MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

18 hours ago, jdubbs said:

These sorts of leaks come from (usually small European or Asian) resellers who load the images into their server once they receive them LEGO. If the reseller’s identity had not been broadcast to the world when these pics were first discovered, more photos might have been mined from the reseller’s site before LEGO shut it down.  But unfortunately certain “leakers” don’t think these things through in the rush to be first. So at this point you just have to wait to see if another reseller does the same. 

Man people love the leakers who find the pictures when they come up but get annoyed when there isn’t more but with this argument it’s not really true. First pictures wouldn’t be out if it were not for them in the first place so don’t blame people and second with removing things Lego has a response time once they have been notified. In this case Lego was notified before the pictures hit Instagram 

Edited by Falconfan1414

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Man people love the leakers who find the pictures when they come up but get annoyed when there isn’t more but with this argument it’s not really true. First pictures wouldn’t be out if it were not for them in the first place so don’t blame people and second with removing things Lego has a response time once they have been notified. In this case Lego was notified before the pictures hit Instagram 

Maybe you should overthink your Discord servers then, because they probably have a mole in them when the notification happened before the pictures hit Instagram

Just now, legosamsonite said:

I haven't been up to date recently, is this 100$ exclusive set a wishful rumor or leaker confirmed?

Yes, it's set 75291 and it has 775 pieces. No other information is known.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO usually sells TIE Fighters for around $80 so adding the cantinabuilding would make it around $100, I doubt many people would buy that.

As for the Darksaber I think the Clone Wars version is the best we'll get, I wouldn't be surprised if they just give us a black katana

Seeing as the set we got a few years ago of a normal TIE was $70 with 4 figures, I could see the addition of hinges and landing gear either increasing the price or causing the removal of a figure. I think the addition of the cantina building to get it more to $100 is what he was going for, since the only 2020 set that we know is coming but don't know what it is is $100.

50 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

Yes, it's set 75291 and it has 775 pieces. No other information is known.

Correct, despite speculation we don't know what it really is, just that something is coming. Most people seem to think it's exogol or the nightbrother, but it could be literally anything lego could reasonable market at $100.

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don't have any problem with people posting the photos they find. Nor do I even care if they trickle them out bit by bit (which I understand others are particularly upset about right now). What I do find problematic is people broadcasting where they find the images, because it only ends up burning that source for future images and "leaks". 

Meh, I don't mind the wait for leaks too much, and I actually prefer if they trickle out, because everything leaking at once sort of is anticlimactic.  It's like, on one hand, we know what we've got coming for sure now, but now we have to wait a really long time before we can start figuring out what's coming next.  Although we did just have the A-Wing reveal, it feels like we haven't had anything big for a little while (since it looks pretty much like you'd expect it to), whereas the summer sets still have some potential questions around minifigures or actual contents of the sets.  So I'm definitely excited for pics to show up, whenever that may be.

So, with the leaks of most of the jurassic world sets, and one avengers set, should we be expecting to see some Star Wars sets soon? I thought I remember seeing that the super hero and Jurassic world sets were coming out in August like Star Wars. 

32 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

So, with the leaks of most of the jurassic world sets, and one avengers set, should we be expecting to see some Star Wars sets soon? I thought I remember seeing that the super hero and Jurassic world sets were coming out in August like Star Wars. 

Those are june releases

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Those are june releases

Ahhh, superhero has sets coming out in June and august. I guess that's were I got confused.

Multiple licensed themes have leaked by now, although I believe they're june releases. monkie kid is an august release but an in-house theme. So I'd say it'll be a while yet before the star wars sets leak, although I'd love nothing more than to be drastically wrong.

Has the possibility of a (FO) TIE Bomber for the $100 set already been ruled out?

The last two TIEs had 517/519 pieces for €70. 250 pieces more could make a neat bomber. The instant i saw FO one in SW:RES i wanted to have it.

28 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Has the possibility of a (FO) TIE Bomber for the $100 set already been ruled out?

The last two TIEs had 517/519 pieces for €70. 250 pieces more could make a neat bomber. The instant i saw FO one in SW:RES i wanted to have it.

We have no idea what that set is, no possibilities have been ruled out.

2 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

It's possible but I doubt it. The FO Tie Bomber has a few seconds of screentime in Resistance and appears in the Allegiance comic, that's it

2 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I didn't know it's in resistance, I watched a few episodes of the show but it wasn't for me. I did read allegiance though, and it is a pretty cool design. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see it in this wave as A: like @Guyon2002 says it is pretty obscure, and B: I don't remember many waves with multiple ships from one faction and none from the opposing, and we already have the Night Buzzard. I do hope the bomber gets a set eventually though, maybe if a new series has it.

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

I watched a few episodes of the show but it wasn't for me

Ya Resistance is pretty meh in terms of story, but it does a great job with the ship design. I didn't even like the show but would still love to see more sets based off it cause it has a lot of cool looking ships.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I didn't know it's in resistance, I watched a few episodes of the show but it wasn't for me. I did read allegiance though, and it is a pretty cool design. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll see it in this wave as A: like @Guyon2002 says it is pretty obscure, and B: I don't remember many waves with multiple ships from one faction and none from the opposing, and we already have the Night Buzzard. I do hope the bomber gets a set eventually though, maybe if a new series has it.

It's in the episodes on the water planet in season 2

4 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I swear if Lego releases a First Order one before remaking the original, I give up.

26 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I swear if Lego releases a First Order one before remaking the original, I give up.

We got one in 2003 so technically it's not like we can get the FO version before the Imperial :wink: But I know what you mean

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's in the episodes on the water planet in season 2

Thanks. I'll have to look at those, good thing the show's on Disney+

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

#wewantanewtiebomber, anyone? :laugh:. Jokes aside we totally do need a new one and I'll join you in giving up should we get a FO one before a new emprie one.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We got one in 2003 so technically it's not like we can get the FO version before the Imperial :wink: But I know what you mean

I think he said before remaking the origional.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think he said before remaking the origional.

Geez, how did I miss that.... whoopsie!

14 hours ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

No, but there could also not be ruled out to be 1000 other things so speculation at this point is totally fruitless

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

so speculation at this point is totally fruitless

But fun.

I'd buy any TIE Bomber, because of all the mass produced TIE variants, this is the only one i don't have in my collection. And i'm sure i'm not alone with that.

44 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

But fun.

I'd buy any TIE Bomber, because of all the mass produced TIE variants, this is the only one i don't have in my collection. And i'm sure i'm not alone with that.

Yeah at this point it really could be anything.  I know people have brought up possible ideas based on TROS/TCW because those are the most relevant IPs right now, but it truly could have absolutely nothing to do with those.  The Target retail exclusive in 2018 or 2019 (I forgot) was an Imperial Landing Craft, which we hadn't had since 2007, was only featured in the special editions of ANH and has approximately 5 seconds of screen time, so I think all possibilities are on the table.

2 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Yeah at this point it really could be anything.  I know people have brought up possible ideas based on TROS/TCW because those are the most relevant IPs right now, but it truly could have absolutely nothing to do with those.  The Target retail exclusive in 2018 or 2019 (I forgot) was an Imperial Landing Craft, which we hadn't had since 2007, was only featured in the special editions of ANH and has approximately 5 seconds of screen time, so I think all possibilities are on the table.

watch this set be revealed to be a constraction landspeeder.