MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

1 minute ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

So we should expect the April wave to be revealed fully in March and not during the rest of toy fair? 

We're definetely not getting them from Toy Fair. It's just a matter of waiting and having patience now

On 2/22/2020 at 2:43 AM, Bartybum said:

Oh man I totally agree. So many people bitched and moaned that last year’s 75233 Droid Gunship was just a rehash, when it was almost entirely a new build from the ground up. Fantastic set.

Now my turn to comment on the Razor Crest. I don’t think it’s worth the $200AUD it’ll cost here, but I argue that it’s a lot nicer than a lot of MOCs out there. The only thing lacking in the set is a little bit more colour. The nacelle intakes are a little bit too ribbed, and the front is quite bland. I have to agree that for a $200 set, it needs more to make it worthwhile.

Tbh I’m not sold on the Baby Yoda fig. I was expecting some sort of robe, not a beige tracksuit lol.

I guess à LOT of people dont know that, or dont care. I did neither. Didnt know it was like that, but doesnt change my opinion. I want some new stuff.

On 2/22/2020 at 9:12 AM, ARC2149Nova said:

I like the Razorcrest. Could've gone for Kuill over Karga, and a Remnant Trooper over the Scout Trooper (not even remotely different from the Action Battle figure, which is nice, but not really accurate), but overall I'm happy.

With today being Saturday, and the biggest day of the fair, I hope we see more stuff revealed. We most likely won't know the May UCS until April, at least not officially, and we might see a couple of Clone Wars sets, since Hasbro and other brands are going for Mandalorian and Clone Wars over ROS (rightfully so, I might add), so maybe the AT-RT/BARC and AAT reveal? With a side of AT-AT to celebrate the 40th anniversary of ESB? Only a few hours to go.

What is the difference between Remnant and regular stormtrooper. I dont see it. So that is why I think the scout is better, even if I could wish we got another Mandalorian specific character instead

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

We're definetely not getting them from Toy Fair. It's just a matter of waiting and having patience now

Patience... something I don’t have a lot of lol :laugh_hard:

17 hours ago, bountybossk said:

Beyond the Brick posted a "hands-on" video with the Razor Crest, but holy ... that video is frustrating. The LEGO representative has no clue what he's talking about and while they open the back panels of the ship, they don't show any of the interesting parts (bed/escape pod)...

When did you find out that the ship has a bed and escape pod in it? 

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

What is the difference between Remnant and regular stormtrooper. I dont see it. So that is why I think the scout is better, even if I could wish we got another Mandalorian specific character instead

Think of a Sandtrooper, but with more chips in the paint scheme and armor itself, and you have yourself a Remnant Stormtrooper. It's pretty much worn armor.

7 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

When did you find out that the ship has a bed and escape pod in it? 

Lego themselves. Go read description of this set at s@h.

Out of curiosity, does anything think it's likely we'll see another U-Wing? Not sure if I should get one second hand or wait for a remake...? It was included in Episode 9, but that doesn't mean much (or does it?)...

12 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Heh, it’s [ s p o i l e r ] [ / s p o i l e r ], without all the spaces of course. I have it typed out in my bookmark because I can never remember where the slash went. 

Thanks

15 hours ago, Vindicare said:

that poor trooper’s gonna have to walk in the desert. 

after what he did to the child, he deserves much worse

Actually glad the set comes with IG11

1 hour ago, The Real Walkers said:

Out of curiosity, does anything think it's likely we'll see another U-Wing? Not sure if I should get one second hand or wait for a remake...? It was included in Episode 9, but that doesn't mean much (or does it?)...

I personally do see it happening someday (if lego is able to keep the license) but if they were to do so it definetely wouldn't happen for the next 2-3 years

We will probably see U wings in the Cassian TV show.  That is the most likely time we will see another.  It has a tentative release date in 2021.

Edited by lego the hutt

4 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

When it comes to leaks I can somewhat understand it, but why these pictures taken at a public event in 2020 look like they were taken with a 10 year old phone is beyond me.

At least the (used) interior looks kinda nice

Why does IG-11 not at least have some color variance? At a glance, he's no different than IG-88. Some brown on the torso, (a la Battle Droid ranks) would've been appreciated.

The interior looks okay, aside from the carbon freezing chamber, there's nothing much to it, but I'm okay with that. And am I the only one who sort of likes the stickered carbonite blocks? It reminds me of the old piece for Han Solo, so kinda nostalgic.

38 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

When it comes to leaks I can somewhat understand it, but why these pictures taken at a public event in 2020 look like they were taken with a 10 year old phone is beyond me.

At least the (used) interior looks kinda nice

So it looks like underneath the cockpit area is where the sleeping quarters are, and then on the right side of the ship's rear area are where the carbonite pieces go.  Where is this escape pod fitting is what I want to know.

2 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Where is this escape pod fitting is what I want to know.

My guess is the portion between the engines. Looking at those pictures, that space has a height of 3-4 bricks, which would be enough space for a flat, horizontal escape pod build.

6 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

Probably not until the Andor show. As far as I remember they don't go for that much (I got a NISB one on ebay in late 2018 for $40)

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I personally do see it happening someday (if lego is able to keep the license) but if they were to do so it definetely wouldn't happen for the next 2-3 years

I think it's very, very, just about 100% likely that lego star wars will keep the license. 

I personally don't like D-0, but I think it's just that he was a poor choice for a sculpture. he ends up looking not much like lego at the head and then his wheel can't rotate. I hope we get images of the other 3 sets sometime soon.

While I like the Razor Crest, I think for the price lego should have added a speeder bike, the weapons cabinet and maybe the Ugnaut ( I forget his name).

5 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

While I like the Razor Crest, I think for the price lego should have added a speeder bike, the weapons cabinet and maybe the Ugnaut ( I forget his name).

The good thing is there is a lot of space for you to add what you want to the interior.  I like that the size of the interior is true to the ship as well.  It’d be cool if the opposite side to the bed opens up and has the toilet there. ?

I really don’t get why they didn’t reveal the rest of the spring wave sets at the NYTF... If they follow the usual pattern, the official pics should drop roughly 1.5 months before release, so basically within a week or so. Might just have revealed them right then and there :purrr:

Then again, 75274 is not going to be available at retail stores from the sounds of it, so they probably wouldn’t have shown it anyway :shrug_oh_well: 

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

The good thing is there is a lot of space for you to add what you want to the interior.  I like that the size of the interior is true to the ship as well.  It’d be cool if the opposite side to the bed opens up and has the toilet there. ?

I'm pretty sure the opposite side is used to store a few of those spring loaded missiles

14 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Thanks for sharing!
The sleeping area looks nice. Lots of visible technic parts when the ship is fully opened though. But I guess that's somewhat inevitable.

Regards,
Mitch

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm pretty sure the opposite side is used to store a few of those spring loaded missiles

Yup and I'm definitely going to be replacing those with blasters to replicate the weapon storage. Honestly though, aside from that I'm not sure what else I would have to have for the interior so I appreciate that it's so spacious. It makes me wonder if it was on purpose and they plan to release a small to medium, sized set that includes Kuill and a Blurrg that can fit inside. That's going into speculation territory though. As the set is though I think there are 2 things it really needed. One, a floating cradle for the child and two a speeder bike for the Scout Trooper/IG-11. Also I do wish they had done more to differentiate IG-11 from IG-88, heck if they had just made him mostly a different color that'd be enough.

47 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Also I do wish they had done more to differentiate IG-11 from IG-88, heck if they had just made him mostly a different color that'd be enough.

They could've done his arms in a bronze like color, they aren't entirely bronze but it would go a long way in differentiating him from other IG figures

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

like @ToaDraco, I'll be swapping those out for guns. Luckily, there's a fair amount of lego gun designs, especially when you take into account the ones in western, the lego movie, etc, and you can bet the magahorn gun from the first few years of the theme will be stored there.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

They could've done his arms in a bronze like color, they aren't entirely bronze but it would go a long way in differentiating him from other IG figures

Yeah, or brown printing on the torso the way they've done for pilots.