MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Boba’s helmet looks incredible, the stormtrooper however has something off with the mouth grille or whatever you call it. Not gonna buy because there are other sets that I’d rather have but cool nonetheless.

Stormtrooper looks horrible,Boba Fetts is much much better but they are overpriced and this 40 year anniversary of ESB is just rubbing salt into wounds for ignoring anniversary of TPM last year.

Just now, PreVizsla said:

Stormtrooper looks horrible,Boba Fetts is much much better but they are overpriced and this 40 year anniversary of ESB is just rubbing salt into wounds for ignoring anniversary of TPM last year.

The lack of prequel love makes me very sad aswell... 

Looked over the stormtrooper again and can see why people don’t like it.

They do look quite nice, especially the Boba Fett helmet. I wasn't planning on picking any of them up but now I'm tempted to get that helmet for my Boba Fett display...

Like most everyone else, I think the stormtrooper looks off. But w/e, these were never going to be for me. I'm mostly just into playsets.

These are about what I expected. Stormtrooper looks weird, Boba looks very nice but neither are worth $70. I’ll probably pick up Boba’s if I find a really nice discount

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not necessarily. According to the rumours, the fourth set is an exclusive of sorts, so it'd make sense for it not to leak along with the busts :classic: Once the helmets and D-O appear on s@h and the fourth set doesn't, then we can start worrying :grin:

So don’t hit the panic button yet? I’m starting to get a little bit worried. :sceptic:

The Boba Fett set looks rather good. Nice to see they've given it a stand as well. I also love the box art here. Reminds me a lot of the Black Series products.

Good LeGod Almighty, what've they done to my boy TK-421!?

Boba gets the respect he deserves, as always, and as always the Stormie gets shafted. Might pick up Boba, but that Stormtrooper is a disgrace.

38 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

These are about what I expected. Stormtrooper looks weird, Boba looks very nice but neither are worth $70. I’ll probably pick up Boba’s if I find a really nice discount

Wait, the Busts are $70?!

I wasn't interested in them anyway but somehow these sets still managed to disappoint me. They just look really off to me, but at least the boxart looks really good!

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Stormtrooper helmet is awful. I hate those studs all over the helmet. Eyes and mouth are too small. Really bad.

Boba Fett helmet is cooler, but not much. I hate the studs, but there's less of them than on Stormtrooper one. Visor (black upper part) looks really weird. 

Completely agree

41 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Boba gets the respect he deserves, as always, and as always the Stormie gets shafted. Might pick up Boba, but that Stormtrooper is a disgrace.

I think saying it's a disgrace is a little harsh. I couldn't do it better, I'm assuming you can't do that either

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

A retailer put them up too early, classic leak :laugh:

That’s good to know because of it was a leak instead of an official reveal, that means we will get HD images of them as well as the images for 75274 (speculated to be “Duel on Exegol”) some time this week probably. :excited:

Just now, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

That’s good to know because of it was a leak instead of an official reveal, that means we will get HD images of them as well as the images for 75274 (speculated to be “Duel on Exegol”) some time this week probably. :excited:

Exactly. And if 75274 isn't part of the official reveal (whenever that happens), it can be considered cancelled :sceptic: Let's hope for the best though :thumbup:

43 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I couldn't do it better, I'm assuming you can't do that either

So, not being able to do better means it's above my criticism? What kind of logic is that? It's a terrible representation, especially given how good the Boba helmet is for the same price. There are mocs in the same style that are definitely better than this. Not saying it needs to be MOC quality, but for an official product, the rounds on the helmet (the central vents) are way too broken up and inconsistent. Top half until just below the lenses is okay.

I'm certain the curved bricks could be utilized more/better, the chin grill and filters  are okay, but the mouth grill is too big, the face is sloped with no definition (nose curve, cheek curves, chin curve), no dimples, I could go on.

But, I'm not interested in debating this. I stand by my original statement. It's far from perfect, whereas Boba is pretty much spot on.

12 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

So, not being able to do better means it's above my criticism? What kind of logic is that?

He couldn't do better, don't blame him

By the way, I assume the moon is 5 km away

Just now, AndrewShun said:

He couldn't do better, don't blame him

I mean, while building isn't my forte, I do have an eye for design, and I seriously think "parody/knockoff stormtrooper" when looking at that helmet. If it needed a higher price to be more accurate, then I'm sure some would be willing to drop the cash for a better model. Lego probably expects these to be a niche anyway, so go big and make bank.

Oof, that Stormtrooper helmet leaves a little to be desired; its mouthpiece is a tiny bit too high up, making the face look all squashed.

Fett’s helmet is quite nice though.

7 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

Wait, the Busts are $70?!

No, they're US$59.99. At least that's what Walmart has them in their stock system for.

I'm in for two of each. Based on the branding and appearance of the box, I have a suspicion that these are the start of a series, and the completionist in me can't miss one. Plus the boxes are beautiful.

1 hour ago, LEGOscum said:

No, they're US$59.99. At least that's what Walmart has them in their stock system for.

The price is $70 / 60€.

The Trooper is a no-no. Boba is MUCH better, but still too studdy. If they had used more slopes, that sand green would make it ROCKET off the shelves.

9 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

So, not being able to do better means it's above my criticism? What kind of logic is that? It's a terrible representation, especially given how good the Boba helmet is for the same price. There are mocs in the same style that are definitely better than this. Not saying it needs to be MOC quality, but for an official product, the rounds on the helmet (the central vents) are way too broken up and inconsistent. Top half until just below the lenses is okay.

I'm certain the curved bricks could be utilized more/better, the chin grill and filters  are okay, but the mouth grill is too big, the face is sloped with no definition (nose curve, cheek curves, chin curve), no dimples, I could go on.

But, I'm not interested in debating this. I stand by my original statement. It's far from perfect, whereas Boba is pretty much spot on.

That's not what I'm saying, not even close. The Stormtrooper doesn't look the greatest, that we can agree on. But saying it's a disgrace is pretty much the same thing as saying the designers need to be ashamed of themselves for designing that set, which is a bit harsh imo. That's why I said you and I probably couldn't do it better, which doesn't even come close to saying you can't critise it because you can't do better. Human beings put time and effort into designing this, there is no need for them to be ashamed of themselves just because someone (in this case you) thinks it doesn't look good.