MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I think we need to see more pictures of these two sets. From the small picture of the Stormtrooper on the left side of the box, the front look appears to be much better than that from the side. It was the same with the Razor Crest. From the official picture the set doesn’t look that great and seems a bit out of proportions, but all the other pictures leaked afterwards showed that it is indeed a good set with the right proportions.

1 minute ago, storskogen said:

From the small picture of the Stormtrooper on the left side of the box, the front look appears to be much better than that from the side.

I was thinking the same, but it's just a skewed image so the faults aren't as obvious

52 minutes ago, sahidko said:

Any idea why these are 18+ btw?

No minfigures. They are for display only. Advanced build. Children wouldn't buy it.

There's no real reason, they just labelled it 18+ to show that it's not for children and it's a subtheme for AFOLs and collectors.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No minfigures. They are for display only. Advanced build. Children wouldn't buy it.

There's no real reason, they just labelled it 18+ to show that it's not for children and it's a subtheme for AFOLs and collectors.

Makes sense however by that logic i guess all the busts should have been 18+ as well. Not like it really matters of course. :)

Edited by sahidko

Just did some counting between the reveals and releases of the August and January waves and they came out to 6 weeks exactly. This April wave hasn’t been revealed officially by Lego yet but they should reveal the helmets and the fourth April set very soon according to the number of weeks I counted for the previous two waves.

@Guyon2002 They don't have to be ashamed. I'm not trying to insult any designer/artist, but if the work is terrible, it just is. I like writing, if something I do is terrible, I don't feel bad, I just try for better.

Apologies for misreading your statement as I did, but I don't think calling the product itself a disgrace is harsh. I'm sure the designers did what they could given whatever constraints they were put under, but the finished work leaves far too much to be desired.

In short, I'm separating art from artist, criticising one isn't the same as attacking the other.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

In case anyone is still panicking about the fourth set, just a reminder that the same thing happened with DC last year. The UCS Batmobile took a while to be leaked/announced and passed several "significant" dates to the point where some people started assuming the set was cancelled. I wouldn't worry unless the April wave gets released and we still know nothing about it.

21 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

40 year anniversary of ESB

And yet it's not even an ESB stormtrooper helmet, since it has gray teeth.

674039.jpg?b64lines=Qk9ZLCBJIFJFQUxMWQpI

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The price is $70 / 60€.

What does this say?

Image7.jpg

13 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

What does this say?

Prices may vary at different retailers, but the RRP (recommended retail price) is $70.

1 hour ago, BigGuy4U said:

In case anyone is still panicking about the fourth set, just a reminder that the same thing happened with DC last year. The UCS Batmobile took a while to be leaked/announced and passed several "significant" dates to the point where some people started assuming the set was cancelled. I wouldn't worry unless the April wave gets released and we still know nothing about it.

Lego always reveals before release so people shouldn’t panic unless Lego reveals the helmets officially and doesn’t reveal the fourth set. I’m thinking we’ll see it within a few days potentially! :grin:

45 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

What does this say?

*Snip*

Hello, US resident here, confirming that Walmart frequently marks sets down lower than MSRP. For comparison, Anakin's Starfighter from 2018 was $16 at release, with a standard MSRP of $20. $30 sets are usually $25, and the gap sometimes reaches to about $10. So Walmart listing it for $60 actually seems pretty much a confirmation of it being more than that. Hence, $70.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Hello, US resident here, confirming that Walmart frequently marks sets down lower than MSRP. For comparison, Anakin's Starfighter from 2018 was $16 at release, with a standard MSRP of $20. $30 sets are usually $25, and the gap sometimes reaches to about $10. So Walmart listing it for $60 actually seems pretty much a confirmation of it being more than that. Hence, $70.

While it is true that Walmart (and Target) have launched certain sets — in some waves — at discounted prices, it's also true that all of the January 2020 Star Wars sets launched at regular retail prices, and remain so 2+ months later. There is no guarantee that the April wave will be discounted from LEGO's suggested retail pricing when it is released.

11 hours ago, sahidko said:

Any idea why these are 18+ btw?

Strong violence and language. :roflmao:. Just to show they're for adults and not meant for kids. (what kid's going to want a boba fett helmet instead of, say, the razorcrest, anyway?)

Similar to most people, I love the boba fett one but think the stormtrooper is flawed. I can't get a good sense of scale, but depending on how large it is I might buy it. I think the stormtrooper looks kind of like the original lego stormtrooper helmets from 2001, just in how the eyes and mouth look.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Stormptrooper-helmet looks horrible, Boba-Helmet a bit better but still not ideal. Especially that wird brocken up visor doesn't look good. 60€ seems a bit high too, for the size the sets seem to have.

What if these helmets are actually intended to look like the minifig versions of the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett helmets? The more I look at the Stormtrooper helmet, the more it looks like the old minifig Stormtrooper helmet. Thinking of it that way actually makes it look a little better to me.

Ninja'd by Mandolorianknight

Edited by ToaDraco

Just now, ToaDraco said:

What if these helmets are actually intended to look like the minifig versions of the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett helmets? The more I look at the Stormtrooper helmet, the more it looks like the old minifig Stormtrooper helmet. Thinking of it that way actually makes it look a little better to me.

Ninja'd by Mandolorianknight

Well, like I ninja'd you with, it does look like the old helmet for the stormie, but not boba fett. That'd be an interesting build, though.

Is it confirmed if the new General Grievous Starfighter coming this year is going to be $80?

37 minutes ago, abwest said:

Is it confirmed if the new General Grievous Starfighter coming this year is going to be $80?

Pretty much, but as long as lego doesn't officially reveal the set the price could end up being higher or lower

11 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Is the named Clone Commander Cody in the grievous set? 

We don't know. It's said to be a clone, and it's said to be not plainly white. We don't know if it's Phase I or Phase II, and we don't know if it is a "named clone" or a regular trooper.

But due to the member "hoth rebel", it is most likely not  Commander Cody.

Edited by Brickadeer

I like the helmets and plan to collect them if they have more. I'd love to have 1:1 scale helmets but if this is all we get I'll enjoy them.

1 hour ago, karmajay said:

I like the helmets and plan to collect them if they have more. I'd love to have 1:1 scale helmets but if this is all we get I'll enjoy them.

There should be at least one other helmet this year (non-Star Wars).