MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I don't recognize the DBG parts of the engine mantle. Any ideas? The cockpit window is magnificent. It looks like it has many bigger parts, lots of slopes, round plates and wedges/wedge bricks. 12,7 cent/pc sounds reasonable.

Just now, m4st3rt3ch said:

I don't recognize the DBG parts of the engine mantle. Any ideas? The cockpit window is magnificent. It looks like it has many bigger parts, lots of slopes, round plates and wedges/wedge bricks. 12,7 cent/pc sounds reasonable.

Looks like this wheel :

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=64889#T=C&C=85

What part is used for the front of the cockpit glass?  The bulk of the canopy is obviously a clear cylinder panel, and the fairing behind the canopy is one of the dome molds created for the 60080 space shuttle, but I can't tell what the front of the canopy is.

Edit - The canopy is made of two of the large clear panels most recently produced for the Ship in a Bottle.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6059#T=C&C=12

Edited by icm

3 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Woohooo! This set looks amazing. By far the best Lego star wars set in years. The child looks so cute, it outdoes all the custom ones out there. The price is also a good deal for once. I wonder about the carbonite, I assume it will be like the old Han one, just a print on a brick, but honestly that's enough. I'm so hyped! The Mandalorian is truly the future of Star Wars.

Are you serious? The set is extremely overpriced and it's definitely not the prettiest SW ship out there. 

Kinda disappointed.

Hopefully we will see some pictures of the box soon. I’m very interested if the ship offers some cargo space...

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

8 minutes ago, Rauhwelt said:

Are you serious? The set is extremely overpriced and it's definitely not the prettiest SW ship out there. 

Kinda disappointed.

Why crap on other people's joy? If you don't like the set, you don't have to buy it. 

12 minutes ago, icm said:

What part is used for the front of the cockpit glass?  The bulk of the canopy is obviously a clear cylinder panel, and the fairing behind the canopy is one of the dome molds created for the 60080 space shuttle, but I can't tell what the front of the canopy is.

Edit - The canopy is made of two of the large clear panels most recently produced for the Ship in a Bottle.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6059#T=C&C=12

Both the promotional and in-person photos of the cockpit glass appear to show a single piece, not two parts joined together.

According to the description from Lego shop, Mando is new minifg, so one we see right now is probably  a placeholder. And apparently set include new Carbonite pieces representing several bounty Mando has in the hold in EP 1.

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

According to the description from Lego shop, Mando is new minifg, so one we see right now is probably  a placeholder. And apparently set include new Carbonite pieces representing several bounty Mando has in the hold in EP 1.

Yes mentioned this earlier. Praying that it’s not a typo by Lego.

7 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Could just be that he has a face this time. 

8 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

According to the description from Lego shop, Mando is new minifg...

I wouldn't bet on it.

Just now, NeutralNoodle said:

Good point!

Edited by Brickadeer

Just now, NeutralNoodle said:

Yeah, that’s probably it. I’d love a new torso to reflect

Spoiler

the armour he gets after Episode 3

but you can’t have everything and at the very least the face is gonna be new.

Anyway, this set looks awesome! Baby Yoda is great, the Razorback looks absolutely gorgeous. So much greebling and design work, I love it! The repeat of the new Scout Trooper is a nice bonus and makes me want to see if that Endor set from last year is still available so I can have two. IG-11 is a good addition, though I don’t even remember who Greef Karga is honestly . . still, definitely gonna get this set!

I wasn't going to buy the ship anyway. and now seeing how ugly it is I feel sorry for Mandalorian fanboys

For more than 1000 pcs it could've looked miles better, poor design

Edited by AndrewShun

Just now, AndrewShun said:

I wasn't going to buy the ship anyway. and now seeing how ugly it is I feel sorry for Mandalorian fanboys

Majority loves this ship and this set. I think it looks amazing. So you can take your "I fEeL sOrRy FoR mAnDaLoRiAn FaNbOys" somewhere else. 

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Majority loves this ship and this set. I think it looks amazing. So you can take your "I fEeL sOrRy FoR mAnDaLoRiAn FaNbOys" somewhere else. 

yeah it says a lot

Edited by AndrewShun

10 minutes ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Sorry but what does s@h mean again?

Shop At Home, the sales part of LEGO.com. IE, buying online directly from LEGO rather than at a physical store. 

28 minutes ago, AndrewShun said:

It looks phenomenal, not sure what you’re talking about...there’s no pleasing some people

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Baby yoda is the most adorable figure of all time

Agreed, he looks great.

This razorcrest set is AMAZING! It looks great, and the price isn't bad for what it is. Baby yoda is adorable, ig-11 and scout trooper are fine. Carga's...interesting, but I get what they were going for. I'm ok with getting another early mando as you can tell this is something they got ready as fast as they could, and based on the description it's possible he's a placeholder.

47 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Am I stuck in Groundhogs Day again?

Are you saying something is coming tomorrow? Because I'm not sure what could POSSIBLY top the razorcrest.

I pre-ordered my copies. Got a notice from Discover that Lego is holding funds for the purchase. Lego then sent an email saying it's just an authorization and the actual charge will come when the sets ship. This is very normal practice. But then I got an email saying the set was out of stock. Hopefully this is just a delay in the Lego servers and not reason for alarm that I won't getting a shipping notification on Sept. 1st.

34 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Shop At Home, the sales part of LEGO.com. IE, buying online directly from LEGO rather than at a physical store. 

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it