 1267 pieces for 160€ is a no-no, even if it includes big pieces. It just doesn't feel worth it.

Best walker is still OG 2004 walker. Happy TLG is finally changing the speeder bike design somewhat, though. Do we have a piece count for this set?

EDIT: 1267 pieces for 160$ / probably 180+ CAD? Yeesh...

Edited by Terrasher

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

I personally think he’s not hinting at anything, but if he is it might be because he’s recently acquired rumours relating to 2021. Could also be the Summer Set we don’t know but that’s unlikely imo.

I guess we'll probably find out once the AAT/Anakin's Interceptor leak.  I would say if one of them comes with Ahsoka, it's somewhat unlikely that the same wave would also come with a larger exclusive containing Ahsoka just because we don't usually get a desirable character like that in two sets in the same wave, especially if one is so much cheaper than the other.

I usually have zero interest in walkers, but this is superb.  I love the level of detail, the overall shape, the clean, uncluttered interior, the two seater cockpit, the reel for Luke's grappling line, the speeder garage ... And that new 74-Z speeder bike is just fantastic.  I probably can't afford the AT-AT, but if there's an Endor set anytime soon with the speeder bike in brown it'll be a must-buy for sure.

In my opinion, this is the best AT-AT yet! Plus the cockpit finally has space for two pilots/drivers + Veers, as there should be :sweet: Speaking of whom: the repurposing of the Mudtrooper helmet is a great idea, much better than the version we’ve had before :thumbup: