MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

But where's the sense in that? Aayla made sense in the tank given that it's a legends vehicle anyway. 

It's not a legends vehicle though. It's canon thanks to BFII

any chance of us getting any big figs any time soon?  I really like the ones that they have made for the star wars line in the past but never got any (only started collecting last year)... but i can’t help but feel that with the dewback/bantha brick built figures that  lego is focusing on more brick built big figs... but it would be hard to make a properly balanced brick built blurrg so maybe we will see a blurrg big fig??? 

Just now, Canada Eh said:

any chance of us getting any big figs any time soon?  I really like the ones that they have made for the star wars line in the past but never got any (only started collecting last year)... but i can’t help but feel that with the dewback/bantha brick built figures that  lego is focusing on more brick built big figs... but it would be hard to make a properly balanced brick built blurrg so maybe we will see a blurrg big fig??? 

I have seen quite a few goodlooking blurrg mocs out there

1 hour ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

Unless Lego were to show off a little extra... nah, that’s not likely now that I think about it.

I’m almost certain they’ve had 2HY sets on display in the past, sometimes with placeholder minifigs but they’ve had the models out. Aren’t the advent calendars usually on display?

1 minute ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I’m almost certain they’ve had 2HY sets on display in the past, sometimes with placeholder minifigs but they’ve had the models out. Aren’t the advent calendars usually on display?

They stopped showing 2HY sets after 2016, with an exception here and there

Edited by Guyon2002

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

They stopped showing 2HY sets after 2016, with an exception here and there

That’s a shame. That’s right around the time the bootlegging took off, too. 

We still don’t know if there’ll be any sort of freebie with the video game later this year, don’t we?

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

This all depends on when you are referring to and what you mean by “on display”. In the last few years Lego has moved the product that is furthest out (2H of the year) to private viewing rooms and limited access to those who have certain credentials. Photography, etc. prohibited. This is the approach taken at the European toy fairs this year, so it’s likely the same would be true in NY.

But the sets coming out in the first half of the year (April) may very well be on full public display, perhaps even with one or two “special” things Lego wants to show off early. They have done this at least once before, when they relaunched the Harry Potter line and showed the Great Hall 5-6 months ahead of its eventual release. 

11 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

We still don’t know if there’ll be any sort of freebie with the video game later this year, don’t we?

There is definetely going to be a free figure with the new game, it's just a matter of when the game will release

31 minutes ago, legovitor1842 said:

According to stonewars the BARC spedder will come with an AT-RT

Huh. Could this be a sneaky 501st Battlepack at $30? Lego clearly knows there’s extremely high demand for this; it’s actually a really smart move to essentially make a 501st BP but with slightly larger/more in depth builds to charge more...

Due to the article at stonewars, 75286 contains three minifigs, among them a clone trooper. It's unclear, though, if this hint stems from the leaks here in the forum or if it stems from other sources, thus confirming the leaks.

It further states that the AT-AT comes along with 6 minifigs.

Edited by Brickadeer

41 minutes ago, legovitor1842 said:

According to stonewars the BARC spedder will come with an AT-RT

Good spot. They also say thay the Soulless One will come with 'a clonetrooper, although it will not be a nameless clone trooper ...'. If they are hinting that it comes with Commander Cody then that goes against what others have said. Now I'm getting confused. :sceptic:

Just now, Brickadeer said:

Due to the article, 75286 contains three minifigs, among them a "not-nameless clone", which clearly hinting at Commander Cody. It's unclear, though, if this hint stems from the leaks here in the forum or if it stems from other sources, thus confirming the leaks.

According to that article we can speculate barc speeder will likely get Rex again and soulless one will get Cody which will then explain 80$ price point,but i am confused cause i thought leakers said its regular clone with orange markings in a soulless one set...And by article being in German we can speculate they actually went to Nuremberg toy fair?!

8 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

According to that article we can speculate barc speeder will likely get Rex again and soulless one will get Cody which will then explain 80$ price point,but i am confused cause i thought leakers said its regular clone with orange markings in a soulless one set...And by article being in German we can speculate they actually went to Nuremberg toy fair?!

Stonewars is a german website.

5 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's not a legends vehicle though. It's canon thanks to BFII

I didn't know it was in the new one yet, which is cool.

5 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Good spot. They also say thay the Soulless One will come with 'a clonetrooper, although it will not be a nameless clone trooper ...'. If they are hinting that it comes with Commander Cody then that goes against what others have said. Now I'm getting confused. :sceptic:

Maybe it's not Cody, but someone like Waxer or Boil? I know, long shot, but worth a try. @Hoth Rebel did say we're not getting Cody.

Glad for an AT-RT in the BARC Speeder set, that makes a bit more sense, but we literally just got one last year.

Edited by ARC2149Nova
Messed up my initial post

Most interesting parts of the article:

Disney is cutting down the amount of Star Wars merchandise (not only Lego). As a result, 75282, 75285 and 75287 have been cancelled. There's the answer - they were supposed to be released (we knew that thanks to "fr.rakuten" retailer), but got deleted because of Disney. 

75274 ($70 April set) may have been cancelled. 

75280 (BARC Speeder) comes with an AT-RT.

75284 (Night Buzzard) comes with two missing Nights of Ren (Kuruk and Cardo) and Rey. More minfigures could appear.

Clonetrooper in 75286 (Grevious' Starfighter) is not a nameless clone.

75288 (AT-AT) costs 150€ and comes with 6 minfigures.

75279 (Advent Calendar) comes with two exclusive Christmas minifigures. Price will remain at 30€.

MDP stands for Market Driven Product. 75291 probably won't be released (they would be surprised if it did).

Also, we've got a confirmation for August release date.

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Most interesting parts of the article:

Disney is cutting down the amount of Star Wars merchandise (not only Lego). As a result, 75282, 75285 and 75287 have been cancelled. There's the answer - they were supposed to be released (we knew that thanks to "fr.rakuten" retailer), but got deleted because of Disney. 

Wait, Disney is allowed to order their license-holders to reduce the amount of their products so late in the stage of developement that they already got product-numbers? 

23 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

...And by article being in German we can speculate they actually went to Nuremberg toy fair?!

No, we can't. From the article I'd conclude that it's more a summary of current rumors.

Edited by Brickadeer

What the kriff is wrong with Disney? First they push out horrible films (with a sole exception), terrible merchandise, and now they want to cut back the good stuff?

I also collect Hasbro Star Wars stuff, so I'm very interested in seeing what this means across the brand.

Well, looks like Star Wars collecting is about to die a horrible death.

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75282, 75285 and 75287 have been cancelled. 

Which ones were those sets rumored to be?

Just now, icm said:

Which ones were those sets rumored to be?

No one knows, hence why they were easier to cancel I guess.

The April set getting cancelled would make sense, given no one really knew what it was beyond the price. (And @jdubbs hint turned out to be Anakin's Interceptor)

2 minutes ago, Brickadeer said:

No, we can't. From the article I'd conclude that it's more a summary of current rumors.

Yeah but i dont remember anyone rumoring 2 advent calendar figures,or rey being in night buzzard,or giving information about the summer wave release date,saying barc speeder comes with at-rt,or even answering why the sets are skipped/canceled(except saying lego star wars wasnt in top 6 selling themes).

Also opens up a question of how big of a star wars fan was the person seeing the sets/minifigures?Can he/she differentiate 212th clone trooper from Commander Cody?Or is it like that leak about The Burrow from Harry Potter that ended up being Privet Drive.