MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

7 hours ago, UberCorp said:

My guesses (combination of expectations and some wishlisting) are:

Interceptor - Anakin (possibility dark red/navy CW outfit), R2-D2, and Padme w/ a new outfit (ex. her wedding dress)

AT-RT: Fives, Waxer, Phase II 501st, Phase II 212th, and 2 B1s (slightly inspired by the Umbara arc)

AAT - Super Tactical Droid, some combination of B1s/B2s, Ahsoka (likely S7 design) and 332nd Rex or generic 332nd (I know timeline doesn’t make sense for them fighting Separatists, but that hasn’t stopped Lego before) 

Souless One: Grievous, Obi-Wan, and honestly still think it will turn out to be Phase II Cody. Only way I see I can see them justifying a $80 Soulless One.

Based on when I got loads of Clone Wars sets when I was younger I'm pretty sure we've never got a named Clone Troopers who's not an officer: Cody, Rex, Gree, Wolf, Fox, etc are all captains or commanders. Therefore I'll doubt we'll get anyone like Fives, Waxer, Echo or Jesse. 

I think the best case scenario is us getting Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka and Rex spread out across the wave (probably one in each set) with designs that all fit together so you can display them together. In terms of other clones I think it's most likely that they'll just be generic legion colours except maybe with unique markings on one so they can be called '501st Medic' or 'Arc Trooper' like what they did with that Arc Trooper in the battlepack with the Commando Droids who was based on Arc Troper Colt. 

49 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

In terms of other clones I think it's most likely that they'll just be generic legion colours except maybe with unique markings on one so they can be called '501st Medic' or 'Arc Trooper' like what they did with that Arc Trooper in the battlepack with the Commando Droids who was based on Arc Troper Colt. 

That's slightly incorrect. The ARC trooper wasn't based on Colt, but actually appeared in the arc:

arc_jpg.jpg

Hammer.

Edited by Brickadeer

Just now, Brickadeer said:

That's slightly incorrect. The ARC trooper wasn't based on Colt, but actually appeared in the arc:

arc_jpg.jpg

Hammer.

Ah my bad, I always thought it was based on him! It is odd how Lego seems to avoid named clones sometimes, instead going for background characters instead. Maybe so it's more accessible to people who don't know the characters' names? 

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

Just now, Darth Shadowthrone said:

It is odd how Lego seems to avoid named clones sometimes, instead going for background characters instead. Maybe so it's more accessible to people who don't know the characters' names? 

Wouldn't suprise me if it's because people won't stop complaining about not getting clones C and D after getting A and B in a set

TCW Season 3 was released in October 2011, battle pack 9488 was released first in UK, on January 1st 2012. I assume that the design of 9488 was completed before Season 3 was released, so I suppose a lot depends on the information Lego gets from Lucasfilm.

On 10/22/2019 at 2:45 PM, Sneakguest said:

I know it's not the right forum for this, but I just think it's a mistake to bring Palpatine back, exactly as it was to bring Maul back in the Clone Wars Series, if someone dies nicely, just let them rest in pieces

The maul thing with him eating trash to survive after getting cut in half and falling down a shaft was horribly stupid, I agree. 

All I can say is "not my canon."  That is a Dave storyline that he got George to approve, not the other way around.

2 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

The maul thing with him eating trash to survive after getting cut in half and falling down a shaft was horribly stupid, I agree. 

All I can say is "not my canon."  That is a Dave storyline that he got George to approve, not the other way around.

Not that I have a problem with it but why are you replying to a comment from half a year ago that has absolutely nothing to do with the current discussion? Seems a bit random :tongue:

4 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we know if the set with the 501st is going to be based off of the movies or Clone Wars?

There is no 501st set

Star Wars isnt Ninjago. Even expensive sets sometimes only have like 4-5 figures usually with only 1-2 interesting ones.

Sure they could do something as amazing as they did with the Mando battle pack. Just give us 4 different and interesting clone tropers with accessories.
But my hopes would be set to a minimum: Rex, Cody and s5 Ahsoka. I wouldnt be surprised if we only get one or none of these figures at all.

And I wouldnt be surprised if that figure has less detail than the former versions. Like - will they bring back the waste cloth pieces for Rex? the old Dementors for Harry Potter looked amazing with their detailed soft-cloth piece also covering the torso. Nowdays they only get a reused stiff cape and an undetailed print.

so for your own sake. See the theme for what it is and not what you would like it to be :hmpf:

Edited by Kim-Kwang-Seok

13 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Thanks! I added your nicely organized list to the 2020 News thread too.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I swear if the AT-RT/BARC combo is anything but an army builder, people will riot. So I hope there are no named clones in it.

Rex might fit with the interceptor, and a Jet Trooper in the AAT, but I'd like a different (aka Non-501st) legion from the AT-RT/BARC. With both the 91st and the 212th on Anaxes, one of the two would be nice. Especially the 91st because damn they looked good. Other than those two, the options aren't exactly endless, but as long as it's not more Kashyyyk Troopers, there's nothing to worry about.

I think Rex as 1/4 the spots would be ok, rex in an army builder is better than no rex at all, though I'd prefer he shows up in the tank. Again, if we get captain rex.

3 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Ah my bad, I always thought it was based on him! It is odd how Lego seems to avoid named clones sometimes, instead going for background characters instead. Maybe so it's more accessible to people who don't know the characters' names? 

I thought that guy was Colt, but I guess not. :shrug_oh_well:. I think it's done to make it easier for army-building, like most people just see private bastaren (guy from tie striker) as a generic rebel, for example.

22 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we know if the set with the 501st is going to be based off of the movies or Clone Wars?

I assume you mean the AT-RT and BARC? As far as we know it's not 501st, but will probably be based off of the clone wars.

7 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Based on when I got loads of Clone Wars sets when I was younger I'm pretty sure we've never got a named Clone Troopers who's not an officer: Cody, Rex, Gree, Wolf, Fox, etc are all captains or commanders.

True. But at the time the original Clone Wars waves were being released, the designers weren’t working with the whole story and for the most part wouldn’t have known which non-main characters would have appeal or not. But now, the popularity (and desire for figs) of these characters has grown immensely. Whenever I see people talk about favorite characters from CW, the clones like Jesse and Fives are almost always somewhere to be found.

11 hours ago, Renown said:

:( 

Sir Von Lego you are not, but no offense meant.  You were the indeed who I was referring to.  Tough to remember names in a thread filled with unregulated diarrhea.

But I am sorry, it was “brought up” recently so no credit to you :grin:

4 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Sir Von Lego you are not, but no offense meant.  You were the indeed who I was referring to.  Tough to remember names in a thread filled with unregulated diarrhea.

But I am sorry, it was “brought up” recently so no credit to you :grin:

;) 

44 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

True. But at the time the original Clone Wars waves were being released, the designers weren’t working with the whole story and for the most part wouldn’t have known which non-main characters would have appeal or not. But now, the popularity (and desire for figs) of these characters has grown immensely. Whenever I see people talk about favorite characters from CW, the clones like Jesse and Fives are almost always somewhere to be found.

I think tampering expectations to "Just Rex at best" is probably the best approach at the moment.  I don't think it's super likely for us to get a BARC set based on any specific episodes or season, I think it'll be one of the more generic Clone Wars sets (like the Gunship or AT-TE) where it's not really modeled after a scene in particular.  I think it'd be possible for them to give us an ARC trooper without a specific name, like the one in the battle pack that a few people have mentioned, but realistically, I would set your expectations low, and if we do somehow get a bunch of new named clones, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

26 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I think tampering expectations to "Just Rex at best" is probably the best approach at the moment.  I don't think it's super likely for us to get a BARC set based on any specific episodes or season, I think it'll be one of the more generic Clone Wars sets (like the Gunship or AT-TE) where it's not really modeled after a scene in particular.  I think it'd be possible for them to give us an ARC trooper without a specific name, like the one in the battle pack that a few people have mentioned, but realistically, I would set your expectations low, and if we do somehow get a bunch of new named clones, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I didn't realize that many people wanted named clones in this set, but that means along with:

16 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I swear if the AT-RT/BARC combo is anything but an army builder, people will riot. So I hope there are no named clones in it.

The only outcome that won't result in intense anger from part of the lego community is the four clones being along the lines of Fives, Jesse, 91st trooper, 212th trooper. Which is supremely unlikely.

I think, as I've said before, the best outcome is rex and a mix of clones, I think rex is likely, as well as an ARF trooper/AT-RT driver (apparently these aren't the same thing?), maybe with 2 normal p2s being 501st, 91st, 212th, shiny, or a mix thereof.

Just now, I_hate_my_ears said:

4chan poster who posted the dodge charger extremely early this morning says April 26th for star wars summer leaks

I highly doubt that. Besides it being weirdly specific it's way too early for setpictures for sets that don't come out untill august to leak

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I highly doubt that. Besides it being weirdly specific it's way too early for setpictures for sets that don't come out untill august to leak

Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.

18 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Any rumour of D2C’s and UCS this year? 

Rumored A-Wing for May 4th

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

4chan? Really? :head_back: We must be getting desperate here if we start fishing in that filthy, deceased, rotten, smelly cesspool 

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany. 

The only credit this guy's got is that he posted images of lego fast and furious, don't expect the sets to get revealed april 26th. (Seriously, why some arbitrary date almost a month away?

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.

hahahahahaha!

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Any rumour of D2C’s and UCS this year? 

As many comments from the previous page have said, the A-wing for may the fourth.

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Wouldn't suprise me if it's because people won't stop complaining about not getting clones C and D after getting A and B in a set

Yeah, lego fans are our own worst enemies half the time. Take, for example, the folks who decided that the 501st battlepack was a human right :grin:

Edited by Mandalorianknight

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Not that I have a problem with it but why are you replying to a comment from half a year ago that has absolutely nothing to do with the current discussion? Seems a bit random :tongue:

Good question....lol.  I must have clicked the wrong page.  I thought it was recent.