MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Cyberfounder said:

*oh2* Ooooh, so exited for this. I hope the printing of the clones (especially the 501st one) matches the one from the Utapau battle pack (75036) a few years back. Now that would be a treat. :moar: :drool:

May not even get 501st troopers. 

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

One of the 'leakers' said it was (will have to search back to remember who). They said it was a clone, not Cody, but couldn't remember the variant.

Yes atleast someone remembers too! I think it was Hoth Rebel but don’t quote me on that! 

Literally unless they’ve redesigned the Utapau troopers I have no idea..

Edited by ArrowBricks

Wait so there is going be a april wave along with a summer wave? 

how come we’ve heard nothing about it, yet have the list for the summer sets?

Edited by HalfBloodPrince

2 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

*oh2* Ooooh, so exited for this. I hope the printing of the clones (especially the 501st one) matches the one from the Utapau battle pack (75036) a few years back. Now that would be a treat. :moar: :drool:

Don't get too excited, minifigures aren't known, that's just speculation. We could get let down (as Lego seems wont to do).

Just now, HalfBloodPrince said:

April wave includes the two star wars helmet bust, a D-0 droid, and unknown set (rumored to be the exogol throne room)

Boba Fett and Stormtrooper Helmets, D-O (like the large BB-8 and Yoda), and an unknown April set... It's the least interesting of the two waves.

EDIT: NINJA'D! :grin:

Edited by ARC2149Nova

I predict the unknown set to either be the exogol throne set or the razorcrest.

I don’t want to contribute to speculation but recent details have suggested both Exagol in April and the RazorCrest as the unknown set in summer. THIS IS NOT INSIDE INFO. 

5 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Yes atleast someone remembers too! I think it was Hoth Rebel but don’t quote me on that! 

Literally unless they’ve redesigned the Utapau troopers I have no idea..

@Renown said they had seen a slightly better box art and could see Grievous, Obi-Wan and a clone with orange markings. Then ... You were right! @Hoth Rebel said that there is 'no Commander Cody' and 'It's a new variant/outfit. Don't recall if it's 212th'.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

@Renown said they had seen a slightly better box art and could see Grievous, Obi-Wan and a clone with orange markings. Then ... You were right! @Hoth Rebel said that there is 'no Commander Cody' and 'It's a new variant/outfit. Don't recall if it's 212th'.

Cracking piece of work thank you! Only way I can see this being $80 or if it includes Boga but that’s highly doubtable as I feel it would have been mentioned.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

So no magna guards?I have no idea how are they planning to sell this thing...
This is what bothers me,bad set with bad minifigures at terrible price and then they will say prequel stuff is selling poorly.

2 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

This is what bothers me,bad set with bad minifigures at terrible price and then they will say prequel stuff is selling poorly.

My instant thought in seeing the blurry box art was that the third figure would be a Magna Guard, then it was said to be a clone with orange markings so I thought it was Cody. I was surprised at the idea of it having no Magna Guard considering that it seems like a popular figure with a pre existing mould, but was willing to sacrifice getting that figure for a new Phase 2 Cody. Now it is said not to be Cody I'm taking it that Lego just thinks we are all so desperate for new clone figures we'll drop our money on anything. :def_shrug:

I still need a Grievous figure so I'm going to wait and see if this new tan variant is a Clone Wars one or a ROS version before deciding to buy that or the white one. And I will probably want the Obi-Wan and clone figures, but I won't pay stupid prices for them that's for sure.

I think all Lego Star Wars has taken a sale hit at the moment, but yes I hope Lego doesn't correlate poor sales because of silly pricing with prequel sets.

Edited by BacktoBricks

I really hope the Soulless One will be priced in the same way as the TIE Dagger, resulting in a more reasonable price for us Europeans (Dagger was $80 and 70 euro, like it should be)

48 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The last BARC speeder was released as a 15$ set released in 2014 (75037 Battle on Saleucami) :wink: Unless it's like the sidecar version released before that, there might be some extra vehicle included?

Forgot about that one, meant the 2013 BARC with sidecar. Since no one would buy just the BARC alone for $30, there has to be at least a sidecar and small speeder like the 2013 set.

Regarding the Souless one, Grievous and Obi-wan are both givens, they had to be in the set, and 3-4 figures is about on part for a $70-$80 starfighter, especially when you consider Grievous is probably driving the price up a bit due to him likely being more expensive to produce than a normal minifigure (not bigfig level, but still.). Granted, I have no idea why this third figure is a new 212th trooper as @Hoth Rebel just implied, but it's no different than the TIE dagger as @Guyon2002 mentioned.

19 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Cracking piece of work thank you! Only way I can see this being $80 or if it includes Boga but that’s highly doubtable as I feel it would have been mentioned.

No problem! :cry_happy: 

Just now, Hoth Rebel said:

hmmmmmm.. 

Interesting. Cheers. Might confirm new clone variants this wave re. 501st/322nd considering it would be very strange to update that legion alone in isolation.

11 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

That's Lego for you in past 5 years! They seriously manage to make things worse for us as customers. Nowadays there can be 90$ x-wing with 3 minifigures, so don't be surprised.

I can't understand what they were thinking with 80$ Grievous starfighter with 3 minifigures!!! And from the only picture we have it seems very similar to last version, so why 20$ price increase, wtf!? And minifigure amount in sets has been horrible recently. Which fig is a selling point for this set? Repeat of Grievous or slightly updated Obi-wan? They could have easily made set more desirable with say 2 212 Clones and Cody(phase2) or magna guards( which were last released in 2009/10). 

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Which fig is a selling point for this set? Repeat of Grievous or slightly updated Obi-wan? They could have easily made set more desirable with say 2 212 Clones and Cody(phase2) or magna guards( which were last released in 2009/10). 

Grievous isn't a repeat

37 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I don’t want to contribute to speculation but recent details have suggested both Exagol in April and the RazorCrest as the unknown set in summer. THIS IS NOT INSIDE INFO. 

Others have said this so I'm not picking on you. You're comment was just convenient. As far as I've read, Exogol is a complete wish and has no substantial rumor. This is how false rumors start everyone...

41 minutes ago, HalfBloodPrince said:

I predict the unknown set to either be the exogol throne set or the razorcrest.

Please, no more predictions. We need to steer this conversation back towards substantiated rumors.

Just now, MKJoshA said:

Others have said this so I'm not picking on you. You're comment was just convenient. As far as I've read, Exogol is a complete wish and has no substantial rumor. This is how false rumors start everyone...

Please, no more predictions. We need to steer this conversation back towards substantiated rumors.

Yes my bad sorry. 

11 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Grievous isn't a repeat

Different color, but the fig is still the same as before. It's not like they completely redesigned Grievous minifigure entirely, just painted him tan.

Edited by benderisgreat

33 minutes ago, Hoth Rebel said:

hmmmmmm.. 

Nooo!  By the force I hope they haven’t completely redesigned the Phase II Clone Troopers like they did the Stormtroopers.  Please no.  The 2014 wave and design was perfect.  There’s no reason to change it, just give us the key characters that haven’t been released yet.

Can you guys imagine the outrage if TLG FINALLY gives us 501st troopers in bulk that are movie accurate (aka not TCW animated style) but they’re a new mold and incompatible with EVERYTHING before them?

Just now, Brickadeer said:

Am I right so far that no battle pack can be expected for April or summer?

Yup.

33 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

That's Lego for you in past 5 years! They seriously manage to make things worse for us as customers. Nowadays there can be 90$ x-wing with 3 minifigures, so don't be surprised.

I can't understand what they were thinking with 80$ Grievous starfighter with 3 minifigures!!! And from the only picture we have it seems very similar to last version, so why 20$ price increase, wtf!? And minifigure amount in sets has been horrible recently. Which fig is a selling point for this set? Repeat of Grievous or slightly updated Obi-wan? They could have easily made set more desirable with say 2 212 Clones and Cody(phase2) or magna guards( which were last released in 2009/10). 

The last one even had a little side build, this one I'm 99% sure won't. Lego SW is overpriced as hell.

Just now, Brickadeer said:

Am I right so far that no battle pack can be expected for April or summer?

Yes.  Unless the mystery April set turns out to be one but I’m pretty sure the price was already leaked and it’s well above battle pack range.

Most likely next battle packs will be winter 2021.  The current packs will ride out the year on shelves I think.