MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

No more black hips! Interesting! 

31 minutes ago, wesker said:

I thought it was the other way round with 2017 being Jake Farrell's helmet.

You might be right, I wasn't 100% sure either way :) 

Just now, scrapper142valk said:

Probably because they don't want to base it off of troopers that killed an entire temple of people.

They're still 501st troopers. If the temple scene were a problem for Lego, they wouldn't make them at all.

This is just about the visual style, and I really hoped the days of distorted TCW faces were finally over...

Edited by Graupensuppe

Wow. I never thought they'd actually do it. And to add the words "You asked for it, we built it" is an nod to the hysterical fans I never expected.

This is something no one has expected. I dunno why there was such a big hype for this battle pack, but I must say it looks pretty awesome. Builds are great and Clones look lovely. Is the jetpack one a named character?

But the best thing about it is that they use real blasters instead of stud shooting crap. In a battle pack.

Unexpected but appreciated. Personally in this case i am interested in the figures only, BARC speeder is alright i guess but the AT-RT is just gigantic so won't even bother building it.

Edited by sahidko

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is something no one has expected.

Seems like it's been discussed quite a bit recently, from what I've seen. 

I'm concerned it was a very loud, vocal minority who wanted this set and it won't end up selling well in the eyes of TLG.  I hope everyone on these forums who was vocal about wanting this buys 20 or 30 of these to army build.

I don't see the appeal.  I was an adult when the prequels came out so this isnt targeted at me.  It's time for all the kids to put their money where their mouth is.  

Edited by lego the hutt

Wow gonna have to get a few of these now haha. The barc speeder actually looks nice, but that AT-RT is just no good at all, but who cares about the builds, this set is all about the figures. And NO stud shooter guns for once. It seems like LEGO made a smart choice in a lot of things for this one.

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Is it based off of Revenge of the Sith?

I don't think so. I mean they are similar, but they don't have blue printing on the upper arm which really plays a part in their ROS look to me. These are probably based on TCW.

Amazing. Truly amazing. What a great Lego news day it is. The set looks really good, easy buy. This has got to be the first time Lego listened to a request right?

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

This has got to be the first time Lego listened to a request right?

No.  Lego listens more often than you realize.

Just now, AndrewShun said:

meh

Jesus Christ. Some people just want to complain. The negativity here is sometimes ridiculous.  

20 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is the jetpack one a named character?

Don’t think so. He seems to be based on this jet trooper from Battlefront II.

wfn1825fx3u31.jpg

Edited by Yochip

Just now, joekrell5 said:

Jesus Christ. Some people just want to complain. The negativity here is sometimes ridiculous.  

I can’t decide if your post is sarcastic or just plain absurd. 

I'm happy we finally have a 501st battlepack but I definetely won't buy it day 1. It really doesn't look like $30 worth of stuff and, like always, the AT-RT just doesn't look great

40 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

That shockwave you just felt was MandR's ego exploding.

I'm just scared he might start one of these ''campaigns'' again. The best thing about this set is knowing the MandR and his fans will shut up about it 

40 minutes ago, scrapper142valk said:

Given that LEGO released this and it comes out in August, we can expect images of the other sets soon, probably starting with the UCS A-Wing.

Not really, LEGO revealed this because it's a ''special set'' (as it's been requested by so many people). Don't expect pictures of the other sets untill june/july unless they leak earlier

Just now, joekrell5 said:

I see this might be a term you've never heard of before but you do know there is something called an 'opinion' right? You know, someone's ability to say what he/she thinks about a set? Not everyone likes everything, deal with it 

Very nice set! I think I’m alright with the new print on the faces even though I would have preferred the more movie looking ones they have made. Otherwise it’s great we’re getting a jet pack trooper.

11 minutes ago, joekrell5 said:

ikr

Edited by AndrewShun

2 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

No.  Lego listens more often than you realize.

This has been on my list for a long time. I just hope they do a Jedi Temple now.

4 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I don't think so. I mean they are similar, but they don't have blue printing on the upper arm which really plays a part in their ROS look to me. These are probably based on TCW.

They never give us arm printing really though.  I actually think it might be ROTS.