MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Woah, pretty good rendition. Very sleek. But for what will probably be 250CAD at least, I'll wait for a discount or until I've got enough VIP points.

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

if we get a hero character... it'd be Ahsoka

Agreed. She's really the only main CW character who hasn't gotten a fig recently (her last prequel era version was 2013 IIRC) + she's the focus of the recent CW content. A named character is a possibility since the other blue AAT we got had Yoda but that set was bigger so its probable that it doesn't include any.

That's a classy looking box - I expect the RRP will reflect that!

Very impressed though, definitely one for the UCS collection :wub::wub::wub:

That looks really cool. I bet that will looks so good on shelves, I love how that display stand for ship is a little tilted down, gives it a very unique look. 

40 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

No good deals to get it via Bricklink etc? 

Resistance B-Wing more likely probably but that’s just my opinion.

No great deals that I've seen, but if you keep your eyes open you might find something.  :classic:

And I'd be fine with a Resistance B-Wing, I honestly couldn't tell the difference in the movie.  

Just now, RogueTwo said:

No great deals that I've seen, but if you keep your eyes open you might find something.  :classic:

And I'd be fine with a Resistance B-Wing, I honestly couldn't tell the difference in the movie.  

Once I get space and money (uni student right now) might have to get the A-Wing when it’s discounted to start my UCS collection off... any tips on finding deals? 

I said the Gunship would be my first UCS... may have to eat those words :laugh:

While the sloping is a tad off on the sides, it's a beautiful rendition of the craft! The split in the nose, the dorsal "fin", and the engines are perfect. Could be less bulky, but I think that's a yes from me.

Even the new windshield (?) is perfectly shaped! I always thought the older models (pre-2013) had the right idea for the cockpit, and this confirms it. Now I'll just need to buy the Y-Wing and have my two favorite OT craft in the UCS scale.

5 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Once I get space and money (uni student right now) might have to get the A-Wing when it’s discounted to start my UCS collection off... any tips on finding deals? 

Amazon is usually good with finding sets at discount. I've never done it personally, but it's an option. Don't know if UCS sets are often on there, though.

Amazing looking set! And the new box art style is just lovely :wub:

Oh, and according to brick fanatics, the GWP set is a Death Star II Battle: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-may-the-fourth-promotions-revealed/

I wonder what that GWP is like... If it's in the same style as the previous two, it's probably a trench-run of sorts? In that case, a Death Star I version would have been more iconic, obviously :tongue:

51 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Very sleek.

Please tell me the address of your ophtalmologist so that I never get there.

Its a nice looking set don’t get me wrong but to me it’s a bit small for $200 and I usually don’t complain about pricing. Like at $150 - $175 i would consider it but it’s just not a set imo that needs a UCS rendition. 

Honestly the first thing I thought when I saw the A-Wing was how can I fit that cockpit piece on my UCS B-Wing lol. 

It is a sweet model though in my opinion. Looks great. 

Edited by kylendm

Just now, RODDY said:

Its a nice looking set don’t get me wrong but to me it’s a bit small for $200 and I usually don’t complain about pricing. Like at $150 - $175 i would consider it but it’s just not a set imo that needs a UCS rendition. 

I get that, but at this point its been established that a UCS set is $199 or higher. Its within 50 pieces of the Snowspeeder and basically the same size. And if they are going to pump out 1-2 UCS a year some vehicles just have to be scaled differently. Maybe you can get it on sale!

25 minutes ago, Anio said:

Please tell me the address of your ophtalmologist so that I never get there.

Nope, that doesn't sound like sour grapes, not at all.

Just now, jdubbs said:

not at all.

Precisely.

I love that TLG doesn't excessively rely on wedge plates to give the A-Wing its triangular shape. It finds the middle ground between fully tiled-up and studs galore, which reminds me of 75192. The outer texture ends up looking more diverse and less monotone than in other UCS renditions of this set. 

Looks better than I expected. Looking forward to comparison pics with the other UCS rebel ships.

That's a wonderful recreation. I'm interested to see what the GWP will turn out like.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Amazing looking set! And the new box art style is just lovely :wub:

Oh, and according to brick fanatics, the GWP set is a Death Star II Battle: https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-may-the-fourth-promotions-revealed/

I wonder what that GWP is like... If it's in the same style as the previous two, it's probably a trench-run of sorts? In that case, a Death Star I version would have been more iconic, obviously :tongue:

Not suprised that there is a build rather than a minifig polybag, but disapointed though? Someone has heard or asked why they seem to have stopped with the minifigure promotions? Could it be related to Hasbros new license? 

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Not suprised that there is a build rather than a minifig polybag, but disapointed though? Someone has heard or asked why they seem to have stopped with the minifigure promotions? Could it be related to Hasbros new license? 

The last polybag figure was from Solo, almost two years ago, so I don't think Hasbro's new license had anything to do with it, since that was just finalized a few months ago. 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks great imo but it'll be a skip for me

Same here. looks great, very sleek, balance between studs/tiles, reasonably priced, etc, I just don't have too much interest in UCS given they tend to be really expensive.

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

My gut's telling me that if we get a hero character (like, not just a random clone, but a named hero, since I'd expect at the bare minimum we get a clone instead of a name character), it'd be Ahsoka, because they know people (myself included, lol) will justify spending $40 to get a set for Ahsoka that they may not buy otherwise.  Rex is a very popular character too, but I wonder if including him is redundant since we're getting three other figures that look very similar in a cheaper set.  Could be wishful thinking, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Rex makes more sense to be in any given cato neimoidia set since he'll be present at the battle, but I agree ahsoka is also very likely, and if it's between ahsoka and rex they'd probably choose ahsoka. That said, the two of them are the poster characters for TCW, and it'd be sad if they don't both show in the wave for the final season. Hopefully, either they're both in the tank or that possible other set someone mentioned has one, but to be honest I'd be fine with getting either ahsoka or any clone besides the ones in the other sets.

So yup, death star 2 battle is GWP. I wonder what it'll look like, there's no iconic trench run. I guess it makes sense since it's where the A-wing first appeared and is most well known for being in, but I do wish we'd start getting figures again.