MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I wouldn't have minded getting Nute, but oh well. I'm not going to get my hopes up for anything more than Anakin and R2 until we hear otherwise.

1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Just saw that. Seemed sorta legit to me. The interceptor was in a different position than it was on the 2012 green version, so it wasn't just a photoshop. I should've saved it

i don't know why it never occured to me that the interceptor could be green, but yeah it's probably fake. Someone with the set could have just taken a picture and photoshopped it.

1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Theres still hope for Rex!:laugh:

He could also be in the AAT, I think it's very likely he or ahsoka will show up.

1 hour ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I messaged Childish Landino and he said it’s fake.

Good. 

8 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

-Any of the remaining 20th Anniversary sets (except Slave I)

Haha, very true. That set will end up retiring with like 1 or 2 10% off or less discounts in its history.

4 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I messaged Childish Landino and he said it’s fake.

Thank goodness. That's probably why it wasn't up for very long. Someone was probably trying to make it seem legitimate. Still hope for Rex!

Edited by HutchProDucktions
forgot to put in "discounts"

I had something written out about why it could be either the green or yellow, but Landino confirmed via his instagram that it is indeed yellow. 

So, while I still am skeptical we're getting more than two figure, I would guess that the possibility of Rex being a third minifigure is back on the table.

Edited by Kit Figsto

23 hours ago, azzer86 said:

Are there any rumours on which sets are on sale during the May 4th promo? Particularly the ROS wave.

I seem to recall previous years did a daily set at heavy discount and others more general. One year even had a leaked list of discounted sets? (I could be getting this mixed up with previous Black Friday events)

The sets on sale in Australia are just the 3 Action Battles, Droid Commander, and Pasaana Chase at 20% discount. Obviously it changes in each country but that’s an example.  

13 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

The sets on sale in Australia are just the 3 Action Battles, Droid Commander, and Pasaana Chase at 20% discount. Obviously it changes in each country but that’s an example.  

It seems most of Europe will have these sets, as well as:

• 75242 Black Ace TIE Interceptor
  • LEGO Star Wars Notebook with Gel Pen
  • 20th Anniversary Darth Vader™ Link Watch

Unclear what the exact discount %s will be, but the Action Battle sets are already discounted 15%.

Is the US getting a sale at all? I don't see any mention of it on their May the 4th page, whereas there is a panel on other country's pages...

Are we (in Europe)  getting star wars sets meant for August  in June too, like with the other themes? 

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

Thanks for the info. Might be money saved for me if it's the same here. The GWP doesn't interest me, but can't really justify the full price with SW sets anymore unless it's a UCS or a "must have".

The at-pt and slave 1 are sold out in the UK - maybe that's a marker for the sale tomorrow (reserving stock?). Could be wrong.

I got slave 1 last year at 40% off so that's one less to buy.

Wow, those are terribly lame sales! I hope that's just the beginning and other sets will go on sale later in the weekend.

3 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Are we (in Europe)  getting star wars sets meant for August  in June too, like with the other themes? 

I'm about 99% sure you aren't. Only recent star wars wave I can think of that released later in the US than most countries was first wave of 2017, the sets haven't leaked yet unlike all the other june themes, and no one here's said anything about it.

2 hours ago, azzer86 said:

That's an incredible deal, how'd you get it?

2 hours ago, autolycus said:

Wow, those are terribly lame sales! I hope that's just the beginning and other sets will go on sale later in the weekend.

We in the US might not even get that, unfortunately.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm sure the Action Battle sets will be on sale. They've been on sale several times before. I was really hoping for Tantive IV. They've often had a May 4 deal on the previous year's UCS set. If the sale looks like this in the US though, I will probably order one helmet and a battle pack or microfighter to get to the $75 mark and call it for the weekend.

Just now, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Uh.. Falconfan just posted a picture of Ahsoka and Maul dueling on his story with no writing or anything, just an image. Normally that's how he teases stuff.... 

Out of interest, what sort of things has he teased before?

Edited by Procrastinathan

8 minutes ago, Procrastinathan said:

Out of interest, what sort of things has he teased before?

Tons of things, he's one of the most reliable leakers out there

22 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Uh.. Falconfan just posted a picture of Ahsoka and Maul dueling on his story with no writing or anything, just an image. Normally that's how he teases stuff.... 

Interesting. With any luck, it’ll be next year’s $20 duel set. 

Just now, NeutralNoodle said:

Interesting. With any luck, it’ll be next year’s $20 duel set. 

That would be lovely, but have we ever had a non-UCS set hinted at that far in advance?

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Because the US have it so hard when it comes to Lego :tongue:*huh*:wink:

1 minute ago, Procrastinathan said:

That would be lovely, but have we ever had a non-UCS set hinted at that far in advance?

I personally think he’s not hinting at anything, but if he is it might be because he’s recently acquired rumours relating to 2021. Could also be the Summer Set we don’t know but that’s unlikely imo.

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Could also be the Summer Set we don’t know but that’s unlikely imo.

Well theoretically it could be the Nightbrother with Ahsoka and Maul's duel as a small sidethingy

49 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I really hope this is an actual hint, anything with either Ahsoka or Rex would be great and Maul would be icing on the cake.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:
5 hours ago, azzer86 said:

That's an incredible deal, how'd you get it?

It was a flash Amazon UK sale. Didn't stay that price for long... It sold out within a few hours. 

As I had no interest in the anniversary Leia figure, I sold it on and "reduced" the cost of that set to me even more.