MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

My only point is that 4 501st clones is extremely unlikely. That's why I'm presenting a secondary option (91st), that would still be viable in terms of TCW Season 7. I don't care either way. :shrug_confused:

I wasn't talking about you, just the thread in general. If I was specifically talking about you I would've quoted you

Just now, Mandalorianknight said:

We've only gotten an AT-RT set with an AT-RT driver once (I'm counting at-rt-based sets and not turbo tanks), So I wouldn't assume we'll see one. And I also think that IF these are going to be S7 clones, they'll be the ones with more screentime. (501st, 332nd, etc.)

We know that there will be four clones. That is confirmed by childish landino. What we don't know is what phase/legion/etc the clones will be. We can reasonably assume they will be phase 2, but we don't even know that for sure.

I think I'd personally prefer four blank p2 clones the most out of any option here, it's insane that the normal "shiny" p2 clones are more expensive than the 501st clones half the time.

I'd love to get more/any 501st troopers, no one is against the concept of a 501st battle pack as far as I know, and  honestly as long as they're p2 clones and at least 2 have normal p2 helmets, I'll be more than happy.

What are you talking about? The geonosis troopers are clearly shown in the third battle of geonosis, where darth jar jar fights jedi bob and the army of GONK droid space pirates attacks!

We've never gotten an AT-RT Driver, we have gotten Kashyyyk Scout Troopers, but not a dedicated driver.

I don't think anyone's opposed to a 501st pack either, just certain (very vocal and persistent) members of the Lego fan community would make too big of a fuss over it finally happening...for $30.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that scene! Man, the latter half of Season 6 was wild! :laugh:

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I wasn't talking about you, just the thread in general. If I was specifically talking about you I would've quoted you

It's not a problem, really. I was just clarifying my point.

On 2/29/2020 at 7:02 PM, LurkingEhlek said:

The last I can remember was the Flash Speeder all the way back in 2015, which was Tarpals, 2 Naboo guards and 2 droids, about the same as your speculation.

So at best, I could see an officer type clone (Probably Rex), and two other clones to pilot the speeder and AT-RT respectively against 2 droids, probably B1s. And even then, the Flash Speeder was a long time ago before the sequels made small sets on average a lower fig count.

Obi-wan's hut from this year had 4 if you want to count R2D2. Desert Skiff escape 75174 from 2017 also had four. (Chewie, Han, Boba, Skiff Guard)

19 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I get your reasoning, but this will only create false hope for Ahsoka, Maul, etc. We are going to see AATs in this last season (as the trailers show), so maybe some 501 Jet Troopers (in the same scene) at least. I highly doubt Lego is cheeky and/or clever enough to make a $30 battle pack that's so widely requested. If, and this is a major IF, we do get 501st clones, then the backlash among certain communities would be unimaginable.

So right now, 4 clones of unknown designation and legion. That's all we know, and that's all we can say for sure.

Heads will seriously roll if that happens. (Geonosis Troopers, anyone?)

I people get the clones they’ve been demanding and still find reason to complain, I give up on the Lego community 

2 hours ago, Nicknak said:

I've been rewatching The Clone Wars and noticed that in Season 4, Episode 11 (kidnapped), there were both AT-RT's and BARC Speeders deployed by the 501st and 212th. So far this is the only time I've noticed both the vehicles used in the show, and the set is said to be clone wars (as far as I've read) and it's unsure if season 7 would include a scene with both vehicles.

It's hopefully an educated speculation (I apologise if it's not and is instead a wishlist kind of post) as it kind of aligns with the leak of there being 501st troopers included and being a clone wars set. Does anybody know of any other scenes that the set could be based off of?

For such questions, it's easiest to check out https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki If you compare the episodes the AT-RT appeared in with the episodes the BARC speeder appeared in, you'll find that both vehicles appeared in the episode "The Hidden Enemy" as well :) Both vehicles appeared in "Battlefront II" and in "Revenge of the Sith", of course.

As it was already pointed out, it may be misguiding to think of sets as being based on certain scenes.

Edited by Brickadeer

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

What are you talking about? The geonosis troopers are clearly shown in the third battle of geonosis, where darth jar jar fights jedi bob and the army of GONK droid space pirates attacks!

Is it sad that I really want to see this battle?  :laugh:

Anyway, I respect peoples' interest in The Clone Wars, but personally I'm getting burnt out by the franchise.  The new Razor Crest is pretty neat.  Other than that, D-O and the busts are of no interest to me.  However, I have high hopes for the May the Fourth set, until proven otherwise.

6 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Person that reported 4 clones said they are 501st,so only speculation should be is it orange or blue helmets and not name every 266 clone regiments. 

Were there really only 266 clone regiments?

For the Geonosis pack, I still insist that it should have been the Clone Wars special ops agents. Then they could’ve done a stealth ship with Admiral Yularan, 2 special ops troops, Anakin and Trench. Does anyone else think we may get a vulture droid or something with Anakin’s Interceptor? 

26424255-AD49-4EBE-8F4D-9F63A5B34918.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Captain_MKA said:

Does anyone else think we may get a vulture droid or something with Anakin’s Interceptor? 

It’s a 30$ set, so the answer is pretty much ‘nope’ :shrug_oh_well:

14 minutes ago, Captain_MKA said:

Were there really only 266 clone regiments?

I was referring to people guessing 266 known regiments from https://clonetrooper.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_clone_trooper_units instead of trusting person that first leaked info about the set saying there are four 501st troopers.

Its really hard to guess exact number of clones or clone regiments cause Lucasfilm never wanted to reveal the fixed number of clone troopers,all we know there were 200 000 units ready and million on the way (from episode 2),Sifo-Dyas original order was for 3 million and in clone wars Senate ordered additional 5 million clones.
Now did Lama Su meant 1 unit is a single clone or multiple clones,we dont know,and the novels written about it are divided with Karen Traviss writing in her commando novels that unit is a single soldier,while Curtiss Saxton said in his novels that unit means battalion.
We also know that the droids outnumbered clones 100:1 and there were quintillions battle droids.
So there are probably more regiments but we dont have names or information on them.

23 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

I was referring to people guessing 266 known regiments from https://clonetrooper.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_clone_trooper_units instead of trusting person that first leaked info about the set saying there are four 501st troopers.

Yeah, but we're only having this discussion because childish_landino (from what I can tell, a trusted source) said four "unknown" clones. If they truly are 501st, only time will tell, but because the person chose to tell MandR first (and given his connection to the Battle Pack campaign), I'm highly suspect as to it being 501st. I trust that we're getting 4 clones only because childish_landino said so. I'm not going any further beyond that. It's fun to speculate, I'll admit, but I'm not setting my heart on any one division (especially the 501st).

Besides, 4 clones is 4 clones. I'm sure we'll be happy no matter which four clones it is.

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I get your reasoning, but this will only create false hope for Ahsoka, Maul, etc. We are going to see AATs in this last season (as the trailers show), so maybe some 501 Jet Troopers (in the same scene) at least. I highly doubt Lego is cheeky and/or clever enough to make a $30 battle pack that's so widely requested. If, and this is a major IF, we do get 501st clones, then the backlash among certain communities would be unimaginable.

My whole point wasn't that we'd get Ahsoka or Maul, I was attempting to address the people above me who were wondering what scene/season the BARC set was based off of and therefore attempting to figure out if we'd get any specific clones or not.  I'm saying that it's very unlikely that the set even has anything to do with a specific scene and is just a generic speeder, walker and clones with two droids to fight against.  Personally I couldn't care less what regiment the clones are from, I'm just saying that show accuracy is not a priority when it comes to Clone Wars stuff.

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

We've never gotten an AT-RT Driver, we have gotten Kashyyyk Scout Troopers, but not a dedicated driver.

I don't think anyone's opposed to a 501st pack either, just certain (very vocal and persistent) members of the Lego fan community would make too big of a fuss over it finally happening...for $30.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that scene! Man, the latter half of Season 6 was wild! :laugh:

Forgot they were called ARF troopers, not specifically AT-RT pilots, but we got the lightning squadron guys in that battle pack with random s1/s2 clones, and then a red and white ARF in the excellent ARC, ARF, and commando droid pack.

And yeah, I can see the #notmy501stbattlepack campaign now!

4 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Is it sad that I really want to see this battle?  :laugh:

Still a better concept than TPM and TLJ. :laugh_hard:

Theres an image somewhere of the Gonk from LSWTCS with a lightsaber taped to it, and just a few different angles showing how it would wield said lightsaber. It's pretty funny, but I can't find it.

2 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Yeah, but we're only having this discussion because childish_landino (from what I can tell, a trusted source) said four "unknown" clones. If they truly are 501st, only time will tell, but because the person chose to tell MandR first (and given his connection to the Battle Pack campaign), I'm highly suspect as to it being 501st. I trust that we're getting 4 clones only because childish_landino said so. I'm not going any further beyond that. It's fun to speculate, I'll admit, but I'm not setting my heart on any one division (especially the 501st).

Besides, 4 clones is 4 clones. I'm sure we'll be happy no matter which four clones it is.

Mark my words, they'll all be kashyyyk scouts. :laugh:

Yes, there is no confirmation of them being 501st clones, and I'd say the fact that childish landino specifically says UNKNOWN clones proves that we shouldn't believe that they're 501st until an actual reliable source says so

Edited by Mandalorianknight

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Childish Landino is a trusted user but i bet he intended for this information to be released later on with a goal to get more instagram followers,and was forced to confirm it earlier cause Ryan made a video and sparked a conversation here and on youtube.So it was either him posting it or some other trusted leaker confirming it before him.And Ryan got the info from his trusted source not random person messaging him cause he wants 501st battle pack.

And have in mind that LEGO Star Wars can no longer be 7th selling theme when LEGO is renewing their contract next year and especially if new deal with Hasbro is made that will open the doors for Star Wars CMF. They have to give in to peoples demands but will do them on their own terms and with people paying double.

I also agree its funny to speculate and i would rather have galactic marines or shock troopers than 501st but eh...
Only thing i would hate is getting orange helmet 501st and everyone crying about it and nitpicking.
I personally care more about AAT figures cause i want multiples of that set.

Forgot they were called ARF troopers, not specifically AT-RT pilots, but we got the lightning squadron guys in that battle pack with random s1/s2 clones, and then a red and white ARF in the excellent ARC, ARF, and commando droid pack.

You're right, I did wonder if you meant them, but like you said, Lego somehow restricted them to battle packs (and the May 4th Shadow Trooper :wub:)

NOO!!! :laugh:

19 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Childish Landino is a trusted user but i bet he intended for this information to be released later on with a goal to get more instagram followers,and was forced to confirm it earlier cause Ryan made a video and sparked a conversation here and on youtube.So it was either him posting it or some other trusted leaker confirming it before him.And Ryan got the info from his trusted source not random person messaging him cause he wants 501st battle pack.

A good point, however, them saying 501st could still be mere assumption on their part, (like Cody being in the Soulless One, though now we know he's not). But, only time will tell. I'm just happy to get a good army builder finally.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

My whole point wasn't that we'd get Ahsoka or Maul, I was attempting to address the people above me who were wondering what scene/season the BARC set was based off of and therefore attempting to figure out if we'd get any specific clones or not.  I'm saying that it's very unlikely that the set even has anything to do with a specific scene and is just a generic speeder, walker and clones with two droids to fight against.  Personally I couldn't care less what regiment the clones are from, I'm just saying that show accuracy is not a priority when it comes to Clone Wars stuff.

Got'cha. You're right, Lego is known to be all over the place. It's probably a loose tie-in anyway (as in CW-era, but not CW per se).

No that's not true, that's impossible!*oh2*:laugh_hard:

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

...(like Cody being in the Soulless One, though now we know he's not).

Do we know that? I don't remember anyone having explicitly said: "I know the minifigures included, and I can tell you for sure that Cody is not among them."

13 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

Do we know that? I don't remember anyone having explicitly said: "I know the minifigures included, and I can tell you for sure that Cody is not among them."

@Hoth Rebel said in no uncertain terms that Cody is not the third figure, though it is a clone trooper.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I’d laugh my M€g@bløcks off if that was the case :laugh_hard: Well, we wanted more clones, and more clones we’re gonna get :tongue: Be careful what you wish for...

Personally, I don’t really care which specific version it’s going to be, I just hope it’s somewhat new (be it an entirely new battalion/ trooper type or an updated version of one we’ve had before).

Edited by Lego-Freak

17 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

@Hoth Rebel said in no uncertain terms that Cody is not the third figure, though it is a clone trooper.

Thanks! You're right :)

On 2/4/2020 at 3:23 PM, Hoth Rebel said:

The Grievous set leaked because it was the only set in the catalog that had a picture. Also, there is no Commander Cody.

On 2/4/2020 at 3:37 PM, Hoth Rebel said:

It's a new variant/outfit. Don't recall if it's 212th. 

On 2/4/2020 at 3:49 PM, Hoth Rebel said:

It's always possible (that it is Cody), but I'm 99.99% sure it's not (Cody).

10 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

And have in mind that LEGO Star Wars can no longer be 7th selling theme when LEGO is renewing their contract next year and especially if new deal with Hasbro is made that will open the doors for Star Wars CMF. They have to give in to peoples demands but will do them on their own terms and with people paying double.

I'm gonna say that not only would it be a weird move to hide information you're able to confirm and then be "forced to" because some youtuber said similar information, and I trust Landino more than Ryan given that he's got a much higher accuracy rate. 

Also...it's not the 7th selling theme anymore, it's somewhere in the top 6 now

9 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

You're right, I did wonder if you meant them, but like you said, Lego somehow restricted them to battle packs (and the May 4th Shadow Trooper :wub:)

NOO!!! :laugh:

Yeah, for whatever reason we never got both the ARF troopers and their walkers in a set, (again besides the turbo tanks).

8 hours ago, blujay563 said:

No that's not true, that's impossible!*oh2*:laugh_hard:

I would say "search your feelings, you know it to be true", but @BacktoBricks beat me too it.

On 1/28/2020 at 2:59 PM, Hoth Rebel said:

Star Wars isn't in the top 7 top selling themes of 2019 (source: German Toy Fair, Zusammengebaut). Not really suprising, but interesting nonetheless. New trilogy stuff from every company doesn't sell well, but SW has always been one of the best selling themes for Lego.

Top 7 is in no particular order Architecture, Ideas, Harry Potter, City, Disney, Ninjago and Technic. 

I used Hoth Rebel quote and used it as a fact cause he is trusted user.
This was probably only for Europe and not the world.
I vividly remember woman talking about LEGO sales in 2019 and behind her were those themes on the screen and star wars wasnt there so wtf with this new info.

Just now, PreVizsla said:

I used Hoth Rebel quote and used it as a fact cause he is trusted user.
This was probably only for Europe and not the world.
I vividly remember woman talking about LEGO sales in 2019 and behind her were those themes on the screen and star wars wasnt there so wtf with this new info.

Did you even read the financial report? Because last time I checked China and India weren't located in Europe. And of course they were talking about 2019, that's kind of the point of a report on the ''financial results for 2019''.......

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Did you even read the financial report? Because last time I checked China and India weren't located in Europe. And of course they were talking about 2019, that's kind of the point of a report on the ''financial results for 2019''.......

You misunderstood me.I didnt mean that new report is for Europe only.I was talking about the other stats that Hoth Rebel and others that visited Nuremberg were referring to,and i speculated that what they heard was Europe or Germany only financial report and now we got actual entire world financial report.