MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

11 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

That's it? That's all they're going to show? Utterly disappointing. Well, D-0 looks ok but the proportions are way off as his wheel is way too small but it looks okay design-wise. It's overpriced but that's just how LEGO Star Wars is now sadly. The Razor Crest still looks excellent but while I appreciate having lots of interior space for figs and cargo, it feels too hollow and empty. I expected a little more for the price frankly. It's still a must-buy though. So disappointing they won't even bother to show us the rest of the spring wave that comes out in 2 months. Ah well, it's not much and is mostly meh anyway. The good stuff isn't coming until the summer and it'll be awhile before we see it sadly.

The Spider-Ham set from marvel will be officially revealed tomorrow, maybe some Star Wars april sets will follow?

I think the D-O looks great.  I still want to see it next to UCS R2/BB8.

I saw it mentioned it was almost a foot tall.  With stand, BB8 is around 10 inches and D-O should be shorter.  I figure the "almost a foot tall" comment includes the dirt patch. 

Hopefully it is small enough to display well next to the other 2?  Unsure. 

If D-O ends up larger than bb8 that is likely a deal breaker for me but as a stand alone set it looks wonderful.

Razor Crest looks even better now (I thought it was fantastic, now it's near perfect for me). It looks amazing from every angle, I love the texture and all the details.

The best thing is the interior - it's actually quite big! Cockpit area has two seats and a lot of space, which is great. Main interior feels kind of empty, but at least it's there, and it's big! I also love those Carbonite stickers. Moulded ones wouldn't fit, they would take too much space. It's better this way.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Razor Crest looks even better now (I thought it was fantastic, now it's near perfect for me). It looks amazing from every angle, I love the texture and all the details.

The best thing is the interior - it's actually quite big! Cockpit area has two seats and a lot of space, which is great. Main interior feels kind of empty, but at least it's there, and it's big! I also love those Carbonite stickers. Moulded ones wouldn't fit, they would take too much space. It's better this way.

The new angles definetely made me love it a lot more. The official pictures don't do the set justice imo

The perspective does round out the Razorcrest. I still will probably replace a few of the smaller light gray studs and grated 1x2 tiles with some silver and gunmetal ones I have on hand to give it more contrasting surface details.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:26 PM, lego the hutt said:

Ya, the ghost is the exception, not the rule.  I could list a half dozen reasons why the ghost specifically wouldnt get a remake and this will.  Not the same situation.  Not concerned at all.  

I think you have to present those reasons if u want to convince me. How I see it, its highly spekulative at the moment since we neither know how long the series will run or how long that ship Will be part of it.

Why do you think I want to convince you?

Again, I'm happy to have a conversation but that is off topic and shouldn't be had here.  Feel free to PM me if you want .

12 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

This one. I brought it up a few pages ago but it got buried under people arguing over minifigures. It could also be a remake of the green one he flies to Mustafar. 

The green would be great because we can get some awesome minifigs like ROTS Padme or Nute Gunray or maybe even Wat Tambor. Would pair well with the Mustafar duel as well

1 minute ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

I know I keep bringing this up but do you guys think it’s likely we’ll see the  rest of the April sets or not? I need to know what that fourth set is.

In any case, not at the NY toy fair.

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

maybe some Star Wars april sets will follow?

I hope so. It would make sense because those sets are going to release in a couple of months and this would be a great opportunity to reveal them and promote the Star Wars Lego theme.

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

The green would be great because we can get some awesome minifigs like ROTS Padme or Nute Gunray or maybe even Wat Tambor. Would pair well with the Mustafar duel as well

Green is unlikly in my eyes, since it would bring in another Vader/Skywalker while Duel on Mustafar will be still on the shelfs. I am to lazy to look it up, but I also think that the last yellow one came out before the green one.

The large interior gives more value for the Razor Crest, I'm starting to really like this set.

D-O is ok design wise, but I'm not on the buildable droids though.

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

Oh man, don't give me hope for new Gunray, Tambor or any cool separatist I will just end up super disappointed. 

Beyond the Brick posted a "hands-on" video with the Razor Crest, but holy ... that video is frustrating. The LEGO representative has no clue what he's talking about and while they open the back panels of the ship, they don't show any of the interesting parts (bed/escape pod)...

It's probably best to assume that none of the figs you're hoping for will be produced and then be pleasantly surprised instead of the other way around.

33 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

Beyond the Brick posted a "hands-on" video with the Razor Crest, but holy ... that video is frustrating. The LEGO representative has no clue what he's talking about and while they open the back panels of the ship, they don't show any of the interesting parts (bed/escape pod)...

That happens at 99% of the TF's

2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Green is unlikly in my eyes, since it would bring in another Vader/Skywalker while Duel on Mustafar will be still on the shelfs. I am to lazy to look it up, but I also think that the last yellow one came out before the green one.

Green was in 2012, yellow one in 2014. You also run into the same problem with having two yellow Anakin’s star fighters on the market at the same time. At least the green one could give us some different minifigs to differentiate it from the other one and be a different shade.

Loving the Razor Crest even more now. It’s great that The Child can sit with him in the cockpit. It would’ve been nice to get a speeder bike though...that poor trooper’s gonna have to walk in the desert. 

1 hour ago, Vindicare said:

that poor trooper’s gonna have to walk in the desert. 

Nevermind, can't remember how to do spoiler warnings 

Edited by legosamsonite

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Heh, it’s [ s p o i l e r ] [ / s p o i l e r ], without all the spaces of course. I have it typed out in my bookmark because I can never remember where the slash went. 

Edited by Vindicare

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

In the typing box, press the symbol that looks like an eye; that will bring up the box to type spoilers into. :classic:

11 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

Any ideas when or at what occasion we might see official pictures of the summer sets?

Either a month or two before their release or when some random web shop adds the pictures too early :laugh: Another option is leaked boxes or instruction booklets, but that happens very rarely

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Either a month or two before their release or when some random web shop adds the pictures too early :laugh: Another option is leaked boxes or instruction booklets, but that happens very rarely

So we should expect the April wave to be revealed fully in March and not during the rest of toy fair?