MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Its funny that those who hate on the people that want a 501st battlepack are some of those defending TLG for making the Razor Crest available for pre-order 6 months in advance with the excuse that its a set everybody wants and the show is popular... :snicker:
Wait a minute! Aren't those the same reasons people wanted TLG to make a 501st battle pack? OMG :roflmao: 

3 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

Its funny that those who hate on the people that want a 501st battlepack are some of those defending TLG for making the Razor Crest available for pre-order 6 months in advance with the excuse that its a set everybody wants and the show is popular... :snicker:
Wait a minute! Aren't those the same reasons people wanted TLG to make a 501st battle pack? OMG :roflmao: 

Nobody has a problem with people wanting a 501st battlepack. It’s the aggressive and demanding campaign for one that turns people off of it. Big difference

48 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

...are some of those defending TLG for making the Razor Crest available for pre-order 6 months in advance...

What exactly is the problem with LEGO making a set available for preorder 6 months in advance? Last I checked pretty much everyone who visits this thread does so because they want to know the sets that are coming... 6 months in advance. So LEGO takes the very rare step of previewing the set exactly when people are clamoring for it, and then... people complain? Huh? What needs defending here?

9 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

I have thought about that too, knowing TLG this is a real possibility unfortunately. :wacko: 

I'd rather have 332nd troops than regular 501st troops, so not unfortunate for me.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Nobody has a problem with people wanting a 501st battlepack. It’s the aggressive and demanding campaign for one that turns people off of it. Big difference

Exactly. A 501st pack would be a great set, but some of the people asking were acting like they were entitled to one, and demanding lego make one, instead of something like "lego, alot of people want a 501st pack, it'd be pretty cool if you made one", some, by no means a large amount of the people who wanted it, but some people were acting like how dare lego not have already made a 501st pack, and have now ruined it for the majority of the people as lego can no longer make the pack or it will appear that they have given in to the demanding fans, who will find some way to complain, and then start demanding lego produce a UCS venator, or a 212th pack, or whatever.

10 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

I'd rather have 332nd troops than regular 501st troops, so not unfortunate for me.

I don't know, with how expensive 501st troops are now, it'd be nice (but like 0.1% likelyhood) if they just threw in a 332nd helmet WITH the 501st clone. 

Personally I think this set will have, just from speculation: some combination of 1-2 clones (332nd, "shiny", 501st), rex, and/or ahsoka, totaling 3 figures, along with a b1.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

What exactly is the problem with LEGO making a set available for preorder 6 months in advance? Last I checked pretty much everyone who visits this thread does so because they want to know the sets that are coming... 6 months in advance. So LEGO takes the very rare step of previewing the set exactly when people are clamoring for it, and then... people complain? Huh? What needs defending here?

I think the OP believed the argument to be hypocritical, but the difference is that there was an aggresive and demanding campaign for the battle pack. I doubt many people would legitimatelty be upset if said pack was released.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Can we please stop arguing about MandRproductions being a reliable leaker or not and 501st BP supporters being immature?  This has been all weekend.  @jdubbs nothing personal I’m just quoting your post because you’re our fearless leader.

? I keep checking this thread because I’m impatiently waiting for the details to drop on these potential new army builder sets and all I keep getting is this back and forth banter.

Anakin Voice: “The fans have requested.. that a 501st battle pack be made.”

Mace Voice: “TLG will decide what is to be made, not the fans.”

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think the guy you qouted was also being sarcastic, but yeah. How dare a company exist with the goal of making money instead of giving everyone free 501st battle packs. :laugh:

You ruined the moment, man

8 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

Can we please stop arguing about MandRproductions being a reliable leaker or not and 501st BP supporters being immature?  This has been all weekend.  @jdubbs nothing personal I’m just quoting your post because you’re our fearless leader.

? I keep checking this thread because I’m impatiently waiting for the details to drop on these potential new army builder sets and all I keep getting is this back and forth banter.

Anakin Voice: “The fans have requested.. that a 501st battle pack be made.”

Mace Voice: “TLG will decide what is to be made, not the fans.”

Discussing who are reliable leakers and who isn’t is a very big and important part of this whole thing. What information we trust is what drives all the discussion here to begin with. We can’t help it if your favorites aren’t the reliable ones

Just now, Skyhammer said:

To clarify, my comment didn't have much of anything to do with MandR. My beef is with people who are somehow finding reason to complain that LEGO is offering preorders on a set that so many people have been asking for... as though there is anything conceivably wrong with that. The OP suggested that people "defending" LEGO were making 'excuses" for the company... I just find this all utterly baffling. Some people really will complain about anything...

And, definitely don't think of me as your leader.... you may end up over a cliff. :)

24 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Discussing who are reliable leakers and who isn’t is a very big and important part of this whole thing. What information we trust is what drives all the discussion here to begin with. We can’t help it if your favorites aren’t the reliable ones

My point is it would be nice to check the thread once the discussion has continued a few new pages and see some actual news or at least a productive discussion.

Yes, people will complain about anything.  And here we all are complaining about the people complaining.  I can deal with it for a few pages but please, enough already.  If there’s no new leaks or nothing relevant to add to the “educated speculation” then this thread should stay where it’s at so people don’t feel the need to go back and read the last few pages just to find out all they missed was bickering.

2afe7x.jpg

Edited by Skyhammer

This has the potential to be my favorite Star Wars set in a long time. Looks like lego understands simple economics lol

6 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

BARC Speeder is confirmed to come with 4 unknown clones and 2 droids by childish landino 

Hopefully one of those clones is Rex! We haven't seen phase 2 Rex for 7 years!!! And he is an important part of last season of CW so it's a given he appears in summer wave.

12 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

BARC Speeder is confirmed to come with 4 unknown clones and 2 droids by childish landino 

Well, that is surprising, but now that another source corroborates this, it is a welcome one. I do think M&R jumped the gun making a video about it even if he expressed his own disbelief, but if he turns out to be accurate then no foul.

1 minute ago, RandomSniper109 said:

It’s confirmed to have 4 clones, but has it been confirmed what phase it is? Is it definitely phase 2?

It almost definitely will be Phase 2 to coincide with Season 7 of The Clone Wars. I’d say that with 100% certainty but I have no inside information, so 99.9% certainty.

Great news.  I wonder what set Ashoka will come with now?  Must be the AAT.  I can’t imagine her not coming with this wave.  Unless there will be future TCW sets in Winter 2021?

Edited by Skyhammer

Just now, Skyhammer said:

It almost definitely will be Phase 2 to coincide with Season 7 of The Clone Wars. I’d say that with 100% certainty but I have no inside information, so 99.9% certainty.

Great news.  I wonder what set Ashoka will come with now?  Must be the AAT.  I can’t imagine her not coming with this wave.  Unless there will be future TCW sets in Winter 2021?

That makes sense, I think if Ahsoka comes in the aat, it is also likely to come with a ahsoka 501st trooper, otherwise I don’t see any other way to get that figure, and that could mean the set is the same kind of figs as the corporate alliance tank droid, a main named character (jango Fett/ahsoka), a clone (phase 1/501st) and a droid (geonosis/plain or super)

Honestly so excited for this wave, but really hoping the Clone Troopers are the same quality / style as the 2014 battle packs.

Need some pictures!

I also just realized that hoping to squeeze three clone units (501st, 332nd and whichever unit is attached to Mace Windu nowadays) was way too wishful thinking.  This isn’t 2005.

I know this isn’t a popular opinion, but I think this is not the best set for 501st, this would be better for normal or obscurer clone squadron. People will buy sets just for the 501st so I don’t think it’s necessary for this set

The Imperial Dropship from last year came with 5 minifigures and was $20 so I guess 4 clones and 2 droids for $30 isn't too farfetched, especially if some of the figures are duplicates. Very curious to see the figure lineup for the AAT.

I forgot what Lego Star Wars is like when they had to focus on the sequel trilogy... 

Buzzing for that Barc Speeder can’t lie!

9 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I forgot what Lego Star Wars is like when they had to focus on the sequel trilogy... 

I don't get that sentiment, to be honest... Since 2015, there have always been sets from all eras. The only waves purely dedicated to the ST were each film's initial one, and those were wave created specifically for them. Remember, there weren't three waves a year before 2015 :laugh: TCW dominated from 2008 to 2010 way more than the ST does now 

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

I don't get that sentiment, to be honest... Since 2015, there have always been sets from all eras. The only waves purely dedicated to the ST were each film's initial one, and those were wave created specifically for them. Remember, there weren't three waves a year before 2015 :laugh: TCW dominated from 2008 to 2010 way more than the ST does now 

Nah cmon now, the sequel sets dominated the budget for the year! 

More importantly at no point did I say that sets from other films weren’t represented. The point is these sets were naff and worse than previous versions... 

Well, it’s March now so I’d say we can expect to see official pictures of the April wave sets either this week or next week. Also strange that Lego is putting 6 mini figures in a $30 set. Can’t remember if they’ve done that before. :grin: