MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

27 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75274 ($70 April set) may have been cancelled. 

Wait so is the final April wave set really cancelled? This would be such a huge let down because that would eliminate any possibility of getting a duel on Exegol set. Please tell me this is false. :wall:

Just now, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Wait so is the final April wave set really cancelled? This would be such a huge let down because that would eliminate any possibility of getting a duel on Exegol set. Please tell me this is false. :wall:

That set is inevitable at some point even if we don’t get it now

I just want to clear some things up. We have to get more careful with what we are writing and how it sounds after being translated with Google Translate ;)

About the "not nameless" clone trooper: It's not meant to hint anything and maybe it's even a wrong assumption on our side. We should have written: "a colorful clone trooper". We don't know any name or anything. Just that he is not a plain white clone trooper. I'm going to clear that up in the article.

I am not sure how some of you guessed from our article, that Rex is somehow involved. We didn't write that anywhere because we just don't know it yet. 

We also did not write, that we "would be suprised" if 75291 got released. We just wrote that we will have to wait and see if it's getting released and what it will be, because it wasn't shown at Nuremberg toy fair as far as we know. 

Edit: And we did NOT write, that 75274 was cancelled. Again: We just don't have information on this one. It's probably just a set that won't be available everywhere.

Edited by StoneWarsDE

I don’t see less sets as a bad thing myself saves money and makes it easier to collect. Also we could get better quality of sets and more variety like this current wave seems to indicate. Give me less sets if they are better sets and are of locations and vehicles we haven’t seen in a while or never existed. Harry Potter line has been doing this extremely well so maybe take a page from them.

Just now, StoneWarsDE said:

I just want to clear some things up. We have to get more careful with what we are writing and how it sounds after being translated with Google Translate ;)

About the "not nameless" clone trooper: It's not meant to hint anything and maybe it's even a wrong assumption on our side. We should have written: "a colorful clone trooper". We don't know any name or anything. Just that he is not a plain white clone trooper. I'm going to clear that up in the article.

I am not sure how some of you guessed from our article, that Rex is somehow involved. We didn't write that anywhere because we just don't know it yet. 

We also did not write, that we "would be suprised" if 75291 got released. We just wrote that we will have to wait and see if it's getting released and what it will be, because it wasn't shown at Nuremberg toy fair as far as we know. 

Thank you for the clarification.

2 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Edit: And we did NOT write, that 75274 was cancelled. Again: We just don't have information on this one. It's probably just a set that won't be available everywhere.

2 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Thanks for commenting on this and giving me a better understanding! There’s still hope.

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

We still don’t know if there’ll be any sort of freebie with the video game later this year, don’t we?

I think it’s safe to assume there will be. All of the most recent LEGO games have offered a “deluxe edition” that comes with a free minifig. I’m excited to see who it is. 

43 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75282, 75285 and 75287 have been cancelled.

Some sources (might be the same as stonewars', or might be different) did list those sets initially, then subsequently updated them to say they were cancelled. At the time I assumed that one or more of them might end up as a retail store exclusive, so I opted not to mention this all here, as I didn't think people wanted more bad news. But this is one of the reasons I've been pessimistic on all these skipped numbers showing up.

I cannot speak to the reasoning listed in the article (Disney wanting to cut back, etc.). It would make sense (I guess) if Disney truly feels the market is oversaturated, but it's the first I've heard of such a thing.

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

I cannot speak to the reasoning listed in the article (Disney wanting to cut back, etc.). It would make sense (I guess) if Disney truly feels the market is oversaturated, but it's the first I've heard of such a thing.

I honestly believe they do feel that way, at least on lego's end, there have been numerous sets in the last few years that have sold poorly, and the waves kerp getting bigger and more expensive, plus overall, I feel like a lot of the other toys that have been released for star wars haven't been as popular as they used to be..

I still legitimately see TFA, RO, TLJ, Solo toys in my local stores... like from original lines in 2015 and so forth

8 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

I honestly believe they do feel that way, at least on lego's end, there have been numerous sets in the last few years that have sold poorly, and the waves kerp getting bigger and more expensive, plus overall, I feel like a lot of the other toys that have been released for star wars haven't been as popular as they used to be..

I still legitimately see TFA, RO, TLJ, Solo toys in my local stores... like from original lines in 2015 and so forth

That's because either the movie was poor (ticket sales be damned), or the toys themselves were lackluster (like RO and Solo). I say this, and I like TFA. But, Lego's given us 3 Sequel X-Wings in the span of 5 years. And 3 Falcons. And 3 A-Wings. And so on. They over-saturated the market with largely the same vehicles, characters, or useless side things (like Plutt's shop and the Quadjumper), and few things from the 6 films merchandise actually sold for (Hasbro's PT toylines sold like hotcakes, yes, even Clone Wars, especially Clone Wars. Then Disney came along and the action figures declined).

41 minutes ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Appreciate this a lot. So, probably a normal 212th in the Soulless One. And yes, Google Translate can be very misleading.

So, maybe some hope for surprise sets (75274 & 75291), but 75285 bit the dust, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Skyhammer said:

So the BARC Speeder also includes an AT-RT?!  Little do we realize this is the long awaited 501st battle pack...

For $30... Well, some people had it coming. :hmpf_bad:

Who am I kidding, I'll hunt down as many as I can if that's the case. :grin:

There is no evidence that any 501st clones will be in the BARC Speeder & AT-RT set. Let’s not accidentally start a false rumor to give people more fuel to their complaints. If some people think a 501st-centric set is coming and then it’s revealed to not be the case, they’ll freak out

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There is no evidence that any 501st clones will be in the BARC Speeder & AT-RT set. Let’s not accidentally start a false rumor to give people more fuel to their complaints. If some people think a 501st-centric set is coming and then it’s revealed to not be the case, they’ll freak out

Both @Skyhammer and myself were clearly joking, for the record. But yes, temper expectations. It sucks being excited over anything these days. :sadnew:

3 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

That makes one of us. A lot of sets there that I regret never getting.

5 hours ago, RODDY said:

I don’t see less sets as a bad thing myself saves money and makes it easier to collect. Also we could get better quality of sets and more variety like this current wave seems to indicate. Give me less sets if they are better sets and are of locations and vehicles we haven’t seen in a while or never existed. Harry Potter line has been doing this extremely well so maybe take a page from them.

You have a point... but to be honest, the Soulless One is way too over priced but I’m sure that the actual quality of what is in the set is good. It comes down to whether or not you’re in favor of quantity over quality or vice-versa to determine whether or not you think this wave is good, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ood0 said:

That makes one of us. A lot of sets there that I regret never getting.

Oh I actually meant like hasbro toys, I got the sets I wanted from most of those movies

7 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

I have the opposite issue, stores near me have been running out of those sets before the year they were released in had even ended.

13 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

There is definetely going to be a free figure with the new game, it's just a matter of when the game will release

Fingers crossed for rebel friend, although I'm not sure how likely that is. The past Freebies with games have been REALLY out there.

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

If that’s true that explains the $30 price

100%. I'm hoping this means it's a properly scaled at-rt as well, and probably more than even that. (last year's oversized AT-RT also had a spider-droid, turret, and exclusive vader with stand, so unless this is a truly gargantuan BARC we should see more stuff, maybe like a separatist speeder or something.

8 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

What the kriff is wrong with Disney? First they push out horrible films (with a sole exception), terrible merchandise, and now they want to cut back the good stuff?

I also collect Hasbro Star Wars stuff, so I'm very interested in seeing what this means across the brand.

Well, looks like Star Wars collecting is about to die a horrible death.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't see this is a bad thing. A lot of people were criticizing disney for releasing so much in so little time, and it makes sense that a slowdown of the media the sets are based on would result in a slowdown of sets.

And I'm assuming your "sole exception" was rogue one, but to be honest, all the films but solo did pretty well at the box office, all but TROS and to an extent solo did well critically, and all but TLJ (reasonably) and to an extent TROS were liked by the majority of the fans. (personally, when viewed through the lens of J.J. having to deal with what TLJ set up, I think TROS goes from a mediocre to amazing film.)

13 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I have the opposite issue, stores near me have been running out of those sets before the year they were released in had even ended.

Same here. There were a few exceptions, like the ervana interior set, AT-AP, droid gunship, and the combat speeder, but all the other sets were constantly out of stock at my stores (I live in the suburbs about an hour away from a major city, not sure if that increases/decreases demand or something), to the point where I started mainly buying online because I can't get there the day they get new shipments.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

100%. I'm hoping this means it's a properly scaled at-rt as well, and probably more than even that. (last year's oversized AT-RT also had a spider-droid, turret, and exclusive vader with stand, so unless this is a truly gargantuan BARC we should see more stuff, maybe like a separatist speeder or something.

Probably a STAP or something 

I am on rewatching binge marathon of clone wars and i was wondering is there any chance that new clone wars sets arent based on new episodes but on old ones?Cause i just watched episode 21 of season 1 where

Spoiler

lightning squadron on AT-RTs were fighting AATs on Ryloth.

Edited by PreVizsla
wrong episode number

8 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

But, Lego's given us 3 Sequel X-Wings in the span of 5 years. And 3 Falcons. And 3 A-Wings. And so on. They over-saturated the market with largely the same vehicles, characters, or useless side things (like Plutt's shop and the Quadjumper), and few things from the 6 films merchandise actually sold for (Hasbro's PT toylines sold like hotcakes, yes, even Clone Wars, especially Clone Wars. Then Disney came along and the action figures declined).

I agree this has been partly poor strategy from TLG, but let's not forget that they are married to Disney in a way at the moment considering Star Wars, and thus they are supposed to make sets from the new movies, but if the new movies (the sequel trilogy in particular) just copy everything from the original trilogy - the vehicles included - TLG has had few other options than to make those classic ship all over again. Of course, I agree this is way too much to blame only Disney, but to some extent the problem originates from Disney's way of making movies. Not to talk about the fact that half of the movies have been almost completely reshot just months before the release, which then resulted TLG having to go by with inaccurate concept art and vehicles that never appeared in the movies and in general not knowing which vehicles or scenes might actually be important in the final movie. Now that the sequel trilogy is done, for the good and the bad (to my mind, very bad: rip Thrawn-trilogy...), I think these kinds of problems will somewhat ease for the TLG for the while.

- Samppu

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

And I'm assuming your "sole exception" was rogue one, but to be honest, all the films but solo did pretty well at the box office, all but TROS and to an extent solo did well critically, and all but TLJ (reasonably) and to an extent TROS were liked by the majority of the fans. (personally, when viewed through the lens of J.J. having to deal with what TLJ set up, I think TROS goes from a mediocre to amazing film.)

It was, and to a tiny extension, TFA (which I did like), but the other films are mediocre at best (Solo, ROS), and base-breaking at worst (The dreaded Last Jedi). Which leads to poor toy sales. Whether you like the new trilogy or not, Disney shot themselves plenty of times in both feet. This is going to be another bullet, unless as some have mentioned, they strive for quality over quantity. But, let's not kid ourselves, this is Disney we're talking about.

31 minutes ago, Samppu said:

I agree this has been partly poor strategy from TLG, but let's not forget that they are married to Disney in a way at the moment considering Star Wars, and thus they are supposed to make sets from the new movies, but if the new movies (the sequel trilogy in particular) just copy everything from the original trilogy - the vehicles included - TLG has had few other options than to make those classic ship all over again. Of course, I agree this is way too much to blame only Disney, but to some extent the problem originates from Disney's way of making movies. Not to talk about the fact that half of the movies have been almost completely reshot just months before the release, which then resulted TLG having to go by with inaccurate concept art and vehicles that never appeared in the movies and in general not knowing which vehicles or scenes might actually be important in the final movie. Now that the sequel trilogy is done, for the good and the bad (to my mind, very bad: rip Thrawn-trilogy...), I think these kinds of problems will somewhat ease for the TLG for the while.

- Samppu

You make some good points. Hopefully, we'll go back to the golden age of LSW, where they can let go and not pull any punches.