MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Since the reveal of the UCS A-Wing is imminent, here is a handy-dandy checklist for you to craft your complaints!

[*snip*

You’re welcome.

This is hilarious. A few months ago I would have thought that this was just a joke, but the razorcrest and 501st sets have taught me there is nothing people won't complain about. I'll take @ToaDraco's advice and ready my bingo card.

Side note, are you confirming it's dark red or just using it because it's the most likely color?

13 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Since the reveal of the UCS A-Wing is imminent, here is a handy-dandy checklist for you to craft your complaints!

[...]

Oh, jdubbs, could you please confirm how imminent?  I suppose I should just relax, since it will be sometime within the next two weeks... :blush:

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Side note, are you confirming it's dark red or just using it because it's the most likely color?

There's no way it won't be dark red.  Dark red is the only color A-Wing that ever appeared in the OT, and as much as I liked Rebels and the Sequel Trilogy, they would be a poor gamble for a UCS.  Also, the pilot minifigure that leaked on Instagram is a Return of the Jedi pilot.  Plus, jdubbs seems to have some inside intel.  So I'd say it's 99.7% confirmed to be dark red.  :wink:

13 hours ago, jdubbs said:

[  ] WHY ISN’T IT {Insert your color here}?!? Did it have to be dark red? I have some dark red bricks that broke! I wanted it to be {blue/green/turquoise} to match {whatever obscure Legends variant I prefer}!

I appreciate fully that this is humor, but blue and green Awings are Canon, not Legends, obscure? Yes

28 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

There's no way it won't be dark red.  Dark red is the only color A-Wing that ever appeared in the OT, and as much as I liked Rebels and the Sequel Trilogy, they would be a poor gamble for a UCS.  Also, the pilot minifigure that leaked on Instagram is a Return of the Jedi pilot.  Plus, jdubbs seems to have some inside intel.  So I'd say it's 99.7% confirmed to be dark red.  :wink:

There were green ones in return of the jedi, we've even gotten a green awing in a ROTJ set before

https://brickset.com/sets/7754-1/Home-One-Mon-Calamari-Star-Cruiser

But yeah, I definitely expect it to be red

Just now, legosamsonite said:

There were green ones in return of the jedi, we've even gotten a green awing in a ROTJ set before

https://brickset.com/sets/7754-1/Home-One-Mon-Calamari-Star-Cruiser

But yeah, I definitely expect it to be red

Even though it does appear in toy form in a few places I´m pretty sure all the A-Wings in ROTJ were red

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Even though it does appear in toy form in a few places I´m pretty sure all the A-Wings in ROTJ were red

That was my understanding as well.

Just now, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You can see green ones at 2:00 and 5:20 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f38a6pYL_jE There aren't that many clear shots of them, but they're definitely in there.

I will have to take your word for it, because I still can't see them.  That may just be my poor eyesight, though.  :laugh:

42 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You can see green ones at 2:00 and 5:20 in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f38a6pYL_jE There aren't that many clear shots of them, but they're definitely in there.

Ah, thank you. They are there but they really are those ''blink and you'll miss it'' kind of vehicles

36 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I will have to take your word for it, because I still can't see them.  That may just be my poor eyesight, though.  :laugh:

At 2:00 the green A-Wing is coming from the mid-left flying right over Home One, slow the video down to 0,25 speed and you'll definetely see it. At 5:20 it's to the right of the X-Wing

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Ah, thank you. They are there but they really are those ''blink and you'll miss it'' kind of vehicles

At 2:00 the green A-Wing is coming from the mid-left flying right over Home One, slow the video down to 0,25 speed and you'll definetely see it. At 5:20 it's to the right of the X-Wing

They're both red. It's hard to tell because of the lighting, but they are dark red. It's the whole "Blue vs gray" situation but with A-Wings.

For people who think the A-wing could be underwhelming, or high cost, low piece count etc. They could add the pieces to allow you to choose between two colors. It would never happen, but would make it more interesting for sure, and only if it still cost $200 :classic:

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Yeah, makes sense, I personally have no interest in buying a UCS A-wing but it's nice to know it'll be the classic dark red.

14 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

For people who think the A-wing could be underwhelming, or high cost, low piece count etc. They could add the pieces to allow you to choose between two colors. It would never happen, but would make it more interesting for sure, and only if it still cost $200 :classic:

Given @jdubbs complaint bingo, I doubt it'll come with parts for multiple colors.

Given that the AAT is almost certainly based on the battle of Cato Neimoidia, I'm eager to see the figure selection. I think the best case scenario is rex, "worst" case for republic is another 501st. I highly doubt that it'd be another anakin or kenobi, or that there wouldn't be any "good guys" at all.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

That A-Wing actually looks a lot better than I was expecting but it's not high enough on my priority list that I'll be able to justify spending the $200 on it before it retires.

On 4/14/2020 at 2:48 PM, HothFan1987 said:

My understanding was that the official A-Wing reveal was scheduled for this Friday originally so I’d expect leaks to happen any day soon. 

Thursday evening / Friday - close enough.

I like the set I think it looks good, but I won't be getting it.

Looks solid. Props to Lego. 

Would buy the set if I had a fleet to actually complete. Imagine UCS collectors are satisfied with this. 

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

Looks solid. Props to Lego. 

Would buy the set if I had a fleet to actually complete. Imagine UCS collectors are satisfied with this. 

Indeed! After getting this, I still need the B-Wing, so now I have to wait for that re-issue. Have to start somewhere!

Just now, Frizzlefry25 said:

Indeed! After getting this, I still need the B-Wing, so now I have to wait for that re-issue. Have to start somewhere!

The B-Wing is my missing link, as well, but I don't think it's ever going to be re-released as a UCS.  The first one sold so badly that it was discounted by 50% within a year.  So don't hold out hope.  On the other hand, a new System-scale version must surely be imminent!  

Just now, RogueTwo said:

The B-Wing is my missing link, as well, but I don't think it's ever going to be re-released as a UCS.  The first one sold so badly that it was discounted by 50% within a year.  So don't hold out hope.  On the other hand, a new System-scale version must surely be imminent!  

No good deals to get it via Bricklink etc? 

Resistance B-Wing more likely probably but that’s just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Given that the AAT is almost certainly based on the battle of Cato Neimoidia, I'm eager to see the figure selection. I think the best case scenario is rex, "worst" case for republic is another 501st. I highly doubt that it'd be another anakin or kenobi, or that there wouldn't be any "good guys" at all.

My gut's telling me that if we get a hero character (like, not just a random clone, but a named hero, since I'd expect at the bare minimum we get a clone instead of a name character), it'd be Ahsoka, because they know people (myself included, lol) will justify spending $40 to get a set for Ahsoka that they may not buy otherwise.  Rex is a very popular character too, but I wonder if including him is redundant since we're getting three other figures that look very similar in a cheaper set.  Could be wishful thinking, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as the A-Wing, it does look very, very nice.  I don't have any UCS ships and I don't see myself buying this, but it definitely looks good.  Very good balance between a sleek/smooth exterior and enough studs to make it look "Lego-y", the interior (seat details especially) looks good, and even though it is a little bit larger scale-wise than the other Rebel ships, I think it'd look good next to them on display.  

Edited by Kit Figsto