MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

This one. I brought it up a few pages ago but it got buried under people arguing over minifigures. It could also be a remake of the green one he flies to Mustafar. 

Never noticed it was different, interesting. 

12 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Oh man I totally agree. So many people bitched and moaned that last year’s 75233 Droid Gunship was just a rehash, when it was almost entirely a new build from the ground up. Fantastic set.

Now my turn to comment on the Razor Crest. I don’t think it’s worth the $200AUD it’ll cost here, but I argue that it’s a lot nicer than a lot of MOCs out there. The only thing lacking in the set is a little bit more colour. The nacelle intakes are a little bit too ribbed, and the front is quite bland. I have to agree that for a $200 set, it needs more to make it worthwhile.

Tbh I’m not sold on the Baby Yoda fig. I was expecting some sort of robe, not a beige tracksuit lol.

I am with you, bot on the gunship and on the Razor-Crest :wink:

It is a nice set, but overpriced and somewhat of the wrong colour.

Buildable D-O is pretty much exactly what could be expected. Not really into those types of sets but kinda neat nonetheless. I would probably collect them if they were cheaper

D-O is nothing for me, but cute. 

Some interesting wrench like parts used for the arm. Never seen these. EDIT: Ah, it's 44225. You see, i don't own walkers ^^

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that D-O's box art is so gloomy? The picture looks so desolate and just makes me associate the set with loneliness and coldness. I mean, it probably mirrors D-O's backstory, but I wouldn't say it was a good marketing technique.

Edited by BacktoBricks

D-O looks pretty cool imo, though I do feel like his wheel should be a bit larger. But it'll be a skip for me as I don't have any of the other droid sets to display it with

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

D-O looks pretty cool imo, though I do feel like his wheel should be a bit larger. But it'll be a skip for me as I don't have any of the other droid sets to display it with

It doesn't scale well with the other droids anyway. It has some nice mechanisms and cable detailing but it's pretty bad overall.

Just now, JekPorkchops said:

It doesn't scale well with the other droids anyway. It has some nice mechanisms and cable detailing but it's pretty bad overall.

At least those 3 lines on his head/face are prints, but I don't see this set doing well

Man.. I used to look forward to toy fair, but it just gets more restrictive and less exciting each year, all i really hoped to see were the busts, but I'm unsure if we will

Also, the Brothers’ Brick unveiling video on YouTube confirms the head can be tilted up and down, and swivelled left and right, all with the help of linkages and gears. The three conical slots are confirmed to be printed.

I feel like Star Wars sets with decent amounts of interior space very seldom happen, so seeing the Razor Crest have so much is a very nice surprise. It does seem a bit empty at the back though, but that's nothing a bit of modding can't solve. Throw in a weapon rack and a few control panels and you're golden. There's suppose to be a sleeping area too if I recall from the set description correctly. 

Just now, Bartybum said:

Also, the Brothers’ Brick unveiling video on YouTube confirms the head can be tilted up and down, and swivelled left and right, all with the help of linkages and gears. The three conical slots are confirmed to be printed.

Also looks like this (and the Mandalorian sets) are the only sets shown off

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

And a different angle does really make the set look much better: 

lego-star-wars-75292-mandalorian-the-razor-crest-2020-front-2020-zusammengebaut-andres-lehmann zusammengebaut.com

Oh man, that nose is in dire need of some surface texturing. It’s quite bland as is.

29 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Oh man, the brickhead Mandalorian uses no prints. Just stickers.. 

6 minutes ago, Joel1234 said:

Oh man, the brickhead Mandalorian uses no prints. Just stickers.. 

There's a good chance the build shown at ToyFair is just a prototype, and the final product will use a print like the other Brickheadz.

Hate brickheadz,have 0 interest in D-O,but Razor Crest looks even better,love the big interior.
Sucks that there is nothing good to buy in next 5-6 months though unless ucs set is from prequels.

Good pictures of the carbonite pieces are on IG. And even though they do use stickers I really like them! 

One of them is definetely the Mythrol from episode 1, the other is a random human (or at least it's not a character I recognize)

LEGO representative in the D-O video: "Off course it's a curved surface and it's hard to apply stickers. So these are printed."

THEN WHY DO YOU WANT US TO PUT 6 STICKERS ON THE TANTIVE IV COCKPIT?! This still hurts. Tantive IV was top of my wanted list. Still haven't bought it because of the stickers (I never use stickers).

That's it? That's all they're going to show? Utterly disappointing. Well, D-0 looks ok but the proportions are way off as his wheel is way too small but it looks okay design-wise. It's overpriced but that's just how LEGO Star Wars is now sadly. The Razor Crest still looks excellent but while I appreciate having lots of interior space for figs and cargo, it feels too hollow and empty. I expected a little more for the price frankly. It's still a must-buy though. So disappointing they won't even bother to show us the rest of the spring wave that comes out in 2 months. Ah well, it's not much and is mostly meh anyway. The good stuff isn't coming until the summer and it'll be awhile before we see it sadly.

Edited by ToaDraco