MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Yeah yeah, it's fine but now make a Galacric Marines one. And a Wolf Pack one. And a 327th one. And a....... 

Just kidding, it's very nice, will pick up a couple I'm sure. 

5 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

As well as Battlefront 2 and this I think they're going to appear in the new season of Clone Wars too (they were in the trailer) so the set can tie into that as well. 

I'm curious about the thoughts that these look too Clone War-sy, apart from maybe the visors not being as long as other film-based Phase 2 clones they look like they could fit right in with the other clones to me. Comparing them to the 2013 501st Clone Troopers their blue patterning looks completely different and more in line with the films.

Also if we don't see the clone troopers with Ahsoka-based orange helmets in the AAT I think they'd be a great fit for a polybag. Crossing my fingers now that both Ahsoka and Rex are in the AAT but it seems like a long shot at this point :look:

That would be most unfortunate, the thing I was definitely looking forward to most was the potential of a new Ahsoka figure but we'll still have to wait and see. I think its better that the clones in this battle pack are regular and don't have the orange printing as it will make them usable in a variety of different situations.

Just now, Seaber said:

Yeah yeah, it's fine but now make a Galacric Marines one. And a Wolf Pack one. And a 327th one. And a....... 

Just kidding, it's very nice, will pick up a couple I'm sure. 

If this sells well (and it probably will) I hope LEGO'll make more specific battle packs like this. I won't stop calling it a battle pack even if its technically not ?

So it's true. Hope to pick a few of these up!

Lego should have announced it yesterday and kept everyone guessing if it was fake/real and kept the 'page not found' there until today. Torment us all(!)

I just hope this doesn't lead to more campaigns/demands in the future turning people against each other.

It says something that my first reaction to the pic was me thinking it was fake. This is a super army builder. I am really impressed it only includes one jet trooper. Usually a 3 to one figure split does not happen in battle packs, but they decide to give 3 figures of what people want. The BARC and AT-RT are both just the right scale to be mass-able (I mean I have seen some smaller and more accurate mocs for the AT-RT but I suppose that would compromise the structural integrity). Seriously anyone who complains about this is just a sad person looking to complain.

14 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I predicted it, within an hour or so of the reveal we get the whining :laugh:. This kind of reads like sarcasm, i hope it is.

I'm sorry, I thought this was a forum to discuss LEGO products and what we think of them. Not to attack people on a personal level for criticizing a sets design or mini-figure printing. :hmpf_bad: 

But I will ask the admins that from now on they censor any criticizing comments if that is what you want? :thumbup:

Edited by Cyberfounder

29 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also there's loads of Clones with different markings in the Clone Wars show, so the minifigures with different printing could still be put with each other and probably still look alright.  

But this is not about the markings, it's about the shape of the armor, mouth, and visor of the phase II armor. The 2014-2019 style was more movie accurate.

It's not what I hoped for. I'm not fond of the new visor print. It makes the minifig look more "badass", but at the expense of "clonishness". Plus, I find it odd that they don't come with blue arms. There are other aspects I don't like, but...who cares ^^

I will buy a set, though, to check if they look better "in natura".

54 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

Remember how hard it was to get the Mandalorian Battle Pack? This set is gonna totally be brutal to try and pick up.

I keep seeing these posts.. was I the only one who managed to find it with no problem in December?

Edited by legosamsonite

I like it. I don't mind the TCW visors, they're close enough to the movie ones that it's not a big deal for me. I wish there was something other than another AT-RT but it's okay, I still like the design and the BARC update is very nice.

Lego Star Wars is back!! 

Great set and I’m a fan of the new designs. 

Atleast we now know what the Clone Trooper figure will be in the Greivous starfighter...a 212th Trooper with this new design.

Edit: £25 in the UK is insane aswell! 

Edited by ArrowBricks

There's actually two things I like: The white hips were overdue, and the complete knee plates are printed now. But the torso and helmet are more important, and they're in every way less accurate than the 2014-2019 style:

Rrf2OnD.jpg

Edited by Graupensuppe

1 hour ago, SillySeeker said:

Remember how hard it was to get the Mandalorian Battle Pack? This set is gonna totally be brutal to try and pick up.

Must be regional because it was incredibly easy to get one for me, I still see them everywhere

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also if we don't see the clone troopers with Ahsoka-based orange helmets in the AAT I think they'd be a great fit for a polybag. 

Really hope that doesn't happen. For some reason polybags are really hard to come by here

39 minutes ago, LurkingEhlek said:

Seriously anyone who complains about this is just a sad person looking to complain.

This comment makes you the sad person here, everyone is allowed his or her own opinion. Why would you care if someone doesn't like a set that you do like? Just enjoy it and accept other opinions. 

15 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

I keep seeing these posts.. was I the only one who managed to find it with no problem in December?

Nope me too. Still see them a lot

That set looks excellent! Sadly it appears the AT-RT's legs are about as poseable as every other large version they've made. The box pic doesn't do the design of the front any favors but the out of box pic makes it look much better. The BARC Speeder looks really nice and the figures are supurb! 3 standard 501st troops and 1 jet trooper was a good call and their printing ans level of detail look really good! A must-have set for sure.

I think it looks great!

Any idea when sets like this would go on sale in the US? Usually how long does it take after its initial release in August because $30 is a bit steep for me as awesome as the set is HAHA

3 hours ago, scrapper142valk said:

What bothers me is that they'll use the overused clone/stormtrooper head instead of a TCW clone head that would better match the armour.

Are there any pictures that show which heads they have? If Lego returns to stylized TCW armor, the TCW cartoon faces might be back as well. I really hope they're not, because IMO using those was one of the biggest mistakes Lego ever made.

Edited by Graupensuppe

Guys, remember that all opinions are allowed (within standard limits of decency). If you don't like the opinion, that's okay. No one is asking you to agree with the opinion. But it's not okay to bad mouth opinions. If someone does bad mouth your opinion, try not to take it personally. This is the internet and not everyone knows proper internet manners.

Also, at the time of writing there are 13 "views" of the set on Lego.com. So much fanboy love going on here.

5 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Also, at the time of writing there are 13 "views" of the set on Lego.com. So much fanboy love going on here.

And 3,4k reactions + almost 600 comments on the FB post that announced it. What is the point of going on the website for set that will be available in 4 months? :)

Edited by sahidko

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm just scared he might start one of these ''campaigns'' again. The best thing about this set is knowing the MandR and his fans will shut up about it 

On the comtrary, I wouldnt mind, happy that they finally listened to one of us. Just next time wish for something  better, Tantive IV, Geonosis Arena or Jedi Temple

Just now, Sneakguest said:

On the comtrary, I wouldnt mind, happy that they finally listened to one of us. Just next time wish for something  better, Tantive IV, Geonosis Arena or Jedi Temple

You want another Tantive IV? Maybe you mean Yavin?

16 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Are there any pictures that show which heads they have? If Lego returns to stylized TCW armor, the TCW cartoon faces might be back as well. I really hope they're not, because IMO using those was one of the biggest mistakes Lego ever made.

You mean the stormtrooper one or the TCW clone head?

16 minutes ago, sahidko said:

And 3,4k reactions + almost 600 comments on the FB post that announced it. What is the point of going on the website for set that will be available in 4 months? :)

I think he's talking about the "reviews" already made by fanboys on LEGO haha. He should have said "reviews" instead of "views". Weird to say it like that tbh

Edited by Evergreen

I actually really like it. And the price is actually pretty reasonable, if not rather good-for a star wars set. Sucks the at-rt is huge, but will be interesting to try and make a smaller one with the parts. 

Fair play to lego for doing this, I'll definitely be getting one for sure, probably 2, maybe a few more. GJ TLG :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, scrapper142valk said:

You mean the stormtrooper one or the TCW clone head? 

I dislike all the cartoony minifigure heads with huge eyes.

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

They were pretty well stocked in my area up until mid February when I bought one. I mean sure there was not a full row but there were always at least a couple on shelves. So it sold well but never hit a shortage. Given the $30 price point for this I don't see too much of an over demand to the point of large backorders.

Edited by LurkingEhlek