MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The Stormtrooper looks way better out of the box.  I know a few pages back someone suggested that it looked more like the Lego Stormtrooper helmet and I definitely can see that looking at the unboxed version.  It almost reminds me of the original Lego Stormtrooper helmet design (aka, the best one they've made, IMO :grin:).  I still don't think I'll shell out the $60-70 that it's supposed to sell for, but if they end up on clearance I may snag one.

17 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

My counterpart would be, I put it in my freezer! (Call me freezer, Carbon Freezer)

Hahahaha!

5 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

The Stormtrooper looks way better out of the box.  I know a few pages back someone suggested that it looked more like the Lego Stormtrooper helmet and I definitely can see that looking at the unboxed version.  It almost reminds me of the original Lego Stormtrooper helmet design (aka, the best one they've made, IMO :grin:).  I still don't think I'll shell out the $60-70 that it's supposed to sell for, but if they end up on clearance I may snag one.

Yeah, to me it looks like the 2001 stormtrooper helmet design too, especially in terms of the eyes and mouth.

I forget exactly, but I think right now we know of:

April wave: Boba fett and stormtrooper, D-0, possible another set.

Summer wave: Anakin's interceptor, BARC and AT-RT with 4 clones, AAT, Night buzzard, Grievous's starfighter, AT-AT, baby yoda + mando brickheadz.

September: Razorcrest, 

My question is if we know anything about whether the april set is coming out or not, or anything about more potential summer sets as I think someone said a while back.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
mixed up brickheadz date.

The Mando/Child brickhead is August, not September. The advent will also be September, and the first of the D2Cs should be out in May, at $200ish.

56 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

The Mando/Child brickhead is August, not September. The advent will also be September, and the first of the D2Cs should be out in May, at $200ish.

Thanks for the re-confirmation :thumbup: Btw, any update on 75274? Is it still a thing or has it silently been cancelled? I just want the uncertainty to end :grin:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Hahahaha!

Yeah, to me it looks like the 2001 stormtrooper helmet design too, especially in terms of the eyes and mouth.

I forget exactly, but I think right now we know of:

April wave: Boba fett and stormtrooper, D-0, possible another set.

Summer wave: Anakin's interceptor, BARC and AT-RT with 4 clones, AAT, Night buzzard, Grievous's starfighter, AT-AT.

September: Razorcrest, baby yoda + mando brickheadz.

My question is if we know anything about whether the april set is coming out or not, or anything about more potential summer sets as I think someone said a while back.

Lego still hasn’t even officially revealed the helmets, a retailer accidentally did so I don’t know when they’re planning to do that. But when they do, we get to find out whether the fourth set is coming or not.

9 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Lego still hasn’t even officially revealed the helmets, a retailer accidentally did so I don’t know when they’re planning to do that. But when they do, we get to find out whether the fourth set is coming or not.

Not necessarily, if D-0 can be revealed separately from the rest of the wave, the fourth set can easily be separate from the rest of the helmets. No need to panic yet.

I think a new Veers is a safe assumption for the ATAT set, and I’m curious if they’ll use the new helmet from the Solo wave for him.

59 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

I think a new Veers is a safe assumption for the ATAT set, and I’m curious if they’ll use the new helmet from the Solo wave for him.

I would hope so, that helmet is far superior to the old one.

4 hours ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

As @BigGuy4U says, they could also reveal it later. I don't think we 100% will know when it's confirmed to have been cancelled until april 15th comes and passes without the set coming out :laugh_hard:

5 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Thanks! I updated my post to get the brickheadz date right.

So that's the last april set right? Kinda disappointing but at least it saves me yet another 70 euros, April wave is kinda trash imo

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

So that's the last april set right? Kinda disappointing but at least it saves me yet another 70 euros, April wave is kinda trash imo

The bad news is: It only saves you 60 Euros ;)

25 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I knew it would be another helmet. The price being exactly the same couldn’t be a coincidence. That’s why I didn’t want to get my hopes up for a regular system set

Well then no duel on Exegol I guess :(

18 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Well then no duel on Exegol I guess :(

Yep. There must‘ve been a misunderstanding with the wishlist hints then... :sad: Our last chance is that unknown retailer exclusive but I‘m definitely not getting my hopes up again.

This is quite an unspectacular wave I have to say. And not even a single minifig in any of the sets (unless you count the D-O fig). Maybe the D2C includes one, but it‘s most likely going to be a boring pilot anyway :snicker:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Yep. There must‘ve been a misunderstanding with the wishlist hints then... :sad: Our last chance is that unknown retailer exclusive but I‘m definitely not getting my hopes up again.

This is quite an unspectacular wave I have to say. And not even a single minifig in any of the sets (unless you count the D-O fig). Maybe the D2C includes one, but it‘s most likely going to be a boring pilot anyway :snicker:

Yep the D-O box art really sums up this April wave for me: cold, bland and uninspiring. But my purse says thank you. :shrug_confused: 

If the 3rd helmet was a Clone Helmet I would’ve been happier. It seems that the only helmet I may buy now is the Iron man if it looks good (or if they put out a Mando or Clone Trooper). If the wave tanks, maybe I’ll make my own. I am curious how they’ll do the pipes in the pilot helmet 

Well now my May the Fourth list is now barren. I will probably just skip it. The helmets are okay, but it would not have hurt to throw in a figure of the characters, it is not like Fett, Stormtroopers or Tie Fighter Pilots would require a print or mold.

The helmets would‘ve been cool as a supplement to one of the other waves, but as their own wave? :sad: That‘s like if they released the Constraction figures as their own waves rather than additional sets

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think the principal "misunderstanding" as you put it is that people keep looking for ways to rationalize the things they want into a manifest reality. As I've tried to say repeatedly, keep expectations low (and you can only be pleasantly surprised) but folks seem bound and determined to do the opposite...

On 2/14/2020 at 12:28 AM, jdubbs said:

And, I wasn’t necessarily referring to the summer wave. The wishlist I referenced covered the april wave too. 

What were you hinting at exactly? Or was there a TIE Pilot helmet on @ARC2149Nova‘s wishlist? :head_back:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

What were you hinting at exactly? Or was there a TIE Pilot helmet on @ARC2149Nova‘s wishlist? :head_back:

Shouldn't that be clear by now? Anakin's interceptor. 

Just now, jdubbs said:

Shouldn't that be clear by now? Anakin's interceptor. 

Then I must‘ve misremembered things because I thought that one was already confirmed before your statement... Whoops :blush: Thanks for clarifying!

Edited by Lego-Freak

Well that's a disappointment... I would love Kylo Ren's helmet, I would buy it immediately. Darth Vader, Clonetrooper, Mandalorian, Preatorian Guard or even Phasma - all of them would be amazing choices, but TIE Fighter Pilot is not really a good choice... The good thing is, it has 100 more pieces for the same price as other helmets.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

This is the first Star Wars wave in a very long time where I don't even have the slightest bit of interest in any of the sets  

44 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This is the first Star Wars wave in a very long time where I don't even have the slightest bit of interest in any of the sets  

Exactly my thoughts. January wave did appeal to me a little, therefore 3 sets I bought - Mustafar duel, Mandalorian BP and Sith Trooper BP. The rest were either remakes, overpriced or unappealing. April wave and August wave... yikes. Not a single set that interests me.