MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

46 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

The Target retail exclusive in 2018 or 2019 (I forgot) was an Imperial Landing Craft, which we hadn't had since 2007, was only featured in the special editions of ANH and has approximately 5 seconds of screen time, so I think all possibilities are on the table.

To be pedantic it also featured in Rebels with considerably more screen time.

1 minute ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Super fake leak for the figures of Grievous' Starfighter is up. Don't fall for it:laugh:

The ONLY thing that makes me give a slight bit of credence to this is it reminds me of the new lightsaber hilt for Maul. That pic was definitely on the crappy side too but ended up being real. Not getting my hopes up too much though lol.

13 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

The ONLY thing that makes me give a slight bit of credence to this is it reminds me of the new lightsaber hilt for Maul. That pic was definitely on the crappy side too but ended up being real. Not getting my hopes up too much though lol.

Nah it's 100% fake. A guy with 1 follower posts a "leak" with the 3 figures of a new set with the only new character being disassembled and placed in such a way that it's impossible to see who he's supposed to be. And when he gets too much comments saying it's fake he quickly deleted the post a reuploaded it.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Nah it's 100% fake. A guy with 1 follower posts a "leak" with the 3 figures of a new set with the only new character being disassembled and placed in such a way that it's impossible to see who he's supposed to be. And when he gets too much comments saying it's fake he quickly deleted the post a reuploaded it.

Not to mention grevious is supposed to be a tan version of the current white design, isn't he?

(I know a tan grevious exists, I'm referring to the printing)

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not to mention grevious is supposed to be a tan version of the current white design, isn't he?

(I know a tan grevious exists, I'm referring to the printing)

Yep it's meant to be tan.

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

It is? I didn't even know that xD. That's gonna be interesting.

Tan would suggest this is a clone wars set. (I don't think this is a spoiler but just in case:

Spoiler

however, since we're at about the time of grievous's death and he's been in the show for approximately 3 seconds during a montage, it wouldn't be a S7 set.

I don't think this helps us with guessing the other figure anyway.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Tan would suggest this is a clone wars set. (I don't think this is a spoiler but just in case:

Reveal hidden contents

however, since we're at about the time of grievous's death and he's been in the show for approximately 3 seconds during a montage, it wouldn't be a S7 set.

I don't think this helps us with guessing the other figure anyway.

Well, given that the Soulless One has never appeared (to my knowledge) outside of ROTS or EU sources, it's got to be a ROTS set.

We also know from Stonewars that it's (a) a clone, (b) a colored clone,

And we know from @Hoth Rebel that it's not Commander Cody.

Leaving us with either a normal 212th, or an Airborne Trooper.

Also,

Spoiler

Even though I'll hear several comments to the nay anyway about "not an officer", it's not Boil. It can't be Boil since he hasn't been seen on Utapau, and he hasn't appeared in Season 7. Lastly, it could be another 501st member (ARC Trooper, wink wink), as while the clone is from a special unit, no one said it was orange, but it is most likely just another 212th Trooper.

Also also, I don't know about anyone else, but Grievous has always looked more tan than white to me (especially ROTS Grievous). He was white in the 2003 Clone Wars, but turned out more tan in the movie.

2b3c91aa68262f101ab611d5e3a36321.jpg

44 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Well, given that the Soulless One has never appeared (to my knowledge) outside of ROTS or EU sources, it's got to be a ROTS set.

Also,

Reveal hidden contents

Even though I'll hear several comments to the nay anyway about "not an officer", it's not Boil. It can't be Boil since he hasn't been seen on Utapau, and he hasn't appeared in Season 7. Lastly, it could be another 501st member (ARC Trooper, wink wink), as while the clone is from a special unit, no one said it was orange, but it is most likely just another 212th Trooper.

Soulless One appeared in season 1 of TCW and an unfinished story reel, "Crisis on Utapau". Both, TCW and the story reels, are canon.

Edited by Brickadeer

48 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Also also, I don't know about anyone else, but Grievous has always looked more tan than white to me (especially ROTS Grievous). He was white in the 2003 Clone Wars, but turned out more tan in the movie.

Yep he's always seemed more tan to me, so a new version in tan but with the non-CW printing is a welcome update to me.

Just now, Brickadeer said:

Soulless One appeared in season 1 of TCW and an unfinished story reel, "Crisis on Utapau".

Was it in "Lair of Grievous"? I might have to rewatch that episode.

I never finished the story reels, so I guess there's that.

Either way, it's still ROTS, unless Anakin's the third figure... :grin:

3 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

Both, TCW and the story reels, are canon.

I know. I meant EU as in Legends/Disney comics/books.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'm guessing another 212th, which is fine by me, they're about the cost of the set they came in nowadays. I remember I had 3 copies of the set, but all I can find is an airbourne and my 212th helmet that has the printing on the back.

he does look a bit tan in that image, I always remembered him as white in ROTS, I might have to rewatch it. A quick google search shows that on utapau he looks white to me, but he's more tan in the shots on the ship. I think it's just a lighting thing. Whatever the color, we've already had the white one in some cheap sets, so I'm glad we're getting a tan one with the non-cartoony face.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Was it in "Lair of Grievous"? I might have to rewatch that episode.

I never finished the story reels, so I guess there's that.

Either way, it's still ROTS, unless Anakin's the third figure... :grin:

I know. I meant EU as in Legends/Disney comics/books.

Due to wookieepedia, Soulless One appeared in the following episodes:

1. Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destroy Malevolence"
  2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
  3. Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
  4. Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lair of Grievous"
  5. Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Big Bang"
Edited by Brickadeer

13 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

I remember "Destroy Malevolence" now that you mention it. But even so, it's pretty unlikely that it's TCW related, as the one in 2010 was from Lair of Grievous (with Vebb and the doctor droid). I've noticed that some TCW sets followed a pattern of Movie-Show-Movie (AT-TE, LAAT, Juggernaut, etc.) so I assume that will be the case with Soulless One.

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I remember "Destroy Malevolence" now that you mention it. But even so, it's pretty unlikely that it's TCW related, as the one in 2010 was from Lair of Grievous (with Vebb and the doctor droid). I've noticed that some TCW sets followed a pattern of Movie-Show-Movie (AT-TE, LAAT, Juggernaut, etc.) so I assume that will be the case with Soulless One.

That's an interesting pattern that is supported other vehicles like the AT-RT (only counting the ones where the AT-RT is the focal point of the set and not the small ones in the juggernauts), which I believe is due to the average cycle of sets meaning that they got theri debut set alongside their film, and then the average rerelease time as during the clone wars frenzy of 2008-2013, then their next set was after the show "ended".

Are there any rumours on which sets are on sale during the May 4th promo? Particularly the ROS wave.

I seem to recall previous years did a daily set at heavy discount and others more general. One year even had a leaked list of discounted sets? (I could be getting this mixed up with previous Black Friday events)

9 minutes ago, azzer86 said:

Are there any rumours on which sets are on sale during the May 4th promo? Particularly the ROS wave.

I seem to recall previous years did a daily set at heavy discount and others more general. One year even had a leaked list of discounted sets? (I could be getting this mixed up with previous Black Friday events)

I suspect they'll just match the sets that have been on sale through Amazon and other retailers (at least in the US).  

My predictions are:

-Resistance A-Wing Starfighter
-Resistance Y-Wing Starfighter
-Pasaana Speeder Chase
-Those missile-shooter Action Battle sets will almost certainly be on sale
-AT-AP Walker
-Black Ace and Vonreg's TIE
-Most of the 4+ sets
-Any of the remaining 20th Anniversary sets (except Slave I)
-Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
-Keychains, holiday tags, etc.
-Any of the remaining Brickheadz

Maybe I'm being generous, but that's my guess.

The three helmets are still out of stock (at least in Europe). That’s a shame since it could have been a good purchase to get the GWP.

3 hours ago, storskogen said:

The three helmets are still out of stock (at least in Europe). That’s a shame since it could have been a good purchase to get the GWP.

I'm shocked, honestly.  In the United States they have been consistently available from LEGO Shop, and I even saw them fully stocked at Target when I had to go buy out to food and I "accidentally" walked past the LEGO aisle.  Well, across the pond from you, we get the Harry Potter sets two months later, so we may never know how The LEGO Group determines its stock choices.

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I suspect they'll just match the sets that have been on sale through Amazon and other retailers (at least in the US).  
My predictions are:
*snip*
Maybe I'm being generous, but that's my guess.

This seems likely. Stuff from a few waves ago, the action battle sets, and 4+ all seem likely. Personally I just hope we get a good sale on the AT-AP.

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

AT-AP Walker

On my list to get if it's on a good discount. It's been in my Amazon watch list for over a year and not had the 40% off you sometimes get. Rarely seen it below £60.

Also plan on sith tie and Poe xwing, but doubt they'll be discounted this year.

Anakin’s Jedi Interceptor leaked on Instagram but it has mysteriously vanished. It was the dark green version from Mustafar and included three minifigures. The box was very blurry though just like the Grievous set but it could be fake. Take this with a grain of salt. 

Just now, NeutralNoodle said:

Anakin’s Jedi Interceptor leaked on Instagram but it has mysteriously vanished. It was the dark green version from Mustafar and included three minifigures. The box was very blurry though just like the Grievous set but it could be fake. Take this with a grain of salt. 

Just saw that. Seemed sorta legit to me. The interceptor was in a different position than it was on the 2012 green version, so it wasn't just a photoshop. I should've saved it

1 minute ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Just saw that. Seemed sorta legit to me. The interceptor was in a different position than it was on the 2012 green version, so it wasn't just a photoshop. I should've saved it

It’s back but blurry