MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Maybe a clean version of the 212th trooper? Since the 2014 figure was battle worn. Which still wouldn't be enough reason to buy the damn thing.

Or another Airborne. Or the TCW color-scheme (bright yellow-orange and not orange). Or just a poor excuse for a set all around.

I mean, three figures for $80, none of them unique or particularly interesting. This is why Star Wars is getting its blocks kicked by Ninjago.

Just now, Skyhammer said:

Nooo!  By the force I hope they haven’t completely redesigned the Phase II Clone Troopers like they did the Stormtroopers.  Please no.  The 2014 wave and design was perfect.  There’s no reason to change it, just give us the key characters that haven’t been released yet.

Can you guys imagine the outrage if TLG FINALLY gives us 501st troopers in bulk that are movie accurate (aka not TCW animated style) but they’re a new mold and incompatible with EVERYTHING before them?

Oh hell no. If Lego's that stupid, I'm not buying another new Star Wars set, ever. I'll stick with high prices for retired sets on eBay.

1 minute ago, Skyhammer said:

Nooo!  By the force I hope they haven’t completely redesigned the Phase II Clone Troopers like they did the Stormtroopers.  Please no.  The 2014 wave and design was perfect.  There’s no reason to change it, just give us the key characters that haven’t been released yet.

Can you guys imagine the outrage if TLG FINALLY gives us 501st troopers in bulk that are movie accurate (aka not TCW animated style) but they’re a new mold and incompatible with EVERYTHING before them?

There is very little I dislike as much as constantly having mismatched figs. It's why I had to restart my collection after lego switched to flesh colors, and it's why I avoid all sets with Clone Wars figs or change out heads. I'm also constantly on the lookout for the new clone trooper legs on BL since I don't like some of them having printing on the legs and some not having it.

Edited by 2maxwell

Gotta say this is a super solid wave for Lego Star Wars, probably the best one in a couple years with a lot of variety. Last couple of years I have been buying the UCS sets alone and maybe a smaller set here and there, but there’s four sets I’m definitely interested in picking up on Day 1. Night Buzzard, Razorcrest, AT-AT, and Duel on Exegol. Between this and HP I’m probably going to broke but eh life goes on.

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Oh hell no. If Lego's that stupid, I'm not buying another new Star Wars set, ever. I'll stick with high prices for retired sets on eBay.

Honestly?  Same here...  I got back into collecting when we received the two Clone Wars (not the show, the era) waves back in 2013 Summer / 2014 Winter.

I’m still blown away that PT fans were given those waves, even considering the films 10 year anniversaries.  I felt the Clone Troopers were finally done right after all those years of the laughable animated style.

But after all these years of collecting this generation of Clone Trooper mini-figures, I’ll finally consider my collecting days over when TLG decides to retire the current molds.

I think it’s terrible what they did to OT fans with the short run of Stormtrooper molds.  Also, thought the previous version was perfect, so really it’s just a shame.

Hope like hell they don’t continue that trend of updating the “army builder” figures every couple years.

Just now, RODDY said:

Gotta say this is a super solid wave for Lego Star Wars, probably the best one in a couple years with a lot of variety. Last couple of years I have been buying the UCS sets alone and maybe a smaller set here and there, but there’s four sets I’m definitely interested in picking up on Day 1. Night Buzzard, Razorcrest, AT-AT, and Duel on Exegol. Between this and HP I’m probably going to broke but eh life goes on.

RazorCrest and Exagol by no means concerned have been confirmed. Don’t get hopes up.

Just now, RODDY said:

The Razorcrest and Exegol haven't been confirmed.

This is exactly what @MKJoshA was warning us about. A few unsubstantial hints towards Exegol and the Razorcrest and a few pages later it's being taken as a fact.....

Just now, RODDY said:

Gotta say this is a super solid wave for Lego Star Wars, probably the best one in a couple years with a lot of variety. Last couple of years I have been buying the UCS sets alone and maybe a smaller set here and there, but there’s Two sets I’m definitely interested in picking up on Day 1. Night Buzzard and AT-AT

Fixed that for you. The other two are far from confirmed.

Edit: Got twice! :laugh:

Edited by ARC2149Nova

Just now, RODDY said:

Duel on Exegol is purely rumor/speculation at this point and we’ve been asked to stop circulating the rumor.

Fingers crossed for ya mate but at this point there have been no leaks pointing towards that set coming.

I still think it’s coming though...  But again, nothing concrete to go off of.

Edited by Skyhammer

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

Fixed that for you. The other two are far from confirmed.

Edit: Got twice! :laugh:

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

The Razorcrest and Exegol haven't been confirmed.

This is exactly what @MKJoshA was warning us about. A few unsubstantial hints towards Exegol and the Razorcrest and a few pages later it's being taken as a fact.....

Just now, Skyhammer said:

Duel on Exegol is purely rumor/speculation at this point and we’ve been asked to stop circulating the rumor.

Fingers crossed for ya mate but at this point there have been no leaks pointing towards that set coming.

I still think it’s coming though...  But again, nothing concrete to go off of.

Sorry bout that guys, should of been more specific with my wording. 

I know the chances are pretty much nonexistent but I'll lose my shit if the AT-AT is based off Jedi Fallen Order and comes with Cal, BD1 and Saw

I looked at the weight of boxes on the website where there are the prices for 10 new Lego Star Wars sets and Lego 75012 is lighter than the lightest set of the 3 possible 29,99 euros sets.
75037 is lighter than 75012.
75280 would weight 310 gramms if it is Lego ip 18 ( if the weight on the website is in gramms.) making it heavier than 75012. Maybe it is heavier because of the box or things like that or because it is bigger.
But i expect it to be at least on the same level as it if it is a BARC speeder.

Edited by w219

According to Childish_Landino we are getting a new Anakin Jedi Interceptor.

Apparently we're also getting a new BARC speeder. 

Both are 29.90 USD

I think I would have preferred Ahsoka’s Jedi interceptor but it is what it is

Just now, Captain_MKA said:

According to Childish_Landino we are getting a new Anakin Jedi Interceptor.

Apparently we're also getting a new BARC speeder. 

Both are 29.90 USD

I think I would have preferred Ahsoka’s Jedi interceptor but it is what it is

Yes has been discussed in earlier pages. Agree with you regarding the interceptor.

There are AATs in the clone wars trailer on a bridge that looked similar to mygeeto would seem like it’s from there would be a logical guess and represent the show in some form.Werent there Barcs stationed on Utapau if I can remember?As for the clone variant if it’s not a redesign although not seen in a 212th variant in the movie ,the phase II Arf/AT-RT driver would be a nice touch for a first time LEGO appearance .I wouldn’t understand the speeder being saluecami based without having the other speeders at least at that price.If there is it most likely would’ve been BARC speeders instead.

Edited by Displayedaction

If the new sets do include 501st troopers, I'm hoping they've been updated to a more similar quality as Gree's helmet from recent years. The latest P2 501st trooper from 75002 that I have doesn't have movie-accurate colors (too cartoonish/bright blue, needs to be darker) nor that extra print detail to sculpt the helmet that they used in the Utapau Troopers (212th) battle pack everyone loved. 

Great to finally find out about the final $29.99 set, but I am concerned about oversizing as lego tends to do with speeders and other SW vehicles. Even with a 1ft long BARC Speeder, there's gotta be some sort of environmental build of a tree or something to justify that pricepoint (There's only so many pieces one can fit on a BARC, even the Battle of Saleucami was only $15 and used up a lot of the piece count on a STAP & environmental piece.)

7 minutes ago, CasperTheGhost said:

If the new sets do include 501st troopers, I'm hoping they've been updated to a more similar quality as Gree's helmet from recent years. The latest P2 501st trooper from 75002 that I have doesn't have movie-accurate colors (too cartoonish/bright blue, needs to be darker) nor that extra print detail to sculpt the helmet that they used in the Utapau Troopers (212th) battle pack everyone loved. 

Great to finally find out about the final $29.99 set, but I am concerned about oversizing as lego tends to do with speeders and other SW vehicles. Even with a 1ft long BARC Speeder, there's gotta be some sort of environmental build of a tree or something to justify that pricepoint (There's only so many pieces one can fit on a BARC, even the Battle of Saleucami was only $15 and used up a lot of the piece count on a STAP & environmental piece.) 

The 501st trooper in Lego 75002 is from The Clone Wars not from Revenge Of The Sith.

Edited by w219

Just now, RODDY said:

Looks like a Commander Cody helmet leaked over on Instagram. 

Clearly a custom. Shame, but what you expect from a feed anyone can tag as a legoleak.

Edited by LurkingEhlek

It does not looks right. The visor does not look good, looks like custom, same for helmet mold but the print looks clean apart from the lower part of the visor( not the orange one.).

Edited by w219

7 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

looks like cubed3 custome commander cody helmet

You are right.