MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Considering Rey is in the Night Buzzard, I think there may be a small chance that set will also have Ben And Palpatine in it, and it could be an excuse for a final duel. That would make 500 pieces for $70 easier to swallow for sure.

The 500 pcs for $80 of Grevious Fighter on the other hand..... well, if the third figure is a 212th trooper, I am giving LEGO more money than they deserve.

There is still one more unknown set coming out in August that's around $90-100 or something, I forgot (I think both prices have been given so who knows what the final price will look like).  There's always a chance that we get a set similar to the Final Duel (I believe $80) that we got around 2014 or so, except from Ep 9.  That's a complete guess, and knowing LEGO, it'll probably end up being something completely unrelated to anything topical right now, but there's still a possibility we get it in set form this year.

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

There is still one more unknown set coming out in August that's around $90-100 or something, I forgot (I think both prices have been given so who knows what the final price will look like).  There's always a chance that we get a set similar to the Final Duel (I believe $80) that we got around 2014 or so, except from Ep 9.  That's a complete guess, and knowing LEGO, it'll probably end up being something completely unrelated to anything topical right now, but there's still a possibility we get it in set form this year.

I'm hoping that set is either Mauls Gauntlet fighter or The Havoc Maurader, but its probably a landpeeder battlepack

3 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Possibly Wampa cave Luke? Although I think Bespin or Crait are more likely. 

Crait would be nice since we haven't gotten that version before.

Is there any solid info yet on set 75291? At that price point I'm hoping for a B-Wing as one of the only OT rebel ships not to have had a release in the last few years. I'd even take a Resistance B-Wing at this point (not sure what the differences are as it wasn't obvious while watching TROS). My X, Y and A-Wings need a new B-Wing.

8 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Yeah, I saw that on #legoleaks. Is this from a reliable source? Because that all sounds awesome, I’d love a calendar with all of those minifigures.

6 hours ago, Omand said:

Nothing personal Renown, but I have to be skeptical about that list.  I know you did not create it, and don't want to flame the messenger.

The list has quite a lot of overlap with last year for the line-up.  We had Old Man Luke, First Order Stormtrooper, Battle Droid, Present Gonk Droid and Christmas Porg in 2019.  That is 5 of the 10 mentioned in the list above.

That said, I would love the line-up listed in the calendar.  Just want some more details.

Cheers :)

It's from Childish_landino_chronicles, the most reliable Star Wars leaker out there. It's legit.

7 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

Okay, honestly I'm considering buying it just for the snowy Gonk droid...

I'm predicting ROTJ Luke, since we haven't had one for a while, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was pilot Luke/Tatooine Luke.

We got ROTJ Luke in Advent Calendar once tho. I think we might get an exclusive variant. Crait Luke would be a dream come true, or maybe even Ghost Luke. But I need to lower my expectations so I won't be disappointed. Pilot Luke or Hoth Luke are much more likely.

8 hours ago, Renown said:

The advent calendar this year will consist of a Christmas-themed Vader, Luke, Rey, Poe, a Stormtrooper, a Sith Trooper, a Battle Droid, a snow Gonk Droid, a Porg and D-O. 

Sounds Boeing, like no new character nor any new possibility for Army building

Edited by Sneakguest

55 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I'd say Stromtrooper, Sith Trooper and Battle Droid are definitely possibilities for army building.

Getting a new character in Advent Calendar is a pretty rare thing, we usually get exclsuive variants or repeats of characters. 

I think it‘s a good selection of minifigs and characters :thumbup: The only weak spot is the BD again... Maybe we‘re lucky and it‘s a variant :grin:

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I dont think advent calendars are the most efficient way to army build :laugh:

It's a fairly good line up. I'm interested to see what variant of Luke we get. Though judging by the inclusion of Rey and Poe I'm guessing it'll be Ach-To?

3 hours ago, stevej said:

Is there any solid info yet on set 75291? At that price point I'm hoping for a B-Wing as one of the only OT rebel ships not to have had a release in the last few years. I'd even take a Resistance B-Wing at this point (not sure what the differences are as it wasn't obvious while watching TROS). My X, Y and A-Wings need a new B-Wing.

I would like that too! The B-wing got some screen time in TROS (probably more than it did in Episode VI) and can work as well as OT vehicle (such as the most recent Millenium Falcon, A-wing or Y-wing).

4 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

If you can find them on sale after the advent season they are actually not too bad. Prices on Bricklink for individual figures usually go down as well due to increased availability. 

22 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Though judging by the inclusion of Rey and Poe I'm guessing it'll be Ach-To?

Don‘t you mean Crait? :wink: That would be an excellent choice, even though it‘d be quite weird to get two exclusive TLJ versions of Luke in subsequent advent calendars. Watch it be the version from this year’s Obi-Wan‘s hut set instead :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

A Lego store in The Netherlands (2TToys) has listed the D2C 75275 as expected soon, with a retail price of €99,99. 

The rumours here are 199,99, which sound a bit steep. The shop has had it right in the past, but I guess we will see in a few days time..

Edited by Joel1234

3 minutes ago, Joel1234 said:

A Lego store in The Netherlands (2TToys) has listed the D2C 75252 as expected soon, with a retail price of €99,99. 

The rumours here are 199,99, which sound a bit steep. The shop has had it right in the past, but I guess we will see in a few days time..

75252 is the UCS ISD. And 199,99 isn't steep at all, most UCS sets have that price

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

75252 is the UCS ISD. And 199,99 isn't steep at all, most UCS sets have that price

Excuse, the 75275.. well it sounds steep considering the A-Wing is a small vehicle. Could well be a UCS Jedi Starfighter-ish set with <1.000 pcs for 99,99. 

Lets see if Lego will announce something in the coming days ?

Just now, Joel1234 said:

Excuse, the 75275.. well it sounds steep considering the A-Wing is a small vehicle. Could well be a UCS Jedi Starfighter-ish set with <1.000 pcs for 99,99. 

Lets see if Lego will announce something in the coming days ?

The A-Wing is canonically a good deal larger than the Snowspeeder, which was $200.  However, the shape is fairly simple (for the most part), and I think it would lend itself well to a $100 UCS (if I'm not mistaken, the last UCS at that price point was indeed the Jedi Starfighter).  I hope you're right, for my wallet's sake!  The important thing to me is that the UCS A-Wing looks good.  If LEGO messes this up, we won't be getting another one any time soon.  Sure, I could always Bricklink one of the excellent MOCs, but I'd prefer to have an official release that's worth its salt.

Now, about that announcement...please let it happen soon!  I know I'm nerdy and obsessed with the Rebel Fleet, but I can't be the only one who's really eager to see what happens!

I'd rather have a ~100$ A-Wing that captures all the shapes and details like Obi-Wan's UCS Starfighter did, than a 200$ set that is just... Bigger.

Let's hope that 99,99€ price is correct.

1 hour ago, Joel1234 said:

A Lego store in The Netherlands (2TToys) has listed the D2C 75275 as expected soon, with a retail price of €99,99. 

The shop is wrong.

8 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Let's hope that 99,99€ price is correct.

It is not.

1 hour ago, Joel1234 said:

The snowspeeder was an even smaller vehicle (in-universe) and it was $200.

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

The shop is wrong.  It is not.

Dammit.  Thanks for the confirmation, though.  I trust you.

2 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I mentioned that above.  :wink:

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'd say Stromtrooper, Sith Trooper and Battle Droid are definitely possibilities for army building.

Getting a new character in Advent Calendar is a pretty rare thing, we usually get exclsuive variants or repeats of characters. 

okey, well I think there have been one new character in the advent calendars recent years, like the Rogue one Pilot and the TFA officer.

And new figures for army building, not the same

12 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

Possibly Wampa cave Luke? Although I think Bespin or Crait are more likely. 

The most recent luke we've had is Farmboy Luke, and usually these are characters from recent, previous non-advant calendar sets. I'd love a Bespin Luke as I never bought Cloud City, but since there have been more recent lukes and the exclusive figure this year is sweater vader, I've got to say I think it'll be an overused variant like farmboy or Pilot.

10 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

I would also be liking to see a Palpatine figure from episode 9.

That would be a great figure, both the zombie-looking one and the revitalized one.

9 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I completely forgot about this think, I'm hoping for another TCW set or something for ESB but I'd guess a resistance B-wing is most likely.

2 hours ago, SillySeeker said:

What are you talking about, $40 for a few figures from rapidly different eras? My army of battle droids is most efficiantly built this way, instead of that one $40 set with 12 of them that came out back in 2015.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

When was the last time a Star Wars advent calendar had more than 1 exclusive figures?

I don't think ever for your normal minifigures, there have been figures like "bb-8 but with a santa hat", "porg but with a santa hat", "gonk droid in green and red", and "R2-D2 with reindeer horns on top", but the only time I can think of exclusive prints on 2 figures is the christmas tree astromech+santa C-3PO in 2015 and the U-3PO+Snowy Chewbacca in 2016, and even then U-3PO came in a book too.

@Sneakguest What do you mean by "new figures for army building"? Most army-building figures (I'm assuming here that you mean characters like stormtroopers, death troopers, and sith troopers, as people rarely want armies of Rowan or Final Duel Luke) appear in cheaper sets in larger numbers by the time they're in an advent calendar.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

25 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The shop is wrong.

It is not.

The Jedi Starfighter was also bigger than the snowspeeder in universe, but 100€. 

But I hope the 200€ price is right. Personally not interested in a 'smaller' 100€ UCS set. 

Just now, Sneakguest said:

And new figures for army building, not the same

I don't recall this ever happening. Typically we get 3-4 unnamed, massable figures pulled from the prior year's sets — Cloud Car Pilot, Bespin Guard, Stormtroopers and Rebel Soldiers, an officer of some kind. Battle droids a plenty. This year is uncommon in that we are getting multiple named/primary characters, more like the Harry Potter Advent from last year.