MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 hour ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

That fourth set could potentially be a system scale set but you’re right, we aren’t getting a full wave of “normal” sets which is strange but I guess Lego is trying something different maybe?

Kind of like the fall 2018 wave, i think it's sort of an off-wave, except it's also pretty expensive for the amount of sets releasing. I personally do not think these helmet sets will do very well, they'll have to be really well-built.

9 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Kind of like the fall 2018 wave, i think it's sort of an off-wave, except it's also pretty expensive for the amount of sets releasing. I personally do not think these helmet sets will do very well, they'll have to be really well-built.

Yeah, I’d be very interested in having them if they look good but I don’t think I’m willing to pay $70 

I was just thinking about the Mandalorian and I was speculating about whether or not Boba Fett will return in future seasons. Well, I remember that there was a video on YouTube that was posted around the time Solo: A Star Wars Story was getting ready to release. It showed a picture of a supposedly “leaked” Boba Fett mini figure with some commentary over the video. The name of the channel is Brick Guardian and I have since rewatched the video to get a better look at it. The figure had a dual molded arm with orange on top and sand green on the other half. I was wondering if this was a custom figure or if anyone knows anything about it.

4 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yeah, I’d be very interested in having them if they look good but I don’t think I’m willing to pay $70 

Exactly. Some $30 busts like vader and sith trooper would be fine, especially in the limited-edition way they did vader (sith trooper of course being a con exclusive). The main think that irks me is that I really don't think KIDS will want these. I think lego's trying to target adults here, but I don't think too many people will buy these unless they are large and look great.

2 hours ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

I was just thinking about the Mandalorian and I was speculating about whether or not Boba Fett will return in future seasons. Well, I remember that there was a video on YouTube that was posted around the time Solo: A Star Wars Story was getting ready to release. It showed a picture of a supposedly “leaked” Boba Fett mini figure with some commentary over the video. The name of the channel is Brick Guardian and I have since rewatched the video to get a better look at it. The figure had a dual molded arm with orange on top and sand green on the other half. I was wondering if this was a custom figure or if anyone knows anything about it.

It was fake, 100%. And I don't think you were saying it could be fore mando, but if you were, there's no way that had any sort of connection to the mandalorian show.

Got my response back from LEGO Customer Service on whether or not the Mandalorian figure in the Razor's Crest is a placeholder figure or not, based on the product description.

"Thanks for getting in touch with us!

You've got a great eye! We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we're reaching out for some clarification.

We'll find that it's 1 of 2 things....  The minifigure in the set will be as you see pictured, which means we'll be correcting the summary information OR we aren't able to show the actual figure yet due to an embargo by Disney™.

Since the set is available for pre-order, we think it's going to be the first situation but I want to be sure! I've made a note of your account and if it's actually going to be a different figure will email you again to let you know.  :)"

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It was fake, 100%. And I don't think you were saying it could be fore mando, but if you were, there's no way that had any sort of connection to the mandalorian show.

Thanks for the clarification! :thumbup:

8 hours ago, JoeyB said:

We'll find that it's 1 of 2 things....  The minifigure in the set will be as you see pictured, which means we'll be correcting the summary information OR we aren't able to show the actual figure yet due to an embargo by Disney™.

Since the set is available for pre-order, we think it's going to be the first situation but I want to be sure! I've made a note of your account and if it's actually going to be a different figure will email you again to let you know.  :)"

good idea reaching out to customer service. It's unfortunate that it'll most likely be the same mando, but at least we're getting a razorcrest (and a baby yoda).

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I am not aswell versed in StarWars lego as most people in here so if I get something wrong, I’m sorry. 

From what I can tell there have been a few sets with barc speeders, one a battlepack, one with a large cannon and one with a side car and droid speeder. The one with sidecar is only 200 pieces so if the new one does in fact come with an at rt then I think it would have to be one around the size of the 501st one (a bit smaller) but if the barc speeder has a side car or something similar like an extra piece of scenery involved, like a gun turret (like the phase 2 clone battle pack) or a small command centre (Like the droideka battle pack) then the at rt could be more minifig scaled, closer to battle pack scale, and going by the size and idea of the set (as well as the price) I think it would be reasonable to assume 6-8 figures (if it is in fact similar to two battle packs combined) with maybe 3 clones 5 droids, or 4 clones (one being a captain) 4 droids ( two battle, two super battle)

**This is a RUMOUR and by no means confirmed**

MandR has just posted a video claiming from a ‘source’ but admits he doesn’t know if to trust it, that 75280 will include 4 501st Clones and 2 Droids. 

Can anybody confirm if this is nonsense? 

35 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

**This is a RUMOUR and by no means confirmed**

MandR has just posted a video claiming from a ‘source’ but admits he doesn’t know if to trust it, that 75280 will include 4 501st Clones and 2 Droids. 

Can anybody confirm if this is nonsense? 

I’m inclined to say it’s fake for two reasons.  First, proven reliable sources on here have been saying recently that we have zero indication about the minifigures other than Grievous’ ship, and even with that, we only have 2/3 confirmed.  Until one of them says something, (or “you know who” from Instagram) I’m not believing any minifigure rumors. Secondly, he/a lot of internet LSW fans have been wishlisting a set with a bunch of 501st troopers for years now.  I’m willing to hazard a guess here that this may have been a situation where someone saw people (maybe even in this thread) speculating about the possibility of the set being a larger battle pack, which results in a game of telephone being played, and it ends up being a “rumor” despite clearly starting off as speculation.

Basically, until someone we know is 100% reliable says anything, I’d assume everything is totally speculation.

52 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

JediBob told him that,he leaked correct stuff in the past,imo Ryan is sceptical cause this sounds too good to be true and he recently got trolled with leak list and after he made entire video on it,person said that the list is fake,also his reputation is on the stake with these things.
Tactically if LEGO star wars is losing money and LEGO is scared of losing licence,they will certainly include them in the set cause people want them badly and are willing to pay double for it.LEGO can honor the fans and get tons of money.There is no way they will make 501st battle pack and then negotiate with every youtuber wanting something and then their fanbase spamming them.Yeah it would make them money but it would kill their creativity and ideas and reminds me of negotiating with terrorists.

Another thing in the video is rumor of ucs set being a-wing for 13th year in a row of ot ucs sets,which is complete bs to me as prequel fan.

11 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

JediBob told him that,he leaked correct stuff in the past,imo Ryan is sceptical cause this sounds too good to be true and he recently got trolled with leak list and after he made entire video on it,person said that the list is fake,also his reputation is on the stake with these things.
Tactically if LEGO star wars is losing money and LEGO is scared of losing licence,they will certainly include them in the set cause people want them badly and are willing to pay double for it.LEGO can honor the fans and get tons of money.There is no way they will make 501st battle pack and then negotiate with every youtuber wanting something and then their fanbase spamming them.Yeah it would make them money but it would kill their creativity and ideas and reminds me of negotiating with terrorists.

Another thing in the video is rumor of ucs set being a-wing for 13th year in a row of ot ucs sets,which is complete bs to me as prequel fan.

I’d be very happy with an A-Wing and I love the prequels but I love the OT as well. Why does it have to be either OT fan or PT fan? I’d say I’m just a Star Wars fan so both are wonderful. We are finally getting prequel representation with the Gunship soon enough, which will hopefully open the door to more in the future now that Lego knows we want them. I want an A-Wing because it’s the only OT Rebellion fighter that hasn’t been done yet. 

Also just keep in mind that Ryan has been using this forum as a means of information; so he often has little more idea than we all do. But I can understand his scepticism even if he does have a more trusted source; he's been wanting that 501st battlepack for so long. And I can see his point for coming down either positively or negatively if the rumour is true. As for the A-Wing rumour, someone reliable on here suggested this was the case quite a while ago now (sorry I can't remember the name). So I'm inclined to believe that one.

Edited by BacktoBricks

15 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’d be very happy with an A-Wing and I love the prequels but I love the OT as well. Why does it have to be either OT fan or PT fan? I’d say I’m just a Star Wars fan so both are wonderful. We are finally getting prequel representation with the Gunship soon enough, which will hopefully open the door to more in the future now that Lego knows we want them. I want an A-Wing because it’s the only OT Rebellion fighter that hasn’t been done yet. 

i agree, there's some inclination that you have to be one or the other, for some reason, and that any time there's an OT or PT set it's "wasting a spot" that should have been given to the other. The OT gets more sets because it's more popular, in general, but that doesn't make it the enemy. And just because the prequels weren't necessarily the greatest films..*cough* ROTS was the only good one *cough* doesn't mean that the related sets are bad, especially when they are from the FAR superior clone wars show.  Like with this A-wing thing. It's an a-wing, cool. It's not confirmed, and I don't think anyone actually expected a prequel set, seeing as we just got the gunship.

34 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

I agree that a 501st pack has become very unlikely due to the actions of a few members of the campaign for it. Lego can't make one now or they'll appear to be folding to the fans and while the majority of people who wanted it will be happy, the people who were pretty demanding and disrespectful about it will see it as that their behavior worked. As you say, "negotiating with terrorists". 

I find this 4 501st clones thing unlikely, but four clones in general is POSSIBLE, maybe 332nd, 501st, and shinies or something. 

And the gunship just won the vote, I think you'll have to wait until LEGO can see how that thing sells before you start getting more prequel UCS sets.:classic:

21 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

As for the A-Wing rumour, someone reliable on here suggested this was the case quite a while ago now (sorry I can't remember the name). So I'm inclined to believe that one.

The A-Wing also logically makes sense.  If the poll was an indication that they're looking to either continue with OT UCS stuff, but start to get a bit more obscure, or go with prequel UCS stuff if that got enough support, the A-Wing is the last major vehicle from the OT we've never received (Other than, and I say this completely seriously, a Landspeeder UCS set, which is a bit surprising to me, given how well-known that vehicle is).  That could leave open the possibility for an MBS/playset-like UCS set in the fall, then Lego would've used the poll as a way to gauge if the May UCS set next year should either continue on with OT stuff or start to add in more prequel sets.  This is just me speculating at this point, but from the standpoint of "Does this rumor actually seem like it could happen", I'd be inclined to believe it just because a UCS A-Wing makes sense.

Edited by Kit Figsto

Wasn't there something about "complete the fleet" with regards to UCS? I don't know where that came from but, if it was Lego, A-wing makes a lot of sense.

Just now, Kit Figsto said:

The A-Wing also logically makes sense.  If the poll was an indication that they're looking to either continue with OT UCS stuff, but start to get a bit more obscure, or go with prequel UCS stuff if that got enough support, the A-Wing is the last major vehicle from the OT we've never received (Other than, and I say this completely seriously, a Landspeeder UCS set, which is a bit surprising to me, given how well-known that vehicle is).  That could leave open the possibility for an MBS/playset-like UCS set in the fall, then Lego would've used the poll as a way to gauge if the May UCS set next year should either continue on with OT stuff or start to add in more prequel sets.

Good analysis, I think that makes a lot of sense. They'll finish some stuff here, and then if the gunship sells well enough start sprinkling in more prequel sets. 
However, the reason we haven't had a UCS landspeeder is because they're planning a landspeeder wave, consisting of: Landspeeder micro-build, Landspeeder micro-fighter, landspeeder (4+), landspeeder, Constraction landspeeder, UCS landspeeder, 21st anniversary landspeeder, and of course the landspeeder inverted battle pack, containing 4 landspeeders and one minifigure. :snicker:

Just now, 2maxwell said:

Wasn't there something about "complete the fleet" with regards to UCS? I don't know where that came from but, if it was Lego, A-wing makes a lot of sense.

i remember that too. A-wing is likely.

Doesn't mean MandR's "source" is right about the other stuff, he himself was skeptical.

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

i agree, there's some inclination that you have to be one or the other, for some reason, and that any time there's an OT or PT set it's "wasting a spot" that should have been given to the other. The OT gets more sets because it's more popular, in general, but that doesn't make it the enemy. And just because the prequels weren't necessarily the greatest films..*cough* ROTS was the only good one *cough* doesn't mean that the related sets are bad, especially when they are from the FAR superior clone wars show.  Like with this A-wing thing. It's an a-wing, cool. It's not confirmed, and I don't think anyone actually expected a prequel set, seeing as we just got the gunship.

I agree that a 501st pack has become very unlikely due to the actions of a few members of the campaign for it. Lego can't make one now or they'll appear to be folding to the fans and while the majority of people who wanted it will be happy, the people who were pretty demanding and disrespectful about it will see it as that their behavior worked. As you say, "negotiating with terrorists". 

I find this 4 501st clones thing unlikely, but four clones in general is POSSIBLE, maybe 332nd, 501st, and shinies or something. 

And the gunship just won the vote, I think you'll have to wait until LEGO can see how that thing sells before you start getting more prequel UCS sets.:classic:

Well if lego actually saw a large demand for it, you would think they produce it? Im not too sure about that is always the case. There are sets long overdue and I wouldnt say 501 battlepack would be the most desirable sets of all those. I think it has more to do with that than anything else.

i for a fact, if I had a comparison and customers could manifest a high level of demand, why not give them what they want.  

5 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well if lego actually saw a large demand for it, you would think they produce it? Im not too sure about that is always the case. There are sets long overdue and I wouldnt say 501 battlepack would be the most desirable sets of all those. I think it has more to do with that than anything else.

i for a fact, if I had a comparison and customers could manifest a high level of demand, why not give them what they want.  

Making the BARC speeder and AT-RT a $30 501st battlepack seems like a very smart move from Lego to me. With such a high demand for it, why not double the price for the same quantity of stuff people want, just a few more builds and enemies. 

If the 4 501st trooper and 2 battle droid in the barc speeder and atrt set is true, that set is the perfect army builder.

Think about it, you get a barc speeder and a atrt good for clones, you get 2 droids that are good for army building, and 4 clones that are perfect for army building

And, if the rumor about the 4 clone and 2 battle droid is true, This set is already 100 times better then the clone battle pack from 2018 (Who even army builds ki adi mundi)

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

BARC speeder with 501st clones? I wouldn’t trust anything that clown says. He’s probably just making it up for the views. UCS A-Wing is likely but we’ve been speculating about since last year.

3 hours ago, legozebra said:

Making the BARC speeder and AT-RT a $30 501st battlepack seems like a very smart move from Lego to me. With such a high demand for it, why not double the price for the same quantity of stuff people want, just a few more builds and enemies. 

How can you be sure there is a high demand for it? Just because some AFOLs here and on Instagram have it as a regular on their annual wishlists

35 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

BARC speeder with 501st clones? I wouldn’t trust anything that clown says. He’s probably just making it up for the views. UCS A-Wing is likely but we’ve been speculating about since last year.

That's pretty much where I'm at.  I think it's possible that the set maybe comes with Captain Rex and another clone, but there seems to be a contingent of people who have rationalized that BARC + AT-RT = 8 minifigures.  When was the last time a $30 set had more than, say, 4 figures?  I'm thinking at most we get 3 clones and maybe a droid or two.  Like I said in my previous comment, until one of the leakers on here says something (and I believe most of them have said "We don't know" to anything regarding minifigures), this reeks of wishlisting.  The people on here have been more reliable than pretty much any youtube leaker and their sources (some of these guys have about a .300 batting average when it comes to reliably predicting sets, and at that point, I'm assuming they could just be guessing), so I'm sticking with what Eurobricks sources are saying.  

2 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

If the 4 501st trooper and 2 battle droid in the barc speeder and atrt set is true, that set is the perfect army builder.

Think about it, you get a barc speeder and a atrt good for clones, you get 2 droids that are good for army building, and 4 clones that are perfect for army building

And, if the rumor about the 4 clone and 2 battle droid is true, This set is already 100 times better then the clone battle pack from 2018 (Who even army builds ki adi mundi)

An. Army. Of. Ki-adi. Mundis. Is. THE. ONLY. WAY. to. make. sure. the. council. knows. about. the. droid. attack. on. the. wookies.

59 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I agree (on both sentiments). The main thing here is just because the A-wing is likely doesn't mean the big 501st battle pack is true, especially since it's coming from someone who's been very.....vocal about wanting said 501st pack from lego.

21 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

When was the last time a $30 set had more than, say, 4 figures?  I'm thinking at most we get 3 clones and maybe a droid or two.

The last I can remember was the Flash Speeder all the way back in 2015, which was Tarpals, 2 Naboo guards and 2 droids, about the same as your speculation.

So at best, I could see an officer type clone (Probably Rex), and two other clones to pilot the speeder and AT-RT respectively against 2 droids, probably B1s. And even then, the Flash Speeder was a long time ago before the sequels made small sets on average a lower fig count.

Edited by LurkingEhlek