MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

really want to know what that mystery retailer exclusive set might be.  Ah, well, time will tell!

Fingers crossed it's Exegol or The Nightbrother

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Either of these two will do :sweet:

Plot twist: it turns out to be something completely out of left field, like the Imperial Landing Craft in 2018 :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Plot twist: it turns out to be something completely out of left field, like the Imperial Landing Craft in 2018 :tongue:

That's both really disappointing and extremely realistic :laugh_hard:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

What do you mean, I would get pumped for a remake of everyone's favorite vehicle: the Tie Crawler. :hmpf:

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It has 775 pieces for 100€, so I definitely wouldn't count on Duel on Exegol set.

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It has 775 pieces for 100€, so I definitely wouldn't count on Duel on Exegol set

Well, the Death Star Final Duel was about the same part count so I wouldn't totally put it past Lego.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It has 775 pieces for 100€, so I definitely wouldn't count on Duel on Exegol set.

Final duel has 699, so why not?

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Hey, we could get something for endor, or something for the ESB anniversary!

Though clearly nightbrother is the best of any remotely realistic options.

3 hours ago, LurkingEhlek said:

What do you mean, I would get pumped for a remake of everyone's favorite vehicle: the Tie Crawler. :hmpf:

I was about to jokingly say this is non canon and suggest some other garbage TIE like the mining guild fighter, but they made a set out of a kenner prototype that wasn't even canon before disney.

Seriously, who at lego even knew about the sandspeeder, much less decided it'd make a good set?

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

because final duel was 10 euros less and had almost one hundred more less pieces. Edit: mixed up part count of final duel with upcoming retail exclusive, your point makes sense.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Please, let the Sequels die... :grin:

I do want Senate Reborn (who doesn't) but please, no Exegol set for more than like $30.

Now a Nightbrother, or something Empire related? Yes please.

But we all know what it's really going to be. :wink:

Snowspeeder Battle Pack:laugh:

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

because final duel was 10 euros less and had almost one hundred more pieces. Either of those on their own, maybe, but not both.

Whatever your logic is here, it eludes me.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Please, let the Sequels die... :grin:

I do want Senate Reborn (who doesn't) but please, no Exegol set for more than like $30.

Now a Nightbrother, or something Empire related? Yes please.

But we all know what it's really going to be. :wink:

Snowspeeder Battle Pack:laugh:

$100 for 2 snowspeeders, a sandspeeder, and a snowspeeder microfighter! No minifigures, but they're COVERED in stud shooters. :laugh:

48 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Whatever your logic is here, it eludes me.

Final duel was cheaper than  this upcoming set, but I got the numbers mixed around and thought final duel also has more parts. It does not.

I remember a long while back people were hoping that 75291 was an ARC-170, and I haven't stopped wanting it to be an ARC-170 since I read that.

23 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

I remember a long while back people were hoping that 75291 was an ARC-170, and I haven't stopped wanting it to be an ARC-170 since I read that.

I'm the guilty party that caused that. But when you get down to it the piece and size ratio does not work.

9 minutes ago, LurkingEhlek said:

I'm the guilty party that caused that. But when you get down to it the piece and size ratio does not work.

How so? Set 75191 was a one off, retail exclusive, with a similar price and piece count? There are many Lego sets that have a worse price per piece ratio than that.

7 hours ago, UberCorp said:

Well, the Death Star Final Duel was about the same part count so I wouldn't totally put it past Lego.

7 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

After Snoke' throne room which was extremely overpriced and I don't think it sold as well as it could, so another overpriced 100€ "biggest duel in the movie" type set for the sequels is not likely.

Original trilogy sets are a different thing, everyone loves OG trilogy stuff so they know it's gonna sell. After underperformance of TROS in box office, they should make it a smaller set so it sells better. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

After underperformance of TROS in box office, they should make it a smaller set so it sells better. 

In what universe is more than a billion dollars an underperformance?

On 4/21/2020 at 7:53 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Would you be able to cover whether or not they're hollow, as well as some size comparison? I'm considering getting the boba fett one, but can't get a sense of size.,,,

Some hollow space at around 3 minute 40 second mark:  

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

In a universe where the final chapter in new trilogy, the grand finale of The Skywalker Saga, where previous films made 2B and 1.3B, barely makes 1B. Movies like Captain Marvel (new franchise), Joker (R-rated movie) or Frozen II (an animated sequel) made more than FINAL CHAPTER OF THE SKYWALKER SAGA. And don't get me wrong, it's not a box office flop, it still made money, but it's definitely an underperformance.

Read this, Deadline is in process of making "the most valuable blockbuster of 2019". Don't you think that it's weird that a Star Wars movie is only 9th here? https://deadline.com/2020/04/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-movie-profit-2019-lowest-for-lucasfilm-1202915179/

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Depends how you measure performance. Definitely an argument it underperformed financially regardless of the point you make. 

Edit: Yes post above makes valid points

Edited by ArrowBricks

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In a universe where the final chapter in new trilogy, the grand finale of The Skywalker Saga, where previous films made 2B and 1.3B, barely makes 1B. Movies like Captain Marvel (new franchise), Joker (R-rated movie) or Frozen II (an animated sequel) made more than FINAL CHAPTER OF THE SKYWALKER SAGA. And don't get me wrong, it's not a box office flop, it still made money, but it's definitely an underperformance.

Read this, Deadline is in process of making "the most valuable blockbuster of 2019". Don't you think that it's weird that a Star Wars movie is only 9th here? https://deadline.com/2020/04/star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-movie-profit-2019-lowest-for-lucasfilm-1202915179/

Compared to the other movies it underperformed but I wouldn't say it's an underperfoming movie overall, it still made 1+ billion. But that's just my opinion :wink:

17 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Compared to the other movies it underperformed but I wouldn't say it's an underperfoming movie overall, it still made 1+ billion. But that's just my opinion :wink:

It underperformed as a Star Wars movie, one of the most recognisable franchises grand finale makes only 1B.

It has to be noted however that the third film in each trilogy made the least amount of money, so TROS was following the same trend as ROTJ and ROTS.

Btw, somebody here know if the brandstores will be keeping closed in may

as well or it will depend from country to country?

54 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Here in the Netherlands they will remain closed, I assume it'll be the same for the rest of the world

57 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I would imagine it will depend on what local Health Authorities are ordering.  Looks like in Canada things will stay closed, but that will go province by province due to the way our health system works.

Cheers :)