MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The box is gorgeous. Are Lego putting 18+ on all the sets designed for AFOLs/display now? As for the model itself it looks OK but a little ‘chubby’ to me if I’m being critical. Based on the RZ-1design the nose comes to a much narrower point, the Lego model ends abruptly. 

2 hours ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I get that, but at this point its been established that a UCS set is $199 or higher.

I don’t think he’s surprised. He’s saying he disagrees with it.

No idea if the price is considered steep on this because I can’t gauge its size properly for some reason, but I dig the build. I feel that since I need to break out a picture to compare proportions and can’t tell if anything’s wrong by myself, I’d say the designer did a great job :grin:

Edited by Bartybum

Not impressed by the A-Wing to be honest, but that may be more to do with me not liking the ship design that much (plus I prefer the brutalist design of the Imperial forces anyway).

Happy to save my money.

$330 dollarydoos for that!! I could almost get some jousting sticks for that.

Really though the build is excellent and I think will look better than the photos make it appear. I had hoped that Nien Numb was included and I like the symmetry between the last A-wing and this one’s set numbers (75175 - 75275).

Now can we get an improved X-wing next year?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Rex makes more sense to be in any given cato neimoidia set since he'll be present at the battle, but I agree ahsoka is also very likely, and if it's between ahsoka and rex they'd probably choose ahsoka. That said, the two of them are the poster characters for TCW, and it'd be sad if they don't both show in the wave for the final season. Hopefully, either they're both in the tank or that possible other set someone mentioned has one, but to be honest I'd be fine with getting either ahsoka or any clone besides the ones in the other sets.

I was honestly expecting Rex in the 501 set, that way they could put Ahsoka with the AAT, and we get the four main characters across the four prequel sets this wave. 

22 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

10225 is one of those funny sets that you can often get on the secondary market at a cheaper price than when it first came out. The last thing we need is another UCS X-Wing, especially when there’s still a few OT ships that haven’t been released yet. There’s also many more sets that deserve a remake before the X-Wing. 

36 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

10225 is one of those funny sets that you can often get on the secondary market at a cheaper price than when it first came out. The last thing we need is another UCS X-Wing, especially when there’s still a few OT ships that haven’t been released yet. There’s also many more sets that deserve a remake before the X-Wing. 

Well I for one can never have enough X-wings. However, I agree that other vehicles are deserving of as UCS versions as well. I just meant that the other 3 UCS Rebel starfighters are better renditions than 10225. 

Will 75275 be the only UCS set released this year?

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

$330 dollarydoos for that!! I could almost get some jousting sticks for that.

Really though the build is excellent and I think will look better than the photos make it appear. I had hoped that Nien Numb was included and I like the symmetry between the last A-wing and this one’s set numbers (75175 - 75275).

If we get a 3rd UCS x-wing before a Tie Bomber, AT-AT, hell I'd go a U-Wing, ARC-170 as well before another one. 

I look forward to adding that A-wing box to my storage unit. Looks fantastic enough for a official set though Anio’s is still on the list to build.

1 hour ago, Paul11283652 said:

I like the symmetry between the last A-wing and this one’s set numbers (75175 - 75275).

I thought the same thing when I finally noticed the set number, also because 75175 was an odissey to get here in Europe at the time, so it's a number I'll remember for a long time :D
I must say that I like the final result, but it's not the set for me seeing as I don't have the interest nor the funds to buy UCS ships, much preferring to stay at play- and minfig- scale.
Anyway, I checked a couple of comments sections about the A-Wing while playing @jdubbs complaint bingo, and the most points go to the 200$ price point, followed by confused comments about the LAAT Gunship UCS. Third place to the lack of pieces (usually comparing it to the latest ideas pirates set) but I found only onecomment explicitly citing ppp. Weirdly I found no complaints about the studs (too many or too few showing), nor lamenting the lack of figs or the colour, which prevents me to have a complete slip :D

To the scale guys,  is this scaled to ucs xwing, bwing, tie, episode 2 obiwan Jedi starfighter?

2 hours ago, dljbae said:

To the scale guys,  is this scaled to ucs xwing, bwing, tie, episode 2 obiwan Jedi starfighter?

It's probably scaled to $200 price. Lego doesn't have a scale for UCS sets, they just make the most they can make for the price they have.

Looks like the 501st is just loosely based on season 7, I guess spoilers but

Spoiler

the ATRT and BARC speeders didn't appear in the bridge battle and weren't transported to Mandalore either

I’d be okay getting a captain vaughn for now from the newest episode if LEGO still wants to wait on Cody his armor is very similar.Actually please put him or Cody in the AAT set LEGO lol either will do.

Edited by Displayedaction

6 minutes ago, Displayedaction said:

I’d be okay getting a captain vaughn for now from the newest episode if LEGO still wants to wait on Cody his armor is very similar.Actually please put him or Cody in the AAT set LEGO lol either will do.

Captain Vaughn looks nothing like Cody. His body armor is 501st and his helmet has the 332th Ahsoka paintjob, aside from the paintcolor on the helmet and the fact they're both clones there are no similarities

Edited by Guyon2002

18 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Captain Vaughn looks nothing like Cody. His body armor is 501st and his helmet has the 332th Ahsoka paintjob, aside from the paintcolor on the helmet and the fact they're both clones there are no similarities

What?He literally has the visor with flood light,helmet antennas backpack rank logo on his chest plate and shoulder antenna he’s just a different color.Plus the difference in the breathing area located below the mouth of the helmet.

Edited by Displayedaction

10 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

The next ship should be the Republic Gunship which I'm super excited about.

1 hour ago, gotoAndLego said:

The next ship should be the Republic Gunship which I'm super excited about.

LEGO said to expect updates about the Gunship in 2021. So, don't expect it to be the next UCS set.

11 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I was honestly expecting Rex in the 501 set, that way they could put Ahsoka with the AAT, and we get the four main characters across the four prequel sets this wave. 

Same here, I kept saying I thought we'd see something like rex, 501st jet/normal 212th trooper, and 2 501st troopers. I'm fine with it though. makes them better for army-building, I just hope he's in another set this wave. I never liked how much tan was on the last one.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's probably scaled to $200 price. Lego doesn't have a scale for UCS sets, they just make the most they can make for the price they have.

That's a good way of explaining it, lego scales their sets to the price they have.

Come to think of it, that could explain some non-UCS sets too (AT-RT, anyone :grin:)

Okay, I am in love with the A-Wing and I sincerely hope that the LEGO website doesn't crash any more than usual on May 1. 

However...am I the only one who doesn't like the new box art?  It looks like the "Black Series" action figures, which I am sure was an intentional choice by Disney to unify their high-end licensed toys, but it just looks...ominous to me.  The UCS Y-Wing/Falcon box design was my favorite.

BrickLink - Original Box 75181-1 : Lego Y-Wing Starfighter - UCS ...

Now that episode 9's out, I'm going to hazard a guess that we'll get Rex in the Interceptor, and Ahsoka + 332nd Trooper in the AAT. Then in 2021 we'll get a Battle Pack with Vaughn, Jesse, and 2x 332nd Troopers.

That way, we (a) get the team together again, one last time, :cry_happy: (b) get the more desirable clones (sans Jesse) in this wave, with the possibility of completing the 501st with a Battle Pack next year. I'll be utterly shocked if we don't see everyone in this wave (i.e. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Rex). And given how popular clone battle packs are (y'know, the $15 ones :laugh:) I wouldn't be surprised to see the 332nd get their own Battle Pack.

Spoiler

As an aside: Now that Rex's a commander, will Jesse be promoted to Captain? Therefore Lego'll give him to us without breaking any unspoken rules? And since Vaughn is a captain, will we get him in a future set? Those are rhetorical questions, but I hope the answer turns out to be yes.

Edited by ARC2149Nova
Added spoiler tags

I wouldn't expect Jesse or Vaughn to be in any sets, if they aren't going to make that helmet mold for Cody, they definitely aren't going to make it for a clone in one episode of the show. Plus Lego has only made one named clone that isn't an officer, and with Jesse being an ARC trooper he isn't in that category.

I really like the A-Wing. I won't pick it up for May the 4th but I'll get it eventually. I was hoping for another figure besides just Crynyd but I didn't really expect one.