MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

44 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lego sometimes, especially with starships, doesn't put all the content on the front box art. For example this year's X-Wing - the box art only includes X-Wing with R2-D2 and Poe, but there also was a little ladder side build and 2 more minfigures. There could be more to this set.

My thoughts exactly- although an expensive mould not on the front of the box wouldn't be a sensible marketing decision I guess. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I wouldn't count on it, especially considering we ''outsiders'' don't know the specifics of the new Disney/Hasbro deal

Oh alright

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t understand why people think it looks bad. It looks very good and very accurate. It just needs arm printing

Also black hips or printed hips

12 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

My thoughts exactly- although an expensive mould not on the front of the box wouldn't be a sensible marketing decision I guess. 

There's also back of the box tho.

32 minutes ago, scrapper142valk said:

Oh alright

Also black hips or printed hips

Technically, their belts are white with o my a small amount of black showing. Printed would be good

While it would be cool I really doubt they put Boga in the Soulles One set. The 2010 set had 454 pieces and the new one has 487 pieces so it's definetely not brickbuilt. There is of course a possibility of it being a new mold similair to the old Boga or the Dewback but if that was they case they would surely put it on the ''minifigure list'' on the front of the box like they do with Jurassic World:

LEGO Jurassic World 75934 Dilophosaurus ontsnapt

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

While it would be cool I really doubt they put Boga in the Soulles One set. The 2010 set had 454 pieces and the new one has 487 pieces so it's definetely not brickbuilt. There is of course a possibility of it being a new mold similair to the old Boga or the Dewback but if that was they case they would surely put it on the ''minifigure list'' on the front of the box like they do with Jurassic World:

*snip*

Perhaps so. Not sure if they put the Dewback in the Cantina (2014) in the minfigure box list but he was visible on the front. 

Again it’s all speculation. There has to be a reason for that price because it’s absurd.

Edited by Lobot
Please don't quote images - thanks :)

Official Boxart of the new Mandalorian sets have just been published on the LEGO website:

1.jpg

2.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lobot said:

Official Boxart of the new Mandalorian sets have just been published on the LEGO website:

The pictures themselves haven't been posted yet but we've already talked about them 5-6 hours ago

56 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Perhaps so. Not sure if they put the Dewback in the Cantina (2014) in the minfigure box list but he was visible on the front. 

Again it’s all speculation. There has to be a reason for that price because it’s absurd.

My first thought was a retail exclusive, because those tend to be stupidly overpriced at times, but I guess it'll get a full release, otherwise we probably wouldn't know about it?  I mean, from what I gather, exclusives tend to stay secret a lot longer than other products.  Looking at that price ratio, Boga would make sense, but given how there's been very few molded creatures in Star Wars for a very long time (Dewback was probably the most recent one six years ago, and before then, I think the last one was the time we got Boga in 2005, unless I'm forgetting one in there), I sort of doubt it.  

I also wanted to bring up, I don't think we've officially had confirmation on the number of minifigures for the AT-AT until today when that list says six.  I would think Luke, Veers, and 2x AT-AT drivers are pretty safe assumptions, but I'm wondering who the 5th and 6th figures will be.  Probably a snowtrooper, but would they give two?  Could the last figure be a named character, since they like to throw those into sets they're only tangentially related to (ie: every bounty hunter besides Boba Fett ever that's been included in Slave I)

Edited by Kit Figsto

43 minutes ago, Lobot said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks for sharing the official pics, it may have been discussed a few hours ago but not everyone will have had the chance to see them. 

23 hours ago, jdubbs said:

You want another Tantive IV? Maybe you mean Yavin?

Yeah, thank you,thats what I meant of coz!

4 hours ago, scrapper142valk said:

I think one of those two might come in the AAT. I personally think it'll be either Ahsoka or neither of them, but that's just me.

I think ahsoka's more likely, but I don't think we have too good of a chance of seeing either of them. ironic, as this season was described by Dave Filoni as Rex's arc, than ahsoka's arc, then they come together for the final one.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t understand why people think it looks bad. It looks very good and very accurate. It just needs arm printing

If they gave 3 figures in a $30 star wars set arm printing, much less that set being a 501st army builder, I think pigs would start flying and hell would freeze over.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Lego sometimes, especially with starships, doesn't put all the content on the front box art. For example this year's X-Wing - the box art only includes X-Wing with R2-D2 and Poe, but there also was a little ladder side build and 2 more minfigures. There could be more to this set.

There's a difference between omitting a ladder or little support thingie and omitting a giant lizard...they're of vastly different values to consumers.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Hidden side excluded evidently, can't even tell what sets they are sometimes 

6 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

AAT - $40 - 286 pieces 

Nice. This pretty much ensures that it will be on the smaller side, which is perfect for me. The old blue one was so large and not at all what I wanted.

Changing the subject slightly, but are we expecting a UCS set to make its debut for May the 4th (as is typical)? It's been pretty quiet on that front...

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

I also wanted to bring up, I don't think we've officially had confirmation on the number of minifigures for the AT-AT until today when that list says six.  I would think Luke, Veers, and 2x AT-AT drivers are pretty safe assumptions, but I'm wondering who the 5th and 6th figures will be.  Probably a snowtrooper, but would they give two?  Could the last figure be a named character, since they like to throw those into sets they're only tangentially related to (ie: every bounty hunter besides Boba Fett ever that's been included in Slave I)

If anything, we aren't getting 2 AT-AT Drivers, as we've never gotten that. We have, however, gotten two Snowtroopers in almost all prior AT-ATs. I'm guessing we'll get the 2014 lineup (Veers, AT-AT Driver, Snowtrooper Commander, 2x Snowtroopers) plus Luke. It's the best case scenario.

23 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Changing the subject slightly, but are we expecting a UCS set to make its debut for May the 4th (as is typical)? It's been pretty quiet on that front...

It's been far from quiet. First there were rumors discussed here, then a leaked A-Wing pilot and now it has been confirmed to be an A-Wing

26 minutes ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Yup. Just yesterday A-Wing pilot minifigure leaked and the 200€ A-Wing for May The 4th was confirmed. I wouldn't say it was quiet at all.

58 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There's a difference between omitting a ladder or little support thingie and omitting a giant lizard...they're of vastly different values to consumers.

That's why there's back of the box. They wouldn't just throw a giant lizard into space flying with a spaceship.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's why there's back of the box. They wouldn't just throw a giant lizard into space flying with a spaceship.

Maybe Boga is the one flying the Soulless One :rofl:

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's been far from quiet. First there were rumors discussed here, then a leaked A-Wing pilot and now it has been confirmed to be an A-Wing

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yup. Just yesterday A-Wing pilot minifigure leaked and the 200€ A-Wing for May The 4th was confirmed. I wouldn't say it was quiet at all.

Ah, not sure how I missed those! I stay pretty up-to-date on this thread and #legoleaks on IG. Thanks!

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

IMO if they had really included a Boga i think they would have had the scenery on the box art to be of Utapau with the Soulless One docked in one of the hangers with the Boga attacking it, or the Soulless One flying around that giant pit on Utapau with the Boga chasing it.

34 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

If anything, we aren't getting 2 AT-AT Drivers, as we've never gotten that. We have, however, gotten two Snowtroopers in almost all prior AT-ATs. I'm guessing we'll get the 2014 lineup (Veers, AT-AT Driver, Snowtrooper Commander, 2x Snowtroopers) plus Luke. It's the best case scenario.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole set was almost exact copy of the 2014 version. Motorized walking function would be a cool improvement, but probably not going to happen at that price point. Minifigure-wise admiral Ozzel (in general, an Imperial admiral) would be welcoming, though not really unique either.
A creative solution would be to base the AT-AT set on ROTJ, not ESB, and include some missing figures from the ROTJ with it. Or if not missing, figures that could certainly do with an update such as 5 whatever Imperial figures + updated Mon Mothma.

- Samppu 

Taking the creative solution even further.. I'd love for it to be based on Jedi Fallen order, the AT-AT from Kashyyyk with some moss covering the build, speeder bike, 2 pilots, 2 scout troopers (one with orange pauldron) and main protagonist of the game.

I just can’t see why that grievous set is that overpriced even more so than the buzzard which is based on the newest movie.For that id at least want a update to grievous’s arms/shoulders in terms of the mold and the cape.That and the clone being a 212th new mold at-rt driver would at least make me look twice at  it.

Edited by Displayedaction