MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

You people and your made up definitions... 

Meriam Webster:

Spoiler:

"3: information about the plot of a motion picture or TV program that can spoil a viewer's sense of surprise or suspense also : a person who discloses such information.... "

'making your watching experience worse'. It's about finding something out and removing the surprise of not knowing it. 

Which can relate to *anything* to do with the film. 

Just because some news outlets have stated it, doesn't mean its not a spoiler. 

@mkjosha

Thats actually a bit of a cop out. I have no issue whatsoever avoiding spoilers of star wars films on the Internet until I come here. Here. Here is the only place I have issues, because people don't have the courtesy to use spoiler brackets (the prior mentioned spoiler was then stated as 's2 being another opportunity to give us another Ahsoka fig'... So no, your spoiler brackets were pretty pointless.)

A casting announcement is still a spoiler. I'd not be surprised to hear baby yoda still in it. I'd not be surprised to still see the mandolorian in it. I would have been pleasantly surprised to see Ahsoka in it. But not now. 

Can I point out this is the 2020 set discussion/rumour thread, which is meant to be talk of sets with weight behind their rumour and all he's doing is wishlisting...? Why wasn't that picked up on? 

Must be nice living in the States getting all the good TV shows first not having to care much about spoilers.... 

Edited by Fuppylodders

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Meriam Webster:

Spoiler:

"3: information about the plot of a motion picture or TV program that can spoil a viewer's sense of surprise or suspense also : a person who discloses such information.... "

'making your watching experience worse'. It's about finding something out and removing the surprise of not knowing it. 

@mkjosha

Thats actually a bit of a cop out. I have no issue whatsoever avoiding spoilers of star wars films on the Internet until I come here. Here. Here is the only place I have issues, because people don't have the courtesy to use spoiler brackets (the prior mentioned spoiler was then stated as 's2 being another opportunity to give us another Ahsoka fig'... So no, your spoiler brackets were pretty pointless.)

A casting announcement is still a spoiler. I'd not be surprised to hear baby yoda still in it. I'd not be surprised to still see the mandolorian in it. I would have been pleasantly surprised to see Ahsoka in it. But not now. 

Can I point out this is the 2020 set discussion/rumour thread, which is meant to be talk of sets with weight behind their rumour and all he's doing is wishlisting...? Why wasn't that picked up on? 

Must be nice living in the States getting all the good TV shows first not having to care much about spoilers.... 

Yousa 2 pages late!  Wesa already end Wesa fighting! Also, meesa think casting announcement isn't a spoiler. Jar Jar outsa!

jarjar.jpg

6 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Meriam Webster:

Spoiler:

@mkjosha

You're like a few pages late. Don't start that discussion again. We came to one conclusion with the mod, so don't start it again.

8 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Meriam Webster:

Spoiler:

@mkjosha

*ArrowBricks has entered chat*

Man I can’t wait for the minifigure leaks for Star Wars. Hoping there’s some new Clone Wars figures 

Edited by ArrowBricks

Feel free to PM me after you've read pages 135 and 136 about spoilers. Otherwise, please keep our discussion about 2020 Sets.

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Man I can’t wait for the minifigure leaks for Star Wars. Hoping there’s some new Clone Wars figures 

I'm hoping the minifigure contents of these clone wars sets leak soon. We know the basic makeup of the belbullab-22 (Obi-wan, grievous, an orange-marked clone who is not cody). We know anakin's interceptor probably comes with at least anakin and R2, and hopefully some other figure. We know 4 clones and 2 droids are coming in the AT-RT and BARC set, but nothing about which clones or droids. (hoping for rex and mix of legions, but that's wishful thinking to the extreme.) And then we have no idea whatsoever who comes in the AAT. The minifigures will probably make or break this wave for a lot of people. 

I'm going to ignore the arguing of whether or not it's a spoiler breaking out again, because a moderator already made a decision on whether or not it was.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm hoping the minifigure contents of these clone wars sets leak soon. We know the basic makeup of the belbullab-22 (Obi-wan, grievous, an orange-marked clone who is not cody). We know anakin's interceptor probably comes with at least anakin and R2, and hopefully some other figure. We know 4 clones and 2 droids are coming in the AT-RT and BARC set, but nothing about which clones or droids. (hoping for rex and mix of legions, but that's wishful thinking to the extreme.) And then we have no idea whatsoever who comes in the AAT. The minifigures will probably make or break this wave for a lot of people. 

I'm going to ignore the arguing of whether or not it's a spoiler breaking out again, because a moderator already made a decision on whether or not it was.

Only june stuff is leaking so I doubt we'll see any Star Wars figures untill a month or 2 from now

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Only june stuff is leaking so I doubt we'll see any Star Wars figures untill a month or 2 from now

Normally I'd say we could get backdoor factory leaks before then, just like we did with the Cloud Car pilot or other various figs the past few years many months in advance of the set releasing, but I'm not even sure if their factories are still running at the moment, so I would guess it might be a little while.

17 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Normally I'd say we could get backdoor factory leaks before then, just like we did with the Cloud Car pilot or other various figs the past few years many months in advance of the set releasing, but I'm not even sure if their factories are still running at the moment, so I would guess it might be a little while.

We're still getting factory leaks for the other themes, and besides that if they shut down the factories we would have heard about it by now.

56 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

True, but it's possible we could get a leak of what the minifigures will be before we actually see them.

Regarding the general direction of this topic, please keep in mind that there is also a 2020 News thread. We created 2 separate threads a couple years ago to allow for speculation and discussion here in this thread while still having a place for official leaks or news in the 2020 News thread. I'm only one guy, and I have a life outside Eurobricks so the News thread is open for anyone to post in. I certainly can't keep track of all the SW leaks. If you have an "official" leak, substantiated rumor (A-wing being a good example), or other news you can post it in that thread. Please don't post leaked photos or links to them, but you can tell people where to find them. If your post in the News thread is inappropriate it will be removed.

The first post of this topic has the link to the 2020 News thread if you need it in the future.

I hope I didn't scare everyone off. It's been so weird to go almost a week without someone posting here. You guys can feel free to keep discussing!

57 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I hope I didn't scare everyone off. It's been so weird to go almost a week without someone posting here. You guys can feel free to keep discussing!

There's been nothing to discuss, unless you want us to start panicking about the virus here, too. :laugh:

I'll try to restart some discussion, not that we haven't all been bickering about this for awhile but what figures do you think we could see in the TCW sets?
Currently we know:
Anakin and R2 are almost certainly in the interceptor, but it's possible we could see another figure.

We know 4 clones and 2 droids are in the tank, but we don't know which clones or droids. It could be rex, fives, echo, and jesse with 2 commandos or 4 p1 shinies with 2 b1s for all we know.

The AAT is the most unknown figure-wise, but if ahsoka is in this wave, it'll probably be here.

And we know obi-wan, Grievous, and a white and orange clone are in the soulless one, but we don't know if it's a 212th trooper or an airborne (it's not supposed to be cody, though) 

We know not all of these are based on season 7 because (I really doubt this is a spoiler but just to be safe)

Spoiler

Grievous and the soulless one aren't in any of the episodes, and unless he shows up in the latter half of the ahsoka arc he probably won't be in it

, so it's possible we could get figures not based on this season, or with outfits not from this season.

30 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There's been nothing to discuss, unless you want us to start panicking about the virus here, too. :laugh:

I'll try to restart some discussion, not that we haven't all been bickering about this for awhile but what figures do you think we could see in the TCW sets?
Currently we know:
Anakin and R2 are almost certainly in the interceptor, but it's possible we could see another figure.

We know 4 clones and 2 droids are in the tank, but we don't know which clones or droids. It could be rex, fives, echo, and jesse with 2 commandos or 4 p1 shinies with 2 b1s for all we know.

The AAT is the most unknown figure-wise, but if ahsoka is in this wave, it'll probably be here.

And we know obi-wan, Grievous, and a white and orange clone are in the soulless one, but we don't know if it's a 212th trooper or an airborne (it's not supposed to be cody, though)  

We know not all of these are based on season 7 because (I really doubt this is a spoiler but just to be safe)

Reveal hidden contents

Grievous and the soulless one aren't in any of the episodes, and unless he shows up in the latter half of the ahsoka arc he probably won't be in it

, so it's possible we could get figures not based on this season, or with outfits not from this season.

Thanks! I added your nicely organized list to the 2020 News thread too.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Currently we know:

I swear if the AT-RT/BARC combo is anything but an army builder, people will riot. So I hope there are no named clones in it.

Rex might fit with the interceptor, and a Jet Trooper in the AAT, but I'd like a different (aka Non-501st) legion from the AT-RT/BARC. With both the 91st and the 212th on Anaxes, one of the two would be nice. Especially the 91st because damn they looked good. Other than those two, the options aren't exactly endless, but as long as it's not more Kashyyyk Troopers, there's nothing to worry about.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My guesses (combination of expectations and some wishlisting) are:

Interceptor - Anakin (possibility dark red/navy CW outfit), R2-D2, and Padme w/ a new outfit (ex. her wedding dress)

AT-RT: Fives, Waxer, Phase II 501st, Phase II 212th, and 2 B1s (slightly inspired by the Umbara arc)

AAT - Super Tactical Droid, some combination of B1s/B2s, Ahsoka (likely S7 design) and 332nd Rex or generic 332nd (I know timeline doesn’t make sense for them fighting Separatists, but that hasn’t stopped Lego before) 

Souless One: Grievous, Obi-Wan, and honestly still think it will turn out to be Phase II Cody. Only way I see I can see them justifying a $80 Soulless One.

Edited by UberCorp

Knowing how LEGO tends to operate, my guess is that if we do get a Rex or Ahsoka figure, Rex will be in the BARC and Ahsoka will be in the AAT.  I would honestly be very surprised  if the BARC doesn't come with Rex but the AAT does.  Of course, there's definitely a significant chance that we don't get Rex at all, but since this is really the last chance LEGO has to do more than one Clone Wars set in a wave, I would assume there's a decent chance we get him.

I also am wondering what figures we get with the AT-AT.  I think Luke with a grappling hook, at least one AT-AT driver, and potentially General Veers are pretty safe guesses, but at $150 I would assume it comes with at least five figures.  Maybe two AT-AT drivers, Veers, Luke, and a snowtrooper with a ground cannon?  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Since there isn't really any new information, and we probably can't expect any for a while (at least until the next batch of winter sets leaks, which probably won't be for another 4 months or so), I do wonder if there was legitimacy to the info a while back that we'd be getting an August retail exclusive priced around, I want to say, $90?  I think at the time, people were assuming the TIE helmet was Exegol, so I wonder if that retail exclusive could be Exegol?  It definitely sounds really big for that scene, but the Final Duel set with Vader vs. Luke that got released around five years ago was around $80-90, so I guess they could do something similar in size to that.  

Last year, the Tantive IV was officially revealed on April 12th. We are two weeks from that date, but seeing as how TLG has been revealing sets closer and closer to their release, we might not get any official info about the May the 4th UCS until the weeks of the 19th or the 26th.

There was a rumor floating around a few weeks (or months) back about the next UCS being an A-Wing. I believe the rumored price is 200$, but did this A-Wing rumor originate from a trustworthy source, or is it just an assumption that is based simply on the fact that we already have X-, Y- and B- Wings?

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

There was a rumor floating around a few weeks (or months) back about the next UCS being an A-Wing. I believe the rumored price is 200$, but did this A-Wing rumor originate from a trustworthy source, or is it just an assumption that is based simply on the fact that we already have X-, Y- and B- Wings?

It was more than the latter, but it wasn’t originally posted by anyone that was well known (if memory serves). 

34 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

It was more than the latter, but it wasn’t originally posted by anyone that was well known (if memory serves). 

It's been brought up several times, most recently by me, then @jdubbs replied saying essentially "where there's smoke there's fire", so since the A-Wing is very much the smoke, it's a sure fire for the UCS slot this year.

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

:( 

6 hours ago, UberCorp said:

Interceptor - Anakin (possibility dark red/navy CW outfit), R2-D2, and Padme w/ a new outfit (ex. her wedding dress)

Looking at previous Interceptors I wouldn't expect more than Anakin and R2

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Looking at previous Interceptors I wouldn't expect more than Anakin and R2

That would suck since we also got Ani + R2 in the last Jedi Starfighter two years ago, but I can definitely see them doing that :sceptic: As you say, you can‘t expect more than pilot + Astromech for most Jedi crafts, be it Delta (Starfighter) or Eta (Interceptor)

8 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

That would suck since we also got Ani + R2 in the last Jedi Starfighter two years ago, but I can definitely see them doing that :sceptic: As you say, you can‘t expect more than pilot + Astromech for most Jedi crafts, be it Delta (Starfighter) or Eta (Interceptor)

I would definetely want to see Padme in the set as she is criminally underused in LEGO sets and one of my favorite characters. But the only Interceptor to have more than 2 figures was Anakin's Interceptor from 2012, which was $10 more expensive than the new version will be. Jedi Starfighters are fairly similar, though Saesee Tiin's Starfighter from 2012 did come with 3 figures (though that's probably too old a set to properly compare to today's ''standards''). For long time SW fans this is most likely going to be a very boring and easy to skip set

Edited by Guyon2002