MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

13 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

While I don't necessarily mind the mini-build, I wonder when they had to have this planned/made by.  I have a feeling that if they went for a Beskar Mando or a Phase II Commander Cody or something it would be both very topical and likely entice people to buy SW stuff even if they weren't initially planning on it.  I'm sure people will be up in arms (again) and going on rants about how Lego's cheating them out of this or that, but it definitely does seem like a potentially missed opportunity.  However, if this had been planned for a year or so, I can understand why. 

Cody isn't possible because of the new helmet he would require, Beskar Mando is a possibility though. I kinda like how they stopped the may 4th figures though (unpopular opinion probably). I have no interest in the small builds we're getting now so I don't have to pay lego's prices just to get that promo (not buying from lego directly saves me a ton of money)

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I kinda like how they stopped the may 4th figures though (unpopular opinion probably). I have no interest in the small builds we're getting now so I don't have to pay lego's prices just to get that promo (not buying from lego directly saves me a ton of money)

No I'm of the same opinion. I have no interest in these minibuilds, but at the same time, I don't want to have to chase exclusive figures. There is nothing I want from Lego so I would either have to buy something for no reason or spend a rather high amount to get that figure off eBay or Bricklink. And I would really rather do neither.

Just checked the lego website and it made me laugh to see that they have been quick enough to releasse the The razor Crest and The Mandalorian and Child sets. Never missing the chance to make some quick money, capitalising ont he success of The Mandalorian series. :hmpf_bad:

Just now, legolandia said:

Just checked the lego website and it made me laugh to see that they have been quick enough to releasse the The razor Crest and The Mandalorian and Child sets. Never missing the chance to make some quick money, capitalising ont he success of The Mandalorian series. :hmpf_bad:

What did you expect? And they aren't ''for sale'' but preorders, shipping on september 1st. Lego is a business, businesses want to make money.....

I'm wondering

a) you are a master of sarcasm

b) you don't know when those sets are going to be released

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

...they aren't ''for sale'' but preorders, shipping on september 1st.

That shows even more clearly that they are desperately trying to capitalise on it. A pre-order with a 6 month lead? Lego have never done that. Smells of desperation.

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Lego is a business, businesses want to make money.....

Really? I thought they were a charitable organisation.

Just now, m4st3rt3ch said:

I'm wondering

a) you are a master of sarcasm

b) you don't know when those sets are going to be released

Read my post above...

That shows even more clearly that they are desperately trying to capitalise on it. A pre-order with a 6 month lead? Lego have never done that. Smells of desperation.

Really? I thought they were a charitable organisation.

Read my post above...

The urge to cash in? Yes. Desperation? No. Listening to the market and showing you're going to react? Yes.

They could have announced an released these sets the normal way. But that would have provoked months and months of nagging. It's a win-win.

20 minutes ago, legolandia said:

Or maybe they just saw how quickly the Mandalorian battlepacks and AT-ST Raiders flew of the shelves because of the shows succes and are expecting the same thing to happen with the Razorcrest. High demand --> high production --> more money

I see no desperation at all, just a company jumping on the hypetrain just like everyone else 

They (likely) sell more sets this way, instead of having sets on backorder/sold out that might turn people away from buying it.

If they anticipate popularity for sets like that , pre orders are understandable, and they can also adjust production.

Edited by TeriXeri

I'm pretty sure Vader's Castle was available for preorder a few years back too.

Also, with as much trouble as they've been having keeping stuff in stock, this is probably the way to go for a vehicle from a popular show.

Edited by Gremer2

48 minutes ago, legolandia said:

People love this show and want sets based on it. Lego makes sets based on it. Lego gets money, we get sets. That's a win for both sides.

28 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Any news on future Mando sets?

Unless someone here has found a way to time travel: no. Beyond the summer wave and the Crest, there isn't anything we know. And if we did get some news I'm sure it'll be posted here as soon as possible

18 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Nah, don't think it's that cause they recently made 20th anniversary Obi-Wan. I don't think hasbro complains about gifts with purchases or promos, they complain about things like those 3 figures that came with magnets that you could just remove.Hasbro realized people were buying them for figures and forced LEGO to stick them together. LEGO can just slap 20th anniversary or 40th for episode 5 on a small build for may 4th and collectors will go crazy. 

20th obi-wan came with a stand that technically had more pieces than the figure itself. (or as many if you include his lightsaber). Hasbro only really has an argument if it's ONLY the figure.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

What did you expect? And they aren't ''for sale'' but preorders, shipping on september 1st. Lego is a business, businesses want to make money.....

I agree. So many people go "ahh lego's so greedy" whenever they do ANYTHING, forgetting that as a business the goal is to make money. Making a set a large amount of people want to buy is smart, and it's also in no way immoral.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So many people go "ahh lego's so greedy" whenever they do ANYTHING, forgetting that as a business the goal is to make money. Making a set a large amount of people want to buy is smart, and it's also in no way immoral.

I swear, only Lego Star Wars fans can find a way to spin this as a negative.  We're getting a set that people have been asking for basically since the show came out, AND, I might add, that we weren't even supposed to get initially.  The early reveal just means that (a) they could control when it dropped, so no time for it to get leaked before a press release, and (b), people stopped complaining that we're not getting Mando stuff.  

I mean, above all, Lego's a business.  They aren't here to please every single person and fulfill their 30 set wishlist.  It's nice every year or two when they release a set that makes you go "Oh, wow, I've been wanting that for a while and never got a chance to buy it/it hasn't been released yet!" but to expect them to make every single thing cater exactly to what you want is pretty unrealistic (ie: never going to happen).

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

I swear, only Lego Star Wars fans can find a way to spin this as a negative.  We're getting a set that people have been asking for basically since the show came out, AND, I might add, that we weren't even supposed to get initially.  The early reveal just means that (a) they could control when it dropped, so no time for it to get leaked before a press release, and (b), people stopped complaining that we're not getting Mando stuff.  

I mean, above all, Lego's a business.  They aren't here to please every single person and fulfill their 30 set wishlist.  It's nice every year or two when they release a set that makes you go "Oh, wow, I've been wanting that for a while and never got a chance to buy it/it hasn't been released yet!" but to expect them to make every single thing cater exactly to what you want is pretty unrealistic (ie: never going to happen).

Yeah, people can literally make anything lego does evil, at this point. Release the razorcrest and it's overpriced garbage because it doesn't include the entire cast of the show, or worse, a greedy move to take advantage of the show's popularity. Don't, and it's a stupid decision and not giving fans what they want. Heck, people are complaining about the clone wars wave we're getting ALREADY, despite the fact that the sales of their non-movie based sets don't do as well, and we don't even know the figures besides 2 of the ones in grevious's ship and a few more we can reasonably assume will be in them (anakin and r2-d2 in anakin's interceptor, etc)

Are people really complaining that we are getting the set that almost everybody wanted since the show aired? Unbelievable. :D

1 hour ago, sahidko said:

Are people really complaining that we are getting the set that almost everybody wanted since the show aired? Unbelievable. :D

They do, but people complain about anything these days :snicker: It’s really not that hard: if you like it, buy it. If you don’t, leave it. Nobody is being forced to buy stuff they don’t want. 

Besides, the two upcoming waves are really quite diverse: we have sets from all three trilogies plus TCW and the Mandalorian. There should be at least a handful of sets for every type of fan. And if there isn’t for you, just wait for the next wave :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

They do, but people complain about anything these days :snicker: It’s really not that hard: if you like it, buy it. If you don’t, leave it. Nobody is being forced to buy stuff they don’t want. 

Besides, the two upcoming waves are really quite diverse: we have sets from all three trilogies plus TCW and the Mandalorian. There should be at least a handful of sets for every type of fan. And if there isn’t for you, just wait for the next wave :shrug_oh_well:

And even if there is nothing in these two waves for you lego has plenty of other themes with cool sets coming up

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Exactly. If there are multiple, system-based waves coming out with sets from all eras but NOTHING you can't complain about, maybe you have to look for something else besides that mythical 501st battle pack.

Of course, we aren't getting a wave of normal system sets in april, so :sceptic:

22 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

So anyways...  where do we stand on the leaks?  Have any more details or pictures dropped since the razorcrest?

Nope.

16 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

We’re on the internet, every single voice is basically treated as a majority. You can find every opinion under the sun on here.  There’s probably lots of people who buy the set without spending time on these forums. If you’re happy, buy it. If you’re not buy a MOC and wait for a set you do enjoy (I do like reading opinions, they give me inspiration so don’t stop posting)

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Of course, we aren't getting a wave of normal system sets in april, so :sceptic:

That fourth set could potentially be a system scale set but you’re right, we aren’t getting a full wave of “normal” sets which is strange but I guess Lego is trying something different maybe?