MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Wow Lego introducing an interesting set, been a while hahahaha.  The ship is very detailed, nice size and baby yoda is well made.  

It's gonna sell like crazy. 

They’ve done a fantastic job with The Razorcrest! The official description says “New for August 2020 The Mandalorian and The Child minifigures”. I take that to mean they are placeholders and I’m hopeful we will see him in his Beskar armour. He spent like 80% of the show with it and it was integral to the plot. The fact they’ve announced it so early, are taking preorders and specified “new for August” speaks to them wanting to bank on the hype but the minifigure design may not finalised. Speaking of preorders, which countries can you preorder on S@H? Preorders are not up in Australia as yet.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Are you saying something is coming tomorrow? Because I'm not sure what could POSSIBLY top the razorcrest.

No. I’m referring to the fact that the same conversation (“Set description says new Mando!” followed by “Fig must certainly be a placeholder then!” followed by “Could just be a new face print”) keeps repeating over and over again. 

24 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

It looks phenomenal, not sure what you’re talking about...there’s no pleasing some people

I believe I've expressed myself clearly enough. If you were looking for some hidden sense, there was none

24 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I pre-ordered my copies. Got a notice from Discover that Lego is holding funds for the purchase. Lego then sent an email saying it's just an authorization and the actual charge will come when the sets ship. This is very normal practice. But then I got an email saying the set was out of stock. Hopefully this is just a delay in the Lego servers and not reason for alarm that I won't getting a shipping notification on Sept. 1st.

I got the same out of stock email, it might just be an automated email for items that aren't currently available.

30 minutes ago, Markalus said:

Preorders are not up in Australia as yet.

https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/the-razor-crest-75292 ...you're welcome! $199 though...:-(

I love it but unfortunately so does my oldest son, so he may get it for Xmas and I'll just have to play with/admire it when he's not around.

A bit strange they didn't give the scout trooper a speeder bike though - a bit of a tough ask for one solitary imperial trooper to take on the Razor Crest *and* the Mando and allies plus kids could then stick IG-11 on it if they wanted.

Hopefully Lego will do a full-sized Imperial transport set with Moff Gideon and some Death troopers/Remnant Troopers (the Hasbro remnant trooper looks pretty cool:   https://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/2020/Feb20StoreReports-starwarssentinel.jpg). I guess a foldable tie fighter would also be cool but the vehicle has been done fairly recently.

Edited by TeufelHund

Nice! From the official image on Lego.com and those on Jedi News it seems the Razor Crest might have a lot of interior space. There are visible hinges on the bottom of the ship, and multiple sections could open up for easier access to the interior, including not only the middle door, but also the front lateral section and well as the back lateral section. The back part of the cockpit also appears to be removable for better access to a second seat.

Excitement at seeing an official Crest, but it's tempered by the slightly off design (engine arrays most noticeably), the standard Mando (no beskar, boooo....) and 7 month wait ?

Just now, TeufelHund said:

A bit strange they didn't give the scout trooper a speeder bike though - a bit of a tough ask for one solitary imperial trooper to take on the Razor Crest *and* the Mando and allies plus kids could then stick IG-11 on it if they wanted.

I treat scout trooper as bonus that they didnt have to do,but that i appreciate they added in.I mean they could have added Kuiil and then another scout trooper and then 2 speeder bikes and 130$ set becomes 200$,its better this way,i would prefer Kuiil over Greef but its nitpicking.There is so many great sets coming and double christmas figures in advent calendar i am happy they didnt add stuff like that and then doubled the price.

19 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

I got the same out of stock email, it might just be an automated email for items that aren't currently available.

I've received the same out of stock email when I've ordered backordered things from them. I didn't get one for the pre-order I placed earlier today though, so that's weird.

That looks brilliant. With the Clone Wars sets and the AT-AT it looks like we have a really solid wave coming up. 

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Then again the angle of the entire set makes the engines look less extended out than they are via Instagram photos...which makes it look way better. 

Perhaps a tiny bit too long but in all honesty I’m not bothered. 

Hmm I saw a couple more IG photos but the engines don't seem to extend out any further.  I'm wondering if we looked at the same ones?

This was the one set I was really hoping we'd get, but the shape of the ship still looks strange to me.  The proportions still seem off.  Maybe to long, wings stubby, there is a strange bumped out portion on the top rear. that seems like it should be more flush with the rest of the ship...and I've had all day to look at it and come back later to reassess. 

There is a chance I change my mind after all the toy fair coverage I guess?  Funny because this is the only set I wanted in the summer wave, here it is, everyone seems excited and I just don't think it is worthy of my display.  It looks odd.  For now this may be one that I wait for a remake of.  I wish I was as excited as everyone else seems to be.  But that's fine.  There have been sets I didn't care for the design of and waited for a remake before.  Lego is always good for that.

Can’t preorder on the Aussie site :damn: LEGO is shafting us once again. There’s still plenty of time for it to get fixed but why do I get the feeling that it won’t be?

My first thought was that it looks terrible. It’s not too bad but I expected better. There are much better MOCs around. Obviously rushed although Lego surely was able to access descriptions and art for the Razorcrest well before November last year. They had the perfect opportunity to use the new curved pieces from Poe’s X-wing but didn’t take it.

I guess the positives are that it has all the basic elements of the Razorcrest in there, the front and canopy look good. The price is about what’s expected at $200 in Australia, similar to the Slave I and Ren’s shuttle.

Overall adequate to good but a bit overhyped, pretty much the same as my opinion of the show itself.

Edited by Paul11283652
More accurate.

This might be the second most expensive set that I buy straigtht from s@h, bought the death star when it came a few years ago. 

But I do agree they should have added at least one more relevant figure, otherwise, it looks terrefic. Someone who knows why lego suddenly have started to decrease the amount of figures included in a set? 

Just now, Paul11283652 said:

Lego surely was able to access descriptions and art for the Razorcrest well before November last year.

Of course they did.  There was a good amount of video that was shown to the public at celebration last April.  Specifically, the razorcrest being designed and having animation added to it engines etc.  It was only baby yoda that was under wraps.

The Razor Crest looks amazing! Definitely going to be a day one purchase. Baby Yoda is already one of my favorite minifigures for the year and I like that they've given IG-11 a new head print to differentiate him from IG-88. Hopefully we'll see more pics of the interior at Toy Fair.

There any hope of them giving the Mando some arm printing? That'd help justify the price a tiny bit more, especially if it is different than the one in the AT-ST Raider.

13 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

There are much better MOCs around. 

There are always better MOCs. But MOCs play by much different rules. Don't have to be affordable (and rarely are), don't have to use readily available parts (and many digital-only MOCs rely heavily on nonexistent colored parts), don't have to live up to LEGO's standards for safety, quality and ease of build, etc., and don't have to be stable (one MOC of this ship that I built had landing gear that immediately collapsed under the weight of the ship... it had clearly never been built in real bricks). So, don't judge LEGO by an impossible standard.

18 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

Obviously rushed although Lego surely was able to access descriptions and art for the Razorcrest well before November last year. 

The set number is a pretty clear indicator this set began design development a year or so ago. (The Child was probably the only part "rushed", since LEGO wouldn't have had access to him until November.)

21 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

They had the perfect opportunity to use the new curved pieces from Poe’s X-wing but didn’t take it.

Possibly, but I think a better solution would have been to scale up the engines, which ideally would have been another 2+ studs larger in diameter.

It’s crazy how we know almost everything about sets that are several months away from releasing but we know almost nothing about the fourth April set. But I think that we will get pics of the set from NYTF which is just around the corner! :moar:

9 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

There are always better MOCs. But MOCs play by much different rules. Don't have to be affordable (and rarely are), don't have to use readily available parts (and many digital-only MOCs rely heavily on nonexistent colored parts), don't have to live up to LEGO's standards for safety, quality and ease of build, etc., and don't have to be stable (one MOC of this ship that I built had landing gear that immediately collapsed under the weight of the ship... it had clearly never been built in real bricks). So, don't judge LEGO by an impossible standard.

The set number is a pretty clear indicator this set began design development a year or so ago. (The Child was probably the only part "rushed", since LEGO wouldn't have had access to him until November.)

Possibly, but I think a better solution would have been to scale up the engines, which ideally would have been another 2+ studs larger in diameter.

I’m well aware of the different rules for MOCs and official sets but, for example, tfcrafter’s version looks better for a similar class of piece count. From a pricing point of view Lego probably could have set it at $250-280 dollarydoos and 1500 pieces and they’d get a similar amount of sales.

The proportions of 75292 look accurate though including the engines. 2 studs larger would be too much.

My point about it being designed before November was more that Lego obviously did start well over a year ago but the look of the set and the timing of the pre-order combined with the release date gives the vibe of it being rushed.

Just now, Paul11283652 said:

I’m well aware of the different rules for MOCs and official sets but, for example, tfcrafter’s version looks better for a similar class of piece count.

That MOC is double the size of the LEGO set (±2000 according to the designer, versus 1023 for LEGO's). You're not comparing apples to apples.

12 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

That MOC is double the size of the LEGO set (±2000 according to the designer, versus 1023 for LEGO's). You're not comparing apples to apples.

Neither were you when referring to your MOC that couldn’t hold its own weight. Anyway the proportions are fine for 75292 but the look of it is that it’s a Razorcrest made from Lego. Compared to last years Slave I, which is so good I can forget it’s made in Lego, this one isn’t as good.

For a playset this looks phenomenal.  I was expecting a much smaller and less detailed set for $70 or so, but LEGO surprised me with this behemoth. Really the whole existence of this set is a big pleasant surprise. I think the figures could be a little better (in quality) but it seems it’s possible that one or two are not finished. Waiting six months is cruel.

5 minutes ago, Paul11283652 said:

Neither were you when referring to your MOC that couldn’t hold its own weight.

Correct. The MOC I was referring to was smaller that the LEGO version.