MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

The visor is the biggest giveaway, it's way too thick to be official, not to mention the squash of the T-Visor and the thinness of the pads on the top.

It sucks, but I suppose we're going yet another year without Cody.

I was rewatching the Season 7 trailer just now, and I noticed that the 501st is on Mygeeto (like in 2005's Battlefront II). The most notable troopers (aka the only ones) in that scene are pretty much 501st Jet Troopers, so hopefully they'll be a safe bet, seeing as how the last CIS AAT (from 2009), came with the appropriate trooper (a plain one, which wasn't hard but still). Anakin does seem to fly his interceptor during a space battle (presumably Anaxes), so there's that. BARC Speeders aren't seen at all in the trailers, but it could be some weird mashup from ROTS, and not Clone Wars related.

On a side note, even though we're not going to get animated prints anymore, would Lego possibly pull a Star Wars Rebels and give us two distinct prints for Clones? One for movie-specific Clones, and one to fit in with the prior 501st/212th/104th/Coruscant Guard troops? I ask because I did manage to collect a few animated 212th and 501st troopers, and would love to get Jet Troops and 91st in the same style. I realize though not everyone thinks that way, but they did do it for SWR, so maybe they will for TCW? (At least as far as Clones go).

Obvious that helmet wasnā€™t real the helmet is ARC style and doesnā€™t blend well with Codyā€™s design at allĀ the pads looks bad thereĀ suppose to be larger and right on either side of the fin with no gaps.The helmet is suppose to have some other things on it as well but Iā€™m not sure LEGO would go into extra detail andĀ mold all his antennas and such on his helm but they for sure would make it look better than a big orange blocky visor with none of the markings.Overall the current phase II helmet modified for his accessories would look great shaping and all.

Edited by Displayedaction

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Now that the final sets have leaked, minifig speculation time! (NOT INSIDE INFO. I'm not that luckyĀ :grin:)

AAT: Will most likely be based on the Anaxes Arc, and come with 2 Battle Droids, Possibly Trench, Jesse, and a Jet Trooper.

Anakin's Interceptor: Anakin and R2 obviously, with a 501st Trooper as the third figure.

BARC Speeder: A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Rex, Ahsoka, 332nd Trooper.

These are just random guesses, but I forsee the BARC Speeder being the only Mandalore related set, with maybe one of the extra set numbers (the recently leaked ones) as a surprise set.

Anakin's Interceptor is the only one we can really tell, since two of the figures are obvious. The 501st won't get a battle pack anytime soon, but putting a few unique members across 3 cheap sets could be Lego's attempt at a compromise. We've got to at least see the Jet Trooper, since it's the safest 501st option (and the coolest). Again, this is speculation only.

I appreciate you're just speculating, but I'd definitely restrain your expectations.Ā 

Have there been any leaks regarding whether we're going back to cartoon style faces? The last 4 sets to be produced that Bricklink categorizes as being "Clone Wars" sets all feature the standard lego faces, as do all the sets produced for Rebels and Resistance. However, those were all released in the years when the Clone Wars was off the air.

11 minutes ago, 2maxwell said:

Have there been any leaks regarding whether we're going back to cartoon style faces? The last 4 sets to be produced that Bricklink categorizes as being "Clone Wars" sets all feature the standard lego faces, as do all the sets produced for Rebels and Resistance. However, those were all released in the years when the Clone Wars was off the air.

Thereā€™s been nothing as far as confirmation but I think logic dictates they will have normal faces since, as you say, all the recent clone Wars sets as well as the Rebels and Resistance sets have featured figures with regular faces. Honestly the cartoon style figures is the reason I never got into the clone wars sets before (which I deeply regret now because I missed so many ships weā€™ll never see again in LEGO form).

The guy who posted the Cody helmet is telling people he got it straight from the assembly line and deleting comments calling him out. Nice

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

19 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Thereā€™s been nothing as far as confirmation but I think logic dictates they will have normal faces since, as you say, all the recent clone Wars sets as well as the Rebels and Resistance sets have featured figures with regular faces. Honestly the cartoon style figures is the reason I never got into the clone wars sets before (which I deeply regret now because I missed so many ships weā€™ll never see again in LEGO form).

Same. I'm at the point now where I'm ok getting the sets I want (like the theorized AAT) and just selling any figs I'm not fond of, but I'd much rather they all fit in with my existing collection. Being able to get an Ahsoka with a regular face for less than ~$60 off Bricklink would be great.

1 hour ago, 2maxwell said:

The faces will no doubt be normal, but I do (only slightly) hope that they'll pull a Rebels and give us Clone Wars specific armor printing for the clones, but that's just because I already have a decent amount of TCW 212th and 501st Troopers, and want new troops to match. But I'll be happy with whatever new figs we get.

1 hour ago, Renown said:

I appreciate you're just speculating, but I'd definitely restrain your expectations.Ā 

For sure. I definitely think we'll see some new clones, but probably not the ones everyone's expecting, not yet anyway, and probably no Ahsoka/Maul/332nd Trooper.

By the way, I know @jdubbsĀ said that minfigures weren't yet finalized. That was a week or two ago. Can anyone tell if they've been finalized yet? Or if there are any figures known beyond Grievous' starfighter?

24 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I was rewatching the Season 7 trailer just now, and I noticed that the 501st is on Mygeeto (like in 2005's Battlefront II). The most notable troopers (aka the only ones) in that scene are pretty much 501st Jet Troopers, so hopefully they'll be a safe bet, seeing as how the last CIS AAT (from 2009), came with the appropriate trooper (a plain one, which wasn't hard but still). Anakin does seem to fly his interceptor during a space battle (presumably Anaxes), so there's that. BARC Speeders aren't seen at all in the trailers, but it could be some weird mashup from ROTS, and not Clone Wars related.

On a side note, even though we're not going to get animated prints anymore, would Lego possibly pull a Star Wars Rebels and give us two distinct prints for Clones? One for movie-specific Clones, and one to fit in with the prior 501st/212th/104th/Coruscant Guard troops? I ask because I did manage to collect a few animated 212th and 501st troopers, and would love to get Jet Troops and 91st in the same style. I realize though not everyone thinks that way, but they did do it for SWR, so maybe they will for TCW? (At least as far as Clones go).

I doubt it, the last few TCW sets had the normal designs. I think stylized figure designs died with rex's at-te. That said, I think the closest thing we've gotten to a clone/stormtrooper since then for an animated series set is vonreg, so...

36 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

The faces will no doubt be normal, but I do (only slightly) hope that they'll pull a Rebels and give us Clone Wars specific armor printing for the clones, but that's just because I already have a decent amount of TCW 212th and 501st Troopers, and want new troops to match. But I'll be happy with whatever new figs we get.

For sure. I definitely think we'll see some new clones, but probably not the ones everyone's expecting, not yet anyway, and probably no Ahsoka/Maul/332nd Trooper.

By the way, I know @jdubbsĀ said that minfigures weren't yet finalized. That was a week or two ago. Can anyone tell if they've been finalized yet? Or if there are any figures known beyond Grievous' starfighter?

I'd say we can hope for maul ashoka. but the new clones like jesse and 332nd (like you said) are unlikely. I think 501st jet troopers are likely though, and if that last unkown summer set (the one that we found out about along with the one that ended up being the razorcrest) is CW,Ā maybeĀ a mandalorian a la bokatan.

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'd say we can hope for maul ashoka. but the new clones like jesse and 332nd (like you said) are unlikely. I think 501st jet troopers are likely though, and if that last unkown summer set (the one that we found out about along with the one that ended up being the razorcrest) is CW,Ā maybeĀ a mandalorian a la bokatan.

Clone Wars sets without clones just seems off. I mean, yeah it's nothing new, but with so much to cover with so little sets, if we get Ahsoka and Maul outside of a duel set, we have to get a new clone with them. In the trailers, Maul is seen torturing Jesse, so if we get Maul, there's hope for Jesse too.

However, as I mentioned, I wonder if any figure selections are finalized yet. If not, there's time for Lego to really kill it.

Star Wars seems like a mixed bag this year. The sets sound great but they also seem completely overpriced.Ā 

Very keen to see the April wave. My focus has shifted more to display models so I might end up grabbing the busts and D-0 if they turn up at good prices. Hopefully some photos come out of NYTF.

Summer wave sounds good on paper but will probably end up being one of the most overpriced waves ever. I really hope LEGOĀ still reads these forums because itā€™s clear from these comments that theyā€™re outpricingĀ a lot of their customers.Ā 

A nice mix of sets for the summer wave. A lot of rereleases but theyā€™re good ones.Ā AAT and the Night Buzzard will be definite purchases for me regardless of the figures, itā€™ll just be a case of waiting for a good discount. I love ETA-2s so Iā€™m looking forward to seeing this next one. If itā€™s the yellow or the green one from episode 3 again Iā€™ll probably skip it unless it has good minifigures. I already have all the interceptors from 2007 onwards so unless itā€™s somethingĀ new Iā€™m not that interested.Ā Best case scenario is we getĀ thisĀ version. BARC speeders have been horrendously overpriced in the past, even with discounts, so it better be good for me to get it. I want to see better photos of the Souless One, I have the 2007 version and Iā€™m still very happy with it. Very happy to hear that thereā€™ll be anotherĀ AT-AT, plenty of people are after that one. Again, if the figures are good I might get it but I still consider the 2007 setĀ to be the definitive rendition despite its inaccuracies.Ā 

Something I haven't seen a lot of people discussing is the price hike for the AT-AT. The one in 2014 was $110 and the First Order one was $150. For $160 I really hope it represents a substantial improvement in size, detail, and mini-figure selection over the 2014 model.

Just now, mediumsnowman said:

Something I haven't seen a lot of people discussing is the price hike for the AT-AT. The one in 2014 was $110 and the First Order one was $150. For $160 I really hope it represents a substantial improvement in size, detail, and mini-figure selection over the 2014 model.

What gets me is that the AT-AT doesn't need to be that big, unless you're going complete minifig-scale, in which case, just go UCSĀ :wacko:. The AT-M6 being potentially smaller or even just as big is laughable. Maybe some Echo Base (like Station 3-T-8) might make up for the ridiculous hike, but I doubt it. Not even great figures canĀ save it at that price.

7 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Clone Wars sets without clones just seems off. I mean, yeah it's nothing new, but with so much to cover with so little sets, if we get Ahsoka and Maul outside of a duel set, we have to get a new clone with them. In the trailers, Maul is seen torturing Jesse, so if we get Maul, there's hope for Jesse too.

However, as I mentioned, I wonder if any figure selections are finalized yet. If not, there's time for Lego to really kill it.

Its a children's tv show in its final season (coming back on the air after 6 years by the way). Most people are going to care more about getting main characters while they can rather than random clones. They'll probably release a battle pack at some point to satisfy the people who want special clones/units.

Just now, 2maxwell said:

Its a children's tv show in its final season (coming back on the air after 6 years by the way). Most people are going to care more about getting main characters while they can rather than random clones. They'll probably release a battle pack at some point to satisfy the people who want special clones/units.

Well, the clones are the main charactersĀ :wink:, but in all seriousness I understand what you're saying. There just aren't many feasible options to get them in this wave though. I can't see them giving us Maul and Ahsoka in the BARC Speeder, or the Interceptor, and definitely not the AAT. Our best hope is next year's duel set. And please, Battle PacksĀ as in multiple. I'm going to restrain myself from wishlisting, but there's a lot of ground to cover. From the whole show, tbh, but Lego's done backtracking anything not 1-6 related. Though Grievous' Speeder was from Season 5 and they made that for some reason, so who knows.

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

There just aren't many feasible options to get them in this wave though. I can't see them giving us Maul and Ahsoka in the BARC Speeder, or the Interceptor, and definitely not the AAT.Ā 

Funny,Ā Iā€™d consider the AAT the most likely candidate for an Ahsoka... just look at the TX-130 set with Aayla Secura. That said the AAT is just as likely to include Jar Jar Binks again.

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

There is no hope for Jesse. If there was we would've already gotten a vast arangement of specific clones (like Fives orĀ Echo)

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Funny,Ā Iā€™d consider the AAT the most likely candidate for an Ahsoka... just look at the TX-130 set with Aayla Secura. That said the AAT is just as likely to include Jar Jar Binks again.

But where's the sense in that? Aayla made sense in the tank given that it's a legends vehicle anyway. One could always pretend it was on Felucia, or any other battlefront for that matter. Ahsoka is bound (in this season) to Mandalore. No CIS on Mandalore, no Ahsoka in a CIS set. Unless they made her S3-5 outfit (which would upset some), there's no realistic way to include her.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

There is no hope for Jesse. If there was we would've already gotten a vast arangement of specific clones (like Fives orĀ Echo)

No hope is a strong statement. I agree that it's unlikely given Echo or Fives' absences, but this is Lego. Predicting them is like predicting the weather. Besides, there weren't many feasible options for Echo or Fives (aside from some very hard to design Umbaran ships), and that could be one reason for their absence. Either way, my point is that Maul and Ahsoka most likely will sit out until next year. If I'm wrong, then awesome. But, let's wait and see.

33 minutes ago, ARC2149Nova said:

But where's the sense in that? Aayla made sense in the tank given that it's a legends vehicle anyway. One could always pretend it was on Felucia, or any other battlefront for that matter. Ahsoka is bound (in this seasonļ»æ) to Mandalore. No CIS on Mandalore, no Ahsoka in a CIS set. Unless they made her S3-5 outfit (which would upset some), there's no realistic way to include her.ļ»æ

Why does it have to be bound to the current season, or any season for that matter? Itā€™d be so hard to count the amount of figuresĀ LEGO has thrown in seemingly unrelated sets.

6 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Why does it have to be bound to the current season, or any season for that matter? Itā€™d be so hard to count the amount of figuresĀ LEGO has thrown in seemingly unrelated sets.

Yeah just looking at past Clone Wars sets there have been quite a few times characters weren't bound by screen accuracy. Mace Windu in Grievous' Combat Speeder, Aurra Sing in the Bounty Hunter Gunship and Ahsoka in the Umbaran Tank are just some examples.

12 hours ago, 2maxwell said:

There is very little I dislike as much as constantly having mismatched figs. It's why I had to restart my collection after lego switched to flesh colors, and it's why I avoid all sets with Clone Wars figs or change out heads. I'm also constantly on the lookout for the new clone trooper legs on BL since I don't like some of them having printing on the legs and some not having it.

I feel your pain... :wacko:Ā I have over 50 of the plain Phase 1 guys, plus at least 6 or 7 of each type of Sgt., Lt., Cpt. and Com. without printed legs. Thank goodness I got myĀ Lt. figures from theĀ hailfire droid set, so they did not need updating.Ā 

Please LEGO keep the same style of printing as the 2014 -2015 troopers on theĀ supposed new clones!Ā :excited:Ā :excited:Ā :excited:

Edited by Cyberfounder

31 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

I feel your pain... :wacko:Ā I have over 50 of the plain Phase 1 guys, plus at least 6 or 7 of each type of Sgt., Lt., Cpt. and Com. without printeļ»æd legs. Thank goodness I got myĀ Lt. figureļ»æs from theĀ hailfire drļ»æoid set, so they did not need updating.Ā 

Please LEGO keep the same style of printing on theĀ sļ»æupposeļ»æd nļ»æew clones!Ā :excited:ļ»æĀ :excited:Ā :excited:

The printing of new clones is an issue to me as well. I hope we'll get information soon if clones are included in the new sets, if changes were made and if their printing is based on previous TCW- or PT versions.

As far as I can tell, a specific TCW printing was given up in 2015, since the Senate Commando Trooper's printing in 75088 adopted to the style of EP3 troopers as in 75036 (Utapau Battle Pack). I think it's because TCW: The lost Missions was aired in 2014 and after that, the TCW-specific printing style was given up.

So unless Lego made new "dual molded" helms, I'm confident to get troopers that fit to the EP3-style :)

Edited by Brickadeer

I'm interested to know if we'll get any jedi minifigures,Ā besides Obi-Wan and Anakin. I still need Luminara, Stass Allie, Aayla Secura to name a few, not to mention I was hoping we would see a non CW style Shaak Tii by now. In the past I would have said a CW wave would be certain to include some jedi as well as clones, but now I'm not so sure. I can source those I don't have obviously, but I don't want to do that and then any of them come in these new sets.Ā 

Ā 

Also, if I'm correct in saying that only the April wave will be displayed at NY Toy Fair and not the summer wave, I can't help but think it will be a bit of a lacklustre display for Lego Star Wars. I don't think it will do much to promote the theme.Ā :sceptic:

40 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Also, if I'm correct in saying that only the April wave will be displayed at NY Toy Fair and not the summer wave, I can't help but think it will be a bit of a lacklustre display for Lego Star Wars. I don't think it will do much to promote the theme.Ā :sceptic:

Depends on what the fourth spring wave set isĀ :laugh:Ā But youā€˜re right, itā€˜s going to be lacklustre no matter what. Last year, theĀ spring wave was quite sizeable with the anniversary, Resistance and Action Battle sets and in 2018, they at least had the first wave ofĀ Solo sets and the other spring material (Jedi BP + Yodaā€˜s Hut) on display. This year, itā€™s just the helmets, D-O and the mystery set...Ā :shrug_oh_well:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Depends on what the fourth spring wave set isĀ :laugh:Ā But youā€˜re right, itā€˜s going to be lacklustre no matter what. Last year, theĀ spring wave was quite sizeable with the anniversary, Resistance and Action Battle sets and in 2018, they at least had the first wave ofĀ Solo sets and the other spring material (Jedi BP + Yodaā€˜s Hut) on display. This year, itā€™s just the helmets, D-O and the mystery set...Ā :shrug_oh_well:

Unless Lego were to show off a little extra... nah, thatā€™s not likely now that I think about it.