MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Am I the only one who actually prefers those kind of promos instead of minfigure polybags? Don't get me wrong, I love minfigs, but (except for Revan) none of them were really interesting tbh. Those new type of gifts will look so great together, I would love them to keep consistency with those set and release them once or twice a year with the same technique and dimensions.

I prefer this, better value overall since these sets are 20-25$ value promos, so it's a nice deal

Am I the only one who actually prefers those kind of promos instead of minfigure polybags? Don't get me wrong, I love minfigs, but (except for Revan) none of them were really interesting tbh. Those new type of gifts will look so great together, I would love them to keep consistency with those set and release them once or twice a year with the same technique and dimensions.

I prefer this, better value overall since these sets are 20-25$ value promos, so it's a nice deal

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Childish Landino has confirmed the Death Star II rumor is false

Puh, became a bit worried there!

54 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I will never understand why people would view a new UCS second Death Star as a bad thing. I just don’t get it. At all.

It doesn't matter how long ago a set was released, all remakes are awful and unholy abominations, duh.

Seriously though, I love remakes. Sure, sometimes they're worse than the original set, but it gives new fans the ability to get a set. There are certainly some sets that are remade too often (Snowspeeder, Landspeeder etc.), but a remake of the DSII is overdue IMO, and it's unfortunate that it's not happening.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:13 AM, Tanniao said:

But yes anyone knows if the UCS gunship is going to be mini-figure scale?

The previous LAATs have been about correct for rough dimensions, but the detailing isn't super accurate. The Brickvault one (which is minifig scale) is just over 1500 pieces, so I think there's a least a possibility that it could be minifig scale. If LEGO did one around that part count, that + the stand would probably come close to the A-Wing piece count.

Though we won't really know anything definitive for a while.

I will never understand why people would view a new UCS second Death Star as a bad thing. I just don’t get it. At all.

...because not everyone has the same opinion about every Star Wars ship or landmark?

A DSII remake is not inherently bad. It's just a worse option than another ship or location that hasn't yet been given the UCS treatment (or that already has), according to some.

Personally I don’t think it can be greatly improved upon with the parts currently available. Multi-dimensional curves are always hard to pull off in LEGO and A sphere that size would be either a studdy mess or a bunch of plates with gaps between them, like the last Death Star II. 

15 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

It doesn't matter how long ago a set was released, all remakes are awful and unholy abominations, duh.

Seriously though, I love remakes. Sure, sometimes they're worse than the original set, but it gives new fans the ability to get a set. There are certainly some sets that are remade too often (Snowspeeder, Landspeeder etc.), but a remake of the DSII is overdue IMO, and it's unfortunate that it's not happening.

I agree completely. Lego is on a completely different level than they were when some of these OG UCS sea came out, to the point where it’s almost like we haven’t gotten them yet. A Death Star II on the level Lego is at nowadays would be spectacular. I’m not even an OT snob, I’m more excited for the UCS Gunship than I’ve been for almost any other UCS set. I just love Star Wars. A remade Death Star II would be unbelievable. Maybe someday. 

Just now, jdubbs said:

Personally I don’t think it can be greatly improved upon with the parts currently available. Multi-dimensional curves are always hard to pull off in LEGO and A sphere that size would be either a studdy mess or a bunch of plates with gaps between them, like the last Death Star II. 

The thing is, every time I thing this way, I’m proven wrong by Lego. Truly. I didn’t think a UCS Slave I could be pulled off very well and I was proven dead wrong. I didn’t think the Millennium Falcon could look any better than the first UCS version but I was dead wrong. I think the same would happen with the second Death Star. 

Y'know, the more I look at the Grevious Starfighter set, the more I think that this is a mock up with incorrect figures and the box may be different. We've been told the set will have A. a clone and B. A tan Grevious. I'm sharpening the picture on photoshop but the figure in the middle still looks to have a purple accessory and a cloak of some sort. And Grevious looks white. So maybe im dumb, or maybe this isn't the actual set picture? Has that happened before? BTW, please don't cyberbully me just because i'm questioning what leakers said:laugh:          

Maybe the final set Has Obi, Grevious a Magnaguard AND a 212th?

PS I trust leakers, I just think that this may not be the final box design

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname
meesa made big oopsie

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Lego is on a completely different level than they were when some of these OG UCS sea came out, to the point where it’s almost like we haven’t gotten them yet.

Right on the money there. I'm holding out for TIE Interceptor and Advanced rereleases. 

1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Y'know, the more I look at the Grevious Starfighter set, the more I think that this is a mock up with incorrect figures and the box may be different. We've been told the set will have A. a clone and B. A tan Grevious. I'm sharpening the picture on photoshop but the figure in the middle still looks to have a purple accessory and a cloak of some sort. And Grevious looks white. So maybe im dumb, or maybe this isn't the actual set picture? Has that happened before? BTW, please don't cyberbully me just because i'm questioning what leakers said:laugh:          

I’ve got no insider info, so this is just a guess, but haven’t there been instances where they use either placeholder images for figures or prototypes?  That could be the case for Grievous, as far as the clone, do we actually know for sure it’s a clone?  I know we’ve been told the figure isn’t Commander Cody, but has anyone explicitly said “We’re getting a clone trooper”?  

Dumb question about semantics, I know, but if there is a Magnaguard like you’re suggesting, that actually makes a lot more sense than a random clone in my opinion.

As far as the Death Star II rumour, if it’s a strict remake I’d be dissatisfied because there’d be no interior. But we’re they to make a Death Star II remake with an interior, I’d be all over that. 

But this is all conjecture since it’s not happening anyway. 

3 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

It was released by the most reliable Lego SW leaker, it's definitely real.

7 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I don't know which leakers are more reliable than others, but good news if it is indeed false, imo. Though intriguing as to how TLG would remake this set, there are a lot more interesting vehicles and locations in the Star Wars movies than the second Death Star.

Name a more iconic or interesting set that could be a D2C (that has not been released recently) than Death Star II. There definitely are a few, but it is still iconic and would make a great set if pulled off well.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It was released by the most reliable Lego SW leaker, it's definitely real.

Did you read what I said? I know its real, but maybe it has fill in figures, as the ones shown clearly(er-as clearly as blurry can get) show figures that differ from the descriptions reliable leakers have given us.

I'm genuinely excited to find out what the 2HY D2C is. This is the first time in a long time that we don't know what's coming, and we haven't been able to guess it like we have done for the last few years. While I'm hoping for another UCS ship to add to the collection it could just as likely be anything else, here's hoping its something new and exciting. 

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

We have different kinds of priority for collecting, and mine for example is not displaying, number on for me is collecting, mocing and playing with minifigures, a Death Star II model as the previous one we hade doesn't go well with that, it just wastes a slot for something else I want

3 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Did you read what I said? I know its real, but maybe it has fill in figures, as the ones shown clearly(er-as clearly as blurry can get) show figures that differ from the descriptions reliable leakers have given us.

Oh I see what you mean now. Minifigure should be preliminary as it leaked pretty early, but the build won't change, maybe a few details max. We know what minfigures it includes so it's not really a problem.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:54 PM, jdubbs said:

The Imperial shuttle was also minifig-scale. One of the few remaining UCS sets I wouldn't mind seeing updated...

Is that a hint...

6 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I know we’ve been told the figure isn’t Commander Cody, but has anyone explicitly said “We’re getting a clone trooper”?  

Yup, we know a few things about that figure: it's a colored clonetrooper (as in it's part of one of the legions), it isn't Cody and it's not a specific character

Name a more iconic or interesting set that could be a D2C (that has not been released recently) than Death Star II. 

UCS Gonk Droid :wink:

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yup, we know a few things about that figure: it's a colored clonetrooper (as in it's part of one of the legions), it isn't Cody and it's not a specific character

You're right. We need a UCS Gonk Droid, it's like the best set they could make. He would look amazing on display along with 27.678 pieces Super Mega Ultimate Collector's Edition Jar Jar Binks set.

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Right on the money there. I'm holding out for TIE Interceptor and Advanced rereleases. 

Same! Really want those. Imperial Shuttle as well

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

13 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

I think people either see all these constant -speeder remakes and generalize that all remakes are bad. The DS2 is really expensive nowadays and could totally be improved, so it'd make a nice new set. We know the gunship isn't coming until at least 2021, so prequel and sequel UCS probably won't come out until LEGO gauges the success of the gunship, and the only major OT vehicles we haven't already gotten are the AT-AT and the landspeeder, one of which would be nice but draw endless complaints that it's not as good as cavegod's massive model and the other one being the landspeeder.

I guess rebel capital ships too, but lego doesn't seem to want to make those. All we've had it a set of the interior and the pelta-class from rebels.

9 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I’ve got no insider info, so this is just a guess, but haven’t there been instances where they use either placeholder images for figures or prototypes?  That could be the case for Grievous, as far as the clone, do we actually know for sure it’s a clone?  I know we’ve been told the figure isn’t Commander Cody, but has anyone explicitly said “We’re getting a clone trooper”?  

The thing about grevious actually makes alot of sense, same with the possibility of four figures. If you think about it, we usually get 4 figures in these $70-90 starfighter sets. the 2 most recent x-wings, 2 of the 3 most recent TIE fighters, etc all have four figures. But yes, there is a "colored clone trooper" in the set, I think according to stonewars.de?

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Only if we get a GONK battle pack alongside it :grin: It'd be a new design with clips on the side to hold those stupid stud guns.