MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Is the named Clone Commander Cody in the grievous set? 

I think the "Named clone" thing was a typo on the part of the blog that reposted the info, they came on here to clear that up.  I believe there was a mistake in translation and they didn't mean to put that he was a named clone.  I think we've gotten confirmation it's not Commander Cody, so I think it's highly unlikely that they'd give us a different named clone, especially since Cody is one of like two clones actually given a name in Ep III and the other was a pilot from the start of the movie (I realize that expanded universe and other sources gave us names of others, but there's pretty much zero chance that Lego gives us a clone that 99% of Lego Star Wars fans have never even heard of). 

5 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

(I realize that expanded universe and other sources gave us names of others, but there's pretty much zero chance that Lego gives us a clone that 99% of Lego Star Wars fans have never even heard of). 

I mean, we do have Gree... Besides, is 99% really ignorant of other Star Wars lore? I'm sure it's a lot less than that. Besides, obscurity means nothing to the Star Wars fandom. That being said, since it's not Cody, the only reasonable figure is a normal 212th trooper.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

I mean, we do have Gree... Besides, is 99% really ignorant of other Star Wars lore? I'm sure it's a lot less than that. Besides, obscurity means nothing to the Star Wars fandom. That being said, since it's not Cody, the only reasonable figure is a normal 212th trooper.

Fair point on Gree, I guess I should've prefaced that with clones specifically from the Utapau scenes, outside of Cody, are unknown to probably 99% of SW fans.  I'm sure they do have names, but I would bet a large sum of money that there's no chance Lego would give us a different named clone from the Utapau scenes than Cody since the only way to figure out those names would be going fairly deep into EU stuff.  

2 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Fair point on Gree, I guess I should've prefaced that with clones specifically from the Utapau scenes, outside of Cody, are unknown to probably 99% of SW fans.  I'm sure they do have names, but I would bet a large sum of money that there's no chance Lego would give us a different named clone from the Utapau scenes than Cody since the only way to figure out those names would be going fairly deep into EU stuff.  

It's not going to be a named clone though, Stonewars made a mistake when they were writing the article. It's a colored clone trooper, not a named one.

39 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

That being said, since it's not Cody, the only reasonable figure is a normal 212th trooper.

That makes sense from a certain point of view...namely, that it's a EP 3 set :) jdubbs has pointed out elsewhere that until today, very view sets from TCW series have been remade. But our experiences with remade sets from TCW series predate Disney+.

That doesn't mean that I expect e. g. Commander Fil in this set, or another Phase I clone. But it means that currently, we have no clue if the set is based on EP 3 or TCW series, and have no criteria to determine what is "likely".

It's more like:

"Assuming it's an EP 3 set, and assuming it contains a clone trooper, which kinda was confirmed by a leaker, and assuming the clone trooper that allegedly is included is not Commander Cody, which was kinda confirmed as well, than it seems very likely that it's a Phase II 212th trooper!"

Edited by Brickadeer

More pictures of the helmets surfaced. Interesting enough, it makes me like Stormtrooper Helmet more, but the Boba Fett one less. I actually really like Stormie now, great build. I really hate Fett's chunky antenna and wierd upper visor.

But no matter how good they look, they are not worth $70/60€. It doesn't have minifigures nor any big pieces.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

That being said, since it's not Cody, the only reasonable figure is a normal 212th trooper.

Or an airborne trooper.

latest?cb=20061207162840

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Pretty much, but as long as lego doesn't officially reveal the set the price could end up being higher or lower

Imagine a non-ucs grievous starfighter for $100, I think i'd quit buying lego altogether. 
I know you just meant that we don't 100% know the exact price, but the thought of that set being more expensive is horrifying

11 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

Or an airborne trooper.

*snip*

True.

51 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Imagine a non-ucs grievous starfighter for $100, I think i'd quit buying lego altogether. 
I know you just meant that we don't 100% know the exact price, but the thought of that set being more expensive is horrifying

They'll have a hard time selling such a set :laugh_hard: Jokes aside I think people in general are just buying less Star Wars sets because of the high prices, I definetely am. Its like most licensed themes have pretty much retained the same price-level for the last few years while Star Wars has been jacking them up like their lives depend on it

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

The only one that was named in Legends was Sergeant Barlex, aka a normal Airborne Trooper, so really no point in naming him. Boil could've been there, but since he's not in the movie, no chance.

I'm hesitant to think it's an Airborne, just because of the helmet difference. Not saying a journalist/leaker wouldn't still know it's a clone, but I'm inclined to believe it has the normal Phase II helmet. But, an Airborne would make more sense for a one-off figure. (And yes, I know we have them already).

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

They'll have a hard time selling such a set :laugh_hard: Jokes aside I think people in general are just buying less Star Wars sets because of the high prices, I definetely am. Its like most licensed themes have pretty much retained the same price-level for the last few years while Star Wars has been jacking them up like their lives depend on it

So much this. The most recent mainline purchases I've made have all been in the $20-$30 range. I want to get some of the bigger sets, but I can't justify the price for most of them.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's not going to be a named clone though, Stonewars made a mistake when they were writing the article. It's a colored clone trooper, not a named one.

Where did you even hear they made a mistake?

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

A Stonewars ambassador told us here on this forum several pages ago.

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Stonewars told us a few pages back

EDIT: ninja'd

Edited by Guyon2002

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't know, I'd say from what I know of marvel and DC they're getting more expensive too. It's warranted sometimes (inflation exists), but other times I feel like it's complaining for the sake of it. 

I will say though, there have been quite a few recently. Snoke's throne room, grievous's combat speeder, tantive IV, Poe's most recent x-wing, and the $30 landspeeder, among others

Edited by Mandalorianknight

This is way too small for 70$.I really hope they dont make multiple series out of it and we end up getting less sets and vehicles every year.

Credit to picture from exaclegogo_ on instagram.

Screenshot_5.jpg

Edited by PreVizsla
gave credit

1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

This is way too small for 70$.I really hope they dont make multiple series out of it and we end up getting less sets and vehicles every year.

i don't think so, if that's an average-sized adult it's definitely big enough, unless it's completely hollow.

44 minutes ago, karmajay said:

Those helmets are going to be the talk of my area when I display them at my office. :)

I'm planning on putting the stormtrooper on my desk, too!

43 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

"Out of box" pictures are warming me up to the Stormtrooper. It's still lacking, but it's okay.

I know! It's the opposite with Boba, I might buy the stormie instead and make a modified version of his helmet in the mando's colours.

2 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Yeah that’s a bit smaller than I was expecting. Makes me wonder what the weight will be. I get the SW tax is high but I’m not seeing the parts cost. 

Like the Porg, BB-8 and Yoda it looks like the part count is high because of all the little pieces that are used for the detailing. They're probably about as hollow as those sets are, so a frame in the middle and then built up to do the details. I like the look of these but I'm dreading what the Aussie price will be. I really hope these are available for long enough so they can get discounted. 

The Stormtrooper helmet looks like a blocky approximation of a stylised cartoon artwork of a Stormtrooper helmet. Yes it's recognisable, but it's an iconic and proliferated design already, so being recognisable isn't much of an accomplishment. Personally I think this falls into the category of "shapes too difficult for LEGO to pull off within the parameters of an official product so they shouldn't have tried", but great for those who like it.

Having seen the new official photos I’m liking the stormtrooper more, but I still like boba too. In the Boba photos it looks like a core structure similar to a brickheadz or the Saturn V. This means making a x-wing pilot helmet more difficult in my opinion.

I’m just curious as to what the actual U.K. price is going to be and if the bricks are printed or whether we have the joy of stickers.

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same for me, I went from buying every SW system scale set (even those I did not like) and some of the UCS to buying only a hand full of sets each year. :cry_sad:

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm planning on putting the stormtrooper on my desk, too!

My counterpart would be, I put it in my freezer! (Call me freezer, Carbon Freezer)

The out of box pictures definitely make the Stormtrooper helmet look so much better. I still really like the Boba Fett one but the visor just doesn't look quite right. They're quite small though and certainly not worth $70.