MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

my guess is that we will get more sets down the line... considering that we got one scout trooper we will likely get a set with two scout troopers and two speeder bikes... this set could include Kuiil riding a Blurrg... they would go well together considering that it was two scout troopers on a speeder bikes that battled with Kuiil while he was riding a Blurrg... trying not to add spoilers but i think we are past that now...

This could be a large set and include another baby yoda (the child) in which case the Blurrg would be a big fig and have two scout troopers / two speeder bikes

but more likely it would be a brick built Blurrg and come as a two pack micro fighter set (like the dewback or bantha set)... Kuiil riding brick built Blurrg and one scout trooper riding speeder bike... Would be nice if it came with the child... 

25 minutes ago, Canada Eh said:

but more likely it would be a brick built Blurrg and come as a two pack micro fighter set (like the dewback or bantha set)... Kuiil riding brick built Blurrg and one scout trooper riding speeder bike... Would be nice if it came with the child... 

I would love this. It would be a nice way to stock up on Scout Troopers and a cheap way to get The Child for those who don’t want/can’t afford the Razor Crest. 

14 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I would love this. It would be a nice way to stock up on Scout Troopers and a cheap way to get The Child for those who don’t want/can’t afford the Razor Crest. 

Honestly, while they wouldn't do it, that would also be funny if they did it out of spite to anyone that's going to buy the Razor Crest solely to try to sell off the figures.  Mando was around $25 USD on Bricklink for a while, not sure if that's gone down as stores have begun to get the sets back in stock, but I'd imagine that this set won't decrease his value too much since it's rather expensive.  I'd guess The Child will be at least $40, if not more.

Well when we are already speculating...
Imo we will most likely get Moff Gideons Tie Fighter cause LEGO loves to do them.Minifigs: Moff Gideon with darksaber,death trooper and jetpack mandalorian.
Other than that:Mudhorn set,set with Blurrg and Kuiil,mandalorian on his speeder,Imperial troop transport so everyone can stock on imperial troopers,buildable baby yoda and my biggest wish Paz Vizsla with Mandalorian armorer set.Would also love Bill Burrs figure cause i love him as comedian.And that should be it,so LEGO can focus on season 2 and not overflow the market with nonsense like another sandcrawler,speeder that took Mythrol over the ice and stuff like that.

By the time the next unknown wave comes out in summer/January 2021, the 2nd season will be finished. Will Lego want to release sets for a previous season a year earlier? I agree a Kuill minifig would be good and Moff Gideon might be returning but by then there should be more characters and vehicles to feature.

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Can’t preorder on the Aussie site :damn: LEGO is shafting us once again. There’s still plenty of time for it to get fixed but why do I get the feeling that it won’t be?

Yep. Available to preorder on Amazon too but not the .au site and and of course restrictive geo-licensing means they won’t ship to Australia. I just hope Lego Australia haven’t done an exclusive deal with a local retailer.

I have to agree with those disappointed with the Razorcrest. That looks absolutely terrible. I fully appreciate the difference between MOCing and set design, but even so every MOC I've seen puts the set design to shame. I figured the Razorcrest would be an instant purchase for me when released, but I don't think I'd even want to use that as a base design to customize from. Yikes. At least Baby Yoda looks good.

57 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

That looks absolutely terrible. ... Yikes.

Strong terms. Overreacting a bit? What is it that you think is terrible about the set? What did you hope for? Genuine question. And can you make such conclusions based on the few pictures we've seen?

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

Yep. Available to preorder on Amazon too but not the .au site and and of course restrictive geo-licensing means they won’t ship to Australia. I just hope Lego Australia haven’t done an exclusive deal with a local retailer.

I’ve never bought anything off of Amazon, that site is just too hard to deal with here in Australia. It’s not considered an Amazon exclusive, is it? Vader’s castle was and the only store I’ve seen it in was the LEGO certified store they opened near me a few months back.

Even if it isn’t a retail exclusive it’s going to be a bitch to get. It’s like they’ve stopped restocking sets after the initial release and they only way to get them is on S@H. I haven’t seen any of the TFF sets in months.

6 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

Strong terms. Overreacting a bit? What is it that you think is terrible about the set? What did you hope for? Genuine question. And can you make such conclusions based on the few pictures we've seen?

The set looks out of proportion, and has a very rough outer finish in terms of exposed studs and colour changes. I mean just look at the puny landing gear and the front of the engine nacelles. What I'd hoped for was something that looked like the actual ship in the show, which has already been achieved by several MOC builders to better effect. Of course it's possible that the ship will look better from other angles, but some of the points I've just criticized are things that camera angle won't change. If you like it that's fine, but no I don't think I'm over-reacting at all. It looks bad.

10 hours ago, lego the hutt said:

Hmm I saw a couple more IG photos but the engines don't seem to extend out any further.  I'm wondering if we looked at the same ones?

This was the one set I was really hoping we'd get, but the shape of the ship still looks strange to me.  The proportions still seem off.  Maybe to long, wings stubby, there is a strange bumped out portion on the top rear. that seems like it should be more flush with the rest of the ship...and I've had all day to look at it and come back later to reassess. 

There is a chance I change my mind after all the toy fair coverage I guess?  Funny because this is the only set I wanted in the summer wave, here it is, everyone seems excited and I just don't think it is worthy of my display.  It looks odd.  For now this may be one that I wait for a remake of.  I wish I was as excited as everyone else seems to be.  But that's fine.  There have been sets I didn't care for the design of and waited for a remake before.  Lego is always good for that.

Well lego have not done a remake of the ghost so if the series is not running for more than a few years, its far from certain, even unlikely there will be one.

6 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Yes, but it wont happen, just noway. I mean microfighter, unlikely, but including Baby Yoda? Impossible

Edited by Sneakguest

This piece in transparent would be perfect as the windscreen of an UCS Naboo fighter, A-Wing or a B-Wing.

https://i.imgur.com/KY0g3Xr.png

Edited by hachiroku

11 hours ago, Peppybricks said:

For a playset this looks phenomenal.  I was expecting a much smaller and less detailed set for $70 or so, but LEGO surprised me with this behemoth. Really the whole existence of this set is a big pleasant surprise. I think the figures could be a little better (in quality) but it seems it’s possible that one or two are not finished. Waiting six months is cruel.

Totally agree. For a retail Lego set and all the limitations they must face for price points and part counts, the Razorcrest looks excellent, definitely going to be getting it. It's solid, it's large, it looks like what it's meant to be, effort has clearly gone into it.

I'm sure Lego has been very reserved towards larger sets for non-film vehicles over the last few years, especially after the likes of Rebels and Freemakers (and the latter got way too many big vehicles) likely didn't perform to hopes, then Resistance has nothing but two TIE Fighters, then making sequel vehicles from concept art that either doesn't make the film or works differently on camera (FO Snow Speeder, FO Scout Heavy Walker, Kylo's first shuttle). Plus I don't know how popular the range was but I doubt the Solo range tore up the sales charts either due to the underperformance of the film itself. They likely expected Mando and its merch to be another underperforming entrance into the franchise, especially as a subscription-only show.

Then it turns out to be awesome and beloved by the whole fanbase, has a mascot character that's gone viral and everyone going "why haven't they released his massive freighter as a ship yet? Stupid TLG!" It makes perfect business sense that the first thing they released was the most familiar vehicle outside of a New Republic X-Wing (especially as the TROS X-Wing was released at the same time) in the form of the Marauder AT-ST even if I myself was disappointed the only vehicle we got from the show is one that came out so recently with the Rogue One wave.

I know there's tons of MOCs that are better, but compared to some other recent larger vehicles like the Sentinel Landing Craft, the Conveyex and the First Order AT-ST, all of which are literally hideous in their representation of their on-screen counterparts and had so many corners cut, the Razorcrest here feels more in line with the standards of the U-Wing, Slave 1, Tyderium, the numerous playset Falcons, the R1 and Mando AT-STs etc. in capturing the on-screen vehicle well without requiring many parts to modify and improve the set (yet that's always part of the fun anyway, especially in dressing up the cockpit interiors). Yes there's always a bit of a scale issue and the "real" vehicle isn't the prettiest thing anyway, but regardless I think it looks great and my son will be dead-excited for it.

Looks like the whole side opens too, wonder if there's room to fit lots more Mandalorian warriors in there!

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the point in preordering the set now? Wouldn't it make more sense to buy it during the May the 4th event... with all the SW gifts available? Or are preorders excluded from minimum buy for the gifts?

18 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Now that my excitement has cooled down a little I just sat down and thought about the price, it's really expensive. I'll still get it but for that ridiculous price they really should've given us at least 1 (maybe 2) more figures....

The Scout Trooper is the same as the one from the action sets. It's relatively new and hard to get, but not new for this specific set :wink:

Yeah, same here. I pre-ordered it immediately yesterday, and now I'm thinking, "Uhmm, maybe I should've waited a bit" :laugh:
A speeder bike for the Scout Trooper would've been a reasonable inclusion, but some more characters would've been welcome as well.

And I know about the Scout Trooper not being NEW-new, so to speak. I did mean 'the latest version', so :tongue: But thanks :thumbup: 

18 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

The official description mentioned 'The Razor Crest has a dual LEGO minifigure cockpit, cargo hold with opening sides/access ramps and carbonite bounty elements inside, sleeping area and detachable escape pod for creative play.' which sounds good to me. I wonder if the carbonite will new parts printed bricks or Han solo.

Ah, yes. In my excitement I didn't even read the description I guess :grin: 
Thanks for passing the info along. It sounds great, I'm curious how the carbonite elements will look :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

30 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the point in preordering the set now? Wouldn't it make more sense to buy it during the May the 4th event... with all the SW gifts available? Or are preorders excluded from minimum buy for the gifts?

If you're getting any promo's it will be the promo's that run around the time the set itself releases, not ones from months before

I would buy this, because it is an interesting spaceship design.  The last Star Wars set I bought was the U-Wing from 2016.

59 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

I called lego to ask about that and they told me that they are only accepting a limited number of pre-orders... once they max out they will stop accepting pre-orders... that’s what they said...

27 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

If you're getting any promo's it will be the promo's that run around the time the set itself releases, not ones from months before

Just now, Canada Eh said:

I called lego to ask about that and they told me that they are only accepting a limited number of pre-orders... once they max out they will stop accepting pre-orders... that’s what they said...

I see, thank You both. I'll wait better than.

25 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I don't think that's correct :look:

Whenever I've purchased a back-ordered item, I've received the promo available at that time (it's always sensible to add something small & in stock as well to ensure they're sent immediately!).  I'm holding off until May 4th; I'm not worried if I don't get in until the initial orders are fulfilled and would prefer a nice promo with it (and possibly double VIP points).

34 minutes ago, Lobot said:

I don't think that's correct :look:

Whenever I've purchased a back-ordered item, I've received the promo available at that time (it's always sensible to add something small & in stock as well to ensure they're sent immediately!).  I'm holding off until May 4th; I'm not worried if I don't get in until the initial orders are fulfilled and would prefer a nice promo with it (and possibly double VIP points).

Same here. Actually seems a bit silly to order it now. Was looking everywhere for a reason, some promo or anything that would make ordering something 6 months ahead of time logical. Nope. May 4th makes way more sense. 

2 hours ago, brimbolet said:

Well it’s not released until Sept. so there’s that. But the point is people want to secure one and demand will likely far outstrip supply when it’s released. I haven’t seen the AT-ST Raider in stores in my country since November when it aired. It briefly came back in stock at Lego S@H a week ago but has since sold out again...and that’s without the pull of baby Yoda and Mando’s ship.

5 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Well it’s not released until Sept. so there’s that. But the point is people want to secure one and demand will likely far outstrip supply when it’s released. I haven’t seen the AT-ST Raider in stores in my country since November when it aired. It briefly came back in stock at Lego S@H a week ago but has since sold out again...and that’s without the pull of baby Yoda and Mando’s ship.

The supply of AT-ST Raiders is pretty good in Germany :)

I thought a major point for Lego is to pre-sell as many sets as possible before the set is copied and sold for a cheaper price. To achieve that goal, offering any incentive seems to be smarter than to assume that people will preorder because they are feared not to get it at all. Of course, I may be wrong about lego's motive.

Edited by Brickadeer

33 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

The supply of AT-ST Raiders is pretty good in Germany :)

I thought a major point for Lego is to pre-sell as many sets as possible before the set is copied and sold for a cheaper price. To achieve that goal, offering any incentive seems to be smarter than to assume that people will preorder because they are feared not to get it at all. Of course, I may be wrong about lego's motive.

I was answering as to why people preorder, not the reason/s why TLG have set up a preorder in the first place. But you’re probably correct as to TLGs motive to go this route, at least partially.