MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

Only bit that’s off is that the engines connected to the main part of the ship should be wider/more stretched out. 

You dont think it seems like it is to long?  The real razorcrest has a more stubby looking design imo.  (I'm probably not explaining that well but hopefully you get my meaning).

But yes, the engines dont extend out far enough as well.

1 hour ago, segatasan said:

From promobricks:

Comes with 5 minifigs: The Mandalorian, The Child, Greef Karga, IG-11, Scout Trooper.

Nice, hope IG-11 has a new mold, but unlikely.

I think it only looks slightly off because of the angle of the photo. Some angles of the show showed how long it was and it surprised me sometimes 

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Nice, hope IG-11 has a new mold, but unlikely.

Pictures are out go check it out! Sorry, no new mold for IG-11

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

3 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

You dont think it seems like it is to long?  The real razorcrest has a more stubby looking design imo.  (I'm probably not explaining that well but hopefully you get my meaning).

But yes, the engines dont extend out far enough as well.

Then again the angle of the entire set makes the engines look less extended out than they are via Instagram photos...which makes it look way better. 

Perhaps a tiny bit too long but in all honesty I’m not bothered. 

Does anyone know if Lego take the money straight away for preorders, or if they take it when it is being dispatched?

53 minutes ago, lego the hutt said:

It does look a little off.  It might have been a rushed design to get it on shelves?

For comparison:

latest?cb=20191118170532

75292.png?fit=bounds&format=jpg&quality=

Sure it's not 1 for 1 but Lego sets rarely are, it seems pretty close to me, I think the varying angles of the two pictures exaggerate Thier differences.

30 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Rather big, so I guess it will have a bit of an interior.

The official description mentioned 'The Razor Crest has a dual LEGO minifigure cockpit, cargo hold with opening sides/access ramps and carbonite bounty elements inside, sleeping area and detachable escape pod for creative play.' which sounds good to me. I wonder if the carbonite will new parts printed bricks or Han solo.

Well, I haven't paid anything yet, so they're not getting any money from me :tongue:
Unless I'm misinterpreting your question?

Regards,
Mitch

2 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Does anyone know if Lego take the money straight away for preorders, or if they take it when it is being dispatched?

All my previous orders have been billed when the sets ship.

i quite like it honestly i know there has already been much better mocs etc but i like the way that cockpit has been done, i think my biggest gripe is the length of the wings but that can easily be sorted, i also like the baby design, i actually thought wed get a new mould for that but i like what they have done 

With all the complaints lately, and iffy sets and waves, can we all just take a moment to appreciate TLG for this set? What an amazing set, even without Beskar Mando and Moff Gideon, we’ll probably get them in season two sets 

Now that my excitement has cooled down a little I just sat down and thought about the price, it's really expensive. I'll still get it but for that ridiculous price they really should've given us at least 1 (maybe 2) more figures....

47 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Holy moly, it's true!
Oh, man, so excited! The Child looks excellent! Can't say too much for Greef Karga yet, but so far he looks great.
IG-11 looks good as well and I love the fact that it also contains a new Scout Trooper :excited:

The ship itself also looks excellent. Rather big, so I guess it will have a bit of an interior.
Can't wait for this to be released :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

The Scout Trooper is the same as the one from the action sets. It's relatively new and hard to get, but not new for this specific set :wink:

Edited by Guyon2002

It’s... it’s gorgeous. Have about $100 in VIP and was originally planning on using for Ninjago City but since it retired, now I’m gonna use it for the majestic Razorcrest

I am glad we are getting a scout trooper, but for those that have watched the show.

Spoiler

It sure is insult to injury we get one of them instead of Kuiil. I have spoken.

Edited by LurkingEhlek

Oh, how the turns have tabled :grin: So much for the alleged death of LSW :tongue:

This is an amazing set and The Child is just adorable. Glad they managed to repurpose the baby mould :thumbup:

Set looks amazing even though i would rather have Kuiil than Greef Karga but wont complain either way.With Razor Crest,clone wars sets where i want multiple AATs,harry potter sets and AT-AT i really hope for the sake of my wallet that UCS set is not prequel one.I wasnt this hyped for upcoming sets for a long time. Props to TLG.

Edited by PreVizsla

51 minutes ago, jpipes7261 said:

Wasn't set 75291 alleged to be the Razor Crest? I also remember hearing that set 75291 was found in the target computers. If I'm remembering this right does that mean there is another set that is a target exclusive for this summer?

Childish Landino on Instagram posted something saying that an updated set list has 75291 listed as an unknown exclusive in August with 775 pieces, so it looks like this is an entirely different set.  I guess that brings the confirmed total of sets up to 7 (Razor Crest + the previous 6 already revealed), and then assuming 91 is confirmed, would make 8.  Looks like the Razor Crest was entirely separate, which is great.

That's a great looking set to me. Better scaled and sturdier than most mocs I've seen. Not forgetting about the build limitations of retail Lego sets that mocs don't need to concern themselves with.

This set was inevitable, and it looks great. Turns out Lego isn’t so out of touch with SW fans as they’re portrayed in this forum. Looking forward to the rest of the summer wave and clone wars sets, but this one was a must buy and already has been preordered!

Edited by legozebra

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think it only looks slightly off because of the angle of the photo. Some angles of the show showed how long it was and it surprised me sometimes 

Pictures are out go check it out! Sorry, no new mold for IG-11

Yeah saw that seconds later. Even if I by pure logic was 90 % sure we get the Razorcrest this year, but didnt expect it to pop up out of nowhere like that

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

With all the complaints lately, and iffy sets and waves, can we all just take a moment to appreciate TLG for this set? What an amazing set, even without Beskar Mando and Moff Gideon, we’ll probably get them in season two sets 

You speak the truth. Is this a perfect set? Nah, but it is really formidable.

The difference in mood here between before and after this reveal is night and day. Sure this set has those complaints about not having every figure (I am guilty of this for being bummed for no Kuiil). Though it is nothing compared to the gloom of "Evil" Disney "slaughtering" innocent sets due to their "terrible" movies leading to a death spiral for Lego while not giving into the "reasonable" demands for every named clone from TCW that has been going on the past few days. I am greatly exaggerating complaints, but that just comes from how civil and positive everyone is being now. After all, most of the anxiety stems from that uncertainty of a wave. Which gives me hope that when sets are actually shown, people will be more receptive.

Insta-buy. For this low piece count it's looking very good. Chapeau TLG, chapeau! Some areas need refinement, like the guns and turbines, but that's complaining on a high niveau. It will look fabulous besides the MFs.