MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Yochip said:

Don’t think so. He seems to be based on this jet trooper from Battlefront II.

Oh thank goodness. I was kind of concerned that was a named figure, but since its not this is even better!! 

Just now, romulan said:

Am I the only one that thinks the AT-RT looks good?

Well, both vehicles are oversized, of course they were before, but it is still a noticeable downside. And those legs are just not right

Just now, romulan said:

It does look good but its WAY larger than it's supposed to be

29 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Seems like it's been discussed quite a bit recently, from what I've seen. 

Doesn't mean people really expected it. After all those years only a few still believed it would happen. A lot of things are discussed here, doesn't mean people expect them to happen.

They did it!! Those bastards they actually did it!!

Set looks great tho and I'd like to point out that the 501st have been spared the stud shooters and given real blasters.

Holy schmoly, a 501st set! *oh2*

It's a bit of a shame it's based off TCW, 'cause those visors look rather different than the current ROTS-clones, but other than that, the minifigs are absolutely amazing :wub: 

24 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Is it based off of Revenge of the Sith?

Sadly not, no...

22 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I don't think so. I mean they are similar, but they don't have blue printing on the upper arm which really plays a part in their ROS look to me. These are probably based on TCW.

Also, I always felt the blue ROTS clone troopers was slightly darker than their TCW counterparts?

1 minute ago, romulan said:

Nope :sweet: 

Awh, man, I'm so gonna get this set. Hopefully I'll be able to BL some seperate 501st Clones as well, afterwards, for a reasonable price.

Regards,
Mitch

Just now, KingSpoozle said:

Set looks great tho and I'd like to point out that the 501st have been spared the stud shooters and given real blasters.

Of course they wont have the stud shooters because this isn't a battle pack, it is just a regular set.

Amazing! It looks interesting, and little different to what we are used to - helmet style and no black hips. Not a fan of these  AT-RTs (I'd love to see smaller), but it's not as big as I feared. I hope LEGO will make Rex in the same design (maybe next year some in some set based on end of the clone wars show?)

4 minutes ago, KingSpoozle said:

1 minute ago, SillySeeker said:

Of course they wont have the stud shooters because this isn't a battle pack, it is just a regular set.

LEGO is very smart, putting 501st troopers in "more expensive battle pack without stud shooters". I love it, but my wallet will cry if I'll get more than one set (and I want at least two). 

10 minutes ago, SillySeeker said:

Yep no shit, thanks bro. I'm saying its another benefit of it not being a battle pack.

OMFG, they CHANGED THE PRINTING compared too the 2014-2015 troopers!!! :wall: :wall: :damn: :ugh: :cannon:

So disappointed... Guess it will be custom prints for me. :cry_sad:

Edited by Cyberfounder

Is that Cato neimodia on the box?Thought that planet would be mygeeto from the trailer the trees say otherwise.Interesting

Edited by Displayedaction

Just now, ood0 said:

This set is gonna be a real pain to pick up isn't it? 

Remember how hard it was to get the Mandalorian Battle Pack? This set is gonna totally be brutal to try and pick up.

17 minutes ago, HutchProDucktions said:

For those wondering, the Jet Trooper appears in Season 5, episode 8 and is a generic variant, so +1 for army building:

As well as Battlefront 2 and this I think they're going to appear in the new season of Clone Wars too (they were in the trailer) so the set can tie into that as well. 

I'm curious about the thoughts that these look too Clone War-sy, apart from maybe the visors not being as long as other film-based Phase 2 clones they look like they could fit right in with the other clones to me. Comparing them to the 2013 501st Clone Troopers their blue patterning looks completely different and more in line with the films.

Also if we don't see the clone troopers with Ahsoka-based orange helmets in the AAT I think they'd be a great fit for a polybag. Crossing my fingers now that both Ahsoka and Rex are in the AAT but it seems like a long shot at this point :look:

Just now, Cyberfounder said:

OMFG, they CHANGED THE PRINTING compared too the 2014-2015 troopers!!! :wall: :wall: :damn: :ugh: :cannon:

Who would've expected them to update a 6 year old design. LEGO never update/renew their minifigs?!

You people...

Just now, bountybossk said:

Who would've expected them to update a 6 year old design. LEGO never update/renew their minifigs?!

You people...

Also there's loads of Clones with different markings in the Clone Wars show, so the minifigures with different printing could still be put with each other and probably still look alright. 

For some reason it won't let me directly qoute you but @cookiemonster, you would be correct.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

Looks nice, I'll definitely be getting this one. Is the jet trooper a named character, or does he just have different helmet markings because he's a jet trooper?

Generic jet trooper from battlefront 2 and the clone wars.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

That shockwave you just felt was MandR's ego exploding.

Run for it, he's gone supernova! Good on him though, I'm sure this was at least partially due to his campaign.

6 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

I predicted it, within an hour or so of the reveal we get the whining :laugh:. This kind of reads like sarcasm, i hope it is.

Looks great to me, BARC has a new piece, both builds look great even though the AT-RT is inevitably too big, and the figures are insanely detailed, just wow! Good value too, especially when compared to the $20 set from 2013 it's well worth the price increase.

Just now, bountybossk said:

You people...

Commander Gree in set 75234 from 2019 still has the same design as the 2014 - 2015 version. Its still on the shelf's in my local toy store, so they really could have just given us 501st troopers with that printing, and update the new batch after that.
But no... Its like lego doesn't want people to army build. I have over 50 of the 212th guys and at least 20 of all the other 2014 -2015 clones because I was expecting them to release 501st trooper with the same print. If we even get a cody he will be 
a different style too then the battalion he commands...

I told myself if LEGO fucks this up I'm done with it!! :cry_sad: :cry_sad: