MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I really don’t get why they didn’t reveal the rest of the spring wave sets at the NYTF... If they follow the usual pattern, the official pics should drop roughly 1.5 months before release, so basically within a week or so. Might just have revealed them right then and there :purrr:

Then again, 75274 is not going to be available at retail stores from the sounds of it, so they probably wouldn’t have shown it anyway :shrug_oh_well: 

Yeah they should reveal them soon but do you think they would reveal 75274 at the same time they reveal the busts?

Just now, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Yeah they should reveal them soon but do you think they would reveal 75274 at the same time they reveal the busts?

I sure hope so :sweet:

2 hours ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

I would assume so, but as @Lego-Freak says they could have easily shown off the other 3 sets when they showed the images of D-0, so who knows?

Project Luminous, and a new era of Star Wars, has been revealed.  We've had Old Republic sets, so there's hope for High Republic Lego in the (distant) future!

30 minutes ago, Tommy Thunder said:

Project Luminous, and a new era of Star Wars, has been revealed.  We've had Old Republic sets, so there's hope for High Republic Lego in the (distant) future!

It’s currently intended to be a novel & comic initiative only, so unless they will also release games, shows and/or films set in that era at some point, I don’t think we will get any representation in LEGO form :shrug_oh_well:

They could do that, but I feel they’d be shooting themselves in the foot because from what I can gather, this era was created specifically to avoid books & comics having to play second fiddle to the movies. If they release High Republic movies or shows, they’d automatically take the spotlight, again relegating the other media to secondary material...

Hopefully there will be more solid material as well. If it’s popular enough, I’m sure tv shows and/or movies will follow. They're testing an entirely new era of Star Wars, I’m sure we’ll see some on screen material at some point

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Hopefully there will be more solid material as well. If it’s popular enough, I’m sure tv shows and/or movies will follow. They're testing an entirely new era of Star Wars, I’m sure we’ll see some on screen material at some point

I'm pretty sure it is a test like you say, and that if it does well we'll get films and comics.

Although this now begs the question of what the 2022/2025/2027 trilogy will be, because there's no way that they'd be testing starting in august 2020 for a december 2022 film.

I was in the lego store in Copenhagen today (since I live here), and I asked the manager about the razor crest... I asked if it would be an Amazon exclusive in Denmark as well, and he was really hesitant to answer. I then asked if it would even come to any other countries than the USA, and he said “well.... I really can’t say...but yeah...”

He was REALLY silent about it, but in a way as if he new bad news. This has me frightened that the razor crest will be extremely rare?

21 minutes ago, DeductedMiller said:

I was in the lego store in Copenhagen today (since I live here), and I asked the manager about the razor crest... I asked if it would be an Amazon exclusive in Denmark as well, and he was really hesitant to answer. I then asked if it would even come to any other countries than the USA, and he said “well.... I really can’t say...but yeah...”

He was REALLY silent about it, but in a way as if he new bad news. This has me frightened that the razor crest will be extremely rare?

Even if he did have information (unlikely) he’s not going to divulge it to a random customer. It won’t be rare. Probably scarce initially due to high demand but TLG know anything Mandalorian and especially with baby Yoda is going to make them a lot of money. Why would they make a limited production? It makes no business sense. The fact that they are pre-selling it seven months out in some markets suggests they know it’s going to be popular.

31 minutes ago, DeductedMiller said:

Its been available on pre-order at the UK S@H site since the 20th Feb.  Still available.

35 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Will the new AAT, Jedi Star fighter, etc sets be out in time for any May 4th events there may be? 

Nope. The official retail release date is in August, so the launch on s@h and LEGO stores will be in June at the earliest. Since the spring wave will be released in mid-April, there’s no way they’ll release the summer wave only two weeks thereafter :wink:

1 hour ago, DeductedMiller said:

Without having physically been present for this exchange, I can't know exactly how he said it, but it seems extremely likely he was just worried that he would get in trouble for saying anything. Heck, the people at the stores near me got in trouble once and now they won't say ANYTHING, even if it's been officially revealed.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nope. The official retail release date is in August, so the launch on s@h and LEGO stores will be in June at the earliest. Since the spring wave will be released in mid-April, there’s no way they’ll release the summer wave only two weeks thereafter :wink:

Ahh thanks. Is the spring wave D-0, the helmets and mando brickhead? 

57 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Mando Brickheadz seems to be August as well, so the Spring wave is D-0, the two busts, and an unknown $70 retailer exclusive or D2C

Edited by legozebra

58 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Almost :wink: The BrickHeadz are slated for August and there's (probably) an unknown 70$ set in the spring wave :classic:

Edit: Ninja'd :snicker:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Thanks and thanks! 

Unless I want the £/$70 set I'm not sure there is enough Star Wars stuff I want to get me over the free gift threshold :grin:

44 minutes ago, legozebra said:

and an unknown $70 retailer exclusive or D2C

This set has been speculated to be an exclusive or D2C because of something Stonewars reported. It has shown up in a few North American retail computers, however... an indicator that it may be more widely available, at least in certain regions.

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Thanks and thanks! 

Unless I want the £/$70 set I'm not sure there is enough Star Wars stuff I want to get me over the free gift threshold :grin:

Is there going to be a free gift for this wave?

3 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Is there going to be a free gift for this wave?

There is a GWP for May the Fourth, similar to the mini Endor and Hoth builds from the last year or so.

Just now, jdubbs said:

There is a GWP for May the Fourth, similar to the mini Endor and Hoth builds from the last year or so.

Let me guess, tatooine?

I quite liked the endor one, I might have to end up buying the Boba helmet after all, and then a microfighter to pass the threshold if it's $75 again

Edited by Mandalorianknight

32 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Seriously? So no minifigure this year either... that sucks 

44 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Seriously? So no minifigure this year either... that sucks 

While I don't necessarily mind the mini-build, I wonder when they had to have this planned/made by.  I have a feeling that if they went for a Beskar Mando or a Phase II Commander Cody or something it would be both very topical and likely entice people to buy SW stuff even if they weren't initially planning on it.  I'm sure people will be up in arms (again) and going on rants about how Lego's cheating them out of this or that, but it definitely does seem like a potentially missed opportunity.  However, if this had been planned for a year or so, I can understand why. 

26 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

While I don't necessarily mind the mini-build, I wonder when they had to have this planned/made by.  I have a feeling that if they went for a Beskar Mando or a Phase II Commander Cody or something it would be both very topical and likely entice people to buy SW stuff even if they weren't initially planning on it.  I'm sure people will be up in arms (again) and going on rants about how Lego's cheating them out of this or that, but it definitely does seem like a potentially missed opportunity.  However, if this had been planned for a year or so, I can understand why. 

I think hasbro complained about the minifigure-only bags or something, I forget.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think hasbro complained about the minifigure-only bags or something, I forget.

Nah, don't think it's that cause they recently made 20th anniversary Obi-Wan. I don't think hasbro complains about gifts with purchases or promos, they complain about things like those 3 figures that came with magnets that you could just remove.Hasbro realized people were buying them for figures and forced LEGO to stick them together. LEGO can just slap 20th anniversary or 40th for episode 5 on a small build for may 4th and collectors will go crazy.