MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

30 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

There’s a pic of the back cargo-bay of the Razor Crest on IG. There are 2 blocks of carbonite, both seem to use stickers.

Why am I not surprised? With every new feature of the set I see I feel more like it's not worth the price. I still want it but lego really needs to put more effort in these sets 

1 hour ago, Brickadeer said:

The supply of AT-ST Raiders is pretty good in Germany :)

I thought a major point for Lego is to pre-sell as many sets as possible before the set is copied and sold for a cheaper price. To achieve that goal, offering any incentive seems to be smarter than to assume that people will preorder because they are feared not to get it at all. Of course, I may be wrong about lego's motive.

Unlike the supply of Mandalorian-BP ;)

If you expect MOC quality from this set, you should expect to pay MOC prices. It's not a surprise that MOC builders can make more aesthetically pleasing sets; they don't have to worry about things like cost, playability, and stability. If you can't come to terms with that, just build your own MOCs instead of buying official sets.

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Well lego have not done a remake of the ghost so if the series is not running for more than a few years, its far from certain, even unlikely there will be one.

Ya, the ghost is the exception, not the rule.  I could list a half dozen reasons why the ghost specifically wouldnt get a remake and this will.  Not the same situation.  Not concerned at all.  

Edited by lego the hutt

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Why am I not surprised? With every new feature of the set I see I feel more like it's not worth the price. I still want it but lego really needs to put more effort in these sets 

Just because the carbonite is stickers instead of a mold doesent mean the set is not worth the price

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

Just because the carbonite is stickers instead of a mold doesent mean the set is not worth the price

No, but the fact they use a kinda lazy aproach for a small problem which has been solved years ago, having a very steep parts-price ratio and still asking more than top dollar does make it not worth the price, for me. 

I do think it looks cool though, but just not worth that price. Hopefully the AT-AT will be better :sceptic:

Edited by Brickviller V2

3 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

Ya, the ghost is the exception, not the rule.  I could list a half dozen reasons why the ghost specifically wouldnt get a remake and this will.  Not the same situation.  Not concerned at all.  

LEGO remakes sets that are sure-sellers, and so far nothing specifically from a tv show has really risen to that level. How many Clone Wars-specific sets have been issued more than once? Perhaps a Jedi Starfighter or so? Hardly the same as a $130 flagship set. If you’re passing on this set in hopes of a remake, you may be waiting a very long time. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Were you seriously expecting LEGO to make new molds (especially molds that large/complex) for characters that appear only in the first fifteen minutes of the first episode of the series?

Lol dub.  Comparing cartoons to the Mandalorian is a poor comparison.  If you want to discuss comparing the razorcrest to something like the ghost we can...but it should be in PM.

20 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

LEGO remakes sets that are sure-sellers, and so far nothing specifically from a tv show has really risen to that level. How many Clone Wars-specific sets have been issued more than once? Perhaps a Jedi Starfighter or so? Hardly the same as a $130 flagship set. If you’re passing on this set in hopes of a remake, you may be waiting a very long time. 

Were you seriously expecting LEGO to make new molds (especially molds that large/complex) for characters that appear only in the first fifteen minutes of the first episode of the series?

Sure making Han Solo esqe carbonide  molds was unlikely, but they could at least make those a prints instead of stickers. For 130$ they really don’t give us a lot! If this set didn’t have the child, I guarantee it wouldn’t sell very good. Recently LEGO just doesn’t put a lot of value into the sets tbh. I mean we get 4 minifigs in 130$ set, but also in 15$ battllepack?! Minifig wise they could have at least added Kuill, Moff Gideon and a Deathtropper. This wouldn’t bankrupt LEGO but would have added value to the set itself.

Edited by benderisgreat

43 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

If you expect MOC quality from this set, you should expect to pay MOC prices. It's not a surprise that MOC builders can make more aesthetically pleasing sets; they don't have to worry about things like cost, playability, and stability. If you can't come to terms with that, just build your own MOCs instead of buying official sets.

Thank you! Yes this is very true. People’s expectations for some sets are just not realistic sometimes. Personally I think this set is spectacular and there’s really nothing to gripe about. A few days ago we all thought we were getting nothing from this series! Come on people. If anyone was really expecting new carbonite molds (which would have been a waste of budget imo) they need to lower their expectations. I think the only real complaint is that there should be more minifigs

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

47 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Sure making Han Solo esqe carbonide  molds was unlikely, but they could at least make those a prints instead of stickers. For 130$ they really don’t give us a lot! If this set didn’t have the child, I guarantee it wouldn’t sell very good. Recently LEGO just doesn’t put a lot of value into the sets tbh. I mean we get 4 minifigs in 130$ set, but also in 15$ battllepack?! Minifig wise they could have at least added Kuill, Moff Gideon and a Deathtropper. This wouldn’t bankrupt LEGO but would have added value to the set itself.

Yet even UCS sets often come with 4 minifigs or less and stickers.

I've seen a somewhat funny saying around the internet the past few years, "the people that hate Star Wars the most are Star Wars fans." 

Evidently that seems to have extrapolated to the LEGO world as well. 

Is it a perfect set?  No.  Is it pretty accurate to the source material, specifically one that a lot of people have been asking for in the past 2 months?  I would say so.  Okay, it doesn't include every minifigure, but no one is making you buy it.  If it does get a retail release, I can almost guarantee that it won't stay at $130 the whole time it's on the shelves.  

I think I'll probably end up getting it but am not pre-ordering, I want to wait and see what kind of functionality/interior it has.

People who dislike the set don't stink as much as those who claim it to be great and blame others for not liking it, not even close.
To all of those who feel they should defend this particular model with every fibre of their being, please, leave it be. There's no any need in trying to convince anyone who thinks otherwise, myself included

cheers

I feel like LEGO waited so long to release this set, it would be met with criticism regardless of quality. This set’s quality is just as good (if not better) than most modern Star Wars sets. Sure it’s a little overpriced, but every Star Wars set nowadays is overpriced. I think everyone’s forgetting that this isn’t a UCS set or a MOC. It’s a mass produced item designed mainly for kids. And judging it as a mass produced item designed mainly for kids, I think LEGO did a fantastic job. 

On a side note, now that we’re closer to NYTF, does anyone know if seeing summer sets is a possibility? I’m very curious to see what these new sets look like!

14 minutes ago, AndrewShun said:

People who dislike the set don't stink as much as those who claim it to be great and blame others for not liking it, not even close.

I think that might be taking things a bit far. It's one thing to disagree about the quality or merits of a particular set. Another thing to say people stink for expressing an opinion. I don't think anyone here is "blaming" you for disliking the set. You're certainly entitled to that opinion. But for those who say "it sucks because it's not this other moc that's 2x the size", or "it sucks because it has a sticker" or "it sucks because it didn't include every mini figure I was expecting", well, there are valid counterarguments to those opinions. Which I and others here have every right to point out. It's not an indictment of you personally to make those points. 

Edited by jdubbs

30 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I think that might be taking things a bit far. It's one thing to disagree about the quality or merits of a particular set. Another thing to say people stink for expressing an opinion. I don't think anyone here is "blaming" you for disliking the set. You're certainly entitled to that opinion. But for those who say "it sucks because it's not this other moc that's 2x the size", or "it sucks because it has a sticker" or "it sucks because it didn't include every mini figure I was expecting", well, there are valid counterarguments to those opinions. Which I and others here have every right to point out. It's not an indictment of you personally to make those points. 

Too many manipulative conclusions you made there. Most of them I consider to be wrong. I'll pass on the arguing

Just a heads up to all those people who got an out of stock email like myself, I checked the order status and it got moved from waiting for new stock to in process so just disregard it.

Edited by RODDY

23 hours ago, jdubbs said:

No. I’m referring to the fact that the same conversation (“Set description says new Mando!” followed by “Fig must certainly be a placeholder then!” followed by “Could just be a new face print”) keeps repeating over and over again. 

Ah. Thanks for the explanation.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Makes sense, another surprise $130 reveal.

9 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Has anyone else heard a rumour about a Lego Jedi Temple? 

No.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

1 hour ago, AndrewShun said:

Too many manipulative conclusions you made there. Most of them I consider to be wrong. I'll pass on the arguing

I would politely ask you both to pass on arguing now. We can all agree that each person is entitled to their different opinion on The Razorcrest set. 

43 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

That's a dangerous line to throw out. Do you have anything to back up this comment? I'd rather we not have 5 pages of speculation based on your comment :wink:

The Razor Crest looks like a fine model to me.  It's just about perfectly sized, perfectly detailed, and perfectly playable for the price point, and very close to what I consider "true" minifig scale.  I wish it had a few copies of the carbonite mold instead of blocks with stickers, though.  That is a real disappointment there.  I must say, though, that while it's a fine model it's an ugly ship!  This comes as close as any set I know to matching the Star Wars set stereotype of "an ugly gray box".  I was hoping for a new Republic Gunship this summer, with the rumors of a new Clone Wars wave, but obviously the Razor Crest fills that product niche this year.  Guess I'll have to get the 2013 Gunship from eBay or Bricklink - after the most recent Millennium Falcon, Slave One, and X-wing, which all cost more than I'm willing to spend at the moment.

38 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Only thing i know is that Disney + is launching some game show called jedi temple this year,i dont know how possible it is to get set from that.Doubt LEGO would show some love to prequel fans with ucs set after 12 years of ot garbage.

6 hours ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

You're taking my words out of context. I said I've seen a few reasons to argue this set is kinda lacking in value, the stickered carbonite pieces being one of those reasons.

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Ofcourse not, that would be plain stupid. But with the sets price I was just really hoping for the carbonite pieces to be prints, which they obivously wouldn't be. You just misinterpreted my comment

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Totally agree with you. The set is fantastic but especially when looking at figures it doesn't offer us much. 

59 minutes ago, icm said:

This comes as close as any set I know to matching the Star Wars set stereotype of "an ugly gray box".

Is this really a thing? I've been buying lego star wars sets since the first wave back in 1999 and I wouldnt describe many of them that way. Most were gray, some were certainly ugly, and I guess many of the AT line were boxy, but I didn't realize that was a reputation among star wars sets.