MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

What if the 4 unknown clones in the Barc Trooper set are the Bad Batch? Seems a little too coincidental that 4 clones are in a season 7 set and that season 7 features the Bad Batch.

10 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

What if the 4 unknown clones in the Barc Trooper set are the Bad Batch? Seems a little too coincidental that 4 clones are in a season 7 set and that season 7 features the Bad Batch.

Too many new molds, and there's no way we just get them and not their shuttle too. (except for a normal $15 Battle Pack)

15 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't really get it either, especially since we already have one of his troopers. LEGO calls it a BARC trooper but it's still from the 91st

If normal retailers are anything to go by the HP CMF was one of the best selling CMF's to date 

And I get there's a minor variation like some people said, but we literally have neyo with a special helmet mold and the normal troops (but 2005 mold).

9 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I'm pretty sure they are going to be, in the Season 7 trailer there's shots of soldiers with jet packs fighting the Droids on a bridge and Mandalorian starfighters in a space battle 

which shot do you refer to, I can't find it. I can find jet troopers vs droids but we don't know if that's mandalore, and I can't find this shot of mandalorian starfighters in space.

Also, just logically, from what we know, it's unlikely. We KNOW from what Filoni said that Maul comes back to retake mandalore, but based on previous seasons of TCW and the comic showing how he gets there, he fights the separatists just as much as the republic. So unless it's a weird three-way siege (unlikely) , or the republic and separatists team up (impossible), they probably won't be there.

22 minutes ago, Bardan_Jusik said:

Unfortunately, this is highly unlikely. First, we don't know it's a season 7 set. Second, the amount of new molds/prints required for the bad batch is alot, and the odds that lego would put the ENTIRE batch into a $30 set is really low considering how they love to spread out desirable figures a la the KOR.

Edit: Ninja'd by @ARC2149Nova

Edited by Mandalorianknight

The thing is, we keep speculating maybe someone like ashoka in the att, and people say she can't cause it may not be from siege of mandalore.. that has never stopped lego from sticking figures where they don't belong, yoda and ashoka were both in umbara clone wars sets in 2013 when they had no part in those arcs, mando has technically the wrong suit in the atst, clone wars maul is inaccurate to the episodes that set was based on...

Basically Lego can put whatever figure they want as long as it's era appropriate and I should hope there would be at least one really desirable figure in the att

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And I get there's a minor variation like some people said, but we literally have neyo with a special helmet mold and the normal troops (but 2005 mold).

Unfortunately, this is highly unlikely. First, we don't know it's a season 7 set. Second, the amount of new molds/prints required for the bad batch is alot, and the odds that lego would put the ENTIRE batch into a $30 set is really low considering how they love to spread out desirable figures a la the KOR.

Neyo does not have an exclusive helmet mold, he has the same one they've been using for phase 2 clones since 2013.

Hunter could use the 2013+ phase 2 helmet mold, Hunter the First Order flametrooper mold, Tech the invincible Iron Man helmet mold (or the likely retired 501st clone pilot helmet mold) and Wrecker, the only wrench here, could use the (probably retired) Stormtrooper cadet helmet mold, the one Ezra had in the first Phantom set. Sure they're not entirely screen accurate, but that's never stopped Lego before.

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

The thing is, we keep speculating maybe someone like ashoka in the att, and people say she can't cause it may not be from siege of mandalore.. that has never stopped lego from sticking figures where they don't belong, yoda and ashoka were both in umbara clone wars sets in 2013 when they had no part in those arcs, mando has technically the wrong suit in the atst, clone wars maul is inaccurate to the episodes that set was based on...

Basically Lego can put whatever figure they want as long as it's era appropriate and I should hope there would be at least one really desirable figure in the att

True, she could theoretically show up anywhere. And for all we know she fights separatists in the ahsoka's walkabout episodes, they seem to have significantly changed the story from what we had known before. (Love interest removed, taking 4 episodes instead of 2, etc) Good point though, we can't hold lego to intense accuracy. (not to be *that guy*, but ahsoka and Barris were in the space battle above umbara as shown in the opening footage, though never in ground combat. Your evidence is still 100% correct, she never was shown on the ground.)

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

Neyo does not have an exclusive helmet mold, he has the same one they've been using for phase 2 clones since 2013.

Hunter could use the 2013+ phase 2 helmet mold, Hunter the First Order flametrooper mold, Tech the invincible Iron Man helmet mold (or the likely retired 501st clone pilot helmet mold) and Wrecker, the only wrench here, could use the (probably retired) Stormtrooper cadet helmet mold, the one Ezra had in the first Phantom set. Sure they're not entirely screen accurate, but that's never stopped Lego before.

Oops, got it confused with CAC's recon helmets. 

Even then, it's still really unlikely we'd get the entire batch in one set.

2 hours ago, ood0 said:

Hunter could use the 2013+ phase 2 helmet mold, Crosshair the First Order flametrooper mold, Tech the invincible Iron Man helmet mold (or the likely retired 501st clone pilot helmet mold) and Wrecker, the only wrench here, could use the (probably retired) Stormtrooper cadet helmet mold, the one Ezra had in the first Phantom set. Sure they're not entirely screen accurate, but that's never stopped Lego before.

I think I see what you're getting at (hence my edit), but the Cadet mold is a bit too specially molded, and neither of the helmets you mention for Tech would work at all, especially given his helmet's similarities with the SpecOps Unit.

Edited by ARC2149Nova

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

I think I see what you're getting at (hence my edit), but the Cadet mold is a bit too specially molded, and neither of the helmets you mention for Tech would work at all, especially given his helmet's similarities with the SpecOps Unit.

Honestly I think besides the ARC trooper helmet for Hunter, all of them would need new designs.

(assuming the second time he said hunter he meant crosshair)

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

which shot do you refer to, I can't find it. I can find jet troopers vs droids but we don't know if that's mandalore, and I can't find this shot of mandalorian starfighters in space.

Also, just logically, from what we know, it's unlikely. We KNOW from what Filoni said that Maul comes back to retake mandalore, but based on previous seasons of TCW and the comic showing how he gets there, he fights the separatists just as much as the republic. So unless it's a weird three-way siege (unlikely) , or the republic and separatists team up (impossible), they probably won't be there.

Oops, I was sure they were blue Death Watch Mandalorians but I've gone back and checked and they're actually 501st Jet Troopers, I wasn't expecting that as I haven't seen them with jet packs before. My mistake! And yeah, those starships in the space battle must be Z-95s, I'd forgotten about those. 

Jet.JPG

And that's assumed to be Mygeeto (a nice nod to 2005's Battlefront II), not Mandalore.

Honestly, I'm expecting Jet Troopers in the AAT (at least 1), and something different in the AT-RT/BARC combo. Could you imagine the hell certain people would raise if Lego made a $30 501st Battle Pack? :laugh:

Also, with ESB's 40th Anniversary, and a lone AT-AT in the summer wave, what're the chances May's UCS is something ESB related? I was certain of an A-Wing, but I'm beginning to consider possible alternatives.

A point to the 91st Recon in the AT-RT/BARC Speeder: If you notice, while both vehicles are widely utilized by the GAR, they're mostly associated with the 91st Recon Corps (Lightning Squadron and Commander Neyo). Lego's first AT-RT included them over the more appropriate AT-RT Driver, and their latest BARC was driven by Neyo. A mixture of an updated standard Corpsmen, a repack of Neyo, and 2 of Mace's troops (one seen in the first trailer with stripes, and the Ponds design), would make for a nice, diverse mix of troops. And they're still easy to amass.

Could just be me but looking at the speculation and suggestions here I feel like a lot of people will be extremely disappointed when the figures for the BARC Speeder set actually get revealed

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could just be me but looking at the speculation and suggestions here I feel like a lot of people will be extremely disappointed when the figures for the BARC Speeder set actually get revealed

I agree. People should definitely try to keep their expectations in check. Try to expect as little as possible by default, and you’ll get pleasantly surprised more often than not! :sweet:

Just look at the Razor Crest: I imagine the reception wouldn’t have been quite as warm if we didn’t think we wouldn’t get a Mando set this summer 

50 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I going with the theory: expect only battle droids and my expectations can only be exceeded. ?

Personally I am setting the BARC expectations low. Like as low as 2 Kashyyyk scout troopers recolored tan and labeled as "Jaaku Clone Troopers", a clone naval crewman, and a 212th Airborne trooper that has gray lines on the leg printing instead of the 2014 version's black lines. The reaction would be palpable.

There are a lot of theorys, guesses, wishlists, and random speculations about the upcoming sets. Please reserve this thread for talk about known facts or at least educated speculation about substantiated rumors.

Person that reported 4 clones said they are 501st,so only speculation should be is it orange or blue helmets and not name every 266 clone regiments. 

4 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Person that reported 4 clones said they are 501st,so only speculation should be is it orange or blue helmets and not name every 266 clone regiments. 

The initial report has only partially been corroborated by Childish Landino. All we know is that the set includes 4 Clone Troopers :classic: 

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

My only point is that 4 501st clones is extremely unlikely. That's why I'm presenting a secondary option (91st), that would still be viable in terms of TCW Season 7. I don't care either way. :shrug_confused:

Anyway, about that UCS set, any chance it could be ESB based?

11 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

Like @Lego-Freak said, we only know that it's 4 clones. Hell, they could be plain white for all we know (which would be very welcome).

I've been rewatching The Clone Wars and noticed that in Season 4, Episode 11 (kidnapped), there were both AT-RT's and BARC Speeders deployed by the 501st and 212th. So far this is the only time I've noticed both the vehicles used in the show, and the set is said to be clone wars (as far as I've read) and it's unsure if season 7 would include a scene with both vehicles.

It's hopefully an educated speculation (I apologise if it's not and is instead a wishlist kind of post) as it kind of aligns with the leak of there being 501st troopers included and being a clone wars set. Does anybody know of any other scenes that the set could be based off of?

Edited by Nicknak

Guys, it is going to be based off Season 7.  Not a Season that came out 8 years ago.

Plus, the scene you’re describing is what the last 501st AT-RT and BARC Speeder w/ Captain Rex were based off of.

I mean, a lot of Clone Wars sets aren't specifically based off of one scene or location or season even.  The major exceptions I can think of are Yoda's ship, Grievous' speeder (which was a really weird choice to begin with) and the Umbara sets.  Even those sets, though, still blended seasons or episodes together.  Mace Windu didn't even fight Grievous during The Clone Wars (at least, not the Filoni show), and Ahsoka was included in an Umbara set that she had nothing to do with.  A lot of the sets, especially ship-based are very ambiguous as far as the specific episode they're supposed to represent, and so they blend minifigures or don't necessarily go for 100% accuracy on every element of the sets.  I'm honestly expecting that all of the Clone Wars based sets we receive are just supposed to be "sometime in TCW" as we may or may not see an AAT, BARC, or AT-RT in this season.  But realistically, we have no idea what the clones are based off of, but I would say that it's probably unlikely to get anything more than Rex's troops.  And like another person said, plain white troops are also a possibility.  

1 hour ago, Skyhammer said:

Guys, it is going to be based off Season 7.  Not a Season that came out 8 years ago.

Plus, the scene you’re describing is what the last 501st AT-RT and BARC Speeder w/ Captain Rex were based off of.

Do you know this for sure, or are you just assuming it's going to be the case? Making concrete statements like this for something that you're assuming is going to happen is how false rumors get started.

At this point, everything that goes beyond "4x Clone Troopers" is speculation. It could be based on S7, but it may just as well be inspired by an earlier season. Heck, for all we know, TLG might have gotten particularly creative for this and made up their own battalion (like the 937st, geddid?) :grin:

13 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I mean, a lot of Clone Wars sets aren't specifically based off of one scene or location or season even.  The major exceptions I can think of are Yoda's ship, Grievous' speeder (which was a really weird choice to begin with) and the Umbara sets.  Even those sets, though, still blended seasons or episodes together.  Mace Windu didn't even fight Grievous during The Clone Wars (at least, not the Filoni show), and Ahsoka was included in an Umbara set that she had nothing to do with.  A lot of the sets, especially ship-based are very ambiguous as far as the specific episode they're supposed to represent, and so they blend minifigures or don't necessarily go for 100% accuracy on every element of the sets.  I'm honestly expecting that all of the Clone Wars based sets we receive are just supposed to be "sometime in TCW" as we may or may not see an AAT, BARC, or AT-RT in this season.  But realistically, we have no idea what the clones are based off of, but I would say that it's probably unlikely to get anything more than Rex's troops.  And like another person said, plain white troops are also a possibility.  

I get your reasoning, but this will only create false hope for Ahsoka, Maul, etc. We are going to see AATs in this last season (as the trailers show), so maybe some 501 Jet Troopers (in the same scene) at least. I highly doubt Lego is cheeky and/or clever enough to make a $30 battle pack that's so widely requested. If, and this is a major IF, we do get 501st clones, then the backlash among certain communities would be unimaginable.

So right now, 4 clones of unknown designation and legion. That's all we know, and that's all we can say for sure.

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Heck, for all we know, TLG might have gotten particularly creative for this and made up their own battalion (like the 937st, geddid?) :grin:

Heads will seriously roll if that happens. (Geonosis Troopers, anyone?)

10 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

A point to the 91st Recon in the AT-RT/BARC Speeder: If you notice, while both vehicles are widely utilized by the GAR, they're mostly associated with the 91st Recon Corps (Lightning Squadron and Commander Neyo). Lego's first AT-RT included them over the more appropriate AT-RT Driver, and their latest BARC was driven by Neyo. A mixture of an updated standard Corpsmen, a repack of Neyo, and 2 of Mace's troops (one seen in the first trailer with stripes, and the Ponds design), would make for a nice, diverse mix of troops. And they're still easy to amass.

We've only gotten an AT-RT set with an AT-RT driver once (I'm counting at-rt-based sets and not turbo tanks), So I wouldn't assume we'll see one. And I also think that IF these are going to be S7 clones, they'll be the ones with more screentime. (501st, 332nd, etc.)

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

We know that there will be four clones. That is confirmed by childish landino. What we don't know is what phase/legion/etc the clones will be. We can reasonably assume they will be phase 2, but we don't even know that for sure.

4 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

My only point is that 4 501st clones is extremely unlikely. That's why I'm presenting a secondary option (91st), that would still be viable in terms of TCW Season 7. I don't care either way. :shrug_confused:

Like @Lego-Freak said, we only know that it's 4 clones. Hell, they could be plain white for all we know (which would be very welcome).

I think I'd personally prefer four blank p2 clones the most out of any option here, it's insane that the normal "shiny" p2 clones are more expensive than the 501st clones half the time.

I'd love to get more/any 501st troopers, no one is against the concept of a 501st battle pack as far as I know, and  honestly as long as they're p2 clones and at least 2 have normal p2 helmets, I'll be more than happy.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Heads will seriously roll if that happens. (Geonosis Troopers, anyone?)

What are you talking about? The geonosis troopers are clearly shown in the third battle of geonosis, where darth jar jar fights jedi bob and the army of GONK droid space pirates attacks!